Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,935 members, 7,799,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? (4830 Views)

Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend / To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by thupsie(m): 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2006
Hi,
Nairalanders!
I want to use this opportunity to tell all nairaland veiwer's how i feel on this issue.Sometimes last year, i had a girlfreind and we were so much in love but her weakness was; she was so hot- tempered! However each time she browse through my phone she keeps complaining about strange names and i told her that look, this toy you are looking at is a weapon of destruction! It will destroy what you have built but she refused to listen until we could not understand each other and she left. Ladies and Gentlemen i have seen marriages, relationship, sinking because of this incidence! Please i want all to please reply reasonably to this issue how can we cushion this problem!!
Thanks.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by babymine(f): 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2006
Why not?! shocked I dnt have anything to hide. Do you? grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by Babybee(f): 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2006
if i love him, why not?
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by chinani(f): 2:50am On Mar 16, 2006
I'd allow it.

I think if a woman leaves you b/c of something like that it's b/c she doesn't trust you. Maybe you flirt w/ other women & she's caught you or she's heard about it. Women are not eager to be fools you know. The best thing to do is to talk to her about it & be honest. If new women names keep appearing in your phone, is this b/c they are your cousins/co-workers? Or do you just collect women's phone numbers for fun? She might think you are not serious if you can not explain yourself.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by Ashbaby(f): 2:55am On Mar 16, 2006
I wouldn't mind it! Not at all, if I'm sincere, I don't have anything to hide. I'd only be hesitant if there was something I didn't want hin to see, which would be wrong, because he is supposed to feel secure in my love. When he begins to feel insecure, then there's a problem.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by Grizzly(m): 3:01am On Mar 16, 2006
Why should they want to search ma phone? it screams of mistrust, and there lies the beginning of a flailing relationship. if u want to make a call, fine. or would u just walk up to me and tell me Grizz, i need to search your phone, WT lipsrsealed
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by deyemi(m): 7:40am On Mar 16, 2006
Why not! She can do anything she want with my fone but I don't have any business with her's
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by whoknoxluv(m): 8:18am On Mar 16, 2006
well as for me i have no objection to my girl serching thru my phone since i have no hidden agenda even i will always allow her to pick calls for me at anytime. So no shaking smiley smiley smiley
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by spikedcylinder: 8:27am On Mar 16, 2006
That depends mainly on WHY he's searching my phone and HOW OFTEN.
If he's searching it just for fun or he's going through pictures and stuff like that,i don't mind.But when he makes it a habit to search through my address book such that he knows new additions and subtractions from the book,when he makes it a duty to read my messages and sometimes even reads them before i get to,i'll kick him out!
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by Grizzly(m): 8:53am On Mar 16, 2006
Xactly, that's just wut i wanted to say, only i didnt type mine correctly., wink
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by phantomcat(m): 9:32am On Mar 16, 2006
if u dont want wahala do not look for wahala. better explain who the strange nemes are when the issue comes up and clear the air befor water pass garri.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by Z4M4eva(f): 9:33am On Mar 16, 2006
I see no reason why not.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by spikedcylinder: 9:43am On Mar 16, 2006
Posted by: phantomcat
if u don't want wahala do not look for wahala. better explain who the strange nemes are when the issue comes up and clear the air befor water pass garri.

