Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:33 AM

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (207824 Views)

How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / Getting Admission To Study Free In Tbilis Georgia / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2012
@newacca,

I thought they said that getting Canada Student Visa is really difficult. What do you think about the procedures?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by ToritseO: 6:46pm On Jan 27, 2012
2good and Megastu, does the IND require additional prove of financial competence {like a funded account on the student's name for his monthly upkeep-} after the student have fulfilled the obligation of paying his tuition fee into the university's bank account before they {IND} issue him the initial one year resident permit on arrival at the Netherlands?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by biodun2434: 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Newacca,Wassup Bro,I have been reading your post since i Joined this Forum few weeks ago,

I am actually applying for a master's or pre master's program in Canada,I am so Optimistic that i will get acceptance letter from them, My Question: Can I apply to Canadian embassy in South Africa with Nigeria Passport?, Please,i would love to read from you Soon So as to decide on next plan,
Thanks Boss,
Biodun
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by newacca: 7:20pm On Jan 28, 2012
@p.desmond,
NO. I don't believe Canada study visa is difficult. If u have the required dox and u package ur application well,u are good to go.It is just that Canadian embassy in Nigeria takes a lot of time to process study visa. It sometimes take 4 to 5 months to receive any response from the embassy after ur visa application.

@biodun2434,

It depends on ur immigration status in South Africa. are u a permanent residence there? I think u shld be able to apply with Nigerian passport in SA if you are permanent resident in SA. Plus,u can ask this question on travelling to canada thread2
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by influential01: 4:27pm On Mar 09, 2012
@justwise is neco examination result accepted for netherland university admission?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:31am On Mar 15, 2012
@influential01,

I guess its acceptable. Very soon Acceptance Letters will be issued out to those who have Applied.

What do you guys think of Erasmus University, Rotterdam? Need you guys with experience to comment more on these. God bless.......
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by henrychubayo: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
justwise:

Thanks for clearing that up.
Sorry bro but i have a different view or opinion to yours. Years back when i got admission, they ask me to pay the fees so that they can apply for MVV for me. I enquired more and find out that it takes time for application for resident permit to be approve in netherland and so all the schools approached the immigration of netherlands and ask of different visa for students and thats why MVV comes to play and was approved. If you hold an MVV, you will still apply for permanent residence when you reach there. Also in the money that you will pay, you will see a colume that states that 250(fees then 2009) is for mvv made on your behalf. So we need to get info more before we advice
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2012
@ Henry,

Thank you for your reply. I received a Letter of Acceptance on Friday from the University. They are demanding 13,000 Euros for Financial Guarantee which have to be paid into their Account, from there Tuition Fee will be withdrawn and Visa + Resident Permit Fee, they will apply for the Visa on my behalf that they guaranteed. And the rest of the money will be refunded into my account at my arrival. What do you think?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2012
@p.desmond
are u finally done Toefl b4 u granted admissn?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by henrychubayo: 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2012
p.desmond:
@ Henry,

Thank you for your reply. I received a Letter of Acceptance on Friday from the University. They are demanding 13,000 Euros for Financial Guarantee which have to be paid into their Account, from there Tuition Fee will be withdrawn and Visa + Resident Permit Fee, they will apply for the Visa on my behalf that they guaranteed. And the rest of the money will be refunded into my account at my arrival. What do you think?

Sorry bro that i didn't reply on time. But what the university said is in accordance with the agreement they signed with netherland immigration. I was told the same thing years back but i had no money and so i missed out. If you pay, the will issue you receipt and apply 4 mvv for you and if approved( must be approved if you pay the fees), u will collect it and when u finaly arrive, the money will be used to open and account 4 you. Plz call the embassy if in want more info on that issue. If you have a friend in holland, he can still highlight you more on these issue
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by futurewise11(m): 11:25pm On Mar 24, 2012
2good: Dont come to the Netherlands to school if you dont have a source of paying atleast your first year tuition and cost of living. You wont even get the visa except you prove you have enough money to finance your education for the first year, which you must transfer to a dutch bank. Tuition in Delft University of Technology is 12,500 euros per year which is 25000 euros for the 2years or 5,250,000 naira for tuition alone without living expenses which is also as expensive as the yearly tuition.
Forget about hustling as a student because your work permit states you are not allowed to work more than I think 10hrs per week which  requires your ability to speak dutch, except during the summer when you can work full time. In summary you will suffer if you are planning to come here to study and pay your fees and bills through hustling. Just an advice.
I think u are wrong.I got this info from someone in holland.you can work but the timee is restricted to 10hrs per week and u cant work and its not a must that u speak dutch before u get work.but its good you understand the native language.mind you its either you work full time in the summer or part time for 10hrs per week you can't do the same together.its ur employer that will apply for work permit not your school or yourself,which takes 3-4 weeks to come out.there's also black market and there salary is usually high but if your company is caught they will be fine heavily and you may
Loose your residence permit.

2 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 10:25pm On Mar 26, 2012
@Demaejy,

Yes i wrote TOEFL ibt and my score was 105. I got Acceptance Letter and today the immigration international office gave me the A-Form, VVR, e.t.c so am required to fill them in and while returning those needed in hard-copy should be sent through postal. Whats little difficult now is the 13,000 Euros.

