Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (208692 Views)

How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / Getting Admission To Study Free In Tbilis Georgia / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Mamacita007(f): 5:42pm On May 17, 2013
2good: You don't get any benefit for being born in the Netherlands. You will be treated like a Nigerian if you have the Nigerian passport and you are not allowed to work there. You will also pay the Non EU tuition fees because you are not an EU citizen.

Tnks but can he apply for MVV or TWV since he was born there? Does it permit him to work while schooling? Sorry for asking too many questions. Tnks
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 12:45am On May 18, 2013
p.desmond:

Goed, bedankt voor het vragen, je?
Graag gedaan, Ik spreek niet goed Nederlands nog, wink
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 6:05pm On May 23, 2013
pls guys.. has anyone applied to Fontys uni before.. from Nigeria here..

thank u
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Bigaunty1(f): 6:34pm On Jun 20, 2013
hi everyone, i and my sister are interested in studying Bsc biotechnology and electrical electronics engineering respectively,please kindly advise on the universities to apply in,intake periods tuition e.t.c
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 20, 2013
Big aunty: hi everyone, i and my sister are interested in studying Bsc biotechnology and electrical electronics engineering respectively,please kindly advise on the universities to apply in,intake periods tuition e.t.c
There are many universities in the Netherlands that your sister and you can apply to. Its better you read some pages on this thread to find more info. However, be expecting tuition fee from € 6,500 - 7,500 per academic year. If you get money, you have no problem with your visas. Cheers!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by morizboe: 2:44am On Jun 21, 2013
Demaejy:
There are many universities in the Netherlands that your sister and you can apply to. Its better you read some pages on this thread to find more info. However, be expecting tuition fee from € 6,500 - 7,500 per academic year. If you get money, you have no problem with your visas. Cheers!

@Demaejy,you said "if you get money, you have no problem with your visas". my question is must the statement of account you will present to the embassy bear your name? wouldn't there be room for sponsorship from a person entirely not bearing your surname? I mean a family friend or a guardian who is catering for your study expenses. must the money come from you considering the fact that an average nigerian student cant pay such high amounting tuition fees? if there is room for sponsorship, must it be from your family? As in the statement of account bearing your surname as the same to your sponsor's?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 21, 2013
morizboe:

@Demaejy,you said "if you get money, you have no problem with your visas". my question is must the statement of account you will present to the embassy bear your name? wouldn't there be room for sponsorship from a person entirely not bearing your surname? I mean a family friend or a guardian who is catering for your study expenses. must the money come from you considering the fact that an average nigerian student cant pay such high amounting tuition fees? if there is room for sponsorship, must it be from your family? As in the statement of account bearing your surname as the same to your sponsor's?
No, it doesn't matter that your sponsor must be your family or you bear the same name. Even some schools will give you admission without showing them any statement of account, and regarding your visa, once you paid an estimate fees to your school, you have no problem because the school will apply for your visa. Thus, you have no issue with embassy regarding any statement of account.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by weebay(m): 9:41am On Jun 25, 2013
@wurejone hi, how are u doing..I applied for an Msc program in 2german universities and they both denied now I feel German doesn't want me..pls do u know if any uni in Netherland still have ongoing admission especially in area of agriculture or food processing / saftey.
Thanks!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by morizboe: 10:48pm On Jun 29, 2013
Demaejy:
No, it doesn't matter that your sponsor must be your family or you bear the same name. Even some schools will give you admission without showing them any statement of account, and regarding your visa, once you paid an estimate fees to your school, you have no problem because the school will apply for your visa. Thus, you have no issue with embassy regarding any statement of account.

