Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Fried Meat Recipe Help Please! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fried Meat Recipe Help Please! (6606 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / How To Preserve Fried Meat / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fried Meat Recipe Help Please! by LogicMind: 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
Can someone please tell me how to prepare nigerian fried meat. The type you see at beer parlours with tooth picks attached to them.

Many thanks in advance.
Re: Fried Meat Recipe Help Please! by MissyB3(f): 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2012
Not so different from how you normally prepare meat.

Cut meat into desired pieces/sizes, boil with desired ingredients(onions, maggi, curry, thyme etc) until meat is done. If you wish to make the meat pepperish, blend pepper and add to the boiling meat.
Make sure the meat absorbs the broth until it's almost dry.
Heat oil in a large pan and lightly stir-fry till meat starts to brown.
Place absorbent paper on a flat plate and put the meat on it so as to absorb oil from the meat.

Impale each meat with toothpicks/impale on skewers (whichever you prefer), you may garnish with tomatoes and onions. Serve with cold malt. cheesy

Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Fried Meat Recipe Help Please! by LogicMind: 1:48pm On Jan 10, 2012
Thanks MissyB
Please forgive my ignorance

Few more clarifications please.

Is there a particular type of meat?
How long do you cook the meat for? Well cooked or half cooked?

So it's stir fry, not deep fry?
Re: Fried Meat Recipe Help Please! by MissyB3(f): 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2012
Logic Mind:

Is there a particular type of meat?
You can actually use any type of meat. Beef is great . . .So is gizzard.

Logic Mind:

How long do you cook the meat for? Well cooked or half cooked?
I deliberately did not indicate duration, as this depends on how you like your meat cooked. I'd say well cooked.

Logic Mind:

So it's stir fry, not deep fry?
Stir-fry. If you decide to deep fry, it's still fine.

There's another method, but that's not how the fried meat sold in beer parlors is made (at least, for all I know)
This - http://4.bp..com/_fUB2wCHK-d4/S95IO25Q2hI/AAAAAAAABY8/w9zIlw-3aJc/s400/stick+meat+in+fried+stew.JPG

[img]http://4.bp..com/_fUB2wCHK-d4/S95IO25Q2hI/AAAAAAAABY8/w9zIlw-3aJc/s400/stick+meat+in+fried+stew.JPG[/img]

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Kunnu!! / New Discovery: Natural Cure For Diabetes, Hypertension, Arthritis, Heart Disease / Name Something Your Craving ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.