Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,910 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (208672 Views)

How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / Getting Admission To Study Free In Tbilis Georgia / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 7:41pm On Aug 03, 2012
wurajone:
I'm currently studying in University of Amsterdam.didn't have problem with my admission,though I've been living in the netherlands before I got admitted to the school.if there's any way I can help you,maybe in other school in netherlands.let me know.

Hi wurajone,

Am glad to know you are studying at University of Amsterdam, are you a permanent resident of Netherlands? Please can you give me some cue how life is over there when it comes to people, environment, characters, work, fun, etc. I will be going to Embassy for my MVV Visa. Do you know about Assen? Hope to read from you soon, tnx for coming in.........
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Iceslizer(f): 9:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
There are affordable guesthouses around maitama, like 5-7k. I wouldnt suggest you lodge into a hotel cos of the cost. A guesthouse is better, you just need to take a 10mins drive to your destination, abuja city is small so no long distances.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
Can you give me some names of the guesthouse so I can know how to ask once am there. Thank you babe. You really full of ideas.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Iceslizer(f): 10:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
I know of ritman hotels in area 8 not so far from maitama. Dont mind the name, its just a guest house and you can get a room for 6k there. I'll still scout for more when i go out tomorrow and inform you ok..
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 10:43pm On Aug 03, 2012
Iceslizer: I know of ritman hotels in area 8 not so far from maitama. Dont mind the name, its just a guest house and you can get a room for 6k there. I'll still scout for more when i go out tomorrow and inform you ok..

Thank you, I will appreciate.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by wurajone(f): 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
p.desmond:

Hi wurajone,

Am glad to know you are studying at University of Amsterdam, are you a permanent resident of Netherlands? Please can you give me some cue how life is over there when it comes to people, environment, characters, work, fun, etc. I will be going to Embassy for my MVV Visa. Do you know about Assen? Hope to read from you soon, tnx for coming in.........
I'm sorry I'm replying late,got to get some things fixed,about netherlands,I can only talk about amsterdam cos I've stayed more than five yrs here and I can say amsterdam is a city of tolerance and diversity, It has all the advantages of a big city,culture, nightlife, international restaurants, good transport,reasonable school fees,not easy getting a job though as a non-dutch speaker,apartments depends on the location, The good thing is that 90% of people speak English, It is a fascinating place and the people are really the nicest I've ever encountered, I've travelled a few places abroad prior to this but even when I compare it to Paris (another nice place to visit)there is really no comparison. There are several races and nationalities that live in Amsterdam and somehow, they all live among each other with very little racism, A huge population ride bicycles and walk instead of filling the air with emissions from cars.as for fun,Amsterdam is Fun!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
wurajone:
I'm sorry I'm replying late,got to get some things fixed,about netherlands,I can only talk about amsterdam cos I've stayed more than five yrs here and I can say amsterdam is a city of tolerance and diversity, It has all the advantages of a big city,culture, nightlife, international restaurants, good transport,reasonable school fees,not easy getting a job though as a non-dutch speaker,apartments depends on the location, The good thing is that 90% of people speak English, It is a fascinating place and the people are really the nicest I've ever encountered, I've travelled a few places abroad prior to this but even when I compare it to Paris (another nice place to visit)there is really no comparison. There are several races and nationalities that live in Amsterdam and somehow, they all live among each other with very little racism, A huge population ride bicycles and walk instead of filling the air with emissions from cars.as for fun,Amsterdam is Fun!!!

Thanks for your update. I will be studying at Assen, Drenthe. I really don't know anything about them, I was told that dutch women are proper set of racists in Assen, Drenthe. I wish you can comment on that. How much is their minimum/maximum wages? Thanks for your information. Hope to read more
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by wurajone(f): 12:48am On Aug 04, 2012
p.desmond:

Thanks for your update. I will be studying at Assen, Drenthe. I really don't know anything about them, I was told that dutch women are proper set of racists in Assen, Drenthe. I wish you can comment on that. How much is their minimum/maximum wages? Thanks for your information. Hope to read more

Visit Assen many times,and I have a very close pal in Pittelo about 2 kilometres from Assen,I visit there often.Statistically racism Is everywhere(that shouldn't bother you much)minimum wage is about €1,450.00/mnth (#290,520.87).
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 7:41am On Aug 04, 2012
wurajone:

Visit Assen many times,and I have a very close pal in Pittelo about 2 kilometres from Assen,I visit there often.Statistically racism Is everywhere(that shouldn't bother you much)minimum wage is about €1,450.00/mnth (#290,520.87).

Thank you lots, what is life like over there when you went visiting? Do you classify it as a big city or close to been a big one? Do you know of employment over there as well? Tnx for your quick reply.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by wurajone(f): 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
p.desmond:

Thank you lots, what is life like over there when you went visiting? Do you classify it as a big city or close to been a big one? Do you know of employment over there as well? Tnx for your quick reply.
To me,Its a Pleasant city, great centre,enough shops, a few nice pubs. its not really that big ,but progressing as a big city,this is where many Dutch people head for their cycling holidays.
It is a great city to live in, surrounded by beautiful forests and canals, the city centre has everything you could want.don't really know about employment in assen,its not easy to get job anywhere in europe especially when you don't speak dutch,but be hopeful.

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2012
wurajone:
To me,Its a Pleasant city, great centre,enough shops, a few nice pubs. its not really that big ,but progressing as a big city,this is where many Dutch people head for their cycling holidays.
It is a great city to live in, surrounded by beautiful forests and canals, the city centre has everything you could want.don't really know about employment in assen,its not easy to get job anywhere in europe especially when you don't speak dutch,but be hopeful.

