Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,882 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:20 AM

Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) (5783 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore / #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by mukina2: 9:53am On Jan 10, 2012
The Stream
@AJStream The Stream
#OccupyNigeria strike over fuel subsidy removal w/ @ashong @ASE @SaharaReports @gbengasesan & @RealSeanKuti -
https://twitter.com/AJStream/status/156646479006670848

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWsJwwGVW-o[/flash]
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by skkutty: 10:24am On Jan 10, 2012
Thank you for that austinvsb1

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violence innevitable.
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by dre11(m): 11:54am On Jan 10, 2012
When i watch Mallan el-rufia analysis of dis whole issue on AIT yesterday.
I felt sad & angry about how corruption is been gloryfied in d high places in our society.
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by 989900: 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2012
Good work, good work
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2012
The Seun or Segun Kuti man asked some good questions

a) At what rate are our local refineries really working? I heard some days ago from Jonathan Goodlucks own mouth that all 3 are running at ~90%. However,Nigeria is still importing about the same amount, even more, as it did back when the reports had the refining rate at 30%?

b) Also, Why is locally refined fuel selling at the same rate as imported fuel?
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by honeric01(m): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^

WHERE ARE THE PRO-SUBSIDY REMOVER TO GIVE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS?
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by occam(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

The Seun or Segun Kuti man asked some good questions

a) At what rate are our local refineries really working? I heard some days ago from Jonathan Goodlucks own mouth that all 3 are running at ~90%. However,Nigeria is still importing about the same amount, even more, as it did back when the reports had the refining rate at 30%?

b) Also, Why is locally refined fuel selling at the same rate as imported fuel?

In all this discussion, Nigerian govt never answered this question. This is one of the reason we can never trust all the figures pumped out daily by Iweala
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by kizito96(m): 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2012
Good Debate
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by xpagnol: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2012
It still behoves me of the kind of Advisers our mr president employed. He introduced the stimulus that brougth about this UNPRECEDENTED reactions and protests all around the country and he thinks it will gradually fizzle away as its been hoped with the menace of boko haram without withdrawing the stimulus. FOR YOUR INFORMATION SIR, The body structure that organised the protest is getting complex,c, omplicated and might get twistted.The NLC and TUC are gradually losing control of the protest. It should not be all about ego nor your admirers but should be about the people that put you there. Why are you giving your oppositions an unpreventable advantages. The lower House of Assembly has rejected the policy and mr President said its mere OPINION of the house which means they should'nt be taken seriously.Except he wants to toll the part of a Tyrant, I doubdt if he has any option than to back down. Anybody who supports this removal of fuel subsidy now is either mis-informed,ignorant,weakling or a loser. LIKE I EARLIER REITERATED, THE SUBSIDY BECAME OUR RIGHT WHEN THE GOVERNMENT DID FAIL IN ITS OBLIGATIONS to provide functional refineries for us. So you need to entise us into forfeiting it by demonstrating and proving to us that the funds can actually be utilised by reducing the cost of governance so they wound'nt take the funds as mere spill overs.
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by xpagnol: 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2012
@KARPENTER.
I would'nt spend much time with you cus you have told me what you are so i can't waste my time with u. Why the protest has not been done all these while its simply because it was all gathering silent momentum and boldness waiting for an occassion like this to present its selves. ITS NOT ABOUT JONATHAN, BUT THE TIME, THE POLICY AND ITS CONCOMITTANTS COUPLED WITH THE AMOUNT OF DECAY IN OUR GOVERNANCE HAVE ALOT TO ADDRESS AND ITS NOT JUST THE WAY YOU THINK OR THEY PRESENT IT. I will bring a cupboard for u 2moro morning for repair please be at home.
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by xpagnol: 6:47pm On Jan 10, 2012
I think they have become so comfortable in their bad leadership,mal-administration and embezzlement that they now need more money from us before they work for us, What a Bizzare!!!!!
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by humblebee: 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2012
Jonathan should be the one to represent himself and stop sending these ediots in the name of CBN governnor and ministers around. he should open up for a debate and answer questions directly, how long will he sit there just making decisions and forcing policies on us. we need to ask him questions and not send some ediots to him.
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by eghost247(m): 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2012
Promises May God Help Nigeria
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by jason123: 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2012
Good video!
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by nigboy(m): 11:57pm On Jan 10, 2012
May God Help Nigeria
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by BlackPikiN(m): 1:56am On Jan 11, 2012
You see as them dey lie about the ethnic-religious riot!

I wonder why they would lie about the killing of southerns on tv. You know see as him dodge the question.

If you cant say the truth about the killings in northern Nigeria, then you are not in any way able to lead or represent the masses you claim to be fighting for.
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by martyna4lf(f): 10:57am On Jan 12, 2012
The only way Nigerians can Occupy to me is to listen to this Government
and allow his plans to work. Anything shot of this, amount to loosing the
position they already have.
Re: Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) by honeric01(m): 1:59am On Jan 13, 2012
BREAKING NEWS!!! Inside Aso Rock Villa, FG to [/b]agree to revert to N65 but Removal of fuel subsidy takes effect March 1st,2012 @ N120 per litre. NLC/TUC negotiate for N90 and should commence by April 1st,2012. Now on RECESS, resumes back in 15mins. For the Nigerian people, Its a WIN WIN situation I strongly aim for, nothing more,nothing less! How about punishing the so called cabal, ? whether March or April, the people cannot be the sacrificial lamb for the sins of the thieving elites!!! Still waiting for the official news anyway! [b](STILL TO BE OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED)

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Has Links With North African Extremists –PDP / APC States Presidential Campaign Timetable / Please What Is The Real Mean Of Wailing Wailers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.