Please Nlanders, i today also received a Letter of Acceptance from Denmark University and their tuition fee is around 1.2m or thereabouts. I really need to know what you guys suggest that i should do. Whats the Danish Visa Procedure like? I really need your assistance.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 29, 2012
P.desmond

wel,u ve riched certain stage in ur admissn processing, if nt i wud hv advised u 2 try anoda country,2 me netherland,denmark tuion fee is too much....bt if u capable of paying d money i thnk no problem!!!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2012
Demaejy,

Please i need to know why you thought so? I do intend to transfer from Netherlands University to Norway or Germany after my first year or another cheaper School. Why am going for Netherlands is because of their Visa issues, i hate all these Visa stress and cases that usually come up from many Universities. Please i need your idea.

@2good, megastu, henry

Please i need to know your suggestions
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2012
P.desmond,

man need to b adventorous anytym! D same thing was applicable to in Jan,when i got admissn in2 university of Nicosia where 2 pay 11,500 euro though i gt 35% schlshp bt has lez effective on d tution.so i dont waste my rather i ignored it.....Norway has high cost of living.infact ,i also still searching to get a country wt low tution and i thnk we can do it together. Tryn take a research to eastern euro...........plz house,those dt hv been to these countries shld put mor light 2 it for us. Kip Updating any info u gt!!!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2012
With regards to visa stress or no stress,,i count it flimsy. Do u thnk when u gt abroad u wil nt be stressed at first? So, all dz re challege as a man.u knw travelin abroad need a lot of patience. Abt relocatn,u knw human being alwayz behind its desire. Are u capable of paying d money or u wnt 2 look anoda sch elsewhere?? So i wnt u 2 b strong n nt relax.. ..hwever,i also stil on makn research.plz dont hesitate 2 update me new !
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by fili24: 5:07pm On Mar 29, 2012
@ p.desmond
you're missing something i guess
your tuition fee is different from the living/accommodation cost
and as I know in many European countries u have to deposit some amt of money
in your personal account for the immigration of the country to issue
your resident permit..my broda is studying (tuition free) in Germany, but
he still deposited 1.6m naira in his German account b4 his resident/work permit
was granted.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
Plz which sch is ur broda studying?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by fili24: 10:07am On Mar 30, 2012
university of leipzig

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:51am On Mar 30, 2012
@Fili24,

I understand but you seems not to understand me. I mean is it gonna be possible for me to transfer from Netherlands University to Germany University after my first year or thereabouts? Yes i can afford my tuition fee, accommodation and other expenses for 1 year, so i need to leave for cheaper school, what do you advise?

@Demaejy,

Which country are you already in? Cyprus is the cheapest tuition i have ever seen in Europe. Anywhere i really need to know about transferring from one Country to another via School.

Please guys do share your knowledge, don't keep silent please....
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2012
@p.desmond,

I'm in Nig,anyway cyprus is not d cheapest ,there r anoda cheapest country in euro bt am yet 2 discover them...i thnk its possible,if ur university has partner in Germany...u can google it 2 c if dey hv agreemnt wit anoda sch in germany or any country wt cheaper tution
gud luck!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 1:51am On Mar 31, 2012
Demaejy,

I don't know about the School, but i do intend doing it by myself without involving the University. What do you think?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 4:12am On Mar 31, 2012
P.desmond

u hv 2 google it to c ur sch partners. Doing it ursev,i think dats illegal without sch consent...and it may also b harder 2 do it ursev!!!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Tundepraise(m): 8:48am On Mar 31, 2012
@2good, i really do appreciate & enjoy d trend of ur brilliant comments here, sir it is on ds note i would request ur candid advice on my on going study plans. I am a graduate of sociology with a CGPA of 4.45 considering my choice of masters in either germany, canada, netherland, russia- any good country with a very cheap tuition fee. Sir, i know there are varing requirements but going by ur suggestions what are d stages involved in securing admission for i am a novice in this regard. How long wld it take me to do d processing, register& write toefl,ELTS if neccessary? I await ur reply on emmanuelilori@gmail.com. Many thanks!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2012
@tunde,

Firstly Netherlands is not in anywhere near cheap, its among the most expensive tuition fees in Europe, although mostly go for it because of their Visa and Resident Permit assistance.

@2good & Megastu please your many advise is needed
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Tundepraise(m): 7:45pm On Mar 31, 2012
@p.desmond
Thanks for that info, bros i still need ur precious advice from ur wealth of experience. Pls assist me with every needed information!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by fili24: 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2012
@ p.desmond
you cannot make a transfer without a resident permit
and students normally get their resident p at the middle
or close to end of the first semester.

Secondly, Government owned universities are tuition free in Germany
but also u will need to deposit that 1.6m naira in your personal acc
b4 u can study in Germany also.

you cannot transfer to Germany without getting a permit to study in Germany.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by fili24: 9:38pm On Mar 31, 2012
@ p.desmond
Yes it is possible to transfer to Germany from the Netherlands
when you're within the Eu countries, you only need another resident p
for u to study and work in Germany.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 12:30am On Apr 01, 2012
@Fili24,

Yes i understand. What if my Resident Permit is still Valid for like 4months can i transfer to Germany University? Must i still have 1.6m in my Bank Account if am Transferring from Netherlands since am already a student with a Valid Resident Permit? Please explain more to the lame man's knowledge. Thank you.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 12:32am On Apr 01, 2012
@ Tunde,

Do ask your questions, if i have the necessary information i will give you a step by step information.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Tundepraise(m): 8:32am On Apr 01, 2012
@p.desmond, bros, what are the basic requirements to study in tuition free university in germany. Also do u know any tuition free/ least tuition universities in Europe where opportunies are abound?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 01, 2012
Rostock and liepzig university are tution free dt i knw for nw,though rostock conductn lectures in german bt i dont knw medium of teachn in liepzig........there re stil many sch wt low tution wt les dn or xctly €1000 euro pa yr.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.