Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,214 members, 7,780,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:37 PM

NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? (16996 Views)

PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. / No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / True Cost Of NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2012
of a truth, y can't the so-called 'rich people' come out and protest, y does it always have to be the 'common' man, lipsrsealed undecided
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by prefers555: 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
Everywhere in ogba is quiet like zombie is in town. Just heard about the killing in Ogba. What a shame, i guess the police know how to tell the masses they are our friends. So, so sad. cry
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by 2Mekus: 2:04pm On Jan 09, 2012
hot dead by Victor okafor DPO of pen cinema police
station @thomas
salako junction by abeokuta str. The
registration number of vehicle of policemen

RS101LA.

Get your facts right.  Victor Okafor has been posted away from Pen Cinema long before today.  The current DPO there who coordinated the killing is Segun Fabunmi
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Texther(m): 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2012
Burning of tyres @ Agbo Oba in Ilorin. No movement of vehicles there at all. Texther reporting from Unilorin Radio.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by sleekch1c(f): 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2012
Nothing happening here at awka.lectures were held at unizik like any other day.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by kels001: 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
jason123:

@Ogba

GOD WILL SURELY JUDGE!
why dont we also organise a campaign against police killings of innocent citizens, the picture above is worrying.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by frfrank(m): 2:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
Police station burnt down and prisoners released @ ppl area of ojo lagos
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2012
frfrank:

Police station burnt down and prisoners released @ ppl area of ojo lagos

do you mean it shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Akintola11(m): 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by ARareGem(f): 3:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
Protesters passed around 11am. Most people are at home. Markets are closed for the most part. Banks closed. PHCN left light for us o!-They've been trying in my area sha. I'm in Warri.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by martinosi: 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2012
IMF Head Christine Lagarde Told GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy!

Not a nice way to start the New Year in Nigeria -

Christine Lagarde [/b]the Head of the IMF pressurized President Johnathan Goodluck of Nigeria
and the Presidents of Guinea, Cameroon, Ghana and Chad to remove their fuel subsidies
so that the funds can be diverted to the Soveriegn Wealth Funds with the IMF/World Bank
told the countries to set up to be invested in Western Countries -

Nigerians are protesting on the street but the President Johnathan is just a puppet of
his mistress Christine Lagarde !!!

NIGERIA BEHOLD YOUR REAL LEADER -

Christine Lagarde

See us your Nigerian CBN Govornor & Other top Official are selling us Out!!!

Here is the proof of what is really happening and behind the riots
in Nigeria, Guinea, Cameroon, Ghana and Chad

[b]IMF Forces African Nations to Remove Fuel Subsidies

January, 1, 2012

NewsRescue- Joining Guinea, Cameroon, Ghana and Chad, Nigeria on New Years day removed fuel subsidies in accordance with an order from the IMF (International Monetary Fund). This created a jump in the price of automobile fuel from about 65 Naira per liter to 140Naira per liter overnight, Sunday. This brings fuel/gas prices in Nigeria to about the same price it is in the US, though lower than many European nations.

http://www.newsrescue.com/2012/01/imf-forces-african-nations-to-remove-fuel-subsidies/

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=28520

IMF Tells President Johnathan to divert Fuel Subsidy Fund to SWF!!!!
http://www.workersalternative.com/economy/118-ol
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by richy5(m): 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
ME and ma guyz dey fight ogogoro and groundnut here noni o
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by gokuu(m): 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2012
yes oooooo

Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by TheOne2(m): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2012
of a truth, y can't the so-called 'rich people' come out and protest, y does it always have to be the 'common' man

When the "rich" came out to protest the injustice of the Lekki toll road, you were all gloating when Fashola's thugs and police tear gassed them accusing them of not supporting "development". The "rich" know the "common man" do not wish them well.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by richy5(m): 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2012
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
undecided undecided undecided
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by chikis(m): 7:43am On Jan 10, 2012
Nothing been happen for Otukpo in the morning before but later in the afternoon, they come do one small protest.
Some Okada boys, some jobless youths, some illitrate and less informed youths and event the few learned ones gathered themself de protest. They been start from roundabout where dem dey been burn tire. From roundabout they park their self enter Ochidoma palace where the Ochìdoma (their Local Chief or King incharge of Idoma Nation) address them. From Ochidoma palace, They went to OcheOtukpo (another local chief in charge of Otukpo town) court yard to make known their grievances. From OcheOtukpo's court, they went round the streets and chanting protest songs as they marched through.
Another hapening to my dismay is that when I went to drink tea from meshai (Abokis) in the morning , I did not see any meshia around the street except only one that I saw that managed to muster courage and decided to be doing his meshia no matter what. The meshias, don't want to come out becuase of fear of reprisal attack from christians who felt hurt becuase of the killing in the north. There was a simillar reports where a trailer driver (Mallam) was stoped around the Otukpo Roundabout by protesters. The Mallam and the occupants in the lorry ran for their dear lives. The angry protesters use that opportunity to get into the lorry and loot some of the goats in the lorry.
Despite all these hapenings, that did not deter the few Okadas and filling Station that open for business from doing their business instead the situation on ground gave them a boost in their business.
Am reporting From Otukpo, Benue State.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by prodam(m): 11:19am On Jan 10, 2012
OKE-ODO TO TANKE

