Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria (93871 Views)

FG Upgrades Four Colleges Of Education To Varsities / Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? / List Of Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by 33117(f): 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2012
hi guys please i am taking ume this year and because of the surprise that the medical aspirants experienced in the hands of uniben please i want to know ten other certified nigerian schools where i can study medicine and surgery thank you.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by godstino(m): 7:34pm On Jan 11, 2012
check any of the following institutions

1. unibadan(choose this school only when your o level is full of distinctions)
2.oau ife
3.unilorin
4.abu
5.unilag
6.lasu(choose only when your pocket is fat)
7.delsu
8.ndu bayelsa
9.aau ekpoma(they cud be cunny sometimes).

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Kingzy4pep(m): 11:41am On Jan 12, 2012
Dèlsu iz okay, bt competition is much, & na reading things all through. Mostly inportantly, first choice only.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Vicjay1(m): 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2012
Pls i need help. I filled Uniben 4 dis year jamb to study medicine and surgery and i got to know they no longer accept medicine. I am thinking of changing it 4 madonna, igbenedion, aau and any other private skul. Pls i need advice. My email is Agbujie_victory@yahoo.com
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by godstino(m): 10:24pm On Jan 12, 2012
@vic igbinedion does not have medicine for now cos it was recently disacredited, i won't advise u to put aau cos its seems dier license has also be withdrawn and moreover, the competition is going to be high, y not consider the schools listed above or check ur brochure, abuad is also a good private school to study though its costly.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by zerocool(m): 11:15pm On Jan 12, 2012
Lagos University Teaching Hospital.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Tobbie9(m): 7:00am On Jan 13, 2012
Vic-jay:

Pls i need help. I filled Uniben 4 dis year jamb to study medicine and surgery and i got to know they no longer accept medicine. I am thinking of changing it 4 madonna, igbenedion, aau and any other private skul. Pls i need advice. My email is Agbujie_victory@yahoo.com
Don't go to any private uni to study medicine they are too unstable and can lose their accreditation at any time.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Vicjay1(m): 8:00am On Jan 13, 2012
Thanks so far, 4 ur assistance. Oau is good but tribalistic, how true is that? My uncle and mum wants me to go to aau because its closser home and they have connections there. And i dnt like d skul (aau). I need help urgently pls.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by olawalebabs(m): 8:26am On Jan 13, 2012
Unilorin is a good bet for you any day any time.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by gokuu(m): 9:28am On Jan 13, 2012
The College of Medicine, University of Lagos/Lagos University teaching Hospital (CMUL/LUTH). But its a too competitive.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 13, 2012
Unilorin is ok!
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by shadrach77: 10:58am On Jan 15, 2012
LAUTECH grin grin
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by stolenstone: 11:04am On Jan 15, 2012
@Godstino, I agree with you on others but not on Niger Delta Univ bayelsa, they've not gotten full accreditation yet, as a matter of fact, they've not graduated any set yet. @poster, other institutions to consider include, UNN, UNIZIK, UNIPORT, EBSU, ABSU, ABU, UNIMAID, UDU, UNIJOS.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 15, 2012
My best advise is, none of the above. I suggest University of Calabar. You need to be there to see things for yourself
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Ogetogeo(m): 11:08am On Jan 15, 2012
Checkout UNIZIK but u must merit it.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by bntY: 11:10am On Jan 15, 2012
@olawalebab.why d unison clamour for unilorin?.my guess is u r either frm d town or its ur alma mata.pls confirm.
Note:i gat nothing against unilorin.UI is also a good school

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Atigba: 11:27am On Jan 15, 2012
I have Knowlege of all universities listed there, i will simply advice u to go for aau,nt because ur parents has connection there because the university colledge of medicine is alright,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by mekzyjoe(m): 11:49am On Jan 15, 2012
AAU is d best,,i graduated 4rm dere so i no watz up,,choose ekpoma one time, no mor cultism
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by sleekman(m): 12:00pm On Jan 15, 2012
@Poster if ure bright enuf and willing to work hard then I'll suggest u sit for SAT and apply for scholarships in the US. The best medical school in d country at d moment is Niger-Delta University in Bayelsa. They can compete favourably with the overseas counterparts because of d vast sums pumped in there by d current administration. Furthermore, they employing d best medical brains in d country. AAU, Igbinedion, Madonna is an absolute no for me. Uniben have over admitted so they need to clear their backlog.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by olawalebabs(m): 12:03pm On Jan 15, 2012
@bnty, the fact on ground today suggests unilorin is one of the best (if not the best) the facts speak for itself. Am also an alumni of that sch. ABU col of med is having accreditation problem right now, so they're not admitting.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Korrection(m): 12:05pm On Jan 15, 2012
@op, now you are confused, lol, how many schools would you want to go now, everyone wants you tho thier own, pray over it and you can decide where to go, just make up your mind and the Lord will lead you,
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by toideve(m): 12:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
i weep for uniben, unibest indeed!
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2012
@Op I know you are young and right now you might be thinking of paradise after studying medicine. Please why would someone spend 6yrs sorry nine including strike of his life studying medicine in naija? Please if you must study medicine look else where not naija. If you must study in naija look for something else. Am sure 20 years from today you will understand the message am trying to pass across.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Mojibola(m): 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2012
, unbelievably enuf, Olabisi Onabanjo University is also good in medicine.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2012
U.I it is , cases rejected in LUTH are brought to UCH , if you don't believe me ask the doctors in LUTH themselves.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2012
Unilorin is your best bet anytime.
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by narttis1: 12:39pm On Jan 15, 2012
university of maiduguri
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by olsmade(m): 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2012
woodcook:

@Op I know you are young and right now you might be thinking of paradise after studying medicine. Please why would someone spend 6yrs sorry nine including strike of his life studying medicine in naija? Please if you must study medicine look else where not naija. If you must study in naija look for something else. Am sure 20 years from today you will understand the message am trying to pass across.
woodcook:

Wrong, wrong, wrong
One of the best places to study medicine is in naija as it is relatively inexpensive, compared to schools in Europe n usa where u would av incurred a lot of debt by d tym u r graduating. N besides, graduates from these places that come back to Nigeria are not necessarily better than nigerian graduates (i av some of them from ukraine, russia etc as fellow interns). Nigerian graduates also do very well in the USMLE n plab. Despite all d strike wahala that plagued ASUU at the tym, i graduated in exactly 6yrs from the premieré though doctors from some other unis may av different stories.

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2012
woodcook:

After 4-5 years premed school outside and another 4-6 years in medical school, it makes no difference in terms of time

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2012
@OP,if you can read very well, brilliant and confident that you'l trounce your UME, please pick 0AU or UI.Those two schools I'l never sacrifice merit for any thing.OAU tribalistic? That's a capital NO my dear, its all about merit,merit and merit.Standard parameters are set for everyone (200 and above in UME plus a good o_levels at one sitting) then everyone is subjected to a the same assessment (post UME),results are released within 24hrs and cut_off points for admissions are set.As simple as that. Its all about merit!

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by solomon111(m): 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2012
See what the management of uniben has done to that great school.
Look at what the greed of some few people is doing to one of the best college of medicine in west africa,breaking the heart of thousands of aspiring medical students in Nigeria and abroad.
I just hope and pray something is done quickly.
It is too embarrasing!
Re: Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria by OtunbaGm: 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2012
After UI, then UNILORIN(cos they don't strike) and to validate my point. This two schs top d chart in d recent rankings of d first 100 universities in Africa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12 Animals That Can Stay Without Food For A Long Time / Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship / UNIBEN Student Murdered Inside Hall 3 (Caution: Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.