Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists (16350 Views)

Revert Petrol Price Back To N65 from N97 - Nlc Blasts Gej / Fg Agrees To N65 / Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by beafroast: 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2012
***coffs to clear my throat***
no nid to dey
curse OGA JONA like dis nah.
I blve sey all or most of una wey dey yarn now vote for OGA JONA. Ehn no cos for alarm,shebi d man promise 'TRANSFORMATION' . na d tin be dis nah. Make una giam chance to transform una lives nah.
Anyways,FRESH AIR!
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2012
There is no going back. CPC and ACN party is going on daily at Gani's arena I guess,
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2012
life_style:

Reduce Government officials pay by 50 %, Tackle corruption, Build refineries, create jobs  for the people then remove Fuel subsidy.lipsrsealed

now if you were a government official, would you like your salary to be halved?
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by dmainboss: 5:33pm On Jan 11, 2012
[size=18pt]I thought they said this guy is weak? hmmmmm. I warned them about Ijaw men. Never say an Ijaw man is weak just because he is calm. You will be making the mistake of your life. I am watching but I know GEJ has the last punch in this battle and it could be a deadly one. You all might not only loose subsidy. You might loose the whole oil revenue completely and you might have to build your new countries from the scratch. I pray it doesnt happen though because it will be a long drawn war but i have this feeling we might be heading to that door[/size]
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 11, 2012
GEJ; may I give an elderly addage "those who d gods want 2 kill they 1st make them go mad"
I'll be glad 2 lead d rally against no more president jonathan, BE WARNED
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by kemmeye: 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2012
n.oxide:

No but then again it's for the people and a good government does what the people want because in this case he is a democratic government and his people are hurting his people should not hurt he ne er did anything to gain the trust of Nigerians in the first place
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2012
[size=14pt]it's not an issue of weakness, or Ijaw men. the thing is that the subsidy has been removed and everyone, including those who dont know what it entails, are crying fowl[/size]
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2012
kemmeye:

No[size=14pt] but then again it's for the people[/size] and a good government does what the people want because in this case he is a democratic government and his people are hurting his people should not hurt he ne er did anything to gain the trust of Nigerians in the first place

you said it yourself, d removal is also for the people, and the people do not understand the benefits yet. . . many are just being brainwashed, you can imagine someone asking for a civil war. (anyone who has survived a war, will rather die than experience another)
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by ignis: 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2012
Is this GEJ of a man in his right senses?
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2012
@born2fuck, exactly my stance in this whole saga!
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by purefella(m): 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2012
Stop the strike and protest lets go fasting and prayer he can die he is a human being
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by kemmeye: 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2012
n.oxide:

you said it yourself, d removal is also for the people, and the people do not understand the benefits yet. . . many are just being brainwashed, you can imagine someone asking for a civil war. (anyone who has survived a war, will rather die than experience another)

But think about it what solution did he put in place how will 1600 buses help the average Nigerian lives on below2 dollars a day how will he afford gas besides he should have let the people know long b4 doing this so that they could prepare the people are hurting and that's not good no one cates at this point if heis trying to make the country better because at this point he has driven the price of everything up and not a logic people can Affird what they were able to afford last year. The oil subsidy has helped in a way on the long run and you cant just yank it away overnight. Lol and about the civil war whoever said that is just dumb maybe if he solved the isdueof book haram it won't even be as complicated in conclusion he is not a good president and does not know how to run the countr but then again an average Nigerian is a thief lol
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2012
chei!

this man deserves an award! see how he managed to squander goodwill in less than 6 months
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by lifestyle1(m): 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2012
n.oxide:

No!
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by kemmeye: 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2012
purefella:

Stop the strike and protest lets go fasting and prayer he can die he is a human being

haven't Nigerians being doing that since the time of obasanjo you can't just fast and pray you also have to do something about it so yh that alone won't help
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by tetrabrik: 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2012
He is prolly tired of governance and the blame game. He is sold his heart to the devil. Let he be ousted if the people want!
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by paulbesi: 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2012
jonathan should have a rethink and do what is right.the masses voted him in and he should respect them but if he chooses not to respect them,he should be ready to face what ever he sees.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2012
n.oxide:

