Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Indian Cuisine - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Indian Cuisine (2735 Views)

African Cuisine / Yours Mine and Ours: Cuisine / Rivers State Cuisine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Cuisine by armyofone(m): 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2012
Ummm, a big fan of Chicken Masala and their goat meat sauce smiley. Got intro to indian food thru course mate and i'm hooked grin
I'm thinking there must be other fans and lovers of Indian food.
Come on in let's talk about it.
Their food is nice and tasty. also spicy (i'm a huge fan of ata rodo).
Any fan of Indian food around?

3 Likes

Re: Indian Cuisine by tpia5: 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2012
The food is good but i think jamaican food is derived from indian cuisine, in a way. The curry and spices seem indian somewhat.

Kenyans also have marsala as a native dish i believe.

Anyway, you're right- indian food is tasty. I dont really eat much of it because i have to watch my food intake, but its very good.

1 Like

Re: Indian Cuisine by iice(f): 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
Tasty yea. Though i like to have it in small doses. Not the one they'll pile 4 sauces onto something that is already brimming with spices.
Re: Indian Cuisine by dollya(f): 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2012
too spicy undecided
Re: Indian Cuisine by ronkebp(f): 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
I only like their 'pita'' bread, there is always too much curry in their food.
Re: Indian Cuisine by armyofone(m): 8:32am On Jan 10, 2012
Ronkebp, dont you know Curry is very healthy and spice up one's life? there is a big value to curry and i don't miss adding it to my stews. in nigeria, curry na christmas thing. the pita bread or Naah is really deicious with chicken masala, try it kiss kiss
Re: Indian Cuisine by armyofone(m): 8:35am On Jan 10, 2012
Dolly, you need to dine with me grin. even their most pepperish/spicy India is not spicy to me. my personal stews are Super super duper spicy in CAPITAL letterĀ  grin
to make my out of this world Tilapia/mackerel stew, i use 1pound of tomatoes and 7-8 habanero/ata rodo pepper. do the maths grin
Re: Indian Cuisine by armyofone(m): 8:40am On Jan 10, 2012
lol. tired of Jamaican food. their goat meat sauce is way too fatty. they don't trim it at all so a no no. their oxtail sauce is good. i wonder what they have in there but good overall with their rice and pea. used to like their spicy beef patty.
havent tried kenyan masala. tried Olive garden masala and italian chicken masala at an Italian resturant still not at par with india masala.

tpia@:

The food is good but i think jamaican food is derived from indian cuisine, in a way. The curry and spices seem indian somewhat.

Kenyans also have marsala as a native dish i believe.

Anyway, you're right- indian food is tasty. I dont really eat much of it because i have to watch my food intake, but its very good.

Re: Indian Cuisine by dollya(f): 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2012
armyofone:

Dolly, you need to dine with me grin. even their most pepperish/spicy India is not spicy to me. my personal stews are Super super duper spicy in CAPITAL letterĀ  grin
to make my out of this world Tilapia/mackerel stew, i use 1pound of tomatoes and 7-8 habanero/ata rodo pepper. do the maths grin

U WAN KILL ME? shocked ABEG AM TOO YOUNG TO DIE OF DIARRHEA tongue
i like pepper bt too much spices gives me gas. angry. tanx bt no tanx for ur invite. grin grin grin
Re: Indian Cuisine by UniqueIndiaTour: 8:44am On Nov 28, 2012
A popular misconception/confusion is that Indian food is very spicy and intolerable to many. Truth is, it is the spices that makes Indian food delicious. The hot part of the Indian food that comes from the use of red chilies that causes trouble. Just ask the Chef to use less of the red chilies and you shall be able to relish the Indian food. Some recipes here Indian Recipes
Re: Indian Cuisine by kobonaire(m): 6:51am On Aug 26, 2014
armyofone: ....
Any fan of Indian food around?....
checking in, 2 years later .... better later than never
grin

I love Indian and Thai food .... cannot handle all the hot spice but love the flavours
Re: Indian Cuisine by mamachops(f): 10:15am On Aug 26, 2014
I love their splash of flavors....bt d spicey thing can be scary for regular consumption joorr
Re: Indian Cuisine by armyofone(m): 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
grin

I got bored with masala and goat meat samosa. The heavy cream sauce is not really friendly if you want to be slim grin. I love the spices but too much milky stuff.

I still like it with Naah though but once a year thing.

kobonaire: checking in, 2 years later .... better later than never
grin

I love Indian and Thai food .... cannot handle all the hot spice but love the flavours

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Are Those Food That Should Be Eaten In Order To Add Weight / Why You Should Stop Eating 'moin-moin' Cooked In Nylon / Sea Creature Spreads Panic In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.