Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! (21465 Views)

My Toyota Condor Wont Start When The Engine Is Hot. Pls Help. / My Car Won't Start When The Engine Is Cold, Why? / Please Help! Car Doesn't Accelerate As It Should (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by bigx(m): 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2012
I have a Peugeot 307 and I don't know if it's the Car or the Mechanics in Port-Harcourt but the Car is turning into a Nightmare.

First of all, I went to visit some friends, on entering the car to leave, It refused to start or even light up,
I went through four mechanics and "diagnostic fees" ( 2 big workshops included) before a mechanic told me the Brainbox and BSI where bad.
I gave him 170,000 to change them (and my key).

After that, the car started and was working ok (apart from one high-pitched sound whenever I turn on the radio).

I used the car for a few days after that till:

2.) My timing belt cut all of a sudden on the way to my house.

I spent almost 40,000 on fixing that and it seems the mechanic did a shoddy job on that because the next morning

3.) My Fan Belt Cut: I got one off a close by mechanic and could use the car again but

4.) Right now, when the Car is being used, if it is switched off when the Engine is Hot, it would never start until the Engine cools down.

I am really tired of mechanics here and if anyone could recommend a Good, Honest and Affordable Port Harcourt based Peugeot 307 mechanic who would check everything on the car and fix it I would be very glad.

Thanks!!
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by Ikenna351(m): 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2012
First of all, your car dosent have fan belt, since it has electric radiator cooling fan instead, not mechanical or viscous fan. It could be the fan that drives Alternator, water pump, PAS pump or A/C compressor that broke.

When you said you replaced the ECU (aka brainbox) with 170k, it really got me confused. You mean you replaced only a car ecu with 170k? Thats outragious! Even if you replaced the whole engine harness & sensors in the vehicle, should that cost that much for Peugeot 307? Besides, ecu dosent just die like that. If actually it died & was the cause for the car refusing to start, then, there must have been a wrong connection somewhere done by someone that blew the ecu or that the ecu was actually not faulty, but while fixing the purchased ecu, the rewire that did the replacing job found the culprit, fixed it, but didnt tell you. If the ecu plug/wiring connector becomes loose on the ecu, the engine wont start until when the plug is pushed in properlly in the ecu. If the ckp (crankshaft position sensor) plug becomes loose on the sensor as well, it would develop the same symptom of car not starting. I have had similar issue before & loosed ckp plug was the culprit.

You said your car hard start when engine is hot. I have had similar issue before. I would check the cts (coolant temperature sensor) & its harness (wires) if I were you. If the cts starts failing, it could exhibit such symptom. If one of the cts wires on the wiring connector breaks, it could cause a similar symptom. If the cts plug is not pushed in properly, it could cause it. Since rewires have played football in your engine bay, when trying to diagnose the cause of the car not starting, its possible one of them could have mess with the cts harness. The cts is normally located on the thermostart housing.

If the cts is ok & the car still woundnt start when engine is hot, bypass the postive wire on the ignition coil & draw current from battery positive terminal head & clank the engine & see what happens. If it starts, then is an ignition issue. You will then take it from there.

The truth is, the engine harness has been tampered or messed with, maybe, with one or two of the clowns you opened your car bonnet for to fix the hard starting issue.

If the two engine belts broke within a short period, then something is wrong. If i may ask you, did you replace the water pump when you replaced the broken timing belt? If you didnt do so, then the problem that made the timing belt to break might still be there, which is the water pump. Water pump should be replaced while changing timing belt. unless you have money to replace the engine valves & do valve job again, sooner than you expect.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by bigx(m): 1:48am On Jan 11, 2012
Bros!!! I really need to learn more about this car o! The car actually parked for months while I was looking for who could fix the not starting, the 170 was even the cheapest price though I still have the changed unit in my boot just in case.

To think of it, before the last issue I was driving and the engine went off, the person that checked the car said the temperature sensor was I think coated by rust or something though the car was normal after that so I didn't think of it. I would check them once I'm out this morning!!

No I didnt change the water pump, would it be alright to change that now? The timing belt issue is not something I want to go through again.

Ivnt looked at the car for a while after the last issue, I would open it up once its daytime and look through everything as you suggested.
Thanks a million!
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by dagboss(m): 11:01am On Jan 11, 2012
Is there no accredited Peugeot workshop in the whole of Port Harcourt? undecided
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by bigx(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2012
That's what I said, I was at SCOA (no diagnostic machine) and Mingi Motors (where I was referred to the guy that changed the BrainBox). If I could get the contact of a good one I would not mind.
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by Uzzie: 9:13pm On Jan 12, 2012
i own a 307 too and i fix it at mingi motors along trans-amadi road. they are pretty gud, maybe u should give den a trial.
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by bigx(m): 8:17am On Jan 13, 2012
Uzzie:

i own a 307 too and i fix it at mingi motors along trans-amadi road. they are pretty gud, maybe u should give den a trial.
bigx:

That's what I said, I was at SCOA (no diagnostic machine) and Mingi Motors (where I was referred to the guy that changed the BrainBox). If I could get the contact of a good one I would not mind.

