Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State (76179 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi Observing The 3Day Fasting Declared In Enugu (pics) / 24 Hours Curfew In Kaduna Lifted!!! / 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by tpia5: 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2012
Rich4God

you are quite right.

They rely heavily on spies to plan their attacks and the spies have to be innocuous (perhaps) members of the target group, not only outsiders.

Similar methods were used by the maumau in kenya and mend militants.

there is of course the fact that phones are bugged and this would explain how the terrorists are always abreast of their targets' movements.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by iswell1(m): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2012
i hope Nigerians and the world is seeing what the northern is doing to Ibo people.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by freegaza(m): 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2012
Abubakar Shekau the commander in chief of boko haram was born and grew up in maiduguri shehuri area.Not upto 100 metres from sir kashim house in maiduguri.Mamman Nur the deputy commander was born and raise in maiduguri gwange layin sheikh sheriff ibrahim saleh just near the sarkin hausa's house.They are both kanuris natives of borno state nigeria they have nothing to do with cameroun FOOLS
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by proudly9ja(m): 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2012
Lool, Gullible people. Someone comes with a theory, then suddenly, from 'no where' backs it up after his 'research' and we are quick to agree with him. Well, everyone is entitled to his opinion.

These so called people called Boko Haram have been tormenting us since Yaradua's regime. In fact, their former leader Yusuf Mohammed was killed in 2009 during Yaradua's regime when Yaradua was still alive. It has nothing to do with GEJ being a southerner. It has everything to do with complicity with PDP. So far, how many serious arrests have been made? The last PDP guy that was arrested, where is he today? The other one got 3 year jail term. I can bet if you check the prisons now, he's prolly not there.

They want to use divide and rule against you again and you are swallowing the bait. Boko Haram is a threat to Nigeria just like the current PDP govt is a threat to Nigerians!
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by kizito96(m): 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2012
Lets see what happens
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by proudly9ja(m): 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2012
MEND gave Yaradua problems too. Yaradua dealt with them effectively using his own methods. He didn't hide behind religious or ethnic bias to solve that issue.

Jona should deal with Boko Haram. Jona told us in 2010 that he knows the people sponsoring Boko Haram. Over one year and many innocent Nigerian and foreign lives lost, not ONE of these 'sponsors' has been brought to book. In legal terms, Im sure he can be tried for complicity and manslaughter.

We refuse to be divided.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by Rhino5dm: 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2012
No shaking. Remember we are the largest miliary here. grin grin  
If ca-moroons will continue to harbour Boko bastards which undermine our national security then they should feel the heat. It is called pre-emptive strike or "mind your business cos its affecting mine." I missed Abacha. shocked . . .he ordered us to take the fight to yaounde in 1995.

Na who born the banana eating baboon that can stand us from cameroon.?

tpia@:

^Care has to be taken.

Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by Arosa(m): 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2012
freegaza and proudly9ja, why are you guys so daft!? nobody said that boko haram originated from cameroon or that they are Cameroonians. what we are saying is that, boko haram has relocated there. and are operating from cameroon. mumu.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by Beaf: 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2012
It is interesting to see how all the boko haram supporters on NL are panicking. lol!
Your reign of bloodshed will come to an end, so concentrate on your plan B of destabilising Nigeria with protests. You will be swatted off like the shiit flies you are.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by Pharoh: 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2012
We need to focus more on our security issues.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by Beaf: 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2012
proudly9ja:

MEND gave Yaradua problems too. Yaradua dealt with them effectively using his own methods. He didn't hide behind religious or ethnic bias to solve that issue.

Jona should deal with Boko Haram. Jona told us in 2010 that he knows the people sponsoring Boko Haram. Over one year and many innocent Nigerian and foreign lives lost, not ONE of these 'sponsors' has been brought to book. In legal terms, Im sure he can be tried for complicity and manslaughter.

We refuse to be divided.

