Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Northern Nigeria Asking For Division When They Will Benefit The Least From It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Asking For Division When They Will Benefit The Least From It (895 Views)

Breaking News: Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka Calls For Division Of Nigeria / Mbaka Calls For Division Of Nig; Says He Fears No Arrest (Old VIDEO) / Petition For Division Of Nigeria Into 3 Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Nigeria Asking For Division When They Will Benefit The Least From It by Emekamex(m): 12:59am On Jan 12, 2012
It beats my imagination why northern Nigerians raise the issue of secession, when actually they are the one pulling Nigeria backward. Dont they know that:
1. They have the highest illiteracy of about 70% of their population not able to read or write.
2. They have the highest disease occurence due to the fact that they dont receive vaccines due to ignorance and illiteracy.
3. They have little natural resources available when compared to other parts of Nigeria.
4. Their climate and land cant support adequate food production since most of them are deserts.
5. They have the highest birth rate when most cant even cater for themselves.
The list goes on and on. If I were in their shoes I will be praying for peace because they will be worst hit if the country eventually divides.
Re: Northern Nigeria Asking For Division When They Will Benefit The Least From It by Beaf: 1:16am On Jan 12, 2012
If they ask, let them have it. Same goes to everyone else.
Its a bluff that will backfire anyway, cos people love the idea of Arewa.
Re: Northern Nigeria Asking For Division When They Will Benefit The Least From It by DanKan0: 1:23am On Jan 12, 2012
Emekamex:

It beats my imagination why northern Nigerians raise the issue of secession, when actually they are the one pulling Nigeria backward. Dont they know that:
1. They have the highest illiteracy of about 70% of their population not able to read or write.
2. They have the highest disease occurence due to the fact that they dont receive vaccines due to ignorance and illiteracy.
3. They have little natural resources available when compared to other parts of Nigeria.
4. Their climate and land cant support adequate food production since most of them are deserts.
5. They have the highest birth rate when most cant even cater for themselves.
The list goes on and on. If I were in their shoes I will be praying for peace because they will be worst hit if the country eventually divides.

I dey laugh o. How many times I hear the excuse hahaha grin
Re: Northern Nigeria Asking For Division When They Will Benefit The Least From It by koruji(m): 1:25am On Jan 12, 2012
You never know, they might have a pot of gold sitting underground.

If they want out, they better do it fast because once that pot of gold is discovered they are going nowhere.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Explosions At Zone1 Police Hqs, Kano / Bianca's Interview With Sun Before Ojukwu's Death / Eu Bans Wolf-whistling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.