Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,880 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:09 AM

Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? (14715 Views)

Good Guys Are Boring. Do You Agree? / Why Are All The Good Guys Taken? / 3 Things Female With More Than One Sex Partner Stands To Lose Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Maleeq(m): 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2012
sexkillz:

Blah blah blah bullshit! Who does all the above mentioned? Devote all your time and energy? You no get work? Never lose your temper? Do you mean to say you get angry but control it? Treat a lady you arent married to like a goddess? shocked Gawddammit! angry

So because a lady played on the little intelligence you thought you had, all good guys should bear the brunt? Really? undecided
You tolerate bullshit, but the day bullshit is smeared on your face you cry foul? Bro you are what? You are DUMB!

I'm a good guy, but all that[b] "Epistle of Quintuplicated Bullshitology"[/b] you typed up there, does not apply to me in any infinitesimal way! Damn!

hehehehehe! grin
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by NumberOne2(m): 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2012
Kindness can often be taken for weakness. Ladies like kindness but not weakness. You should take charge sometime and be a man. Kissing butt doesn't make you nice. You don't have to be a bully to be respected. No lady, I repeat, NO LADY respects a weak man.
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by claremont(m): 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2012
I could be good or bad depending on the circumstances, and I haven't lost out in anything.
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 13, 2012
Maleeq:

hehehehehe! grin

sexkillz is a character isn't he?
he need his own tv show/talk show. grin
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Mynd44: 2:37pm On Jan 13, 2012
Na he needs to get laid
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by solomon111(m): 2:45pm On Jan 13, 2012
Interesting!
So,many ladies will actually leave a good guy because he is not too adventurous?
No wonder domestic violence and divorce is on the high!
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2012
Mynd_44:

Na he needs to get laid

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

**finds a spot to take cover**

solomon111:

Interesting!
So,many ladies will actually leave a good guy because he is not too adventurous?
No wonder domestic violence and divorce is on the high!

mschew. undecided i think u should read my response to this thread. it's not just men bro.
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Mcleo007(m): 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2012
Mynd_44:

Why should you be a good guy? Can't you just be you?

Question like this need be answered when a guy crawled his way into the relationship by way of pretence. Thinking he's a good guy.

Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Cuddlemii: 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2012
@op why do good girls love bad guys cool cool

There is nothing like good or bad. What we have are individuals with different characters and ideologies. When a relationship is too stereotype or one way street, then it gets boring but when there is compatibility between two partners then there would be no problem. I mean you can be good and not a bore, still make your relationship fun.

I don't think any lady would leave a responsible, nice, good guy alone except he is a bore, he has no ginger, he is not experimental in bed, he doesn't take her out, he watches football all day and plays PS 2, he is too strict, he is too demanding, he doesn't listen, he is not flexible, he is not a good conversationalist, he is very judgmental, he has a bad temper etc.

Several factors lead to a chick dissing or uprooting a guy and trust me it has nothing to do with being good or bad. I, for one can't  stand a perfect man, I prefer a screw up who is sincere enough to show me his shortcomings and bad habits so I know if I can tolerate him or take a walk. I like a calm bad boys, they are so sexy, give you happiness and peace of mind. But all those pretentious good boys, when they start manifesting, you would wish u r dating a player that smokes. Its safe to date an average guy who is flexible,with a little bit of rascality(street wise), exposed, intelligent, romantic, freaky, tempted to touch so you can enjoy the best of both worlds (good & bad).
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 13, 2012
The goodness makes them vulnerable.
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by freecocoa(f): 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2012
Olodostein:

You wish say you catch MUGU like OP huh? You bad oooooo.

Besides, nne, you look Contempletious. Seeee that lips, chineke!  What a beauty.

Nah Mbanu,somebody like OP would bore the life outta me.

Thanks for the complimentation,LOL @emoticons.
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by husseinjnr: 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2012
@Poster : Something dey worry u, your mates dey occupy for Ojota , you dey talk ur own. Stop being a dull guy, sharp up, no woman is dull.
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by mystikal(m): 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2012
Mynd_44:

Why should you be a good guy? Can't you just be you?

