Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

How Does One Identify Real Gold? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Does One Identify Real Gold? (3219 Views)

Where can i buy Real Gold Jewelry Online / 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria / How Does One Get Loan From BOI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Identify Real Gold? by adeadebayor: 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2012
I have some jeweries left by my late grandmother. Somebody wanted to collect it claiming is not a gold, though i m skeptical about it. Please I want people in the house that knows about real gold to please shed some light on this topic. Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: How Does One Identify Real Gold? by adeadebayor: 10:58am On Feb 27, 2012
thanks bo. God bless u
Re: How Does One Identify Real Gold? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 28, 2012
^^^ Correct

At Op, you may also want to DIY by checking to see if the jewelry are hallmarked. If real gold, you are sure to find some markings on the items, either on the clasp if you're looking at a necklace, or some other parts. Just be sure to look closely. Gold are designated in karats to determine quality. If you find any of the under listed markings on any of the jewelry, then you sure have hit a gold mine, literally! wink

9k or 375
18k or 750
22k or 916

Again, most times these markings may appear too small to the naked eye, so you may want to get a magnifying tool.

Best of luck!

(1) (Reply)

Wanted: Pay On Delivery Courier Service Company / What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With 2.5 Million Naira? / EIU Report: FG To Raise VAT To 15% By 2027 To Fund Fiscal Deficit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.