My admission is not at Netherlands, but at Denmark and I don't think the two operate the same way. The school I applied to has sent me resident and work permit form to fill and submit to the embassy with other supporting documents, of which statement of account is among them. but my intending sponsor has an entirely different surname with me but I have read in different "travel threads" that ones sponsor must be an immediate family memeber. I have paid the tuition fee of 7000 euro and also paid 3 months accomodation which I will be presenting the documents to the embassy with my application. But I was also told that sponsorship is not allowed and the statement of account should be the applicants own with enough money to cover the estimated applicant's monthly expenditures. Have you read about such statement of account requirement before or have an idea? PLS ANYBODY THAT HAS DIVERSE INFORMATION ABOUT "SPONSORSHIP" SHOULD PLS HELP ME OUT. thank you all
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
morizboe:

My admission is not at Netherlands, but at Denmark and I don't think the two operates the same way. The school I applied to has sent me resident and work permit form to fill and submit to the embassy with other supporting documents, of which statement of account is among them. but my intending sponsor has an entirely different surname with me but I have read in different "travel threads" that ones sponsor must be an immediate family memeber. I have paid the tuition fee of 7000 euro and also paid 3 months accomodation which I will be presenting the documents to the embassy with my application. But I was also told that sponsorship is not allowed and the statement of account should be the applicants own with enough money to cover the estimated applicant's monthly expenditures. Have you read about such statement of account requirement before or have an idea? PLS ANYBODY THAT HAS DIVERSE INFORMATION ABOUT "SPONSORSHIP" SHOULD PLS HELP ME OUT. thank you all
Who told you the bolded part? Embassy or Ordinary individual person ? Only Czech repubic is the one i know that will request for your sponsor statement of account and your own statement of account. It doesn't matter that your sponsor must bear the same name with your own name, afterall, since you will provide them with sponsorship letter that will state willingness of your sponsor to finance you. Although, people do think you stand a better chance if both of you bear the same name. However, if you are to present your own statement of account, then ask your sponsor to put the money into your account. You must get enough information on Danish embassy website. If it was the Netherland, you don't need all these, pay your money and you will just be fine. Please tell me, what is the name of your school in Denmark? Are they not allow you to pay tuition fee in instalment?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by morizboe: 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
Demaejy:
Who told you the bolded part? Embassy or Ordinary individual person ? Only Czech repubic is the one i know that will request for your sponsor statement of account and your own statement of account. It doesn't matter that your sponsor must bear the same name with your own name, afterall, since you will provide them with sponsorship letter that will state willingness of your sponsor to finance you. Although, people do think you stand a better chance if both of you bear the same name. However, if you are to present your own statement of account, then ask your sponsor to put the money into your account. You must get enough information on Danish embassy website. If it was the Netherland, you don't need all these, pay your money and you will just be fine. Please tell me, what is the name of your school in Denmark? Are they not allow you to pay tuition fee in instalment?

have you not heard about money lodgement? A move that provides an express ground for refusal of visa by embassies.money lodgement is when you deposit a huge amount into your account for the purpose of presenting it to the embassy and if I should do that now that I have barely a week to submit my documents, it's a big risk. but have you seen anybody that did his own that way and scaled through? my brother Demaejy, I am at a big cross-road now. the school name is Copenhagen University and they allow a minimum of 7000 euro per semester of which the first semester must be paid by the applicant if admitted for him to be given full admission and also given the resident and work permit form which he would take to the embassy together wit other supporting documents. when studies start, the student must pay his tuition a month to the start of each new semester.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
morizboe:

have you not heard about money lodgement? A move that provides an express ground for refusal of visa by embassies.money lodgement is when you deposit a huge amount into your account for the purpose of presenting it to the embassy and if I should do that now that I have barely a week to submit my documents, it's a big risk. but have you seen anybody that did his own that way and scaled through? my brother Demaejy, I am at a big cross-road now. the school name is Copenhagen University and they allow a minimum of 7000 euro per semester of which the first semester must be paid by the applicant if admitted for him to be given full admission and also given the resident and work permit form which he would take to the embassy together wit other supporting documents. when studies start, the student must pay his tuition a month to the start of each new semester.

