Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) (19614 Views)

An Amazing Hyper-realistic Biro Drawing Of President Goodluck Jonathan(photos) / Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) / 3ds Max Face Rig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by xothermik(m): 11:10pm On Jan 11, 2012
Hello guys, Just got to take my GEJ caricature rig for a spin this morning and I wanted to share it with you all. I really had fun animating this even though i didn't really plan it . Just loaded a wave file from 11 second club as I like to do for lip sync tests due to the rich emotions in the voicing . It is just a head animation for now. It was done in about 3 hours with straight ahead spline interpolation with glances in a mirror for some reference. 

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nyRbsToohQ?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

you can save the smaller animated image below for your black berry dp or what ever you like.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by xothermik(m): 11:11pm On Jan 11, 2012
yeah as always comments and criticisms would be nice grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by NWFX(m): 6:27am On Jan 12, 2012
Nice Rig!Would love to animate it.There's really not much to criticise.The animation is not perfect but generally good.better than any i've seen on this site.Keep it up! we're getting there.By the way,if its a full character rig,i would love to test animate it if you don't mind.I want to animate a two character dialogue setup with a black character as the lead actor but i can't find any on the net.I may have to do the modelling my self if all fails.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by xothermik(m): 1:16pm On Jan 12, 2012
Thanks for ur comments. I'm flattered that u haven't much 2 criticize. As u might agree the rig is quite intuitive and that helped a lot. As for testing the rig sorry I also have a short planned 4 it as well and want it 2 remain exclusive till I m done. After that I might share or even sell the rigged character. I think it would help the industry if we can start buying 3d assets from each other. That way we can save time in our projects and encourage professionalism in artists.

@ okx, zpixel, aphek and co. feedback pls guys
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by NWFX(m): 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2012
No sweat ! Keep up the good work!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by ugo2u(m): 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2012
great work bro, sure keep it up. maybe one day you will teach me a thing or two

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 14, 2012
Lol. Your work looks good, inspiring even. Cant wait 2 c him in action. Love d modeln, txturing and rigging. Hopefully u get a gr8 storyboard. More greese to your elbow.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by zPixel(m): 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2012
Fluid rig. The acting too is nice but the eyes movement is weird.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by xothermik(m): 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for the feedback guys really inspires me 2 push even harder.

@zpix its about time partner. I think I c what u referrin 2 but can u eliminate doubt and elaborate? Is it about off point emoting with the eyes or keyframe issues and any specific time or the whole thing?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Kemjisuper(m): 6:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
Hey nice one Xothermik! Its nice to see someone who's keeping up with the 3d animation world where others have slacked (me inclusive). I do hope to get motivated by the likes of you and get back my interest in the hobby! Keep it up!

⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥·̵̭̌✽-Cheers®-✽·̵̭̌»̶̥-̶̯͡┈̥‎​⌣̊
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by xothermik(m): 2:32am On Jan 23, 2012
Kemji u sold out xtreme studios now. Lol. Anyway its not easy o. I mean life gets in the way for most. trust me I haven't been that in touch with 3d myself. Our 2d cartoon project from development 2 production has overridden everything in the past 2 years or so. This is an attempt 2 keep up with -as you put it- the 3d world. Thanks for ur kind words.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2012
@op please what song was that at the background? kind of like it. smiley
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2012
So how much have you made from this animation ? Stop wasting your skill on the wrong object.....buy TV air time and expand your horizon
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Caporegime(m): 5:16pm On Jun 23, 2012
@xothermik, great work u got going, hope to see more soon.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by funkymedina: 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2012
Great job, i abandoned My 3D animation course, keep it up, ur doing good.

Jonathan with phonee, nerver thought i Will see the day! grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by mikuz(m): 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2012
Hehehe . . .nice
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by EFCC1(m): 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
grin Nice one
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
His nose is a lot smaller in this anime.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2012
Mtcheew.....you are disgracing your country, you uploaded it to youtube and you think its funny?? Stop wasting your knowledge on stup/d things. Gosh!