Bros, do you!
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by kizito96(m): 3:54pm On Jan 13, 2012
They loose because people take simplicity for stupidity. but how ever they are always blessed
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2012
Being good does not translate to being capable. Oftentimes so-called good guys are inexperienced. It's hard to find a good guy who is experienced. Experienced dudes are however not bad, rather they understand people better and are aware that no one can really stay that "good". They take chances, they can be selfish. They think of themselves and of where the relationship puts them. They try to see many months ahead, and in what situation they will be in: favourable or unfavourable. Steering the relationship their way then becomes a preoccupation. And of course, we do know steering huge things isn't exactly an activity fitted for "goody, moody fellows".
Once a girl realizes that her man is goody two-shoes, she has only two options: milk him until he realizes nothing can actually be sustained on those shoe laces, or back out so she can find someone in better tune with reality!
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2012
put a woman on a pedestal and she will piss on you. end of
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by maasoap(m): 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2012
@OP, You're okay the way you're and all what you said is true, at least I believe you. Let them continue leaving you, it simply means you haven't reached your bus stop. Don't even be suprise if later in future, some of them come back knocking at your doorstep. One day you'll definitely meet one that won't take you for granted.
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Felixjude(m): 4:35pm On Jan 13, 2012
exactly my quest, the good guys always loose out and i av got friends who says its crazy to b good and they actually have it all with the ladies.I av tried to change and it not working.well,i gues we av to liv with it
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2012
This must be the trillionth time this accursed topic is brought up here. Una no dey tire for this good bad good bad yada yada?

Mr. Poster, and all other confused wimps out there: the truth is that as long as you actually fall in love with a woman - or get too emotional in your futile quest to gain or maintain her affections, you would almost always get forked up. Women are cursed with gratuitous perversity; its in their nature. . . and the extent to which they would show their perverse side depends on the opportunities that they are presented with.

Forget the boring or no boring nonsense. I know guys that are funnier than a circus show that have suffered 'good guy' woes. I also know some dry-as-dust insipids that are too emotionally aloof with women to experience such 'good guy' woes.

The solution is very simple, albeit drastic. Do not 'fall in love' in any sense of it. Have nothing but your own cold, selfish interests at heart whenever you enter any kind of amorous relationship. I've noticed that one's 'game' is generally tighter when he's emotionally aloof and truly doesn't give a bleep about a girl other than to achieve his 'objectives' with her - carnal or otherwise. When you start 'appreciating' her persona, and 'feeling' something for her (and other such mushy intangibles), that is when you start losing it and giving her the opportunity to demonstrate her perversity. Ever seen a true player fall in love? Understand: The day a player falls in love is the day he hangs his jersey. On another level, if you notice that the relationship is getting cold (indeed you shouldn't even wait for it to get cold), it's generally better to withdraw and save yourself from her impending bullshyt.

In case all of this is too hard for you to understand, here's a simple way of putting it: consider them sex objects. . .well, sort of.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by chika98: 4:59pm On Jan 13, 2012
pro01:

Here's a simple way of putting it: consider them sex objects. . .well, sort of.

LOL! How sad. Things must really suck for you though.

OP: There's nothing like a "good guy". No matter how "good" you think you are; there's some girl out there who thinks you're just a jerk. Men only truly treat a girl well when their intentions towards her are genuinely good.
When a man has honest and real intentions towards you then he'll treat you right.
Anyone who says otherwise is just in denial.
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Mynd44: 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2012
The whole good guy bad guy thing is crap. How do you explain being good? When do you cross that boundary and become the other? Trust people to always want to define things that don't exist. Be you and you will find someone that will love you for you but when you try to pretend she might fall in love with your act and not you
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by dady2011(m): 5:21pm On Jan 13, 2012
You never can tell how some women mind work.

We are now is a world were a wife will divorce and leave her husband because he treats her too good. She was expecting the punch and kick, instead she got love from her husband and she is very unhappy with it and want to divorce him.

