Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election (3279 Views)

Court Dismisses Udom Emmanuel’s Appeal, Voids Poll In 18 LGAs / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by wiseguy(m): 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2006
Hello ALL, news just came in from Enugu that the appeal court has voided the election of Gov. Chris Ngige of Anambra State. Many of us expect the verdict to go this way. But do you believe Ngige lost because he did not win the election or because he fell out of favour with Aso rock? Do you think it would have been different if Ngigie is OBJ's boy like Odili of Rivers state whether he won the election or not? And where on earth are the Chris Uba's that confessed rigging the election? Let's have your say!
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Karl: 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2006
I think he shot himself in the leg by confessin in company of bro Uba to Baba all that happened just b4 the election he just has to go.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by opegar(m): 5:44pm On Mar 15, 2006
Ngige's ouster is another proof that there is a major purging actn going on in our political landscape. The game is getting more interesting as we inch towards d end(or another begining?!) Of dis dispensatn. Happy viewing
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by larger20(m): 12:26am On Mar 16, 2006
Peter OBI is now the governor of anambra state. Ngige is out ,

http://odili.net/news/source/2006/mar/15/100.html

Justice has prevailed. I thin there is some level of transperence in our government. It is not really as bad as it used to be. Go nigerians!
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Grizzly(m): 2:47am On Mar 16, 2006
Shooo, na today?
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by larger20(m): 3:05am On Mar 16, 2006
Yes today! You should see it in the newspaper tomorrow!
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by larger20(m): 3:05am On Mar 16, 2006
Also watch the NTA news tonight at 9
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by demmy(m): 4:08am On Mar 16, 2006
But will Ngige obey the court's ruling?
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Seun(m): 5:00am On Mar 16, 2006
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Chxta(m): 8:13am On Mar 16, 2006
May you live in interesting times, Old Chinese curse
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by twinstaiye(m): 10:57am On Mar 16, 2006
You know what always pain me most and disturbing is that, some people will now come out and say, the judiciary is working and justice had prevailed. While in all sincerity we all know that, it was because Ngige who had been having a running battle with Ubah, OBJ, Police and PDP for a long time had no hiding place. This is a rape of democracy and of course a rape of justice. Neither of the party to the whole saga did well, but Ngige is fair in all the scenarios because he was rigged into government house but refused to loot the treasury not minding a head on collision with his Godfather. In the whole saga though, I think it was the public that won, because had it not been that Ngige refused to dance to the tune of his godfather by siphoning government money to him, the public would have lost again. I hate politics with a passion. See what I mean.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by otokx(m): 11:44am On Mar 16, 2006
its so sad to see what happens in this country; you dare not raise a finger against the men in power or you'll be burnt. Mr. Peter Obi is a beneficiary of the disagreement between Ngige and the PDP.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by sil(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2006
The Court of Appeal, Enugu on Wednesday, annulled the election of Governor Chris Nwabueze Ngige of Anambra State, declaring that he was erroneously declared winner by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the April 19, 2003 election.
And the PETER OBI of the APGA is on sit for the seek of CHRIS UBA (de last don).
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Akolawole(m): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2006
No way,
Its not a matter of Ngige fall out with Abuja.

Its good for our democracy, we all know its rigging from day one. Anyday APGA, will win all the elections in Anambra.

Our Judiciary is not completely rubbish.

Recall court's favour of AD candidate in Ibarapa despite PDP onslaught. Similarly that God-fearing Judge who hands off in Ige/Omisore case in Ibadan.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by twinstaiye(m): 1:08pm On Mar 16, 2006
Akolawole:

No way,
Its not a matter of Ngige fall out with Abuja.

Its good for our democracy, we all know its rigging from day one. Anyday APGA, will win all the elections in Anambra.

Our Judiciary is not completely rubbish.

Recall court's favour of AD candidate in Ibarapa despite PDP onslaught. Similarly that God-fearing Judge who hands off in Ige/Omisore case in Ibadan.
That is the song I hate to listen to - good for our democracy? as if there is no scheming about the whole thing. One thing is quite sure, it has never happen in the history of democracy in Nigeria that a governor duly sworn in is later remove from office by an election tribunal except this Ngige's debacle and that is after a series of fruitless different trials to boot him out of office. How come his own is the first - because he is at logger heads with the power that be? All others rigged the election, how come his was singled out?
Your judiciary is not completely rubbish? how come the NBA are in court boycott? because government do not respect court verdict except of course those that they agreed with? It is not the democracy that won, it is the triumph of the people, and to say it is just starting.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by demmy(m): 2:05pm On Mar 16, 2006
C'mon people this has nothing to do with Obasanjo and his ongoing feud with Ngige. May I remind you that the election tribunal had earlier made the same ruling and Ngige was only able to stay on in office because he AND INEC appealed that decision.

