Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Beyonce & Jay-z's Security Kept Other Parents From Seeing Their Newborns - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce & Jay-z's Security Kept Other Parents From Seeing Their Newborns (1400 Views)

Ice Prince Hangs With Bill Gates, Michelle Obama, Beyonce, Jay Z & More In NYC / Funny Or Scary? See Photos Of Newborns And Toddlers Who Look Like Grumpy Old Men / Genevieve Moves Her Parents From Egbeda To Lekki New Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce & Jay-z's Security Kept Other Parents From Seeing Their Newborns by Sicherheit(m): 3:14am On Jan 10, 2012
I don't normally comment about celebrity and how they live their life but this people have turned themselves to gods, is it not the same way she carried her baby other women carried their own? Just because they are rich does not make their own child more special than the other children. undecided

Beyonce & Jay-Z's Security Kept Other Parents From Seeing Their Newborns At NYC Hospital

While Beyonce and Jay-Z were welcoming new daughter Blue Ivy into the world Saturday night, the couple's bodyguards were keeping other parents from seeing their own newborns at New York's Lenox Hill Hospital, according to a report in the Daily News.

Beyonce delivered her baby girl via a scheduled Caesarean section on the sixth floor of the building, where the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) just happens to be located; and where Brooklyn resident Neil Coulon's newborn premature twin girls were being kept for observation. Coulon says he had to jump through hoops just to see his daughters because of the stars' security team.

"Three times they stopped me from entering or exiting the NICU and it happened once on Friday," Coulon tells the News, "Just because they wanted to use the hallway."

Coulon also explained to New York Post that when he did get a chance to see his girls, it wasn't on his own terms.

"They locked us into the NICU and would say, 'You can't come out to the hallway for the next 20 minutes. "When I finally was able to go back out, I went to the waiting room and they'd ushered my family downstairs."

A hospital spokesperson speaking on condition of anonymity says the high-profile couple - well-known for their privacy and who are rarely photographed together - spent $1.3 million to have the entire floor to themselves and were accompanied by an entourage of bodyguards.

She tells the Daily News, "Some people were upset. I heard a gentleman say he couldn't go upstairs to see his baby."

Although Beyonce gave birth on the sixth floor of the Hospital, she'll be recovering on the fourth floor in a rented out wing the couple reserved and renovated - including the addition of a bulletproof door - over the last few months leading up to the birth of baby Blue.

"Her room is bulletproof. It's custom-made," a hospital source confirmed to the Post.

The hospital does let patients reserve rooms or suites for their recovery after childbirth; but an insider says that the $1.3 million that Beyonce and Jay-Z (real name Shawn Carter) reportedly paid is exaggerated. Just how much did they spend then? Well, the hospital won't comment on that.

Despite a staff member confirming the complaints from visitors and patients, hospital spokeswoman Anne Silverman says she hasn't heard anything and that Coulon's complaint was "the first time" she heard about the commotion.

But all he wants is an apology for the added stress on him and his for their troubles.

"To have that circus roll into town and ruin our parade was unpleasant, All I want is an apology," he says.
Re: Beyonce & Jay-z's Security Kept Other Parents From Seeing Their Newborns by Sicherheit(m): 3:16am On Jan 10, 2012

(1) (Reply)

My Ex-love Wants A One-night Stand: I’m Married But Feel So Tempted / Tonto Dikeh Uses The "F" Word On A Fan When Asked About Mercy Johnson / Rick Ross Cancels Concert Amid Death Threats, Stays Proud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.