So, it is govt that is telling boko haram to kill Southerners, Christians and preach fuckry that they want Nigeria to be a sharia state?
You are very very very very very very very very very very very daft.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by LordNaya: 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2012
I am in adamawa now and i can categorically tell u dat de situation here is tensed. De more than 28 different tribes dat make up de state who are mainly christains are not happy with de migratory hausa & de fulani who migrated from cameroon for marginalising, land grabbing and oppressing them. As i speak 2 u now these tribes are waiting 4 de slightest provacation from them b4 they unleashed mayhem. I hav seen new bowls and arrow yesterday held by 1 minority tribe. My annoyance is dat de nysc has imposed inec electoral work 4 de coming election on corpers. Anyway may God help us all. Amen Amen and Amen.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by nedu210(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2012
is the curfew goin to change any thing.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by Rhino5dm: 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
Guy, stop praying and use your brain. Nobody is going to morn you if you allow yourself to be hacked by stone-aged barbaric people. As, you can see the life of a corper is worthless like toilet paper in this Bleep'd country.

Dont just get involve with any already-rigged usless election. Cherish your life.

Lord Naya:

I am in adamawa now and i can categorically tell u dat de situation here is tensed. De more than 28 different tribes dat make up de state who are mainly christains are not happy with de migratory hausa & de fulani who migrated from cameroon for marginalising, land grabbing and oppressing them. As i speak 2 u now these tribes are waiting 4 de slightest provacation from them b4 they unleashed mayhem. I hav seen new bowls and arrow yesterday held by 1 minority tribe. My annoyance is dat de nysc has imposed[b] inec electoral work 4 de coming election on corpers. Anyway may God help us all. Amen Amen and Amen.[/b]
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by proudly9ja(m): 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2012
Beaf:

So, it is govt that is telling boko haram to kill Southerners, Christians and preach fuckry that they want Nigeria to be a sharia state?
You are very very very very very very very very very very very daft.

Loool, I like it when people result to insulting lingo when responding to posts. Keep it up mate! grin

Arosa:

freegaza and proudly9ja, why are you guys so daft!? nobody said that boko haram originated from cameroon or that they are Cameroonians. what we are saying is that, boko haram has relocated there. and are operating from cameroon. mumu.
Im assuming this isn't one of the many aliases of Mr Beef so Il reply this time. Il also at this time ignore your abusive lingo.
The question is not where Boko Haram is at the mo. The question is since 2010 when Mr President said he and his govt know who Boko Haram leaders are, how many people has he arrested? After the Oct1 2010 bomb went off, Mr President specifically said it wasn't the work of MEND. This was despite the fact that MEND had claimed responsibility. Now for Mr President to come on National TV and say its not MEND implies that he had intel on who did it. I ask again, who has been arrested and prosecuted for Oct 1 act of terrorism?

I don't post on NL just for the sake of posting. Boko Haram and any other group killing innocent Nigerians are all Enemies of State. They must be arrested. Anyone including Mr President, who has info on them and refuses to do something about it, is in the same category and should be tried.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by emmke(m): 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2012
Beaf ur theory is making some sense. But what will be the motives of the cameroonians? i also think the fg should ensure that the borders to cam. , niger and chad are completely impermeable while it investigate. And if ur theory checks out, the fg should demand for cooperation from its cameroonian counterpart in curbing this situation or else,
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by proudly9ja(m): 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2012
Lord Naya:

I am in adamawa now and i can categorically tell u dat de situation here is tensed. De more than 28 different tribes dat make up de state who are mainly christains are not happy with de migratory hausa & de fulani who migrated from cameroon for marginalising, land grabbing and oppressing them. As i speak 2 u now these tribes are waiting 4 de slightest provacation from them b4 they unleashed mayhem. I hav seen new bowls and arrow yesterday held by 1 minority tribe. My annoyance is dat de nysc has imposed inec electoral work 4 de coming election on corpers. Anyway may God help us all. Amen Amen and Amen.

