Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,255 members, 7,780,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:16 PM

Who Has Better Control Of English In Nigeria. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Has Better Control Of English In Nigeria. (1174 Views)

Vintage Clip of Organised Igbo Town Learning English In Enugu / Why Do Igbo's Speak English In Igboland? / What's The History Of Pidgin English In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Better Control Of English In Nigeria. by bigbee(m): 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2007
over the years after discovering that my father is nigerian i have made countless trips back home and interact with a lot of people from most part of the country,but the on particular tribe that has a very distinct command of the english without a flaw in pronounciation are the idoma people from benue state.they control the language effortlessly and almost make no mistake. but my fellow IBOS hmm,, they kill the language so are the yoruba,s,  PLs tell me if iam wrong but that,s the way i feel.
Re: Who Has Better Control Of English In Nigeria. by AKO1(m): 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2007
Lets get straight to the point: you are just advertising your tribe, every human hopes to be the best you know but unfortunately, the reality is that there will always be people better and worse than you in everything. I can see some little errors even in your typing, so definately your speech would have the same.
The best speakers of english are the english, and those who were brought up among good speakers. I will comment on the peculiarities of different tribes l8r,
Re: Who Has Better Control Of English In Nigeria. by FSU: 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2007
Who are the Idomas in Nigeria? Can someone mention one, two, three IDOMA researchers/ academicians of note (international or even national) like you will find in thousands amongst the Igbo and the Yoruba? The first author should not attempt to get me started, otherwise,  grin.
Re: Who Has Better Control Of English In Nigeria. by ghettochyk(f): 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2007
@topic

who really cares? what difference does it make? wtf? hissss
Re: Who Has Better Control Of English In Nigeria. by Ikomi(m): 6:57pm On Oct 08, 2007
ghettochyk:

@topic

Stay out of topics like this. Amaghim ihe ina achoghari. LOL cheesy
Re: Who Has Better Control Of English In Nigeria. by AKO1(m): 12:55am On Oct 09, 2007
ghettochyk:

@topic

Relax o it does, if you hear we pple in Naija have messed up the pronunciation of english, south africans,etc do it better that us but it's something that will never change because our local dialects will never be eradicated.
Re: Who Has Better Control Of English In Nigeria. by ifyalways(f): 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2007
None.
Re: Who Has Better Control Of English In Nigeria. by bigbee(m): 5:33pm On Oct 13, 2007
the first respondent AKO has misconstrued everything right from the start. first of iam not an idoma by tribe iam IBO or my dad is if u wanna put it that way but i can tell from ur reaction that u are one person u cant stand constructive critism but thats ok .iam just expressing my mind up in here and i really dont care what anyone thinks.this is where our first amendment come 2 play.if u know what i mean and if u dont ask any of the american folks here there will tell u what the first amendment means.
Re: Who Has Better Control Of English In Nigeria. by ifyalways(f): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2007
Ikomi:

Stay out of topics like this. Amaghim ihe ina achoghari. LOL cheesy
ikomi o bu gini ka ghetochk mere gihapu ga ada di ora nma aka.o maka na  o kweghi enye gi mere iji ewe iwe??ihe ahu i na acho ka o na acho period ! cool cool
Re: Who Has Better Control Of English In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2007
evrybody does. . .who cares abt english when you can speak ur native tongue

[size=20pt] Boring a$$ thread. . .lol[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Witches And Wizards / Unity In Diversity / Baboon Urine A Big Seller In Bulawayo, Used In Love Concoctions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.