Here is the link to the divorce court video

Part 1 of 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93BBNq5A64

Part 2 of 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MONNcL1Rglw
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by indoorlove(m): 5:32pm On Jan 13, 2012
pro01:

This must be the trillionth time this accursed topic is brought up here. Una no dey tire for this good bad good bad yada yada?

Mr. Poster, and all other confused wimps out there: the truth is that  as long as you actually fall in love with a woman - or get too emotional in your futile quest to gain or maintain her affections, you would almost always get forked up. Women are cursed with gratuitous perversity; its in their nature. . . and the extent to which they would show their perverse side depends on the opportunities that they are presented with.

Forget the boring or no boring nonsense. I know guys that are funnier than a circus show that have been suffered the 'good guy' woes. I also know some dry-as-dust insipids that are too emotionally aloof with women to experience such 'good guy' woes.

The solution is very simple, albeit drastic. Do not 'fall in love' in any sense of it. Have nothing but your own cold, selfish interests at heart whenever you enter any kind of amorous relationship. I've noticed that one's 'game' is generally tighter when he's emotionally aloof and truly doesn't give a bleep about a girl other to achieve his 'objectives' with here  - carnal or otherwise. When you start 'appreciating' her persona, and 'feeling' something for her (and other such mushy intangibles), that is when you start losing it and giving her the opportunity to demonstrate her perversity. Besides, if you notice that the relationship is getting cold (indeed you shouldn't even wait for it to get cold), it's generally better to withdraw and save yourself from her impending bullshyyt.

In case all of this is too hard for you to understand, here's a simple way of putting it: consider them sex objects. . .well, sort of.

God! "Sex object" how sad!          @poster, i ll just urge u be yourself, am introverted in nature and girls always take my calmness(good and gentle) for weakness, at first i try so hard to be an extrovert ( maybe bad guy or social types)  but  it's even more difficult than just be myself. Then i resolve to be myself and work toward making myself happy. Fortunately, i met her( name withheld), she is not without mistakes and also far from being perfect, but she respect me and love me for me. She feel change 2moro o. No wahala!( change is constant) but my point is that, with time, u ll find someone dat ll love u and appreciate u.
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Mynd44: 5:45pm On Jan 13, 2012
*yawns*
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 13, 2012
Most women don't know what they want.

Life is too short to figure out what they want, get the best ones and have fun.

@OP, the most important advice is for you to be yourself. Don't go out of your comfort zone to impress any woman.  When you are sometimes too nice to them, you might come across as insecure or desperate.

Give em the feeling that they are indispensable, they ain't worth sh.it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Mynd44: 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2012
*yawns again*
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by mpeg(m): 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2012
op, let me give u the gist, be a nice guy but dont be predictable. Do what u are not supposed to do and dont do what are supposed or expected to do, simple.
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by favouredjb(f): 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2012
Be urself!
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by Princek12(m): 6:47pm On Jan 13, 2012
Bad guys win because women reward bad behavior. You can't change the rules of engagement as to how you deal with women, for women will always respond unfavorably to good men and favorably to bad men. That is why the saying, nice guys finish last, is still alive and kicking.
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by joudini(m): 7:27pm On Jan 13, 2012
I was ok reading thru when l reached where you said 'you treat dem like the best thing to happen to you'. Niggi, why you wanna do that? You sound like you gat self esteem issues. The best thing to happen to you should be yourself.
Stop playing the 'good boy' role. Forget what you read in paperbacks. Many real life girls read them as wussies, predictable.

Work on your confidence and hustle for l have found that many successful guys are aloof in relationships. Dnt let anybody convince you otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by habbi: 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2012
Is because u have not see miss right! I advice u to still keep the good attitude and pray for miss right to come ur way. There are still good girls around!!!
Re: Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? by fasa2020(m): 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2012
Cos they show TRUE LOVE, meanwhile, chicks believe there is nothing like that ! Moreover, why do one need to be a GOOD guy ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Feel Dizzy After First Kiss? / Some Guys Are Dogs / Miss Nairaland 2016|Share Your Thoughts & Opinion On The Interview Session Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.