Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead (7687 Views)

Photo Of The Nigerian Diplomat Equatorial Guinea Police Beat Up Mercilessly / Guinnea-bissau Military: 6 Killed In Failed Coup / Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by mashnino(m): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2012

Guinea-Bissau's President Malam Bacai Sanha has died in hospital in Paris, national radio reports.

The 64-year-old, who became president in 2009, had travelled to France for medical treatment in late November after being taken seriously ill.

The nature of his illness has not been made public but he was known to suffer from diabetes.

Mr Sanha had initially been treated in intensive care in a hospital in neighbouring Senegal.

He died at the Val de Grace military hospital in the French capital.

The president had frequently been hospitalised abroad since becoming Guinea-Bissau's leader. His predecessor as president, Joao Bernardo Vieira, was assassinated by mutinous soldiers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16473457

PROF WOLE SOYINKA
Guinea Bissau's President Malam Bacai Sanha is Dead #BreakingNews

Prof wole soyinka just tweeted it,

get more info abeg

http://www.nairation.com
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by martinosi: 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2012
They Removed the fuel subsidy in that country also on Jan 1st 2012

Nawaoo!!! Last year January 2011 was North African Wahala!!!

This Year January 2012 is West African Wahala!!!,

All those who were asking for revolution & upheaval, are you happy now?
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by VoodooDoll(m): 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
That Prof Wole Soyinka account is not Wole Soyinka. It is a parody account set up by someone else.
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2012
The country was already taken over by Coup, RIP old boy,
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by slap1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
^^
Do you have the original version?
@topic. . . RIP for real, or in advance.
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by teaf: 4:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
Jonathan is next.
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by fred2265: 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2012
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
martinosi:

They Removed the fuel subsidy in that country also on Jan 1st 2012

Nawaoo!!! Last year January 2011 was North African Wahala!!!

This Year January 2012 is West African Wahala!!!,

All those who were asking for revolution & upheaval, are you happy now?

Bull-shiit.What is the big deal if a president dies ? Abeg death should come and take jonathan asap !
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
teaf:

Jonathan is next.
You can go and kill him if he refuse to die,bloody murderer like you.
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by freecocoa(f): 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2012
May his soul RIP. Wonder what I'll say if it were GEJ.
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by seunlayi(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2012
May my president live long to reap the reward of this subsidy removal. it really favor us and we will all say kudos to him and if it fails us = we simply vote pdp out of office and we will probe them
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by slap1(m): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2012
GEJ will not die soon, his death will put the country in a bigger problem.
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by onyengbu: 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
freecocoa:

Do you also wish GEJ death?

You guys should pray nothing happens to that guy cos if anything happens to GEJ, Nigeria as you know it now will go up in flames!
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by Zi: 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2012
What killed him?
Blood Pressure (stress)? Bomb blast? Too much (1billion)kiss food? Too much money?

Who killed him? Protesters? BH? :-x Bad wife? Bad advicers?

RIP, all d same, sir (if it is true)
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by Pennywise(m): 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2012
It seems all the curse and swearing arising from Nigeria today may have gone wayyyy beyond target.

Jonathan can be rest assured that the next barrage will be smart and GPS enabled.

I am in touch with my pple back home. Lets wait and see
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Do you also wish GEJ death?

You guys should pray nothing happens to that guy cos if anything happens to GEJ, Nigeria as you know it now will go up in flames!
slap1:

Says who ? Did Nigeria go in flames when yardua die ?
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by iyes(m): 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
What a shame for the nation, that their president should die in foreign hospitals!

When are African leaders going to start doing the right thing? That country is not smaller than Cuba both in land mass and population as well as natural resources. They could have built at least one world class medical facility that can treat the president. If Cuba is renowned for their world class medical facilities, why not Guinea Bissau? I'm sure if you check his foreign bank account, you will find money enough to buy that Paris hospital.
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by rabzy01: 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
slap1:

