Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,915 members, 7,799,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? (6533 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Is Killing Someone A Punishment Or A Favor? / Testimonies Of Healings From HIV And AIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:22pm On Mar 15, 2006
I have heard so many people say the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome a.k.a AIDS, is a punishment from God, for people who can't control their sexual urges. What do you think?
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Seun(m): 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2006
No, it isn't. It is just a disease like malaria that happens to be transitted through blood and body fluids. (Is malaria a punishment from God for those idol worshippers in Africa?)
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Softee(f): 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2006
Aids/HIV is mostly a concequence of ones actions. Sometimes God can use it to punish somebody it just all depends on whatever his plan is. God did say not to fornicate and people did so as a result of that, all these diseases have been created so we can also blame ourselves as man. I mean we can argue about this all day long but we will trully never know until we get that chance to ask him.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by KAG: 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2006
ThoniaSlim:

I have heard so many people say the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome a.k.a AIDS, is a punishment from God, for people who can't control their sexual urges. What do you think?

No, I strongly doubt AIDS could be a punishment from any God, especially not from the apparently omni-benevolent God of christianity. It would seem highly careless and deviod of intellect, for any God to use a means as hereditary and transferable as AIDS. Would an omniscient God seeking to punish an adult allow the resulting child to catch AIDS? Would an omi-benevolent God trying tp punish a rapist, allow the innocent victim to receive the same punishment as the repist? Would an intelligent God trying to punish a sexually active person, allow the AIDS infected punished, to pass on their punishment to an innocent person who needed a blood transfusion?

I honestly don't think any God would be that callous, but then again many have attributed worse acts to their God(s), and usually in the name of divine retribution.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2006
hiv aint a punishment from God it's a disease and like some other diseases, it kills
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Ib(f): 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2006
No
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by roses(f): 1:47am On Mar 16, 2006
I think the focus now should be how do we fight the disease, many innocent children are born with the virus. the focus should be educating pple to be safe.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by enolase(m): 9:01am On Mar 16, 2006
A punishment from God?

Then what about Arthur Ashe, the only black tennis player (we used to see on Sesame Street) to win Wimbledon, who got it through a blood transfusion? Also actor Lynden David Hall (the monster in the Predator films)

What about the numerous haemophiliacs who got it through blood transfusions?

Or the numerous girls who are raped by HIV positive men and get infected as a result?

Or the unfortunate babies born to seropositive mums?

Come off it! The disease is not a punishment from God.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by simmy(m): 12:33pm On Mar 16, 2006
Well if it's a punishment then God has changed his mind because a cure (which will be widely available in the next few years) has been found by British biochemists. I hav e this on good authority
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Softee(f): 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2006
enolase:

A punishment from God?

Then what about Arthur Ashe, the only black tennis player (we used to see on Sesame Street) to win Wimbledon, who got it through a blood transfusion? Also actor Lynden David Hall (the monster in the Predator films)

What about the numerous haemophiliacs who got it through blood transfusions?

Or the numerous girls who are raped by HIV positive men and get infected as a result?

Or the unfortunate babies born to seropositive mums?

Come off it! The disease is not a punishment from God.

There IS a possibility that HIV/AIDS is a punishment from God. God punished pharoah, he killed his son and he made the plaque happen. God is still a good God. All those poor innocent children who die from AIDS. Nobody knows were they go, they might be playing in heaven with God for all we know! So don't be too sure that it is not a punishment from God.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Farriel(m): 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2006
Hmm, it could be. It just could be.

HIV/Aids is a disease like every other like it, but none has had such a devastating effect in the world on the scale that HIV/Aids has. Absolutely none. Not even the Black Death which swept across Europe in the mid 14th centuries (regarded by many as the worst natural disaster in history) can boast of such malevolence as Aids has sustainably exhibited.

Irrespective of the fact that one of the modes of transmission of the HIV/Aids virus is via unsafe sex, which reinforces the rapid spread of the disease, given the constant engagement in the practice by millions of people the world over, Aids has just got the capacity and tenacity to decimate the world's population.

When you look at when it came, where it currently is, and the deadly trail its left on it's wake, you just might think that there's some divine inclination to it. I'm not saying it is, but lots of people are asking these same questions. Millions of people are asking these same questions everywhere that Aids has left it's mark.

As more people are testing positive to it daily, as more people will continue to die from it, more people will continue to ask this.

IS THE EARTH BEING CLEANSED?
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Rolly: 4:25pm On Mar 16, 2006
its not a punishment. not at all. its like saying God is punishing u for letting the mosquito bite u and not killing it on time so he gives u malaria. No. besides we all know that its not only thru sex that u get these diseases now, anyone can get it from unsterilized needles in public or private hospitals and stuff like that. are u going to say God is punishing u for going to that hospital? No. instead, he should be punishing the person that used the unsterilized stuff on you. so we cannot really say its a punishment from God. lets just keep praying that God will continue to keep us from all harm. amen
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by otokx(m): 11:22am On Mar 17, 2006
i think its a gift from the devil
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2006
why i asked this question is because there has been a lot of arguments on this topic,unlike other diseases that once detected a cure is found immediately. scientists have been battling for so many years now to find a cure to this dreadful disease.but it seems none is forth coming they have only gone as far as making the anti viral drug which reduces the number of viruses in the affected human body to increase the person's-life span but does not  kill it completely.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by tipsy289(m): 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2006
No its not a punishment, remember some people get from blood transfusion and it does not affect bad people only,abeg lets be real(some people say the Govt administer it but could not contol it)sometimes am wit dat.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by rikkyjen(m): 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2006
Thoniaslim, Dont you know it took scientist donkey years to find a reliable cure for malaria, AIDS was only discovered in 1986 or thereabout, so the virus is kinda new!!![b][/b]
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by camara(f): 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2006
i don't think AIDs is 4rm God.and why there hasn' been a cure till yet is cuz it's kills all of the body's defence systems unlike malaria and other ailments.
but then again AIDs is accuired so if 1 wants it u accuire it
(with the exception of people that got it thru means they couldn't prevent)
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by allonym: 11:20pm On Mar 22, 2006
camara:

