Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! (20621 Views)

Saraki : Senators Set For Stormy Session Tomorrow - Punch / Accident At Onipanu If You Heading Towards maryland / Buhari, Jonathan Send Joint Economic Team To World Bank Spring Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Gbawe: 11:21pm On Jan 11, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Who are the owners of the oil?

Don't mind the "spin and spell" rascal. One minute he wants to exploit the instruments of law and order to drag Buhari before an International court for crimes against humanity yet, next minute, he is showing himself up as a flagrant opponent of the rule of law in his own Country with how, against our constitution, he can arrogate ownership of oil to the States oil is extracted from in a federation. Shior.

Shameful how these pretend "looking-for-solution" folks are exposed to be nothing more than feudalists and ethnic jingoists. They certainly cannot be part of the solution if , at every junction, they want to wrongly [/b]remind the rest of Nigeria that they are "owners"[b] when the constitution makes it clear that all mineral wealth, wherever found within Nigeria, belongs to all Nigerians.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by olapluto(m): 11:22pm On Jan 11, 2012
Protests initiated by fuel subsidy removal, now anger is being turned on senators/politicians. Very soon, PDP, ACN, CPC, APGA offices will be touched. After that, Nigerians would have made a big bold statement. All politicians can then pack to Abuja and have armoured tanks in their convoy.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by aljharem(m): 11:22pm On Jan 11, 2012
jmaine:

Before they impeach . . .can they, the NASS members, slash their ridiculous alawee . . . and the impeachment sef is dicey . . . it's a delicate game, whose outcome mind be mind blowing . .  . . .

there is no impeachment

all he needs to do is further reduce the salaries of those nass and senate so the people would know the side he is on.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Beaf: 11:23pm On Jan 11, 2012
2mch:

if It is off shore and not in the ND. It belongs to Nigeria. So cry, make the cry kill you. Its on Nigerian seas, that oil is going no where. No be your papa farm.

And when we leave Nigeria for you phucks, shebi the oil will still belong to Nigeria? See comedy! grin
Get your lazy arses actually producing something. Actually ask your governor and LG chairman why they have to still depend on handouts after 51 years, instead of protesting for awuf that will mortgage the future of your kids.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by olapluto(m): 11:23pm On Jan 11, 2012
Oh, I thought someone said Tinubu instigated protests in S/W? Now you know better!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 11, 2012
Yeah provided it remains a fight against bad leadership and brazen acts of corruption by government officials, all I will say is acigaba da gashi!!! A luta continua!! cool cool
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by DanKan0: 11:24pm On Jan 11, 2012
Beaf:

And if the country splits, will you be coming for offsore oil from Kano and Ibadan? I can't fit laf!

let it split. That will get rid of the current rot for now abi. Then nobody can blame Yoruba/Hausa-fulani,Igbo when fresh rot appears in the new republics.  cool cool cool

Fresh AIR 2012 cool . Proud to be a Nigerian  cool
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 2mch(m): 11:24pm On Jan 11, 2012
Beaf:

And when we leave Nigeria for you phucks, shebi the oil will still belong to Nigeria? See comedy! grin
Get your lazy arses actually producing something. Actually ask your governor and LG chairman why they have to still depend on handouts after 51 years, instead of protesting for awuf that will mortgage the future of your kids.

Leave, yes call your boss to call SNC. So that we can see how the thing will end now. That is what we want. Call SNC and refund the difference betweekn 300 billion and 1 trillion. Mumu. FACT! Most of the oil is on the Nigerian seas. So the one you are trying to turn this into an ND thing, it has already failed. Any oil found on your land you can keep. Otherwise grin cheesy
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Akanbiedu(m): 11:25pm On Jan 11, 2012
2mch:

I really will like them to expantiate on that. considering the fact that most of the oil is far off shore. These people talk like they are a bit insane.

They are villagers really, a lot of them reason that way.

Oil that Nigeria as a country invested in its prospecting, exploration and protected by our armed forces. Somebody will claim because its in his backyard. I laugh in Swahili.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Ayoolu12: 11:28pm On Jan 11, 2012
Little wonder they call us the 'wild, wild, west',
I do hope that lout sitting in aso rock is seeing all this. He just doesn't possess the brain power to realise that if nigeria slips into a state of full blown anarchy, then he'll pretty much be president of abuja. Then the northerners will totally barbeque him!
Maybe this will 'encourage' the senators to pressure him into seeing reason. He is totally Insane.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 2mch(m): 11:29pm On Jan 11, 2012
LOl
Ayo-olu12:

Little wonder they call us the 'wild, wild, west',
I do hope that lout sitting in aso rock is seeing all this. He just doesn't possess the brain power to realise that if nigeria slips into a state of full blown anarchy, then he'll pretty much be president of abuja. Then the northerners will totally barbeque him!
Maybe this will 'encourage' the senators to pressure him into seeing reason. He is totally Insane.