Wow, the pics looks good. Its seems there are just 3 Universities in Drenthe. I have made few research on accommodation. My friend stays at Groningen. Thanks for the info, I will keep those in mind. Nice weekend....
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by wurajone(f): 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
p.desmond:

Wow, the pics looks good. Its seems there are just 3 Universities in Drenthe. I have made few research on accommodation. My friend stays at Groningen. Thanks for the info, I will keep those in mind. Nice weekend....
You can also go through this thread for more info:

www.nairaland.com/1009166/students-coming-netherlands-things-should-know
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
wurajone:
You can also go through this thread for more info:

www.nairaland.com/1009166/students-coming-netherlands-things-should-know

Oh that's great, I read through the link, although the school magazine gave similar details, but yours went little depth of it. Are you on messenger of any kind? BB, YIM, etc?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by wurajone(f): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2012
p.desmond:

Oh that's great, I read through the link, although the school magazine gave similar details, but yours went little depth of it. Are you on messenger of any kind? BB, YIM, etc?
Drop your pin or your YIM, will add you
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
wurajone:
Drop your pin or your YIM, will add you

Here's my pin, , I will give you my YIM when you add me.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by emmerks(m): 11:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
@wurajone,
Thanks for ur reply I will really appreciate ur assistance, most especially since the person who wants to accomodate me over there is in amsterdam. I don't mind other cities though.

@pdesmond,
Thanks for the link u gave me. Ve applied in some of the schools and look forward to ur assistance.

My response is coming late cause I nearly gave up, but with ur response, I think there's still hope.

Pls wurajone I will really appreciate ur assistance.
My pin is 21BF5CC9
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by wurajone(f): 1:05am On Aug 05, 2012
emmerks: @wurajone,
Thanks for ur reply I will really appreciate ur assistance, most especially since the person who wants to accomodate me over there is in amsterdam. I don't mind other cities though.

@pdesmond,
Thanks for the link u gave me. Ve applied in some of the schools and look forward to ur assistance.

My response is coming late cause I nearly gave up, but with ur response, I think there's still hope.

My pin is 21BF5CC9

Don't give up! You can do it.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 3:01am On Aug 05, 2012
emmerks: @wurajone,

@pdesmond,

My pin is 21BF5CC9

Believe me bro, nothing is impossible, but you have to keep praying, its the only key now. The link I gave you, please send as many applications as possible because most of them accept application via online, first of all go to a Notary public and notarize all your documents so that when you forward it to them you can state in your email that its notarized copies, they tend to believe more on that, that's my advise. I will keep sourcing more for you. Try check out www.tio.nl they give their decision within 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by emmerks(m): 4:11am On Aug 05, 2012
Thanks
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by emmerks(m): 4:47am On Aug 05, 2012
Admission has closed in all the institutions, does it mean I ve to what till september next year? Is it possible I get an admission late this year or early next year.

From research I discovered some schools have intake of october while some feb, is it possible I get any of such.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 10:35am On Aug 05, 2012
emmerks: Admission has closed in all the institutions, does it mean I ve to what till september next year? Is it possible I get an admission late this year or early next year.

From research I discovered some schools have intake of october while some feb, is it possible I get any of such.

No you don't have to wait till Sept next year, Admission will be starting by October against studies commencing on Feb next year. You just have to ask the schools if they admit by Feb next year.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 10:47am On Aug 08, 2012
Hi guys, am happy to inform you that I have just collected my MVV Visa 1 year multiple entry type D with no questions asked. To God be the glory.

5 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by africarep1(m): 10:48am On Aug 08, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,

I have just been Issued the MVV Visa. I am to begin my studies 1st of september but students are to be there before 27th of August. I just want to get out of here as soon as possible lol. Am i allowed to travel to Netherlands before 27th of August? Just want to be there and make arrangement for myself as its going to be a new environment for me. Please i 'd somebody to throw me a light!!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Iceslizer(f): 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2012
CONGRATS P.DESMOND! I knew you'll make it! Keep us updated of your experiences over there and pray for God's grace for me as I apply for my UK visa.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
p.desmond:
Hi guys, am happy to inform you that I have just collected my MVV Visa 1 year multiple entry type D with no questions asked. To God be the glory.
wow,desmond this is so great. Am vry happy for you,enjoy ur stay in Netherland...all da bst
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Iceslizer(f): 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
P. Desmond are you the same as african rep?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by africarep1(m): 1:35pm On Aug 08, 2012
Nope... African rep is different. Desmond@ are you good to go now? o
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 6:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
Iceslizer: CONGRATS P.DESMOND! I knew you'll make it! Keep us updated of your experiences over there and pray for God's grace for me as I apply for my UK visa.

Iceslizer, dearie thanks, I wish you all the best, hope to come visiting u in UK this Christmas, lolz, God bless you lots, 100% Visa Guaranteed for you.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
Iceslizer: P. Desmond are you the same as african rep?

Babe no am not, am wondering as well as you are.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
africa_rep: Nope... African rep is different. Desmond@ are you good to go now? o

Yes iam, when and were did you go for your collection? Which city will you be studying? Have fun
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2012
Demaejy:
wow,desmond this is so great. Am vry happy for you,enjoy ur stay in Netherland...all da bst

Tnx bro, wish u all d best too, keep me updated with your processing. God bless.......
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Iceslizer(f): 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
thank you p. desmond. i have no fear cos i know God is in control. the school confirmed receipt of my payment today so ill be expecting my CAS letter next week and hopefully apply the next day for my visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (52) (Reply)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.