Do you know any good one there in particular I can call cos the car isnt even starting now
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by nepuchie: 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2012
I am about to buy a 307 Peugeot.Please can someone advice me if i should go ahead?There is also a 206 peugeot for sale N800k,in good condition.
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by boladez(m): 6:36am On Jan 25, 2012
bigx:

Do you know any good one there in particular I can call cos the car isnt even starting now

Bigx, You can call Isreal 08037090335, I know him way back fom 2005 to 2009 when I relocated. Great guy with sound knowledge of these vehicles. Hi is at Mingi Motors Trans Amadi.

Nepuchie, recent Peugeot products are superb. The golden rule is for you not to allow any roadside mechanics or electricians to go near it! simple. The parts are available and you can get professional help in any major city in Nigeria. The fuel consumption is great and the 307 and 206 I know so well are durable.

All the best
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by bigx(m): 7:35am On Jan 25, 2012
boladez:

Bigx, You can call Isreal 08037090335, I know him way back fom 2005 to 2009 when I relocated. Great guy with sound knowledge of these vehicles. Hi is at Mingi Motors Trans Amadi.

Nepuchie, recent Peugeot products are superb. The golden rule is for you not to allow any roadside mechanics or electricians to go near it! simple. The parts are available and you can get professional help in any major city in Nigeria. The fuel consumption is great and the 307 and 206 I know so well are durable.

All the best
Thanks a million,
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by mrtee09(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2012
I want to sell my peugeot 307 2002 model, you can call 08099857510
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by bigx(m): 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2012
Car's working ok now :-)

Got a mechanic close to Isaac Boro Park that's been wonderful so far.
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by Cargoed: 2:33pm On Apr 08, 2012
Always look at your check engine light never ignore it for any reason. Get a simple diagnostic kit for N20K that will work with your laptop. Am sure that is far cheaper than all the thousands that i hear many people spend.

Lagos(Surulere) Mr Paul = 0706 357 8028

P.H (Artillary) David = 0803 792 3772

Abuja = 0815 209 0072

You can now check your car yourself in 3minutes only.

If your car does not idle when hot check your oxygen sensor, if you hear a high pitch sound its definately your fanbelt. The brainbox does not damage easiy like that, what happens is that mechanics have found that it is an easy way to "Chop your money"

Okay take care any car from 2003 can give you though time as far as you chose to ignore the check engine light. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by bigx(m): 11:05pm On Apr 08, 2012
Cargoed: Always look at your check engine light never ignore it for any reason. Get a simple diagnostic kit for N20K that will work with your laptop. Am sure that is far cheaper than all the thousands that i hear many people spend.

Lagos(Surulere) Mr Paul = 0706 357 8028

P.H (Artillary) David = 0803 792 3772

Abuja = 0815 209 0072

You can now check your car yourself in 3minutes only.

If your car does not idle when hot check your oxygen sensor, if you hear a high pitch sound its definately your fanbelt. The brainbox does not damage easiy like that, what happens is that mechanics have found that it is an easy way to "Chop your money"

Okay take care any car from 2003 can give you though time as far as you chose to ignore the check engine light. cheesy cheesy

Do you have one scanner that fits all or you have the peugeot specific scanner?
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by Mykellio: 10:00pm On Apr 09, 2012
My bruva, truth be told. Please just replace the engine and have peace. Ridiculous but candid advice.
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by bigx(m): 11:01pm On Apr 09, 2012
What's that likely to cost? Someone said the same thing too
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by cutetotalk: 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
bigx: What's that likely to cost? Someone said the same thing too

Engine For 307 cost about 60k

Full Engine with Gear Box is about 120k @ Ladipo Market Matori

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by kaec: 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
I jux got my 307, its working ok buh not at Its best, I nid a good experienced mechanic in port Harcourt who I can trust with my maintance plz help
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by bigx(m): 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
kaec: I jux got my 307, its working ok buh not at Its best, I nid a good experienced mechanic in port Harcourt who I can trust with my maintance plz help

Okoro
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by kaec: 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
bigx:

Okoro

Thanks alot.. Would call him tomorrow
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by kaec: 5:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
bigx:

Okoro
Boss my car jux developed a problem since my gear stick got hard as a result of my gear oil going realy low which I've drained out n put a new 1, (okoro changed my clutch plates n didn't put enuf gear oil bak in n didn't even tell me so i put @ d filling station dats wot d guy der told me dat m lucky d engine didn't get damaged, its dat serious) now the gear stick is stil terribly hard.. I cant put it in gear 1 without switching off d engine, it hardly enters d reverse gear even with d engine off, and it vibrates horribly when stationary on gear 1 i.e during go slow. even rolls on its own if i don't apply brakes, i had to pack d car by a road side n take a cab so it doesn't complicate issues.. d engine stil sounds alright though jux dis problems.. I've bin tryna call okoro since yesterday his lines has bin switched off!