That is why they relocated themselves from Lagos and went to hide in the hills of Abuja, thinking they will be safe to commit crimes. But they are actually in the hottest part of hell, surrounded by northerners who know those hills very well.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jmaine: 11:31pm On Jan 11, 2012
alj harem:

there is no impeachment

all he needs to do is further [b]reduce the salaries [/b]of those nass and senate so the people would know the side he is on.

I don't think he has the power to slash their salaries . .if he can only plead with them . . No one dares NASS monetary flows and wins . . .except a brutal force and threats by the masses . . .NASS no dey use their money play . . .
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Beaf: 11:31pm On Jan 11, 2012
ola_pluto:

Protests initiated by fuel subsidy removal, now anger is being turned on senators/politicians. Very soon, PDP, ACN, CPC, APGA offices will be touched. After that, Nigerians would have made a big bold statement. All politicians can then pack to Abuja and have armoured tanks in their convoy.

That is the way its meant to be and what people should have gone out for in the first place.

There are much more fundamental things to protest than the removal of the subsidy. The protests were ethnically instigated, but as with any movement that lacks ideology, there is only unfocused raw anger and the protests organisers have lost control. Let the people take over.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 989900: 11:31pm On Jan 11, 2012
"Egbon mi razist" , no one has time for you these days. You are a discredited hack who has gotten it wrong more times then anyone has fingers and toes. Why don't you just run along, carry on with licking azz, and let sensible folks discuss?

"Lazy, corrupt, awuf loving phucks" actually applies more to GEJ and your NDDC "sons of the soil" than you will ever have the basic honesty to discern let alone admit.

You really think this beef , beaf or mutton guy really deserves your time?

For some one who's profile intro is "As you dey see me so, am too mouthed! No be lie" ? I got one 19 year old nephew who uses same line on his Ymessenger,  same dude argues so blindly that he thinks, now don't laugh . . .he argued so blindly one day that J.Lo is more successful and popular than Michael Jackson. . .LMAO. . of course he's nineteenly s.t.u.!.p.

"As you de see me so, am too mouthed! No be lie". . .lol. .  you should know their type. . .no point bothering.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 11, 2012
Beaf:

I believe as one other person pointed out earlier on, most of the Oil is Off-shore which means not in anyone's territory in particular. Now If the SS really think they can claim the offshore as their territory, it will be a matter of who has the bigger guns. My point is this Mr. Pork or whatever you call yourself, you are an
I D I O T !
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Akanbiedu(m): 11:37pm On Jan 11, 2012
engineerd:

I believe as one other person pointed out earlier on, most of the Oil is Off-shore which means not in anyone's territory in particular. Now If the SS really think they can claim the offshore as their territory, it will be a matter of who has the bigger guns. My point is this Mr. Pork or whatever you call yourself, you are an
I D I O T !

Even the ones in their backyard will be contested and fought for.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 989900: 11:38pm On Jan 11, 2012
I don't think he has the power to slash their money . .if he can only plead with them . . No one dares NASS monetary flows and wins . . .except a brutal force and threats by the masses . . .NASS no dey use their money play . . .

You'r right. The masses can empower him to do that. . . if he is really sincere.

The truth however is, every single one of them are all paddy-paddy. . .switching sides like h.a.r.lo.t.s . From top to bottom, .they only play to the gallery playing on the people's intelligence. It's all Nollywood.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by babaowo: 11:38pm On Jan 11, 2012
The drama just begin, have been telling you folks that 2012 is real.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by kamuzu(m): 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2012
Beaf:

That is the way its meant to be and what people should have gone out for in the first place.

There are much more fundamental things to protest than the removal of the subsidy. The protests were ethnically instigated, but as with any movement that lacks ideology, there is only unfocused raw anger and the protests organisers have lost control. Let the people take over.

This Beaf guy is always putting himself in the line of fire only to fade out out when the heat gets really hot. he go soon run. follow his thread, he no dey finsh wetin he start.  grin
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by labamo07(m): 11:44pm On Jan 11, 2012
I would rather suggest sensible people leave Beaf cuz I realize his contributions are apparently selfish n non constructive this days. I wonder what has always been running thru his thick skull with no proper sense of reasoning, I guess he is really suffering from psychological disorder with his pathological cravings for GEJ, abeg ignore d fool jor
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by manny4life(m): 11:44pm On Jan 11, 2012
I hate to say this, but I have to agree with Beaf though, when Nigeria eventually splits, whatever resources belonged to Nigeria as part of her international boundaries, or jurisdiction or settlement, either land or water, will automatically default to the ND. So I guess if Nigeria has boundaries up to 10miles into International waters as part of her size mass, me thinks it makes more sense that if Nigeria separates, that 10miles STILL recognized anyway will default into ND. Any drilling before and after Nigeria, within that 10miles is ND only.

This is just my two cent on those arguing, Feel free to correct me.