I beg, keep your mouth shut.Which bigger problem? Let the shoeless fisherman die now. He deserves to go for good.
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by rabzy01: 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
RIP Malam Sanha
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by Volunteer: 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2012
Abegi! What happened when Abacha died? Even Abiola died and we still dey kampe. If anybody elects to kick a bucket, nothing will happen. People will cry and mourn, the rest will be 6 feet.
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by prodam(m): 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2012
signs of the end of a world and the beginning of another
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by LEXYLOV: 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
President Sahna was a good man. I was in that country last year September, The Guinea Bissau people talk more good about him the most important things he did for his people was electricity which at that time at rapid circulation, and some of very considerable development in that country within a short period of time in office. eg. The first street light open from Vieira aeroporto to town center about 15km long, and the road was reconstructed to the modern standard with traffic lights and pedestrian. Also Just build a new world class national assemble building which at almost completed by that time i was there. That country has nothing called natural resources except cashew export and some fishes, and despite witnesses many civil unrest there, the citizens are still happy people today and love foreigners most. Anyway RIP to him. But please don't wish other dead because only God give life and has the right to take it whenever he wish.
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by onyengbu: 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2012
Volunteer:

Abegi! What happened when Abacha died? Even Abiola died and we still dey kampe. If anybody elects to kick a bucket, nothing will happen. People will cry and mourn, the rest will be 6 feet.
none of those u mentioned is GEJ and considering current political weather in nigeria, the last thing any sensible or peace loving nigerian will wish is that GEJ dies especially unnaturally.
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by Russialane(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
next?
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by kizito96(m): 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2012
Has any body been told which of the foreign banks he laundered the Country's wealth?
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by Roland17(m): 8:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
Overtime history has proven that no one is above his nation, no one man's death would kill a nation, Abacha, Abiola, Aguyi-Ironsi, Murtala Mohammed, Yar Adua all died during sensitive and more precarious situations in Nigeria and the Nation moved on, so if GEJ sleeps and does not wake up, we would move on to the next thief,   angry angry angry

Millions are dying everyday owing to his laxity, why has the nation not crumbled? i guess because the sacrificed Nigerians don't hold exalted positions?
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by igbo2011(m): 9:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
What were his policies? Was he a good leader or a puppet?
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
Its like one has to be ugly to be a president in most of the Africa countries. grin grin grin
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by 1025: 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2012
that is a good news. our african leaders are so silly that their deaths will bring joy to the citizens.
if the same death will come to our country, we will appreciate it since it is presidents' deaths. we are waiting
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by rabzy01: 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

none of those u mentioned is GEJ and considering current political weather in nigeria, the last thing any sensible or peace loving nigerian will wish is that GEJ dies especially unnaturally.
WHY Is this clueless better than them or is it becouse he is a militant? Abegi!!! let the M0Mu pass on anyhow.
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by skullbaba: 11:39pm On Jan 09, 2012
iyes:

What a shame for the nation, that their president should die in foreign hospitals!

When are African leaders going to start doing the right thing? That country is not smaller than Cuba both in land mass and population as well as natural resources. They could have built at least one world class medical facility that can treat the president. If Cuba is renowned for their world class medical facilities, why not Guinea Bissau? I'm sure if you check his foreign bank account, you will find money enough to buy that Paris hospital.
good thinking
Roland17:

Overtime history has proven that no one is above his nation, no one man's death would kill a nation, Abacha, Abiola, Aguyi-Ironsi, Murtala Mohammed, Yar Adua all died during sensitive and more precarious situations in Nigeria and the Nation moved on, so if GEJ sleeps and does not wake up, we would move on to the next thief,   angry angry angry

Millions are dying everyday owing to his laxity, why has the nation not crumbled? i guess because the sacrificed Nigerians don't hold exalted positions?
enough is a enough let move with the right leader
1025:

that is a good news. our african leaders are so silly that their deaths will bring joy to the citizens.
if the same death will come to our country, we will appreciate it since it is presidents' deaths. we are waiting
i dey your back gidigba
Re: Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead by Chnges(m): 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
freecocoa:

freecocoa calling you a f00l is not and can never be an understatement. Look at you! Chicken-minded slowpoke.I could remember when i posted a similar post as d above and you said all sort of disgrunted word just to prove me wrong which i later accepted, now u're showing off crystall dumbness . This is fallacy! And i warn you! quote/reply my comments no more. I've warned u, i'll be the one to Trash yhu!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

East Africa Updates.Clearing somalia of Elshabaab militia / American Soldiers Molesting Iraqi Woman (pictures) / President Donald Trump Pleads Not Guilty In Georgia Election Racketeering Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.