Stupid question.what justification does a senator has to earn about 50 million a month ?
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Slimchase(m): 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2012
Nice 1 GEJ !!
NO SHAKING MR PRESIDO !!
No Harm shall ever befall u ooo ! , Amen !
It is enough of some CABALS embezelln d Money dat is meant for ME and U 2 better our Lives.
Infact , we shuld PRAISE Gej 4 taking d Bull by d Horn by removing d NON~SENSE FUEL SUBSIDY !!
D idea of Monkey de WORK , Baboon de CHOP is becoming so glaring, It is true dat d Removal is A GOOD DEED perfected @ d WRONG time , we all hav 2 bear it in GOOD faith cos d Deed is already done ! Needless of Closing d Stable after d Horse has already been stollen !
I strongly believe dat with time , all gonna be WELL, We are NIGERIANS , LETZ BUILD OUR DEAR BLESSED COUNTRY !
GOD BLESS NIGERIA, Amen !!!!
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 11, 2012
@na_joke: good thinking, good talk. Hews is the name of a lost leader, for he will never hear the whistle of his followers. GEJ is bidding us farewell to GALILI.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by sweet9ja: 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2012
dmainboss:

[size=18pt]I thought they said this guy is weak? hmmmmm. I warned them about Ijaw men. Never say an Ijaw man is weak just because he is calm. You will be making the mistake of your life. I am watching but I know GEJ has the last punch in this battle and it could be a deadly one. You all might not only loose subsidy. You might loose the whole oil revenue completely and you might have to build your new countries from the scratch. I pray it doesnt happen though because it will be a long drawn war but i have this feeling we might be heading to that door[/size]
Leave them, blind man know 'im way o. In the end we'll know if GEJ was really weak or dull or his distractors were simply foolish and shallow minded to have hastily written him off.
I think this guy has the aces and has outsmarted them all. a dey lafooo (in swahili).
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Daytonbale: 6:10pm On Jan 11, 2012
@Slimchase  your mad u don't know what Nigerians is passing through
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by kheart(m): 6:14pm On Jan 11, 2012
Oh oh I dey vex, how I wish I fit comot person wey I dey watch for tv. This Maku guy for. Hear weh. The guy go they vanor rubbish comot for mout n will be smiling. This statement ve confirm the fear of nigns that the whole subcidy removal is an imf policies on nign mases.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by anonimos: 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2012
THE TRUE STORY THE GOVT WON’T TELL YOU[size=12pt][/size]

Nigeria . . . 2011. The Govt. suddenly realised that it had a debt burden that was potentially going to throw it into an economic crisis. On ‘critical analysis’ of the country’s expenditure, they realised they were spending so much on fuel subsidy for the masses.
WHY was it so much? CORRUPTION associated with the importation of the fuel,inefficiency and ineptitude of the Govt. to tackle it.
HOW can it be solved? OPTION ONE: Wage a major anti-corruption war against the CABAL using underhand practices to steal from the country’s commonwealth [corruption can NEVER be ELIMINATED. EVER! However, with sincerity of purpose of Govt., due diligence, hard work and efficiency, it can be reduced drastically]. This option was going to be too much hard work, they would step on toes (toes of the Govt, their friends and well-wishers included) and it was bound to be very messy. It was the HARD OPTION.
OPTION TWO: Eliminate fuel subsidy in its entirety and let the masses bear the cost. All in favour say Aye! . . .Aye!!! The Ayes had it. It
was unanimous! It was the EASY OPTION.

However, there was a catch! The Govt. could not sell that STORY to the people. Nigerians would not buy a story that they were being
impoverished because of a potential debt crisis. That they were being IMPOVERISHED because the Govt. could not fight corruption or ATTEMPT
to fight it. That they were being IMPOVERISHED because the Govt. could not cut down drastically on the COST OF GOVERNANCE. Borrowing the words of a man now in Govt., THE ECONOMISTS WOULD HAVE BEEN STONED.
So they had to cook up a story. A good one.