Black nigerians and their black brains sha. Mtcheew
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2012
speedyboi: Mtcheew.....you are disgracing your country, you uploaded it to youtube and you think its funny?? Stop wasting your knowledge on stup/d things. Gosh!

u hav noting to say

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Panshow(m): 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2012
U've done a gr8 job. I think, it'll be of gr8 signifance 2 up coming animators if u can mention som of d tools u used 2 design dis gr8 piece of work.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by WhyAWhy(m): 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2012
speedyboi: Mtcheew.....you are disgracing your country, you uploaded it to youtube and you think its funny?? Stop wasting your knowledge on stup/d things. Gosh!

Empty barrel
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by maninmood(m): 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2012

Waste of Jism. Keep impugning while your sorry self remains inconsequential.

If this piece was done by a white man, deluded, asinine people like you would glorify it. Simpleton!

@OP: Keep up the good work. We are getting there.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2012
Silly

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by funkymedina: 10:51pm On Jun 23, 2012

Notice me or I die, Oya die!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 24, 2012
Look at all of them.......mtcheew pathetic people....... Someone saying this is a great work, no one is disputing that. But, this is a very wrong way to introduce your creativity. Tell me, which responsible nigerian not to talk of foreigner will see this and be interested in investing in your venture? Though your work might be exceptional, but you spoilt any business opportunity that could come your way cos of the kind of theme you used as a 'supposed exposition' or whatever you call it.......

Mtcheew, I'm out of this thread before I just throw up.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by xothermik(m): 12:39am On Jun 24, 2012
Panshow: U've done a gr8 job. I think, it'll be of gr8 signifance 2 up coming animators if u can mention som of d tools u used 2 design dis gr8 piece of work.
i used 3ds max to model and rig with no plug-ins just native tools while photoshop and z brush to texture(color the skin). search online for more info on this apps. hope you find my reply useful.

woodcook: @op please what song was that at the background? kind of like it. smiley
strawberry swing by coldplay. it has a lovely video as well especially if you are an animation enthusiast.

lol thanks for the advice bro grin

@ all thanks for every single feedback both the seemingly positive and negative. i really appreciate it.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 24, 2012
And for the records, if you check my previous posts; you will know I'm not a white man's a/ss licker.

And to someone saying nigeria is getting there. Well sorry, if this is a way of celebrating nigerians success, I cry for naija's future.

For crying out loud! The guy should have used his creativity to generate some captivating theme, rather than make a mockery of his own president on a foreign site. You took your naija mentality to youtube. I pity you and others of your type.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by tnktosin(m): 3:13am On Jun 24, 2012
speedyboi: Look at all of them.......mtcheew pathetic people....... Someone saying this is a great work, no one is disputing that. But, this is a very wrong way to introduce your creativity. Tell me, which responsible nigerian not to talk of foreigner will see this and be interested in investing in your venture? Though your work might be exceptional, but you spoilt any business opportunity that could come your way cos of the kind of theme you used as a 'supposed exposition' or whatever you call it.......

Mtcheew, I'm out of this thread before I just throw up.

shocked shocked shocked Can't figure out why dis dude is vexing ooo shocked shocked shocked
@ xothermik, gud job man.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by aliyud: 3:23am On Jun 24, 2012
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by jmslimx(m): 7:05am On Jun 24, 2012

you be mumu ... Ghana does it , even in ghana radio station calls ministers mother to say your son was given money to do 1 or 2 things. he hasnt done it yet... South Africa does it alot .. all this our ill and corrupt leaders need to be cartooned .. u better go create ur own site....leave the one wey we dey manage express our freedom
Re: Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) by Yeske2(m): 7:16am On Jun 24, 2012
Cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Newly Open Animation School In Lagos / A Story Told By A Wonderful Work Of Art. / 2015 Elections, From The Graphics Designer's Point Of View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.