Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

How To End Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To End Boko Haram (757 Views)

We Will End Boko Haram By December – Army / ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' / Mark Seeks Divine Intervention To End Boko Haram, Political Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To End Boko Haram by BUSYBRAIN2(m): 1:13am On Jan 12, 2012
After the death of Osama in pakistan the Al_Queda terorist still surface the earth.Y? because it was jst a man that was killed n not the 'IDEA', If the Nigerian Govt. can kill the boko haramic idea by killing all it sponsors rather than police n Soldier waggin war against it foot soldiers then alone can peace be restored back 2 Nigeria. SUGESTIONS WELCOMED
Re: How To End Boko Haram by Emekamex(m): 1:18am On Jan 12, 2012
Poverty is the main cause of the problem. I dont see why a well paid nigerian will waste his life in sucide bombing.
Re: How To End Boko Haram by BUSYBRAIN2(m): 1:35am On Jan 12, 2012
Poverty is the main cause of the problem. I dont see why a well paid nigerian will waste his life in sucide bombing.
U make some sense here, but we were told dat one of it member whom was arested was a succesful business Man, U may begin to wonder what made him join the deadly sect
Re: How To End Boko Haram by efisher(m): 1:40am On Jan 12, 2012
Busy Brain, what will u say then about Abdulmutallab the suicide plane bomber?
Re: How To End Boko Haram by efisher(m): 1:42am On Jan 12, 2012
^ Oops, dat reply was meant for Emekamex.
Re: How To End Boko Haram by velo10: 2:28am On Jan 12, 2012
These are my ideas.

1. Government should realise that Boko Haram is a deadly virus that threatens Nigeria's
- Security
- Religious Tolerance
- Position on World Terrorism Index
- Economy
- Unity
I doubt if the government has yet realised this. If they have, they would have been more proactive on this issue.

2. Try and get our secret agencies to infiltrate Boko Haram. There are many ways. If I were in the SSS, I'll set up a pseudo-cartel trading weapons that Boko Haram might be interested in. Our security agencies need to think out of the box.

3. De-weaponise the Boko Haram operational bases like Yobe and Borno states. There should be a surprise massive intense hunt for weapons in these states. This include house-to-house search in suspected vicinities.

4. Intelligence should increase surveillance on probable attack sites

5. Invest in industries in the north to reduce unemployment.

6. Investigate into teaching bases of radical islam in the north and arrest clerics encouraging radicalism.

7. Stop the northern Almagiri system

8. Start a strong public awareness campaign discouraging radical islam on public media.

These are the ideas that just struck my brain at this moment. Perhaps more would come later.
Re: How To End Boko Haram by ShangoThor(m): 3:09am On Jan 12, 2012
They say they do not want Western Education, and neither do their leaders push or implement policies to educate them. This has been the case since their earliest contact with Westerners.

In Southern Nigeria, it is the Christian Missionaries that originally started to educate people, not the State, (which probably explains why Education is in such the mess as it currently is). After the Civil War, the Northern wannabe Warlords sent all the missionaries packing because they claimed they supported the Biafran Struggle. Furthermore, Northern Leaders fiercely resisted any attemp by the same missionaries to implement schools and education in Northern Nigeria, and fast forward to today, you can begin to understand where these prevailing attitudes stem from.

But my question is why did Northern Leaders have that attitude, and why is poverty so acceptable to them?

In my opinion, the answer to the above posed question lies in another question, What happened to the huge Slave Population of the Sokoto Caliphate that the British recorded in the late 1800's, and is there any relationship between the emerging Almajiri population of the North and the enslaved people(s) that the British recorded or noted?

Think about the above questions and you will get your answers. This is why I am proud to be a Separatist and believe that the Malfunctioning Nation State cannot be fixed. I know my questions are thought provoking and will be unpopular as Nigerians tend to prefer the Ostrich approach and tend to want to bury their heads in the sand.

Whilst you ponder I've got some additional questions, Is there any such thing as Western Education or are they refering to Scientific method? Aren't the Arabs (along with the Chinese) accredited for formulating Algebra, and if so why aren't Northerners pushing their masses for that kind of education? Last but not the least, was it not the Arabs that the Western world turned to recover the lost Aristotlean texts (works) of Poetics (335 BC) in the Middle Ages?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetics_(Aristotle)

Let's face it, we have got the worst type of Islam being practiced in Northern Nigeria, and that is why nothing fantastic will come out of this fake Nation State. We are all just delaying the inevitable and I want out.
Re: How To End Boko Haram by BUSYBRAIN2(m): 12:00pm On Jan 12, 2012
I also want to believe that thier rejection of Western education is nt absolute, the main brain of thier actions are still hiden in the box, Finding these reasons will go a long way in helping us send the Boko haram terrorism into the history books.
Re: How To End Boko Haram by GWslim(f): 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2012
Justice for the poor

(1) (Reply)

Fellow Nigerians Please Don't Be Fooled Or Get It Twisted! / Fela Durotoye's Take On The Protests / Lagos Bomb Blast: Ten Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.