How do you expect to cope while in Denmark? I work and live in Denmark and will tell you that life is very expensive here as a student if you don't have a job. Also getting a job is tough if you don't understand Danish except you work for one of the few international companies, which requires you to have an internationally recognized university degree. You said you have paid tuition for the first semester but are you thinking of the payment of the second semester tuition? Why not apply to a university in Norway or Germany instead where the tuition is something you don't have to bother yourself about? Living in Europe is not as easy as people think so always be objective in making decision.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by morizboe: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
2good:

How do you expect to cope while in Denmark? I work and live in Denmark and will tell you that life is very expensive here as a student if you don't have a job. Also getting a job is tough if you don't understand Danish except you work for one of the few international companies, which requires you to have an internationally recognized university degree. You said you have paid tuition for the first semester but are you thinking of the payment of the second semester tuition? Why not apply to a university in Norway or Germany instead where the tuition is something you don't have to bother yourself about? Living in Europe is not as easy as people think so always be objective in making decision.

my brother I understand what you are saying fully. I applied at various schools across Europe. this school finally offered me admission. so what do you expect me to do?discard it and continue the application next year?I applied at university of Oslo, at Jacob university Bremen Germany and also at Copenhagen University which offered me the admission. what I want now is how to solve my present hurdle and move ahead. you survived it as a student and now at a greater height, so some other persons must survive it and you wouldn't tell me that you didn't face financial challenges at a time in Denmark. i have my plans. if you have an idea concerning my present hurdle, just lend me

2 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
2good:
Brother, but what's the next thing for him to do now? He has paid a tuition fee which means his mind is almost in Denmark, lets help a brother for a possible way out while in Denmark as you live there. Hence, we cannot say, maybe he is financially buoyant without depending on a student job.

@Morizboe, i know you might have been in a state of confusion now, but worry not, you will surely have a way out. I heard of money lodgement and however, if you don't transfer the money into your account, what's the next thing to do? Then, did you read it on Danish embassy website that the money must be in your own account?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by morizboe: 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
Demaejy:
Brother, but what's the next thing for him to do now? He has paid a tuition fee which means his mind is almost in Denmark, lets help a brother for a possible way out while in Denmark as you live there. Hence, we cannot say, maybe he is financially buoyant without depending on a student job.

@Morizboe, i know you might have been in a state of confusion now, but worry not, you will surely have a way out. I heard of money lodgement and however, if you don't transfer the money into your account, what's the next thing to do? Then, did you read it on Danish embassy website that the money must be in your own account?

yes it's even written in the resident and work permit form sent to me. they repeatedly said that "an applicant has to present a bank statement in 'his name' that he can support him self through his study years" and the account must show DKK 2445 per month. when I visited dannish embassy at Asokoro Abj, to
make some inquiries, the receptionist there
also said that to me.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by morizboe: 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
morizboe:

yes it's even written in the resident and work permit form sent to me. they repeatedly said that "an applicant has to present a bank statement in 'his name' that he can support him self through his study years" and the account must show DKK 2445 per month. when I visited dannish embassy at Asokoro Abj, to
make some inquiries, the receptionist there
also said that to me.

they also wrote that an applicant can present a financial proof in the form of "grant" or "scholarship". who knows how a grant can be prepared. I will visit my bank for inquiries tomorrow. but can it be a good decision
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
morizboe:

they also wrote that an applicant can present a financial proof in the form of "grant" or "scholarship". who knows how a grant can be prepared. I will visit my bank for inquiries tomorrow. but can it be a good decision
Oh that's a big issue if applicants are to show a statement of account with his/her own name. I guess you are going for Masters? You'ar better for the Netherlands i tell you, though you will be required to pay all the estimated fees once but you will not be stressed like this. Lets see how it goes from your bank.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 10, 2013
@Morizboe- Bro, how far about your application regarding the statement of account you used? Please give us a feedback how you later did it...
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by suxes2005(m): 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
So I just read this threa from a-z.

All I can say is that if you haev N3M with you,
you can get your Netherland study visa easily - prodided
you have been admitted by a uni.

The main reason why I was searching this thread was the issue
of cheap university in the schengen area. I guess the best information
has to do with Germany - you pay 1.6 (which is yours) and you easily get
your visa.

But there are some people that can only afford to be paying the fees yearly
that is the uni fees. So if anyone here knows of any schengen country that takes
2-3k euro per year for bsc studies, kindly help others please.

p.desmond, hope you're enjoying your stay there?

SHALOM
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2013
suxes2005: So I just read this threa from a-z.

your visa.

that is the uni fees. So if anyone here knows of any[b] schengen country that takes
2-3k euro per year for bsc studies[/b] kindly help others please.