i don't think AIDs is from God.and why there hasn' been a cure till yet is because it's kills all of the body's defence systems unlike malaria and other ailments.
but then again AIDs is accuired so if 1 wants it u accuire it
(with the exception of people that got it through means they couldn't prevent)

If God is the creator of all things, then AIDS comes from God.

If AIDS did not come from God, then God could not be the creator of all things. And if God is not the creator of all things. . . .then the probablility of God being the creator of nothing increases.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Jackie24: 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2006
Bad things are not the wrath of God, this sort of talk turns believers into haters. Bad things happen to good people, look at it as a blessing and have strength God will reward you.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Jackie24: 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2006
God does not have a magic wand, we cannot point out what he creates with our eyes.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by allonym: 11:56pm On Mar 28, 2006
Jackie24:

Bad things are not the wrath of God, this sort of talk turns believers into haters. Bad things happen to good people, look at it as a blessing and have strength God will reward you.

exactly, God makes bad things happen to you as a way for you to grow in your trust with him. True believers will get stronger, trusting more in the lord to take care of them. If they die, then even better for them, they're one step closer to their lord.

Similarly, good things happen to those who are evil as a test as well. Clearly, true believers are able to show restraint when evil is rewarded and must resist the temptation to go over to the dark side just for earthly pleasures. After all, a true believer lives for eternal life after death, and will resist the fleshly desires of this world.

True believers don't wonder about the pointlessness of life after death or even think about how different it would be from this life. They don't try to think how exactly they would be so happy, they will gladly spend the rest of eternity praising God (that being the only thing they'll do after death). They don't even wonder about the pointlessness of having different stations in heaven, unless of course pleasure after death would be tied to how close you can sit to a God that is theoretically everywhere. Its not like anyone would care about you having a higher station since technically, nobody will suffer from envy or covet anyone else's position.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Jackie24: 4:40am On Mar 29, 2006
I disagree with the "True believers" statement, because even true believers can be selfish at times, we are only human.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Softee(f): 1:14am On Apr 04, 2006
God is not the creator of bad things, the devil is, so when the devil created aids, God probably just allowed it to happen. You see God looks after his people and will not let this kind of disease touch them unless its a consequence of ones actions or part of his plan, (Africa, innocent victims, )

God surely does have a plan for the innocent sufferers of this disease.

Matthew 5:3
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by babymine(f): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2006
Ask God. grin cheesy
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Reverend(m): 10:35am On Apr 06, 2006
African men are to blame for the AIDS virus. It was them who performed sex on green monkeys. This unatural act with an animal is now being punished by God!

If anybody can stop this disease, it has to be God!
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Fluffy(f): 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2006
The answer to this question is the following qoute:

"THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH!"

AIDS = DEATH since there is no cure, except if a man of God prays for u and u r healed which has happened before.

so if you don't serve God, you are vulnarable to get any of the deadly curses clearly stated in Deutoronomy28.

It's a punishment and u as an individual choose to receive it.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Reverend(m): 2:25pm On Apr 06, 2006
Fluffy!

The wages of green monkey screwing is death.

What about the people who became infected through contaminated blood during a transfusion?
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Fluffy(f): 3:12pm On Apr 06, 2006
I'm sorry to say it is the same thing - "wages of sin"

and the babies getting infeted through mother's,

remember the bible says the sins of parents follow their kids till the 3rd or 4th generation

unless you become born again and the curse is broken.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Reverend(m): 3:25pm On Apr 06, 2006
Sorry, I do not beleive in that bible mumbo Jumbo!

What relationship does a person having a blood transfusion have with the blood donor?
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Softee(f): 3:39pm On Apr 06, 2006
Reverend:

African men are to blame for the AIDS virus. It was them who performed sex on green monkeys. This unatural act with an animal is now being punished by God!

If anybody can stop this disease, it has to be God!

Was you there to witness the african men were having sex with monkeys?
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Reverend(m): 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2006
No, but I have seen the pictures on the news!

Poor green monkeys cry cry cry cry
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Fluffy(f): 4:14pm On Apr 06, 2006
Reverend:

Sorry, I do not beleive in that bible mumbo Jumbo!

What relationship does a person having a blood transfusion have with the blood donor?

I did not say the person having a blood transfusion and the blood donor need to have a relationship,
I was just simply telling you the way generational curses are passed on and aids itself is passed on.

And please do not blame African men for AIDS that is a very immature way to look at things, you should know better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Reason Why Pope Resigned-- Homosexual Network Among Priests / Strange Things Are Happening - End Of World In 2011? / A Sincere Letter To All Atheists On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.