Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) (1144 Views)

What Barcanista Really Want (not Really That Of Gbawe) / Why G7 Governors Decamping Does Not Really Affect Jonathan's 2015 Chances / Is Britain Really Interested In International Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by Nchara: 4:57pm On Jan 10, 2012
A number of SE people are protesting both in other regions and in their region, but clearly the bulk of the people are not interested in protesting

Why?

Firstly:

The fuel subsidy removal is a good idea (hopefully the money realized from it is used wisely and smartly) and the people understand the merits.

Secondly:

Despite two SE states being oil-producing
Despite Anambra being oil and gas bearing (for which production will start anytime)
Despite the sacrifice of Ndigbo in Nigeria
How much federal infrastructure is in the East?
We have nothing concrete from the feds, almost everything in Igboland is private
The Niger bridge is falling, the feds are looking the other way
Apparently we are not equal stakeholders in the Nigerian enterprise
Nigerian protests are always destructive; that is not how protests should be
So you want protesters to destroy the private businesses of other persons who have no hand in what is being protested?
The West and North have all the federal presence so they can destroy some during the protest and still have enough left
Countable times I hear people of SW and northern origin say SE can never rule Nigeria.
That Nigeria belongs to them to take turns
And you want us to die for the same country?
Yet Nigeria has been largely misruled all these years
Should not those who have (mis)ruled fix their mess and let their people protest the ill?
Buhari was oil minister, then Head of State,  then PTF Head
Obasanjo was president
Under these people and others before and after them, what happened to the refineries?

Jonathan is here trying to fix what mess he can that the North and SW former leaders made
Jonathan is not even from the SE and all hell is being let loose on SE people?
It is good for the Igbos not to produce a president
But it is good for them to join a protest, especially against their own circumstances
Why is Tinubu (ACN) not on the street?

When you love me, I love you back. Isn't that how things work?

Written in a hurry; would fix any typos later.
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by Nchara: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2012
These are my own opinions

Other SE people who don't want the protest should contribute their own reasons
Others who want the protest should also say their mind
It is a free world out there.
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by MrGlobe(m): 5:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
Ok. Now go back to your cage and allow people with valid points exchange ideas. There we protests in imo and anambra. Enugu governor banned it in his state same as the old idi.iot in ebonyi. The increase in price also affects the se.
Throw your sentiments through the window
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by Nchara: 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
^^^^^
Did you read this, Mr township man?

A number of SE people are protesting both in other regions and in their region, but clearly the bulk of the people are not interested in protesting
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by MrGlobe(m): 6:47pm On Jan 10, 2012
^
The bolded is senseless. If some seastnerners were indeed protesting then your post is useless. Not everybody is protesting in lagos too for instance.
Thus the se people say a big no to subsidy removal
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by Jenifa1: 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2012

Nigerian protests are always destructive; that is not how protests should be
So you want protesters to destroy the private businesses of another person who has no hand in what is being protested?

rotflmao
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by beafroast: 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2012
maybe the bulk of the people like shuffering and shmiling.
Though no be by force to protest but sometimes on certain issues we must let our government know sey na we dey work d money wey dem dey take oppress us.
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by beafroast: 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
Though no be by force to protest but sometimes on certain issues we must let our government know sey na we dey work d money wey dem dey take oppress us.
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by Nchara: 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2012
beaf roast:

That summarizes everything. Thank you.
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2012
thanks for including "(imo)" which means "in my opinion"
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by Adanora: 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
Mr Globe speak for urself, we SE pple support subsidy removal and GEJ govt policies. So go do ur stupid protest and embark on ur nonsense strike we re nt interested
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by Nchara: 9:50pm On Jan 10, 2012
mikeansy:

thanks for including "(imo)" which means "in my opinion"

Of course. Who am I to speak for all members of the great Igbo race? I never reach oh!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by Rgp92: 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2012
Nchara:

Of course. Who am I to speak for all members of the great[b] Igbo race[/b]? I never reach oh!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Igbo is not a race, but an ethnic group!!!!!

Many people aint protesting because they know it wont change anything.
Re: Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) by Rgp92: 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2012
Adanora:

Mr Globe speak for urself, we SE pple support subsidy removal and GEJ govt policies. So go do your silly protest and embark on your nonsense strike we re nt interested

Speak for yourself! Stop generalizing, it makes you look like a fool.

(1) (Reply)

Breakingnews: Igbo Warehouse In Kano On Fire / Aregbesola Causes Uproar •attacks Obj, Mimiko At Afenifere Meeting In Lagos ! / Camerounian Government Bans TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.