Thanks for the info. If you can and I know this may be difficult due to the curfew imposed, please, leave the state asap. With the forth coming strike, it may even be difficult to leave from Monday. Is there a military barracks near you? Can NYSC corpers seek refuge there?
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by emmke(m): 4:27pm On Jan 07, 2012
Beaf ur theory is making some sense. But what will be the motives of the cameroonians? i also think the fg should ensure that the borders to cam. , niger and chad are completely impermeable while it investigate. And if ur theory checks out, the fg should demand for cooperation from its cameroonian counterpart in curbing this situation or else,
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by swezenberg(m): 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2012
Beaf,

For the first time I think I will agree with u on this but permit me to add Chad from that Map. Funny enough we have a government that is so dull to see this and like someone said as we stand now we can't face Sao tome principe in any war. War will involve the military of two countries.

It is not like peace keeping where our soldiers will go about raping and killing innocent civilians. Besides the government have stolen all the money and are now looking for how to recover the one from the people through fuel subsidy removal.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 07, 2012
Damnd, au can u tel us inec impose wok n u! Dat coper, u ar as gud as dead f u cntinue wt dat inec wok, save ur life
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by rawtruth(m): 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2012
The truth is that contradictory interpretations of the Quran by various Islamic sects have denied the Islamic religion that common perspective of universal love which Christianity shares. Add that to the Arabs vs the Israelis/west perennial conflicts and you will be looking at a very complex under-currents of events that have now spread beyond the shores of those societies. Whatever the ideologies of boko haram are must have evolved from these contradictions. Al-qaeda, which is a well known international terrorist organisation, considers Christians and the West, with the US at the helm, as its prime enemies. Boko haram has links with al-qaeda and their prime targets are now Christians. Otherwise how could one explain what must have informed thousands of muslims from Zamfara to troop out in jubilation on hearing the news of the attacks on the world trade centre and other places in the US by al-qaeda on September 11 2001. Or, what can one say of the brutal killing of a female Christian school teacher in Gombe state by female muslim students of her school who had accused her of violating the Quran? These and many such incidents in Northern Nigeria have no links with ythe name 'boko haram'. Boko haram is just one of the many contraptions within the Islamic religion. As long as the muslim-north refused to expose such sects, or proved incapable of expunging harmful religious preacings/teachings among them, the rest of us will continue to bear the brunts of these excesses. We haven't seen anything yet; ask Somalia, Afghanistan and a host of others. The only solution lies in our collective "mental revolution" as proposed by Arch-Bishop Okogie. But, this too must have a universal effect before those of us consumers of the 'end-products' could experience such benefits. We pray for "mental revolution"
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by swezenberg(m): 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2012
This silly government should shut the border against Cameroun Chad and Niger. This is the first step I expect them to take. After all we are not gaining nada from these enemies. Then lets muzzle those within. It's simple.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by LordNaya: 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2012
If the nysc authorities and inec think dat corpers are going 2 participate in de elections then they are dreaming because most of de corpers will relocate b4 de election. Dis attack took people by suprise. As i speak most igbos have fled, dis has put fear in de minds of other southern tribes who they also see as igbos and yorubas making them 2 also flee. Before de election almost all non indigenes and corpers wud hav fled. The major inter-state motor park in yola is full of passengers with buses unable 2 meet the demand. Anyway the curfew is only imposed on yola and mubi local govts. May God help us. Amen.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by dempeople(m): 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2012
Nonsensical palliative measures. Talk of medicine after death.

The head of the snake MUST be cut off for peace to reign. They should have started from the caliphate itself. Nonsense.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by Arosa(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2012
proudly9ja:

Loool, I like it when people result to insulting lingo when responding to posts. Keep it up mate! grin
Im assuming this isn't one of the many aliases of Mr Beef so Il reply this time. Il also at this time ignore your abusive lingo.
The question is not where Boko Haram is at the mo. The question is since 2010 when Mr President said he and his govt know who Boko Haram leaders are, how many people has he arrested? After the Oct1 2010 bomb went off, Mr President specifically said it wasn't the work of MEND. This was despite the fact that MEND had claimed responsibility. Now for Mr President to come on National TV and say its not MEND implies that he had intel on who did it. I ask again, who has been arrested and prosecuted for Oct 1 act of terrorism?

