Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

So Why Cant Labour Expose Corruption? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Why Cant Labour Expose Corruption? (583 Views)

I'll Expose How Elite Conspired To Ruin Nigeria: Buhari / We Will Expose Uwazurike’s Sexual Atrocities Soon – MASSOB / Resign Now, Labour Unions Tell Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Why Cant Labour Expose Corruption? by dmainboss: 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2012
I have something i have been mulling in my mind for a while. Everyone keeps saying NLC/TUC should demand accountability from the Government and demand that government should fight corruption. Labor have also come out to demand accountability from the government. So I have a few questions to ask:

1. Is labor different from government? Apart from the political appointees of the president, which are quite few in comparison, All of Labor are what makes up government. So why do we refer to labor and government as 2 different entities when we talk about accountability and the fight against corruption?

2. All the information necessary and required to fight corruption are on the desk of members of NLC and TUC. So why cant they just expose the corruption themselves. Why are they asking "government" to do it? Especially now that we have the FOI bill passed and the official secrets act repealed.

3. The people that destroyed our power, oil and other infrastructures could not have done it without members of NLC/TUC. Are there not ways they can bring their members to book? Do they not have ways to check their members? NLC/TUC run both the Executive, Legislative and the Judiciary. They are the real government that we are talking about. In fact, they are the ones that actually formulate and fine tune policies and actions of government. So why do we differentiate them from the government. Just some serious thoughts.

For the records, No one can steal anything from Nigeria without the collaboration of someone in NLC/TUC.
Re: So Why Cant Labour Expose Corruption? by umechuma: 9:30pm On Jan 13, 2012
NLC and TUC is the melting pot of corruption in Nigeria and will do everything to protect their members and politicians.
All govt agencies are corrupt in Nigeria and all their staff are NLC and TUC members,no Minister can steal from any Ministry without the knowledge of NLC and TUC members in govt.
Re: So Why Cant Labour Expose Corruption? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2012
Did you vote for labour ?
Re: So Why Cant Labour Expose Corruption? by Beaf: 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2012
Ain't they the ones that sabotage the refineries? Thats why they cannot tackle corruption.

(1) (Reply)

Fg Vs Labour, Civil Society : How Govs, Ministers, Misled Jonathan / Why Are Nigerian Students Not Leading The Fuel Subsidy Protests? / Top 13 Signs To Know Forces Are Following U From The Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.