Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:15 PM

200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel (88323 Views)

Man Steals From Oyedepo Runs Mad - Mikeangelonews.com / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 11, 2012
The Bishop David Oyedepo led Living Faith Tabernacle Church,popularly known as Winners Chapel is alleged to have suffered a huge setback.All of 200 pastors were feared to have resigned enmasse from the blossoming ministry.

Information available to us revealed that the exodus occurred shortly before the New Year service.

According to our source,this was the fall-out of the general meeting the amiable Bishop had with all the pastors in his ministry during Shiloh 2011 at Canaanland,Ota,from Monday,December 4 to December 11,2011.

We learnt he told them that he was planning to re-organise the ministry but he would love to know those who were still commited to his vision and commission.

According to our source,he told them that it may not favour some of them.

Aside that,he was said to have heard some people were grumbling about his leadership style and that some claimed they have received divine directive to start their own ministry,adding that he would love them to part in peace.He then dropped a bombshell by paying off over a thousand pastors N2 million and above totaling about N4 billion.

However,an insider,who pleaded anonymity squealed that out of the money,deductions were made from loans taken by each of them and at the end they went home with left over ranging from N500,000 to N1.5 million.

It’s sad indeed that about 200 pastors have resigned from Winners Chapel secretly.

They all cut across the branches of the ministry worldwide.I learnt that they were all paid off by Bishop Oyedepo,who informed them that anybody that wished to leave his ministry over one issue or the other could do so amicably without rancor.Thus,few days after,about 200 pastors left.For instance,one of my pastor friends,who was affected complained that he only got N500,000.

According to him,they deducted the debt he incurred from the car loan he took.

The allegations range from directive to start their own ministry, high-handedness of the church leadership and other personal issues” our source said.

Another source informed that Bishop Oyedepo’s action was premised on his past experience.For instance,in 2004,following the reorganization of the headship of the branches of the church worldwide,Bishop George Adjemann,head of the Ghana branch of the church,reportedly resisted his transfer to Ibadan,Oyo State,after he had successfully planted the church in the former Gold Coast and money was rolling in.After a protracted negotiation,the Bishop was said to have offered the recalcitrant minister $100,000.He rejected the offer and took over the church.

The Adjemann’s episode led to a massive re-organisation and transfer of key ministers.Non-graduate pastors were sacked.One of those affected in the exercise was Dayo Olutayo,head of Abuja diocese,who was moved to Port Harcourt,Rivers State.He rejected the posting and consequently broke away and set up his own church adjacent,Winners Chapel at Durumi,Abuja.

He was said to have offered many of the sacked pastors sanctuary.Another instance was when four bishops and 15 pastors also resigned from Winners Chapel in 2007 following a re-organisation by the founder,Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo.

On Saturday,January 7,2012,we contacted the church media officer,Mr. Emmanuel Igban and this what he told us: I am not aware of that.Thank You.

http://www.nigeriadailynews.com/entertainment/35458-shocker-200-pastors-resign-from-oyedepo-s-winners-chapel.html
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 11, 2012
When did church become Nitel where people are paid off ?

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Mcleo007(m): 12:30am On Jan 12, 2012
Applying austerity measures in running the business, eh? I call that a smart move. All this pentecostals will never cease to amaze me.

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by OmoPastor(m): 12:48am On Jan 12, 2012
this is great news, the devil is in more trouble cos many more souls are coming into the kingdom of God.

i say congratulations to these "new" Pastors but if God has not called them into ministry they should be ready to eat suffer with fork and knife. grin grin

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by antartica(m): 12:53am On Jan 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

When did church become Nitel where people are paid off ?

Some how u are beginning to sound a bit positive.I am impress,keep it up.

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 12, 2012
I didn't know you could resign from the work of God.

So in the temple of the Father we now have Restructuring, Budget cuts, Retirement plans, loan taking. So the are board members with a main CEO who runs the show.

And the money. I wonder whose money is being given out freely to the sum of N4 billion naira.

Choi!!! See financial corporation o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by sheyguy: 3:26am On Jan 12, 2012
It is all about agreement and mutual understanding, if they agreed on the terms previously then i see nothing wrong, instead of grumbling it is better they part amicably if their visions no longer tally

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by bros1234(m): 9:50am On Jan 12, 2012
I dont trust this report.

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by victorazy(m): 9:54am On Jan 12, 2012
They are graduated, good enuf to run their own ministry. The gospel of Christ must fish men to spread the word of God's word and love compared to other religions in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Woke4all(m): 9:57am On Jan 12, 2012
All these fake M.O.G Self

SMH
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 12, 2012
Good and bad news,

200 pastors leave to be quickly replace by more willing, fuel subsidy ridden, mentally deficient men.

On the other hand,
More Oyedepo copy cats spreading out because the money no reach them. hopefully, they do not have the same slap ministry,

2 Likes

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 12, 2012
This means 200 more pentecostal churches in nigeria, What a business venture.

2 Likes

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by begwong: 10:03am On Jan 12, 2012
since they were paid off and liabilities incurred by them deducted from their terminal benefits,i see nothing wrong with that, How many civil servants get that privillege of instant payment of terminal benefits today like these.Afterall,most of them are not even CALLED!

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 12, 2012
tongue
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by MrGlobe(m): 10:11am On Jan 12, 2012
After reading this with the slap controversy, I just lost ALL respect for David Oyedepo until he disclaims these.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by thehomer: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2012
It's all about the money. I just wonder how long it will take Nigerians to see this.