And did you all read the judges' scathing verdict on INEC? superb.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Missworld(f): 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2006
I need people who can reason! I'm from Anambra and I must say that Ngige is one of the best governor anambra has ever had.
All this governors including Mr President use power and corruption to gain their postion and yet they have failed to be the good leaders they have all vowed to be.
Ngiged rigged his way through the post just like the rest of them but the only difference is that he is doing his job faithfully.
Someone mentioned Justice". Since I was born in Nigeria, I had never seem justice in that country and I'm certainly not hoping for one now and in this case.
If an intelect fail to see that this is dirty politics then the intelligence is in question.

Once again they are simply getting rid of politicians that won't support the president. No one obeys all the written documents that Nigeria claim to have. Even the Constitution has been overpowered by the degree of corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by toshmann(m): 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2006
ngige has been removed from office and some people are shouting good for democracy.if his removal is b/c he rigged then it is good for democracy.but we all know why he has been removed. sad .nigeria stinks. i'm sorry to say this but NIGERIA STINKS. where in God's name is fairness, what about the other pdp govs. who rigged elections. where in 2003 was the election not rigged. again the people's wishes have been overturned.when the bubble will burst in that f--ked up country, it will fall with a great thud. i wont be there then. angry
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by toshmann(m): 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2006
ngige is going with pride. for an unpopular candidate who was rigged in to turn around and become a hero is a rare piece of

greatness. he has the respect of anambrarians and that is worth more than the stinking millions of illiterate uba. forever.

FORZA NGIGE

NMELI DILI GI RUE MGBE EBIGHEBI
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Mazi(m): 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2006
@Missworld,

Too bad you have never experienced justice all your life so far in Naija. I have, and I believe there are many other Nigerians who have too. On Ngige's performance; I'll rate him above Average. He did the best he could, based on the circumstances that brought him to power.

But the fact remains that he came into power by rigging, hence the end does not justify the means. Only corrupt people like Chris Uba think that way.

He that cometh into a house from the back is a thief and a robber.

The rightfull winner has been declared winner, let's all thank the Judiciary for doing the right thing, and giving Nigerians Hope.

@Toshman,

Nigeria does'nt stink, you stink! angry

Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by wiseguy(m): 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2006
To my thinking, I really believe its the triumph of the people not democracy. When the elction tribunal voided the election of Boni Haruna of Adamawa, we all know what happened. Even the judge that delivered the ruling then was called unprintable names by the presidency and PDP and ofcourse the Appeal court returned Boni Haruna. That was when things was a bit rosy between Baba and his deputy (I know it wont happen now). And come to think of it, how come PDP won almost all the seats in the Anambra state Assembly and even won the Presidential election and APGA was able to win just the Governorship. My thinking again is that if APGA won the Governorship then they couldn't have lost so much in the Presidential and other elections in the state. That then means that OBJ and other PDP candidates in the 2003 elections in Anambra state are  also beneficiaries of the rigging in Anambra State and OBJ's election, just like Gani said , is suspect.

Another issue, Chris Uba confessed to rigging this election and was expelled with Ngige from PDP but was later readmitted and made a member of the board of trustees of the party while Ngige was left in the cold even when his expulsion was nullified by the court. Maurice Iwu, who was nominated by Uba took over INEC and immediately made a voltface and asked the court to nullify the entire election contrary to the position that INEC canvassed in the tribunal before he took over.

And my conclusion is, if Ngige is in the good books of Aso rock, this would never have happened and let us remember that Ngige himself has publicly denounced OBJ's third term ambition. So, to me democracy has lost once more but the people won.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by demmy(m): 5:18pm On Mar 16, 2006
what about the other pdp govs

What about their political opponents? Did they act? It was Peter Obi who took Ngige to court remember?

