Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka (18995 Views)

Retired Generals Jostle For Civil Defence Top Job — Leadership Newspaper / PDP Heading For Self Destruction – Mark / Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Rossikk(m): 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
eGuerrilla:

You are going to have to forgive Rossikk here. War for him only starts when it features on CNN (See No News, according to Fela Kuti)

Spare me that Bullshiit. There is no war in Nigeria. And there is no war on the horizon. Get that into your thick skull and quit drinking Soyinka's koolaid.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Katsumoto: 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
Rossikk: According to you and Soyinka, our "conflict" has been "starting" since the end of the last one in 1972!

First, the last civil war ended in 1970

Second, Soyinka was against the last civil war. Even spent 26 months in prison for it

Third, please furnish us with details of Soyinka predicting war from 1970 (or 72) to date. Don't back away from this challenge.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Katsumoto: 1:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
eGuerrilla:

You are going to have to forgive Rossikk here. War for him only starts when it features on CNN (See No News, according to Fela Kuti)

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Rossikk(m): 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2013
Katsumoto:

First, the last civil war ended in 1970

Second, Soyinka was against the last civil war. Even spent 26 months in prison for it

Third, please furnish us with details of Soyinka predicting war from 1970 (or 72) to date. Don't back away from this challenge.
You want details! Go and read the papers from that era till date. A good library should store them. Same old tired predictions of imminent social collapse and conflict. Always "imminent". That's Soyinka. I think he does it to remain 'relevant'. He likes the attention.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
Rossikk: Spare me that Bullshiit. There is no war in Nigeria. And there is no war on the horizon. Get that into your thick skull and quit drinking Soyinka's koolaid.

It is no real surprise that a ten-a-penny lo#ony like you would fail to read the tea leaves correctly.
Whether you acknowledge what is obvious or not, if we continue on the current track, we are heading to war!

Soyinka merely drew attention to what so many others are thinking - 2015: We can’t survive another civil war in Nigeria –Mark warns politicians

If you like e good
If you no like you hang
If you like e good
If you no like you hang
If you hang you go die
You go die for nothing
We go carry your body go police station
You die wrongfully
Source

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Katsumoto: 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
Rossikk: You want details! Go and read the papers from that era till date. A good library should store them. Same old tired predictions of imminent social collapse and conflict. Always "imminent". That's Soyinka. I think he does it to remain 'relevant'. He likes the attention.

Just as I thought, noise maker with no real facts.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Rossikk(m): 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
eGuerrilla:

It is no real surprise that a ten-a-penny lo#ony like you would fail to read the tea leaves correctly.
Whether you acknowledge what is obvious or not, if we continue on the current track, we are heading to war!

Soyinka merely drew attention to what so many others are thinking - 2015: We can’t survive another civil war in Nigeria –Mark warns politicians

Source
Keep dreaming of war instead of contributing something useful to society. Worthless animal. In your old age you will still be dreaming of war, like Soyinka.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Rossikk(m): 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
Katsumoto:

Just as I thought, noise maker with no real facts.
Dummy... What was I supposed to do, save all of Soyinka's dire quotes from childhood? Sorry.. Got more important things to do. Everyone who reads the news knows Soyinka has always predicted war and mayhem. Have you ever seen him predict anything good for this country? I haven't!
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Katsumoto: 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
Rossikk: Dummy... What was I supposed to do, save all of Soyinka's dire quotes from childhood? Sorry.. Got more important things to do. Everyone who reads the news knows Soyinka has always predicted war and mayhem. Have you ever seen him predict anything good for this country? I haven't!

Only those who benefit from the system ignore the obvious rot in the system and ominous signs.

To them Nigeria is the best

As long as they are buying drinks at choice bars every day of the week

As long as they can go to Dubai to watch F1

As long as they can make a trip to London or the US once or twice a year for shopping

As long as they can drive their Range Rover around town

As long as they can keep their mistresses

It matters not to them that

Angola which fought a war for 27 years has a higher Human Development Index ranking higher than Nigeria

That Nigeria together with Venezuela are the only oil producers with no sizable Soveriegn wealth fund

That kidnappers are running amok all over Nigeria

That students spend 3-6 months at home even though Nigeria is no longer with Military governments

That Nigerian soldiers have been deployed to fight an insurgency in the country

That the UN building was bombed in Nigeria's capital

That millions of Nigerian kids are dying of hunger

That millions of Nigerian kids don't go to school and the ones that do, sit on floors

Bury your head in the sand like an ostrich ok. Those with more sense and empathy for the vulnerable are doing what they can. Keep feeding fat with the contracts you are getting.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP / NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) / What PDP Must Do To Defeat APC In 2019 – Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.