3 Likes

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by bros1234(m): 10:19am On Jan 12, 2012
Mr. Globe:

After reading this with the slap controversy, I just lost ALL respect for David Oyedepo until he disclaims these.

He doesnt need your respect to do what God has sent him to do. Sorry

5 Likes

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by fm7070: 10:19am On Jan 12, 2012
See church business.
God have mercy

2 Likes

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by ortopazz(m): 10:23am On Jan 12, 2012
Matterz arising the church is evolving, 200 biz ventures indeed! I cant wait to see if my papa will handover HANDOVER to Bishop.Abioye or Faith Oyedepo, becos He doesn't seem tired o! Stil waxing stronger ehn!

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by freecocoa(f): 10:24am On Jan 12, 2012
If this is true then its really a pity that people have been fooled for so long.

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by stagger: 10:28am On Jan 12, 2012
Pastors are not meant to be in servitude forever. Even Jesus trained his 12 apostles, and they effectively went their own ways to their own ministries.

Jesus sent out 70 disciples in pairs to go and preach.

Paul Enenche, David Ibiyeomie and Simeon Afolabi are three well-known pastors who were trained under Bishop Oyedepo. When it was time for them to go, they went.

So if 200 pastors decided it was time to leave and branch out to fulfill their own callings after undergoing the necessary trainings, what is the issue there?

At least Bishop even gave them money to start with. I wonder how some silly posters here will want someone to go into ministry without a penny. How do they pay for church venues and stuff like that? I worked under a boss for 10 years and I decided it was time to branch out on my own. My boss is still owing me N50,000 salary as I speak to you. He did not give me a penny but I thank God that what he is owing me, I am able to pay to plenty of others under my employment without issues.

People should stop this silly misrepresentation of the facts, trying to paint Winners as a church in trouble or a business enterprise. There is a limit to the number of pastors a ministry or church can have, and when it is time to move on, a pastor moves on!

If you have a son who at the age of 40 or 50 is still living with you as a parent, no plans to marry and start his own family or be independent, is that son not worse than an slowpoke?

Nothing dey there!

5 Likes

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by bros1234(m): 10:33am On Jan 12, 2012
stagger:

Pastors are not meant to be in servitude forever. Even Jesus trained his 12 apostles, and they effectively went their own ways to their own ministries.

Jesus sent out 70 disciples in pairs to go and preach.

Paul Enenche, David Ibiyeomie and Simeon Afolabi are three well-known pastors who were trained under Bishop Oyedepo. When it was time for them to go, they went.

So if 200 pastors decided it was time to leave and branch out to fulfill their own callings after undergoing the necessary trainings, what is the issue there?

At least Bishop even gave them money to start with. I wonder how some silly posters here will want someone to go into ministry without a penny. How do they pay for church venues and stuff like that? I worked under a boss for 10 years and I decided it was time to branch out on my own. My boss is still owing me N50,000 salary as I speak to you. He did not give me a penny but I thank God that what he is owing me, I am able to pay to plenty of others under my employment without issues.

People should stop this silly misrepresentation of the facts, trying to paint Winners as a church in trouble or a business enterprise. There is a limit to the number of pastors a ministry or church can have, and when it is time to move on, a pastor moves on!

If you have a son who at the age of 40 or 50 is still living with you as a parent, no plans to marry and start his own family or be independent, is that son not worse than an slowpoke?

Nothing dey there!

I didnt have time to type this. Thanks for doing it for me. Truth is this nairaland is the best place to meet unserious people. Dont even bother with the responses that will follow this
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by slap1(m): 10:39am On Jan 12, 2012
I think these churches should start paying tax.

2 Likes

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by mekay(m): 10:43am On Jan 12, 2012
This story is unverified.
Moderator you need to do your job very well.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by julioralph(m): 10:43am On Jan 12, 2012
Now thats d problem i hav wit all these pentecostals- it's all about money, they've forgotten about 'the great commission'

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by zinosleek(m): 10:46am On Jan 12, 2012
Govt ll make a lot of revenue taxing these bizness ventures set up by self acclaimed men of God.
I rather give my money to orphanage home than pay tithes in some of these churches

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Clerverly: 10:47am On Jan 12, 2012
We are really in trouble. 200 ofsprings pastors from Oyedepo equal to 200 slap donors. Buyers BEWARE!!!!!!
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by slimshady1(m): 10:49am On Jan 12, 2012
LWKMD. Thy shud also go nd strt dia own 'slap' ministry naw. ;-)
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 12, 2012
Church business as usual like others.

Free/fraud money in the name of 10% tithes.

No tax.

Is it true he now runs a "slap" assembly?

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by antartica(m): 10:55am On Jan 12, 2012
Funny,they probably have different views on how to humanely treat children,hence their pulling or maybe just a chance they have been waiting for all along to set up their kalokalo empire.indenpendent of the brute aka DADDY.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by 989900: 10:57am On Jan 12, 2012
money! money!! money!!!
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by ifeci: 11:00am On Jan 12, 2012
So them don dey Downsize pastors from the pastorial sector of the economy? wahala dey o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shop Owned By Pastor Adeboye's Son Where A Pair Of Shoe Is Sold $4000 (Photos) / Malawian Pastor Godwin Maere Leaked Nude Pictures With Female Reverend / How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.