Pls i need urgent help, dunno wots wrong n don't want to call jux any mec to touch it until i kno d problem n wot to fix..

Pls P'ple help me here embarassed
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by Ikenna351(m): 11:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
kaec:
Boss my car jux developed a problem since my gear stick got hard as a result of my gear oil going realy low which I've drained out n put a new 1, (okoro changed my clutch plates n didn't put enuf gear oil bak in n didn't even tell me so i put @ d filling station dats wot d guy der told me dat m lucky d engine didn't get damaged, its dat serious) now the gear stick is stil terribly hard.. I cant put it in gear 1 without switching off d engine, it hardly enters d reverse gear even with d engine off, and it vibrates horribly when stationary on gear 1 i.e during go slow. even rolls on its own if i don't apply brakes, i had to pack d car by a road side n take a cab so it doesn't complicate issues.. d engine stil sounds alright though jux dis problems.. I've bin tryna call okoro since yesterday his lines has bin switched off!

Pls i need urgent help, dunno wots wrong n don't want to call jux any mec to touch it until i kno d problem n wot to fix..

Pls P'ple help me here embarassed

Really don't get most of what you said. If I could understand some of the symptoms you mentioned, the whole thing sounded like a clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder issue. It could be as simple as air in the system.

Your pressure plate seems ok, unless I didn't get you clearly.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by Nobody: 6:02am On Nov 02, 2014
The horror stories I keep hearing about 307 and 206. Was tinkin of getting one but now I don't tink I shud
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by Ikenna351(m): 7:15am On Nov 02, 2014
damilola5019:
The horror stories I keep hearing about 307 and 206. Was tinkin of getting one but now I don't tink I shud

What horror stories? Care to share, at least, one of them with us?

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by kaec: 7:46am On Nov 02, 2014
Ikenna351:

Really don't get most of what you said. If I could understand some of the symptoms you mentioned, the whole thing sounded like a clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder issue. It could be as simple as air in the system.
Your pressure plate seems ok, unless I didn't get you clearly.
Ikenna

thanks for d response Ikenna,

I said d gear stick is stil very hard wit full gear oil in, I use almost all my energy to put it in a gear while m driving, it cant enter gear 1 wit d engine on, I hv to switch off d engine n put it in gear 1 put it bak on b4 I can drive. If it manges to start in dat gear 1 with me clutching down d engine wud b vibrating terribly, shaking d entire car! D reverse gear nw almost don't work, putting it wit d engine on doesnt enter or giv me Anytin except a noise, i hv to put it off b4 putting it in reverse too lyk I do to d gear 1. Thanks
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by Ikenna351(m): 7:58am On Nov 02, 2014
kaec:

I said d gear stick is stil very hard wit full gear oil in, I use almost all my energy to put it in a gear while m driving, it cant enter gear 1 wit d engine on, I hv to switch off d engine n put it in gear 1 put it bak on b4 I can drive. If it manges to start in dat gear 1 with me clutching down d engine wud b vibrating terribly, shaking d entire car! D reverse gear nw almost don't work, putting it wit d engine on doesnt enter or giv me Anytin except a noise, i hv to put it off b4 putting it in reverse too lyk I do to d gear 1. Thanks

It looks like your pressure plate (aka clutch disc) is not fully depressed. I would check if air in the system (clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder).

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by Akeem478: 9:52am On Nov 02, 2014
SELL IT, DON'T DISTURB UR SELF, JUST SELL IT.
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by danadam(m): 7:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
Akeem478:
SELL IT, DON'T DISTURB UR SELF, JUST SELL IT.

do you want to buy it? do you sell your car anytime it develops an issue?

5 Likes

Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by boladez(m): 2:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
kaec:

Has it been fixed , do you want to share the issue for us to learn more
Re: Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
Mykellio:
My bruva, truth be told. Please just replace the engine and have peace. Ridiculous but candid advice.

Let's say the issues are external to the engine - wiring, connectors etc. Replacing the engine will be as daft as setting fire to money, and watching it burn.

Replacing parts randomly creates a money pit with no end in sight. Randomly replacing major assemblies like an engine or transmission is even worse.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption / Abu Dhabi-based Tawazun Invests ₦45b In Russian Aurus Car Brand / How To Tell If Your Car Tyres Are Expired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.