“Let’s tell them they are being cheated by a RICH CABAL,” they said. “That’s a story the poor would definitely buy. The Rich is stealing
your money. Let’s not tell them that we haven’t attempted to prosecute even ONE MEMBER OF THE RICH CABAL. Let’s not tell them that we are
INTERTWINED with this CABAL. Let’s tell them that we are going to take this money and re-invest it for infrastructural development. Let’s not
tell them that the money DOESN’T EXIST since we have only been borrowing this money and we want to stop borrowing it. Let’s tell them
that when the money is with THE GOVT and split to SEVERAL SECTORS and the THREE TIERS OF GOVT, we would manage it better and tackle the
corruption at ALL THESE LEVELS even if we couldn’t tackle the corruption in ONE SECTOR!!! Yes, let’s tell them.

"Let’s also tell them that when we remove this subsidy, SMUGGLING will stop and all the oil imported to Nigeria will stay in Nigeria. Let’s
not tell them that even after subsidy removal, smuggling will continue as long as there is a price differential. Let’s not tell them that we
are actually too LAZY, INEFFICIENT and CORRUPT to tackle smuggling at the source.
Let’s tell them that the pain is only temporary. Very temporary. That this is for the poor. Let’s not tell them that the POOR which we claim
to fight for are the people who will actually feel the pain. . .REAL LOSERS!!

Let’s hope the NIGERIAN FOOLS will believe this. Let’s tell them this is for the poor. Let’s tell them. All in favour say Aye! . . Aye!!! The Ayes had it! It was unanimous. It was a good STORY!

DISCLAIMER: I do not claim that every bit of this story is true, but it is my guess as to what the REAL STORY is, based on facts revealed
by the actors themselves, hidden truths in their statements, and COMMON SENSE. The ‘Nigerian fools’ are not gullible. . .They were not
counting on that. #OCCUPY.NIGERIA
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Davidmark2: 6:16pm On Jan 11, 2012
http://www.lrinvestments.in

On the link above is where i personally make some extra bucks, now i get to sit and and just re-invest!
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by EkoIle1: 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2012
Coming to a Cinema near you.

GEJ against the people of Nigeria.

Enjoy the movie with a bowl of FRESH AIR
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by babestella: 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2012
Occupy Nigeria, take power from sycophant in government, Jonathan must resign now or be impeached.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 11, 2012
There is more to this than he is communicating.

Communication is KEY in a non-autocratic rule. I pray he receives the wisdom to handle this situation better from here on out.

for one, IT DOES NOT NECESSARILY NEED TO BE REVERSED, JUST REDUCED BACK TO SOMETHING LIKE N80. THEN LITTLE BY LITTLE GIVE THE MASSES A REASON TO TRUST THIS BY HAVING VISIBLE RESULTS. THIS IS HOW YOU TAKE AWAY A MATTRESS FROM UNDER SOMEONE, NOT INSTANTLY. THIS AIN'T NORTH KOREA AND SHOCK = ANARCHY.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Chubhie: 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2012
Revolution is like wine and in it the masses renew their youth. It is not the revolution itself, but the mood it produces that the masses enjoy,and this mood is longed for because in it old and sacred feelings of patriotism are arouse, and these feelings are themselves survivals, something romantic and archaic. The politicians finally played into the hands of the masses. Let the sport begin.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by missuzoma: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2012
Old story. Clear from de beginning dat subsidy is gone forever. Already planning my post zero subsidy survival strategy.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by PointB: 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2012
I truly hope that GEJ will not capitulate on this one.
The masses are not necessarily correct. Stick to your guns GEJ, if heaven falls, it fall on all of us. If the hue and cry for cheap oil will ring a death tow to this contraption, so be it.

Subsidy removal should stand!
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by umechuma: 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2012
Corruption is biggest problem in Nigeria but most people protesting about fuel subsidy increase engage in corrupt activities everyday of their life.
All ex-governors that have been charged with corruption in Nigeria have the backing of their people and most even come to court and support them during their trial e.g Bola Tinubu ,Gbanga Daniel and co
Fuel subsidy most go for good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race / Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Nigerian Army Rescues 30 Persons From Boko Haram’s Captivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.