SHALOM
Suxes05 the SHALOM Man, lol.
Have replied you in the other thread but for 2-3k Euro/year, try Czech, Poland , Hungary, Latvia, Austria, Belgium etc you see them plenty...
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 8:28pm On Aug 04, 2013
suxes2005: So I just read this threa from a-z.

your visa.

that is the uni fees. So if anyone here knows of any schengen country that takes
2-3k euro per year for bsc studies, kindly help others please.

SHALOM

Thanks suxes, Yes edu is alright. Regarding recent findings, there are couple of unis in NL that offers Masters for International students and also some unis do offer scholarship of approximately 3000 euro per year, bring down the tuition fee to 4000 euro per year, so if its okay, then proceed, although I can see you seems to be a Visa agent. Iceland is equally offering some Bsc on free edu, school of art in Estonia as well, but I don't know if its still running. Hope I have been helpful. Peace...!!!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by drake107: 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
While triyng to get admission at netherlands universities one should also consider the follwoing universities

http://internationalstudentsguide.org/3-cheapest-universities-netherlands/

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Mikkyboy(m): 8:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
@2good pls I need to discuss something with you relating to NFP scholarships..pls you can get in touch with me through..my email;mikkyboy78@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by morizboe: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
Demaejy: @Morizboe- Bro, how far about your application regarding the statement of account you used? Please give us a feedback how you later did it...

Demaejy, N̶̲̅o vex that I've not replied your question for a long time. I later used my brother's statement of account (we don't bear the same surname). I used his personal statement of account and also his own company statement of account- all from 5 different banks and he wrote a sponsorship letter which bears him as my uncle.

Luckily, I got the student visa on Friday but the problem I have now is flight. All the airlines I have checked are refusing me to book a flight with them on the ground that my visa is not a schengen visa, and thus I would not be allowed to enter their first port of call before going to Denmark. KLM,British air,lufthansa all gave me the same response.

is there any airline tha goes directly to Denmark or which will not demand for a transit visa from me? Am right now at abuja but wouldn't mind travelling to Lagos to baord any available direct flight. If you have any information about this kindly pass it to me.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2013
morizboe:

Demaejy, N̶̲̅o vex that I've not replied your question for a long time. I later used my brother's statement of account (we don't bear the same surname). I used his personal statement of account and also his own company statement of account- all from 5 different banks and he wrote a sponsorship letter which bears him as my uncle.

Luckily, I got the student visa on Friday but the problem I have now is flight. All the airlines I have checked are refusing me to book a flight with them on the ground that my visa is not a schengen visa, and thus I would not be allowed to enter their first port of call before going to Denmark. KLM,British air,lufthansa all gave me the same response.

is there any airline tha goes directly to Denmark or which will not demand for a transit visa from me? Am right now at abuja but wouldn't mind travelling to Lagos to baord any available direct flight. If you have any information about this kindly pass it to me.

Emirate airline does not require a transit visa. You will only have to fly a very long journey first to Dubai and then to Copenhagen, Denmark. Also take note that transit time between Dubai and Copenhagen might run into several hours and Denmark is currently very very cold. All the best and good luck.
http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by morizboe: 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
2good:

Emirate airline does not require a transit visa. You will only have to fly a very long journey first to Dubai and then to Copenhagen, Denmark. Also take note that transit time between Dubai and Copenhagen might run into several hours and Denmark is currently very very cold. All the best and good luck.
http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/

Thank you very much for the information. Let me check if they operate at abuja here, so that I will book with them...... Like what degree iis the cold there now? Well, I've got some sweaters already but would be grateful if you still furnish me with other necessary items I should equip my self with against the weather there.

School has started since 1st September and I've missed out all these while. My department has even written the 1st block exam. I just need to work harder and start with them in the 2nd block.

Let me look at the site you gave to me. Thanks
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by morizboe: 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
morizboe:

Also he fixed-deposited 2 mil naira into my personal account which I attached the certificate in my application as evidence 'in my own name' for means of sustenance and also he mentioned it in the sponsorship letter that it's solely for the purpose of my education, that he deposited it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (52) (Reply)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.