Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

I Need Help On Dhtml - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help On Dhtml (1413 Views)

The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland / Dhtml Pastebin / Codebin : Run Php/jscript/html Online / Post Your Javascript/ajax/dhtml Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On Dhtml by jackback(m): 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2007
ever visited zenith securities website, does anyone know how that scrolling stock report is done?if you have any experience on it,please send me a mail on jackbone_2_life@yahoo.com
Re: I Need Help On Dhtml by jackback(m): 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2007
ever visited zenith securities website, does anyone know how that scrolling stock report is done?if you have any experience on it,please send me a mail on jackbone_2_life@yahoo.com
Re: I Need Help On Dhtml by onyekesimo(m): 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2007
You need a help but is like is not of important to you.

you have to write the website correctly. eg. www.zenithsecurities.com.

if you are set send me an E-mail. onyekesimon@fastermail.com
Re: I Need Help On Dhtml by my2cents(m): 11:35am On Nov 12, 2007
jackback,

I assume this is the site you are referring to: http://www.zenithsecuritiesng.com

If this is the case, I traced the code to this file: http://www.zenithsecuritiesng.com/scrollbondprice.php

If you, "view source" and scroll to the bottom of the source page, you will see a "Dynamic Drive DHTML" section. This is the code that is used for the scroll. Also, if you view the source of the home page, and search for "gainers", you will notice there is a <script> section that references the above PHP page:

<script type="text/javascript">

//specify path to your external page:
var iframesrcbp="scrollbondprice.php"

//You may change most attributes of iframe tag below, such as width and height:
document.write('<iframe id="datamainbp" src="'+iframesrcbp+'" width="430px" height="150px" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>')
</script>

I personally think there is a better way to present the scrolled information though. What happens, for instance, if visitors to the site turn off javascript (yeah I know, not many people do that, but it is still reason to give me as a developer pause)? Perhaps flash would be a better alternative? I dunno, I am just thinking out loud here. Besides, there are people like me who find such scrolling nauseous.

I hope this helps.
Re: I Need Help On Dhtml by deejay50: 7:40pm On Nov 13, 2007
The dynamic nature of the info means you can't use flash or any such animation. A simple marquee (or series of them) with dynamic variables, some CSS, DHTML would do the trick. I did something similar recently. Of course if its fed by a db then some server-side programming is needed. It's not too complicated.
Re: I Need Help On Dhtml by my2cents(m): 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2007
so deejay,

Are you saying one couldn't use a combination of Flash and AJAX (or what some people call AFLAX) to dynamically generate and display the information?

If so, I beg to differ.
Re: I Need Help On Dhtml by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ding it, those were days in history. . . .time has long since passed

(1) (Reply)

Entity Framework 4.1 / Is It Possible To Build An App Wit A Phone / Programmers In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.