I don't post on NL just for the sake of posting. Boko Haram and any other group killing innocent Nigerians are all Enemies of State. They must be arrested. Anyone including Mr President, who has info on them and refuses to do something about it, is in the same category and should be tried.

I agree with you that GEJ failing to bring the sponsors of boko haram to book is unacceptable. but we must take this issue that boko haram is in Cameroon seriously.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by mrperfect(m): 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2012
Let us hope that this will help curb challenge facing the region.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by Nadanbata: 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
proudly9ja:

1) People are asking why GEJ is slow to react. Becuase this guy + his PDP mates are playing chess with the Nigerian people. 100% they know what's goin on. They have even exposed themselves from what has been said before if you do analysis.
2) There is no 'Boko Haram' as the group orginally came out. Now their name has just been hijacked. Every single attack its 'boko haram'. No evidence at all. Ask them who 'Boko Haram' is and nobody knows. Who is this spokesman Qaqa? How did he suddenly become spokesman?
3) Use your brain you think Boko Haram is that sophisticated? To bomb UN, coordinate 'selected hits? Ofc there is spies giving them orders on what to hit. High ranking people within or close to the govt. Helping logistics and funding.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by Beaf: 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2012
Nadanbata:

1) People are asking why GEJ is slow to react. Becuase this guy + his PDP mates are playing chess with the Nigerian people. 100% they know what's goin on. They have even exposed themselves from what has been said before if you do analysis.
2) There is no 'Boko Haram' as the group orginally came out. Now their name has just been hijacked. Every single attack its 'boko haram'. No evidence at all. Ask them who 'Boko Haram' is and nobody knows. Who is this spokesman Qaqa? How did he suddenly become spokesman?
3) Use your brain you think Boko Haram is that sophisticated? To bomb UN, coordinate 'selected hits? Ofc there is spies giving them orders on what to hit. High ranking people within or close to the govt. Helping logistics and funding.

All of you boko haram lovers can start shedding your useless crocodile tears. The same goes to proudly9ja.
You think spilling innocent blood is politics.

If you like, tell a thousand diversionery and daft stories to cover up. proudly9ja even mentioned the Abuja bomb blasts for which people are in jail in South Africa and Nigeria, because he thinks the average Nigerian is a fool.
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by Nadanbata: 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
@ Beaf

All I am doing is asking questions. If you have half a brain you will see it does not add up. cool cool
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by tpia5: 5:42pm On Jan 07, 2012
freegaza:

Abubakar Shekau the commander in chief of boko haram was born and grew up in maiduguri shehuri area.Not upto 100 metres from sir kashim house in maiduguri.Mamman Nur the deputy commander was born and raise in maiduguri gwange layin sheikh sheriff ibrahim saleh just near the sarkin hausa's house.They are both kanuris natives of borno state nigeria they have nothing to do with cameroun FOOLS

are you mad?

The Kanuri people (Kanouri, Kanowri, also Yerwa and several subgroup names) are an African ethnic group living largely in the lands of the former Bornu Empire: Bornu state in northeastern Nigeria, southeast Niger, western Chad and northern Cameroon

Kanuri peoples include several subgroups, and identify by different names in some regions. The Kanuri language, which derived from Kanembu, was the major language of the Borno Empire Kanuri remains a major language in southeastern Niger, northeastern Nigeria and northern Cameroon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanuri_people
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by efisher(m): 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2012
Rhino.5dm and Beaf on the same page, somebody shout Hallelujah!!!
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State by bombay: 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2012
Boko are about to push the wrong button. grin once they do that boy o boy that would be the end game.

By next weekend boko haram would be story.

One more attack just one more. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South Africans React To Nigeria's Election Outcome (TWEETS) / When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... / Rivers: Tribunal Sacks Speaker And 20 House Of Assembly Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.