Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] (3296 Views)

Thread For Android Online Gamers / How To Unban Your PS3 And Log Into Psn On A Jailbroken PS3. / Nigerian Online Ps3 Gamers Community - Pls Drop Your Psn Id Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] by charlyPs3(m): 7:09pm On Jan 13, 2012
Online gamers in nigeria,you know that there are some gamers(like me) who wants to play online too and show there talents but they cant due to some problems like:1:the right modem to use or 2:the best internet connection to use.For instance am a student in Federal University Of Technology Owerri,so i stay longer in Owerri than where i live in Ojo Alaba,all the modems i can lay my hands on,works only in lag.So pls help me and advise me on what to do,am planning of using etisalat easy blaze.pls help me i want to be online gamer like the others.THANKS, sad wink sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad[color=#006600][/color][
Re: Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] by Junior360(m): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2012
winkHi. Though you may already have the info you need, these methods might have the best option for you. 1. Usb modems alone are not strong enough to give you the speedy network you need. You need a router for your usb modem. But not just any kind of router, a 3g wireless router in which carries a usb slot for your modem. With that you can: (a) connect directly from your router to your console using a network cable. The result however depends on the capacity and suitability of your router.
(b) Connect wirelessly between your router and console which must have a wireless network adaptor connected to it (ps3 consoles don't need network adaptors because they're already WLAN enabled), but if it doesn't then connect from your console to a laptop (WLAN enabled) with a network cable and then create a wireless network bridge between your laptop and router. Your recommended system should be either vista or 7. I very much prefer this option.
(c) Connect your console to a regular dsl broadband modem and from that to a regular router which does not have to be 3g or wireless.
Remember that when choosing a router, it's best that you go for that which is suitable for online gaming. Enjoy the homework.

1 Like

Re: Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2012
On point!!!!!!
Re: Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] by Bawss1(m): 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2012
Mart d dart: On point!!!!!!
On point ke. Hooking up your console to a wireless network is no biggie, the real constraint in gaming online is finding a reliable ISP. I have found that MTN's 3G where I live in Abuja has a rather high latency (>200ms)which is unsuitable for FPS. Unless I'm mistaken, I doubt that people living outside of big cities will have any success with playing online in this country.
Re: Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2012
@BAWSS I said ''on point'' because he took his time to answer a question satisfactorily and not put butter around the toast like you just did...i'm in Abuja too and i'm presently looking for a good modem/whatever you guys call it...which do you suggest
Re: Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2012
@BAWSS I said ''on point'' because he took his time to answer a question satisfactorily and not put butter around the toast like you just did...i'm in Abuja too and i'm presently looking for a good modem/whatever you guys call it...which do you suggest??
Re: Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] by Bawss1(m): 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2012
Junior360’s post explained how to connect a PS3 console to a wireless network, it did nothing to answer the OP’s question highlighted below.
charlyPs3: Online gamers in nigeria,you know that there are some gamers(like me) who wants to play online too and show there talents but they cant due to some problems like:1 the right modem to use or 2:the best internet connection to use.For instance am a student in Federal University Of Technology Owerri,so i stay longer in Owerri than where i live in Ojo Alaba,all the modems i can lay my hands on,works only in lag.So pls help me and advise me on what to do,am planning of using etisalat easy blaze.pls help me i want to be online gamer like the others.THANKS, sad wink sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad[color=#006600][/color][
In other words he has answered satisfactorily a question that was not even asked - #Offpoint grin

1 Like

Re: Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] by Bawss1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2012
On a serious note though, I share the OP’s concern so I will re-echo the question; What ISP are online gamers using in Nigeria? On another thread I am made to understand that the famed Swift Network in Lagos is under-performing. What network are Lagosians using then? I am not aware of any good network/company that allows for online play in Abuja even though some people tell me that there are online gamers here.
Re: Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2012
I was told my some guy i met that lagosians use SWIFT..and that it does wonders for them...but personally i don't think the stuff works for blokes in Abuja
Re: Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
That's crap...and MTN is worse off
Re: Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] by Bawss1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
You use MTN to play online? I'm curious, what kind of MTN service? DSL or 3G? What's the latency like on your network?

(1) (Reply)

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Nigeria Mobile App / From Software Meme / It Appears Ps3 Has Finally Been Hacked(plays Pirated Games)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.