Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? (12967 Views)

AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos / The Last Time Weapons Were Bought For The Nigerian Army Was In 2006 - Alex Badeh / I Know Abacha, Mko’s Killers - Al Mustapha •says S\west Leaders Were Bought Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by mukina2: 11:04am On Jan 10, 2012
Nigeria Newsdesk
@NigeriaNewsdesk Nigeria Newsdesk
Investigation has revealed that those buses launched by President Jonathan on Sunday were actually bought by late President Yar’Adua: PBN
https://twitter.com/NigeriaNewsdesk/status/156668870101442560

Investigation has revealed that those buses launched by President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday were actually bought by late President Umaru Yar’Adua .

Pointblanknews.com sources hinted that Yar’Adua’s administration bought the buses as part of his efforts to boost mass transit.

The buses were packed behind the banquet hall at the presidential villa.
Shortly after the removal of subsidy, Jonathan announced some palliatives. They include the purchase of 1600 buses for the mass transit program. The administration said the buses would be on ground on January 9, 2012.

Shortly after, Trade and investment minister, Segun Aganga, debunked speculations that the buses would not be in Nigeria less than six months. He said they would be on ground before the January 9, 2012.

http://pointblanknews.com/new/exclusive/3422-JONATHAN%E2%80%99S-BUSES-WERE-BOUGHT-BY-LATE-YAR%E2%80%99ADUA%E2%80%A6FAWEHINMI%2C-BAKARE%2C-KUTI-LEAD-PROTEST.html
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by Beaf: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2012
This newsarticle is one of the most silly a news agency can make. People are so desperate to spite GEJ that their shiit is now total comedy.
So, what did Yar Adua buy 1600 buses for? To play with?

Rubbish.
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by jmaine: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2012
So !!!!!!!!!!!!! . .News don finish . . . First he traveled out with two aeroplanes full of [b] unnamed [/b]politicians . .  Now this one . . .

Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by gentlegg(m): 11:12am On Jan 10, 2012
I am tired of reading or listening to Nigerian government news. Because you always get news meant to be heard in the animal kingdom.
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by chyket(m): 11:14am On Jan 10, 2012
This is not true because I am an Auto dealer and I am aware that many of my colleagues who had diesel powered buses for sale supplied hundreds of buses up till Saturday for this project.
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by CarlosVent(m): 11:16am On Jan 10, 2012
that's why some press and news agency should be stripped of their license.
not only this one but sahara report also.

this is another rubbish being directed to GEJ. all haters must see where what they are doing will take them to.
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by eazydon(m): 11:17am On Jan 10, 2012
nonsense, @ poster u no get handwork?
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by cuteprinz(m): 11:19am On Jan 10, 2012
Hmmm. Na wah o! But i thot in one of his campaigns, Goodluck did say he intends to '. . . CARRY ON, FOR YAR ADUA. . .' for God's sake, these men worked together as PRESIDENT & VICE PRESIDENT. I feel they wanted the buses for a time like this. Otherwise, they woulda launched it back then.
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 10, 2012
[size=15pt]HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE A CARGO PLANE TO FLY INTO NIGERIA FROM ANY COUNTRY, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH[/size]
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by freecocoa(f): 11:21am On Jan 10, 2012
eazydon:

nonsense, @ poster u no get handwork?
What do you think what she just did is? Its work if you don't know.
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by blacksta(m): 11:22am On Jan 10, 2012
I laugh is fuel subsidy madness  -

Propanganda at work  - Who will blink first.
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by prodam(m): 11:23am On Jan 10, 2012
WE CAN'T ACCEPT THIS ONE

WE ARE NOT FOOLS,

WE ARE NOT IN SUPPORT OF REMOVAL OF SUBSIDY IS NOT EQUAL TO  WE ARE NOT IN SUPPORT OF GEJ'S GOVERNMENT,

SO I CAN NEVER BE A PARTY TO MAR GEJ'S ADMINISTRATION BUT A CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIC,

U FEEL ME?,
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by executinal(m): 11:29am On Jan 10, 2012
gentlegg:

I am tired of reading or listening to Nigerian government news. Because you always get news meant to be heard in the animal kingdom.
loi grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin REAL ANIMAL KINGDOM
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by executinal(m): 11:30am On Jan 10, 2012
Also yaradua removed fuel subsidy loi grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by blacksta(m): 11:33am On Jan 10, 2012
LeoMax:

[size=15pt]HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE A CARGO PLANE TO FLY INTO NIGERIA FROM ANY COUNTRY, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH[/size]

Are you serious  - btw  last friday and now  - Are you telling me 1600 bus carrying planes flew into Nigeria  - Unloaded and registered  for use.

Are you really educated  grin  - It is either the buses were available before the announcement was made or not.
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 10, 2012
blacksta:

Are you serious  - btw  last friday and now  - Are you telling me 1600 bus carrying planes flew into Nigeria  - Unloaded and registered  for use.

