Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

How To Write Or Becoming An Author Without The Knowledge Of Literature - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Write Or Becoming An Author Without The Knowledge Of Literature (1585 Views)

Lovers Of Literature. Do You Remember this Poem?:NIGHT FALL IN SOWETO / Loss File Of Literature Section. / What You Must Know As A Writer Or As A Student Of Literature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write Or Becoming An Author Without The Knowledge Of Literature by Dstar4u(m): 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2012
Gud day writers, i love writing, i write stories a lot but don't knw how to develop it to become people's need nd dnt ve enough idea of writing, because of my academic background. I am a science student in high school nd now studyin mech eng. in higher institution. I love writing, nd wud love to become a writer but don't know how to go about. So, any advice may be i can still make as a writer or not nd which aspect of writing. Tanx
Re: How To Write Or Becoming An Author Without The Knowledge Of Literature by slap1(m): 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
Attend creative writing workshops if you have the time. You can also help yourself by reading textbooks or manuals on creative writing, you can look up William Zinsser's On Writing Well. Great book. Goodluck.
Re: How To Write Or Becoming An Author Without The Knowledge Of Literature by MyneWhite1(f): 9:57pm On Jan 09, 2012
Read books on creative writing, and books on English language and grammar.

Just as important, read books, all kinds of books - Novels, biographies, etc
Re: How To Write Or Becoming An Author Without The Knowledge Of Literature by Dstar4u(m): 4:12am On Jan 10, 2012
A big kudos to you, more is expecting frm d house
Re: How To Write Or Becoming An Author Without The Knowledge Of Literature by knowledge4(m): 11:03am On Feb 07, 2012
Set up a free blog and start using it to write.
With time you will become proficient
Set it up and write on any topic you know well
There is no magic formular
The formular is : Write, Write, Write.
Carry a Pad/Jotter and Pen about to jot down any ideas that comes to your mind
For an article writing package that can guide you, mail wealth4sure@rocketmail.com
Re: How To Write Or Becoming An Author Without The Knowledge Of Literature by collinsfbi(m): 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2012
Gud day writers, i love writing, i write stories a lot but don't knw how to develop it to become people's need nd dnt ve enough idea of writing, because of my academic background. I am a science student in high school nd now studyin mech eng. in higher institution. I love writing, nd wud love to become a writer but don't know how to go about. So, any advice may be i can still make as a writer or not nd which aspect of writing. Tanx

Writing has different facets, believe me anybody can write and anybody can flow with words, grammars and ideas but it takes quality choice of word (diction), quality sequence of arrangement of events (plot), quality inductive and deductive reasoning and many quality terms to be prolific in writing. Sometimes, academic background is not the basis for writing but many scholars from the faculty of arts tend to be prolific in writing than their counterparts from other disciplines. As earlier advised, attend creative writing workshops, study some basic literary writing concepts, be familiar with various literary terms and their appropriate usage, study previous works, styles of prolific writers and authors on the aspect of writing you wish to write on, then work hard to justify your work. I hope this helps?
Re: How To Write Or Becoming An Author Without The Knowledge Of Literature by drerhumu: 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2012
Read lots of books, you can then follow some styles used by authors. I also read sciences ( i am a doctor) but while in school i developed an interest and also studied literature. I follow the writing of Agatha Christie and have a blog http://drerhumu..com/
Re: How To Write Or Becoming An Author Without The Knowledge Of Literature by eprynce(m): 1:54pm On Feb 23, 2012
Do You Have a Knack For Writing?
If you answered YES to the above question,
Then you should know that writing can be a great pleasure.

NOW you can GET PAID for what you so love!
Earn as much as N2,000.00 (two thousand naira) for each article you write!

You don’t need to be physically present, no need for an office!
You don’t even need to be a professional writer!
You can also do this as past time while you earn good money.
Very good for students and undergraduates

Email your full names and location along with a copy of a sample UNIQUE write up by you
To:
uniquecontentwriters@gmail.com

PLAGIARISM is highly prohibited and COPIED WORK will NOT BE CONSIDERED
Re: How To Write Or Becoming An Author Without The Knowledge Of Literature by tpia1: 12:19am On Jun 30, 2014
read, observe, and check most of the previous posts on this thread, they all have tips that you can use.

(1) (Reply)

Wow.......one Awful Experience I Had With The Atm In Dis Country / ‘Your Problem Is Ignorance': Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls / A Lesson Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.