Nigerians!!! chei!!! No matter what Nigerians' awkward way of reasoning with penchant for obfuscation always creeping in.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Missworld(f): 7:59pm On Mar 16, 2006
@Mazi, it's a good thing that I mentioned "people who can reason" so, next!
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by menike(m): 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2006
How do a court pass a judgement after the present Govt have worked for the ppl for more than 2yrs ?, Severed the ppl wonderfully, built roads , established schools etc.

Nigeria we need to get our acts together .
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by larger20(m): 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2006
the sad thing is that obi will not be in office for a long time.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Idekeson(m): 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2006
Nobody should be naive to think that suddenly, our system of justice is now working. The problem, which still remains, is that our system of government revolves around Aso rock. If you're in the good books of Aso rock, you stay. If not, you're out. Ngige's time at the government had been ticking since he disagreed with the powers that anointed him. He survived this long because Chris Uba bungled the plan to outs him, creating an unnecessary image problem for Obasanjo. Only in Nigeria will you see members of a political party expressing gratitude that justice has been done in removing their governor from power.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2006
bye bye to [b]RIG[/b]inge! At long last Babacracy is at work. Those not in the good books of 'Baba' are going one by one.
Welcome to Uganda and Zimbabwe!

Davidylan is determined to give his kids the best legacy of life; education? shocked

The best legacy is a Foreign (American or EU) passport! Chikena!
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Mariory(m): 12:19am On Mar 17, 2006
If the court had found in favour of Ngige (someone who opeanly admitted to rigging elections), everyone would say our justice system doesn't work. The court found in favour of the true winner and people still complain our Justice system doesn't work.

You just can't win with some people. Sheesh!
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 17, 2006
Mariory:

If the court had found in favour of Ngige (someone who opeanly admitted to rigging elections), everyone would say our justice system doesn't work. The court found in favour of the true winner and people still complain our Justice system doesn't work.

You just can't win with some people. Sheesh!

Do you read the news at all? Is Anambra the only state where elections where rigged? why has it taken 34 months for the courts to determine the true winner of the State elections? Can you justify a situation where over 90% of seats in the Anambra assembly where won by PDP and the governorship only by APGA?

What of Ogun State, Rivers state, Lagos state where Baba claimed those who rigged the elections had come to apologise to him?

don't let these pple pull the wool over your eyes, what we are seeing is not democracy at work but Baba's ability to remove his enemies when he pleases!

Chikena!

Davidylan maintains that an EU or North American passport is the best legacy you can give your children!
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by wiseguy(m): 8:28am On Mar 17, 2006
Hey guys,
I feel this editorial is a sound analysis of the situation. It was written by Reuben Abati of the Guardian.
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/editorial_opinion/article02
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by ono(m): 11:24am On Mar 17, 2006
Davidylan,
You're my man o!! Anyday, I dey with you jare. Leave all these people, them no know wetin dey.

OBJ is a very crafty man. I pray my paths never cross his own and his children after him. I just don't trust the man with anything.
What happened at the Courts at Enugu was the result of OBJ's invisible hands. Granted Ngige did not win the governorship election of Anambra, but why on earth did it have to take so long for the judiciary and INEC to reach a conclusion on this?

OBJ's coming to power in 2003 was through rigging. Buhari has challenged him up to the Supreme courts level. But OBJ is the invisible hands that frustrated that man efforts.

@wiseguy, Abati's my mentor.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by holyghost(m): 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2006
to me Ngige is a hero and should be seen as one
my points?

he has to play along to get the power from the Chris Uba and the 40 thieves, abi na 41 thieves self

2 he proved that, by not agreeing to their request for the state valult to be open and devoured to satisfy their voracious, wanting, insatiable hunger for money more money more money even in grave they still need more money

3. He play his role as a true governor as he developed the state to the best of his ability as there are better project and plans now than ever

4 He confessed long ago that this was a stolen mandate but he will not work for the thieves but for the just.

6 Obi has never been target by Ngige for elimination as an opposition ala abacha and obj. style

5 he accepted the judgment of the highest court of the land and went ahead to welcome in the real governor.

7 if thieves will be like Ngige then we want them in government rather than those who claimed saints but only turn out to be ALI BABA and The 40 thieves

pls add to this list

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Can Never Be Peace In Nigeria Until. . . / Yoruba Offshore Oil Bloc, That Will Sustain Odua Republic. Niger Delta Dont Ever / Imo State List Of Newly Sworn In Commissioners Since The Dissolved Exco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.