So you're saying that if there's a new addition to my address book,i have to call him up EVERYTIME to explain who it is,why the number is there,my connections to the owner of the number, blah, blah, blah?Please gimme a break,he's my boyfriend not my slave master!
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by emmyprince(m): 10:18am On Mar 16, 2006
The question is a complicated one,and i believe it all has to do with the level of the relationship and the character of persons involved.For persons that are prone to jealousy,searching your partners phone is out of it i.e let her/him have his/her privacy in this case (phone) cos it will do you much good.But in a case where the persons involved understand and trust each other,it is no big deal.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by Dupsybaby(f): 11:06am On Mar 16, 2006
Y not ,its ok as long as it makes him happy but i do advice him not to cos when he starts questioning me and making that a point of duty i do feel sick thinking hes building ideas
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by nobody2: 11:31am On Mar 16, 2006
Spike, am with u ad i buy your idea.
searching ur parttner's phone has many implications but the key word there is LACK OF TRUST.
for me, i can't cope with a woman who is a fault finding machine.
when ur partner makes it a point of duty to search ur phone, he is looking a for a negative result and will always be disappointed when he doesn't get what he/she wants.
the best way is allow your partner to be real. do not allow your partner to believe u don't trust him/her.
by way, knowing that your partner will always search ur phone what will make me not to save joy with johnson so that she will jump it when she sees is a male name.
if you love ur partner, trust her till she proves otherwise. saving numbers will not be a problem till she refuses to pick her calls or answer in an abnormal manners then she will explain.
please for those of u who have made it a point of duty searching phones, it is nothing but a way of looking for problem and it is the easiest way to quit or leave as people like me will even go and save more than 20 useless female names so whenever i want u to leave so that u can go and tell that to aso rock that u find strange numbers in my mobile.
remember the more u search the more angry u will become. and u may end up forcing ur partner to keep the numbers in his brain where u will not have access to search.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by DaSaint2(m): 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2006
would she allow to search hers? Cuz' I know I'm clean, got no skeletons in my phone.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by DaSaint2(m): 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2006
would she allow me to search hers? Cuz' I know I'm clean, got no skeletons in my phone. searching your patners phone is a big sign of mistrust and insecurity on the part of the guy or girl who is fond of this sin.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by seunmii(m): 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2006
this is the slogan
BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU SEEK,COS YOU MIGHT FIND IT.
, then,it becomes their business.
whenever anyone make it a habit to request for your fone,pls give it to them but help them by telling them the harm they might be causing for themselves and the relationship.
its the smart thing to do.let them enjoy the tour but alone.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by seunmii(m): 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2006
this is the slogan
BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU SEEK,COS YOU MIGHT FIND IT.
, then,it becomes their business.
whenever anyone make it a habit to request for your fone,pls give it to them but help them by telling them the harm they might be causing for themselves and the relationship.
its the smart thing to do.let them enjoy the tour but alone.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by babymine(f): 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2006
There's absolutely nuthin wrong 'cept someone has smthg to hide and it won't be me! grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by adexway(m): 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2006
With a glad mind. I will only be ready to answer questions if she gets inquisitory. But I've got no skeleton in my waldrope. So she can.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by DaSaint2(m): 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2006
Guys with a clean heart and empty wardropes need not fret nor fear and girls too.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by spikedcylinder: 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2006
Posted by: babymine
There's absolutely nuthin wrong 'cept someone has smthg to hide and it won't be me!

If you have something to hide,is your phone the best place to hide it?
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by DaSaint2(m): 1:00pm On Mar 16, 2006
Ok everybody answer. grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by Anoushka(f): 1:32pm On Mar 16, 2006
I do it and I usually dont like the results and I cant accuse him cos i steal his phone when he is sleeping to check.I'm addicted to it though.I think he knows cos its only texts from me that are now on his phone which is fine by me.

1 Like

Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by spikedcylinder: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2006
Go easy on yourself Anoushka before you turn your self into a jealous nervous wreck!

Just a question though,if he's actually cheating on you,do you think deleting other people's texts would change anything?
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by legs(f): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2006
notice how its mostly the ladies who are up for checking, and its the guys that are like 'No way!' grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by babymine(f): 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2006
@ spikedcylinder
Maybe. undecided grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by spikedcylinder: 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2006
yea,i notice that legs.Whats your opinion on the issue?
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by Grizzly(m): 2:20pm On Mar 16, 2006
Anybody knows how to activate PHONE LOCK?? undecided grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Search Your Phone? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:22pm On Mar 16, 2006
people only do that when they feel insecured and when there's less or no trust

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Hide This Top Secret / Am I Not Sexy Enof?...(+18 Pix) Advice In Needed! / He Claims They Are No More Dating,yet The Lady Calls Like They Are Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.