@ OP,

This is very unbecoming of the protesters, we all understand their anger but this is getting outta hand, this is the time when Police has to use "minimal force" to defend an attack on someone's live NOT that I support the actions of police killings. I understand the hardship this is causing but direct attack on senators WILL NOT solve the problem.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 2mch(m): 11:45pm On Jan 11, 2012
Oil is being explored more than 10miles off shore. The thieves have been cornered. Time for them to run

kamuzu:

This Beaf guy is always putting himself in the line of fire only to fade out out when the heat gets really hot. he go soon run. follow his thread, he no dey finsh wetin he start.  grin
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by PapaBrowne(m): 11:46pm On Jan 11, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Who are the owners of the oil?

Akanbi_edu:

They are villagers really, a lot of them reason that way.

Oil that Nigeria as a country invested in its prospecting, exploration and protected by our armed forces. Somebody will claim because its in his backyard. I laugh in Swahili.

Funny. We can pretend like we know not who they are.
But whether we like it or not, the time when they were subdued is over. They now have an army.  They put in the man currently at the helm of affairs. They
If we are not careful we would end up granting the wishes of the owners of the oil. They want a nation to themselves and would be glad at any opportunity to have it.
They did it with tact
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 2mch(m): 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Funny. We can pretend like we know not who they are.
But whether we like it or not, the time when they were subdued is over. They now have an army.  They put in the man currently at the helm of affairs. They
If we are not careful we would end up granting the wishes of the owners of the oil. They want a nation to themselves and would be glad at any opportunity to have it.
They did it with tact

ROTFLMAO

Where is beafs man laughing in the toilet to come and laugh at this joke. grin cheesy. Apparently ND votes are enough to win an election in Nigeria
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jmaine: 11:50pm On Jan 11, 2012
Let's get something clear . . .under the law of the sea convention 1982 and revised thereafter . . .if the oil falls within the EEZ ( about 200 nautical mile) within the boundaries of a country, such nation has a right to claim the ocean resources . . . So if it falls within the marked territory of SS zone . .they can lay claim to their oil . . .but if otherwise, then they are helpless . . .and a landlocked state/ nation can never lay claim to the resources of a coastal nation . . .

Just clarifying certain issues . . .
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by manny4life(m): 11:51pm On Jan 11, 2012
I gave an example of 10 miles as Nigeria's Boundaries into International Waters under specific treaties. Some nations have up to 250 miles out as their boundaries, some have more like the U.S. while some have less, either way, whatever it is, in as long as it recognized as Nigeria Territory known to that region, it does not matter, sooner or later it will default to the region it belongs. After all, MD and NY has boundaries, though they are somewhat closer together by sea through Baltimore, but each have their own boundaries, YET they are all same United States.

Then again, I stand to be corrected.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by tigerleggs(m): 11:55pm On Jan 11, 2012
I dey laugh dem kia kia kia kia, LMAO
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by aljharem(m): 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2012
[size=14pt]wetin concern oil offshore with senators been attacked round the country[/size]  
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by aljharem(m): 11:57pm On Jan 11, 2012
manny4life:

@ OP,

This is very unbecoming of the protesters, we all understand their anger but this is getting outta hand, this is the time when Police has to use "minimal force" to defend an attack on someone's live NOT that I support the actions of police killings. I understand the hardship this is causing but [size=18pt]direct attack on senators WILL NOT solve the problem.[/size]

Very true, we need to know who we are directing our anger to. Not attacking anyone. [size=15pt]Attack would make the protest go WAY OUR OF CONTROL[/size]
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Beaf: 12:02am On Jan 12, 2012
^
Any protest that is not driven by a sensible philosophy is bound to end the way this one is going. It is a waste of energy that will see the innocent being turned upon.

alj harem:

[size=14pt]wetin concern oil offshore with senators been attacked round the country[/size]  

Ask your ACN vipers who have been trying to suggest GEJ's impeachment, because their braindead protest has led nowhere.
I really laugh at what people are toying with. Today, you protest against subsidy removal like it is Nigeria's major problem, because there are ulterior motives. Well, there might not even be oil to protest over if many do not come to their senses. Imagine some even talking about offshore oil if Nigeria breaks up, on coastlines that won't be theirs. Funny shiit.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jmaine: 12:05am On Jan 12, 2012
alj harem:

To make it clear to people what cessation means to the Niger Deltans folks, when they say, they would own the vast oil and gas mine underneath them . .

It's imperatives we clear that now, before the bug spreads across nairaland that cessation won't affects distribution and ownership of resources depending on their proximity, guided by international regulations and statutes
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by sheyguy: 12:05am On Jan 12, 2012
Beaf:

U are a pathetic dude beaf, when the protest started u said Tinubu and co. was behind it, and now that they 've attacked Tinubu's wife and his party members u r saying a totally different thing.
This is no ethnic issue, it is God's time for ur likes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thisday Bomber Cried For Missing Heaven - Witness. / NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences / The Delusion Of Grandeur Of Ahmadu Bello At Independence In 1960

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.