Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,010 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (21387 Views)

Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / These Are Four Key Factors That Will Determine Buhari's Success Or Failure / Nine Indices That Determine Political Success Or Failure In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by LogicMind: 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
My opinion is that it is a big fail.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by smile11s(m): 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
Yes o my brother

It is a big fail

The whole world don't even report it

Cuz they know what GEJ is doing is right

Is just that Nigerians can be an arrse sometimes
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Adanora: 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2012
Its a big failure. Shame on Labour and supporters of d protest
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Obiagu1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 09, 2012
Epic failure!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by smile11s(m): 6:55pm On Jan 09, 2012
Nigeria must remain happy people that wants change. And that is what GEJ is offering us

For the future, we must support GEJ

There is no instant change

It is gradual

Even the USA passed thru the Great Depression
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by MrGlobe(m): 7:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
^
lol at the beafs, abattis and makus of this world consoling theirselves. Cnn reported it, curfew in kano, nigeria locked down,massive turnout and you say its a failure.
Continues tommorrow btw
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by afrobaby(f): 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
who are dese mumu saying rubbish, who says its a failure, then , u must either be blind or dont know what a protest is, we dont need the whole world to report it cos badluck didnt tell us the subsidy was removed via d whole world, if it is only nigera stations that are showing it, we are ok. ode oshi
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Alleluya: 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2012
CAPITAL FAILURE ! big shame to NLC and TUC who have been sponsored by otedola, adenuga, dantata et al. God bless GEJ !
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Beaf: 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
Mr. Globe:

^
lol at the beafs, abattis and makus of this world consoling theirselves. Cnn reported it, curfew in kano, nigeria locked down,massive turnout and you say its a failure.
Continues tommorrow btw

[size=33pt]FAIL! FAILURE![/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Abagworo(m): 8:57pm On Jan 09, 2012
The strike was a success in Port Harcourt. I feel the actual impact will start by friday when all cash and fuel will be exhausted. There was no flight today and imagine if it continues till friday.

A revolution is seriously smelling.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Lasinoh: 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
The vote is unanimous.
A capital failure. . . hunger will soon drive those protesting urchins back into their homes. . .after destroying THEIR own communities.

God bless my sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet America. kiss

1 Like

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by dustydee: 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
Lasinoh:

The vote is unanimous.
A capital failure. . . hunger will soon drive those protesting urchins back into their homes. . .after destroying THEIR own communities.

God bless my sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet America. kiss
You are every where these days, did you just discover Nairaland?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by PointB: 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2012
What protest are we talking about? Are we referring to the extended weekend?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by OAM4J: 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
IMO any strike that shuts down Lagos, Kano, and Abuja is a success.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Remii(m): 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
The whole country is grounded yet some die hard govt supporters are writing here that this is a failure grin, let's wait for more days before you can conclude.  As for today, it is huge success.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Lasinoh: 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
dustydee:

You are every where these days, did you just discover Nairaland?

I believe I already replied you here. kiss

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-837838.0.html

You dunno 'God is efrywhia'? wink wink wink
So are my OmoseXXXXylicious eyes. kiss
I still kick arzzzzes till they DISAPPEAR. cool

Lasinoh:

Actually no. wink
My fifth anniverary on NL will be in June.

Check out my biggest accomplishments. grin

My posting pattern or cyber personality has not changed. kiss
ALWAYS HAPPY. . . NEVER, NEVER, NEVER MISEARABLE. cool TOO SUPER BLESSED IN SHORT. cool
. . . I still kick the arzzes of 'the blackie wor-wor, skanky skins"! cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=96820

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=117454

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=138986
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by aljharem(m): 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
Obiagu1:

Epic failure!

How would you know it is a failure, did you experience the strike ?

I though the SE never went on strike thus we don't expect you people to feel it.

YOU PEOPLE ARE ENEMIES OF PROGRESS

smile11s:

Nigeria must remain happy people that wants change. And that is what GEJ is offering us

For the future, we must support GEJ

There is no instant change

It is gradual

Even the USA passed thru the Great Depression

You must be capital M.U.M.U

The same  USA that told you people to remove subsidy while their mimmum wage is 200,000 naira when compared to Nigeria of 18,000 naira

Na wa ooo we indeed have cow brains in Nigeria

what a shame
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by smile11s(m): 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2012
NLC will be regretting now!

NLC must apologize to Nigerians

Fresh Air
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by aljharem(m): 9:19pm On Jan 09, 2012
smile11s:

NLC will be regretting now!

NLC must apologize to Nigerians

Fresh Air

Regretting what ?

for demanding for accountability and openness with the figures from the FG ?

is that not everybody's right ?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by smile11s(m): 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2012
Pastor Tunde Bakare asked protesters to sleep on the grass at Gani Fawehinmi Park for "as many days as possible." And then he went home. Lolzzz! He went to occupy his bed.

foo.lish people
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by smile11s(m): 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2012
What accountability and openness do you need?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by cashmentor(m): 9:23pm On Jan 09, 2012
By Friday Evenin; Tell me it was a Fatal Failure or a Resounding Success?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by aljharem(m): 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2012
smile11s:

What accountability and openness do you need?

You see, you don't even know what the protest was about and you are here calling it a failure and shouting fresh air

bigotry is really killing Nigeria

Ok explain how 200 billion from yaradua subsidy jumped to 1.3 trillion during GEJ ?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by mactonnyso: 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2012
This one has failed. the only protest that will work is against BH and their supporters.
if some people feel that their tribes men/women have not been represented well in this current govt. wait till 2015
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by tjtough: 9:29pm On Jan 09, 2012
a very big success,government knows it unless they want to pretend
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by otokx(m): 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2012
spectacular success, BBC, Aljazeera, AIT, silverbird to mention a few stations carried live protest feeds. Tommorrow we match again until the walls of Jericho fall down flat.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by aljharem(m): 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2012
[size=14pt]A very Big success !!!![/size]

Now the level of the success depends if the FG listens to us or not
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
i can note that some people have eyes but dey cannot see, they have ears but dey cannot ear!!!!!!!! how can u call that protest a failure shocked
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by pingpong1: 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2012
Your GEJ said it will take months and years to feel the effect of subsidy removal and you are here assessing the impact of the protests in just a day. LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by smile11s(m): 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
I hope NLC wunt let u down because they will seriously put pple in a difcult situation as the masses are lookin up to them. where are our leaders,our former presidents,our traditional and religious leaders? why hav they abandoned u to the faith most of them dragged u into? we demand u com out and stand wit us! we demand!!! we demand and we command!!!come out right now and stand wit us!

lolollz
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by tEsLim(m): 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
The protest is a successful one. And may gather more momentum daily. Though on the other hand things may really fall apart.

People supporting the subsidy removal are either gaining from it or just stupid to trust the government again. Even knowing that the subsidy removal was insisted by the IMF.

http://nilebowie..com/2012/01/lagos-dissents-under-imf-hegemony.html
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Fhemmmy: 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
With flights being grounded in Europe and prevented from going into Nigeria . . .  I am sure we could conclude from that if it was a success or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2023: Why Zoning May Not Work In APC – Ganduje / IPOB Is Finished – Asari Dokubo Mocks Nnamdi Kanu / Nigerians Criticize Peter Obi Over El-Rufai's 2014 Detainment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.