Are you really educated  grin  - It is either the buses were available before the announcement was made or not.
[size=15pt]
Yes am very educated. The last time I flew a truck from the US, it took hours. Thanks for asking[/size]
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by Kobojunkie: 11:36am On Jan 10, 2012
I thought Abati has already announced that the Jonathan Administration never acquired the buses?   undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided So where are the stories of his administration pulling JAMES BOND moves to bring buses into the country overnight all about?

If he didn't acquire the buses and the buses exist, then it is possible they were acquired by the past administration. I mean it is unlikely since about 80% of projects executed 2010/2011 were started during the yar adua administration. Some of the remaining 20% were remnants from the Obasanjo days.
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by fleps(m): 11:37am On Jan 10, 2012
Whose report shall we now believe?! Next tin u'l know, TVC (Television Continental, Lagos) wil put it up in d news by 9.45pm just like it did yesterday wit GEJ being d most cursed President on Facebook!
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by Parisgoodman(m): 11:39am On Jan 10, 2012
From what i see here, the people don't trust the Government and likewise the Government don't trust the people--bunch of friggin lairs!
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by GWslim(f): 11:41am On Jan 10, 2012
Who care about how the buses came about, what is important is where the buses.
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 10, 2012
this government has no human feeling, well na zoology him study that's why he never has feeling for human being cos if they have i wonder how 1600 buses can be enough for a population of 150 million and also is it only transport that the removal of subsidy will affect, what about other prices of product sad na wa for our Minister of Finance oh (No thinking Faculty)
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by Parisgoodman(m): 11:43am On Jan 10, 2012
From what i see here, the people don't trust the Government and likewise the Government don't trust the people--bunch of friggin lairs!
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by Kobojunkie: 11:44am On Jan 10, 2012
GWslim:

Who care about how the buses came about, what is important is where the buses.

YOu should care how the buses came about because the last thing you want is for you to be lied to again by your government? Or am I wrong? Where the buses are is another question entirely, that you may not even benefit much from in the end.
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by Aluksboy(m): 11:45am On Jan 10, 2012
waooo. . so GEJ has started playing Nigerians. His name Goodluck is now turning to Badluck. Too bad so sad for masses embarassed lipsrsealed grin :-$ :Okiss
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by Aluksboy(m): 11:47am On Jan 10, 2012
lmao
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by blacksta(m): 11:48am On Jan 10, 2012
LeoMax:

Yes am very educated. The last time I flew a truck from the US, it took hours. Thanks for asking[/b][/size]

One truck and not 1600  - Are you aware of the logistics involued in sourcing and delivering 1600 buses in a matter of days.  I think we should agree that part of the buses where on ground before the announcement was made.
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 10, 2012
And so, what's the big deal.
Wether dey were bout by Abacha or Abubukar, Just say it, u dnt like GEJ
For me i'm in total support of his deregulation process so long I can see possibillities,
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by najoke: 12:01pm On Jan 10, 2012
blacksta:

One truck and not 1600  - Are you aware of the logistics involued in sourcing and delivering 1600 buses in a matter of days.  I think we should agree that part of the buses where on ground before the announcement was made.

^
help me ask the pro fisherman fools o, like some of never by tokunboh cars b4

@Beaf,Leomax and friends

Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by iz2much: 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2012
i laugh in capital letter
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by FKseun(m): 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2012
LWKMD! Beaf seems not to have a defence for this one,
Naija government officials na magicians! 1600 luxury buses in a few days!
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by FKseun(m): 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2012
LeoMax:

Waow! I can assess your level of intelligence!
Re: The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2012
This is what i don't seem to understand also, HOW CAN YOU BUY 1600 BUSES, AND WITHING TWO DAYS (FRIDAY-MONDAY) THEY ARE READY AND ON GROUND IN NIGERIA? ABEG EVEN A MAGICIAN CANNOT PULL THAT OFF.  first they will have to place an order, then it will be checked to see if 1600 buses are available, then the buses will be sorted out, then delivered. And they want to make us believe all this happened in two days. SEE WHY THERE IS A NEED FOR A REVOLUTION? How can you rule a country with such mentality for god sake. Make your plans truthful and clear. e.g

restore fuel subsidy now, then order about 2000-3000 mass transit buses which might take few months to arrive. then distribute them to every state. In the mean time, focuss on significantly improving electricity, which i believe by end of this year alteast will be significant improvement (if they are serious). By then, most nigerians will be well acquainted with the transit mode of transport (if you get serious about promoting it), and nigerians will also be significantly more happier at the improvement in electricity by that time. Now that the conditions are a bit more acceptable, then remove subsidy on fuel say by december. see how gradual it should be?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suicide Bomber Strikes Borno Police Headquarters / NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations / Tribunal: Politicians Go Fetish To Win Petitions In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.