SIMPLE PROTEST (POLICE NOTIFIED AND OBSERVED)
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by PointB: 11:29am On Jan 10, 2012
In my hood, we are still trying to recall when we voted for NLC/TUC as our leaders and representatives. This is causing a lot debate among my folks. Hence we have decided to set up a committee to decide on the matter. One of the mandates of committee is to determine the probability and implication of granting and ad hoc power to the NLC and TUC goons. The committee have 14 working days to conclude their deliberation and submit their recommendation. Until then it is business as usual.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 10, 2012
LeoMax Reporting from VI; Everywhere is as calm as Aso Rock Villa with kids using their skate boards on their compounds and the sweethearts happy to have their partners @ home.  What happens in their bedrooms I dont know but I know am "protesting" on my GalaxyTab against Cabalocracy.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by CarlosVent(m): 11:30am On Jan 10, 2012
In awka anambra state. nothing like protest.

Petrol filling station selling fuel. Unizik students having lectures now as at 9am today 10th Jan 2011.

all roads and shop are open and every one trading including markets.
Hearing also that the Banks will be open here soon.

Called a friend at onitsha and nnewi and same thing applies.

other eastern states pls we need your report
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 10, 2012
PointB:

In my hood, we are still trying to recall when we voted for NLC/TUC as our leaders and representatives. This is causing a lot debate among my folks. Hence we have decided to set up a committee to decide on the matter. One of the mandates of committee is to determine the probability and implication of granting and ad hoc power to the NLC and TUC goons. The committee have 14 working days to conclude their deliberation and submit their recommendation. Until then it is business as usual.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 10, 2012
anything happening today? everything seem cool everywhere!

is this strike really happening apart from the fact that that we're all at home undecided undecided
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Emeka72(m): 11:50am On Jan 10, 2012
I've beem watching d sky nd I see no Aeroplane flying. The boys are playing ball, only few hawkers on d street, no PHCN at day except all tru d mid-night.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2012
Emeka 7.:

I've beem watching d sky nd I see no Aeroplane flying. The boys are playing ball, only few hawkers on d street, no PHCN at day except all tru d mid-night.

yeah, same here except no one's playing ball embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Emeka72(m): 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2012
Evrywhere is quiet right here in Ladi-lak, no moving vehicles at all.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2012
Emeka 7.:

Evrywhere is quiet right here in Ladi-lak, no moving vehicles at all.

i know ladi-lak, u can access it from palmgroove, right?

only private vehicles moving here undecided undecided undecided
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by librangyps(f): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2012
PHCN is doin great even before the strike began, At first I tot they myt join I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ on d strike, well whatever I thanks God for power, Ngozi and Sanusi ar both on AIT Ω̴̩̩̩̥ow justifying the removal of subsidy, I'm sitting on my bed wondering if ICAN cud postpone exam dates cos I cnt go for tutorials, Also wondering if I'll ever graduate, Ojo is calm, Foodstuff is expensive as hell, everywer is dry, ₪☺ kids or adults about my street, keeping up with the protests here on Nairaland whilst studying, God help us
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2012
^^^ wish u goodluck in ur ICAN. this strike is a chance to catch up and prepare.

THIS STRIKE IS BECOMING SOOOOOOO BORING sad sad sad
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by born2boink(m): 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2012
I thank God for strike at least that would make me escape the test on Wednesday, Thank God for NLC
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Dyt(f): 1:51pm On Jan 10, 2012
Rd block at OYEBANJI junctn at ADENIJI ADELE lag island
dey r divertin every car on dat rd 2 go back
dey v wit dem a police bus movin arnd wit dem
quite impressin
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by librangyps(f): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2012
@Otooro, thanks smiley I'm doin just that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

April 11 Governorship Election: Gunmen Kill 9 In Rivers State / Edo 2016: Obaseki Campaings In Atlanta & New York, USA(pics) / Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.