Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

What's Your Opinion? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Opinion? (2547 Views)

Should My Sister Do This?? Whats Your Opinion? / Sex Before Marriage. * Your Opinion* / What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Opinion? by Adaeze003(f): 9:19am On Jan 14, 2012
I asked my brother a question once and i was shocked by his answer.

I asked him If he'll still love a girl after something bad <maybe an accident> disfigures her and he said No. Shocked by his this reply i had reverse the question. I asked if it were him,will he expect a girl to love still love him in that situation and again he said No. Maybe he just didn't want to look selfish by saying yes but the look on his face was serious.

Now my questions to all NLERS:
1. Do you think he's being real?
2. To the girls, will you leave your bf if something happens and he's not as handsome or as rich as he use to be?
3. To the guys, will you leave your gf if something happens and she is not as pretty or sexy as she use to be?
4. Is it not shallow to love someone based on looks and wealth?

I dont really have the answer to these questions and that's why i'm asking.
Re: What's Your Opinion? by tellwisdom: 9:35am On Jan 14, 2012
One reason i dont hunt what i cant kill. Dont go for what i dont like.

So i will leave you, if i dont love you. sad sad

I will not leave you, if i love you #Roger wink wink

Kadaze, sweerie Can i touch your front and back?? wink wink
Re: What's Your Opinion? by claremont(m): 10:09am On Jan 14, 2012
Good questions, nice and honest thread, I have no answers to provide, but I'm subscribing all the same. grin
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Mynd44: 10:10am On Jan 14, 2012
As Tell just said, If I love you I won't leave you.
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Adaeze003(f): 10:13am On Jan 14, 2012
@tellwisdom
was looking for a more detailed response but its aight! And nope you cant touch. wink

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion? by IZUKWU(m): 10:45am On Jan 14, 2012
It depends on a lot of things like why am i in that r/ship and what i wannt from it. And how is the relationship progressing. I mean supposing i have been complaining about her behaviour and contemplating quitting the r/ship before that them it is not going to stop me :-/
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Adaeze003(f): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2012
^^^
thanks for your contribution but i'm not asking these questions based on other factors. I'm asking will you leave just because of what happened to her?
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Fredique(m): 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2012
It's difficult to say how i'll respond. but i think a combination of other qualities the person has will play a part in my decision.
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Natasha2(f): 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2012
well I'll definitely stay with the guy like gosh that's when he needs me most. Is it his face I'm in love with? for people who know that your looks is just a plus to the real thing this wouldn't even be an issue. It will only be an issue to those who look at the physical attributes of a person to be with them.
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 14, 2012
Are we talking about bfs or husbands here?
Cos if it's got to do with boyfriends, a bet a great many girls won't blink an eye before running for it. Same applies to guys
For husbands? well, the religious and meek-at-heart might very well stay in the marriage, especially if they got no real assets invested in it. The adventurous might take their leave, perhaps after enduring a brief moment. The promiscuous? well, they'd leave already!

undecided
Re: What's Your Opinion? by tellwisdom: 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2012
@tellwisdom
was looking for a more detailed response but its aight! And nope you cant touch.

Na story teller u dey find undecided undecided
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Adaeze003(f): 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
^^^
yea i love stories.
@natasha
love your reply. Hope to hear from more ladies. cool
Re: What's Your Opinion? by tellwisdom: 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2012
sweerie, lets do horney wink wink. U will enjoy it more than me wink wink
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Cuddlemii: 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2012
He is being real even if I don't support his response but your brother is very straight forward & direct. I am sure his kind lets a lady know what she is getting into. So I like his honesty.

@topic, beauty & richness are minor things so I will stick with him if I love him & if he loved or treated me well in the relationship.

But if he becomes paralyzed, disabled, crippled, vegetable, lost his manhood then I will have to think logically, rationally & realistically considering he is my bf and not my husband (so many factors would determine my decision like would the guy do the same for me or stay back in d relationship n treat me like a leper/outcast).

If he is HIV/AIDS positive, I would leave him straight up, no pretense about that.

Loving someone based on looks & wealth can be shallow but its safe involving your brain and sense in your preference remember its your prerogative so you can do what u like. As long as you get a preference/spec/taste that gives you happiness & peace of mind then that is all that matters and not if people think its shallow or not. Whatever works for individuals in relationship should suffice.
Re: What's Your Opinion? by freecocoa(f): 3:59pm On Jan 14, 2012
Err mm let me check on my soup, BRB.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion? by Mynd44: 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2012
As long as she stills wants me, I am staying
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Joyland(m): 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2012
Yes, for better for worse.
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Adaeze003(f): 4:33pm On Jan 14, 2012
Cuddlemii:

He is being real even if I don't support his response but your brother is very straight forward & direct. I am sure his kind lets a lady know what she is getting into. So I like his honesty.

@topic, beauty & richness are minor things so I will stick with him if I love him & if he loved or treated me well in the relationship.

But if he becomes paralyzed, disabled, crippled, vegetable, lost his manhood then I will have to think logically, rationally & realistically considering he is my bf and not my husband (so many factors would determine my decision like would the guy do the same for me or stay back in d relationship n treat me like a leper/outcast).

If he is HIV/AIDS positive, I would leave him straight up, no pretense about that.

Loving someone based on looks & wealth can be shallow but its safe involving your brain and sense in your preference remember its your prerogative so you can do what u like. As long as you get a preference/spec/taste that gives you happiness & peace of mind then that is all that matters and not if people think its shallow or not. Whatever works for individuals in relationship should suffice.
me like!
@freecoco
what soup is that and am i invited? wink
Re: What's Your Opinion? by iice(f): 4:34pm On Jan 14, 2012
To each his/her own.
Besides appearances and wealth, there is emotional/mental well being and something bad like a ghastly accident can be traumatizing.

You're bro is being honest.  

Personally, if i care deeply enough, i would stay regardless of his status to me.  The problem would be how emotionally/mentally damaged he would be.  I'm not exactly a patient person.  If he can recover mentally/emotionally then i'm good.  He must bake me cake after his recovery tongue Never liked pretty boys. . .and what will i do with his money?
Re: What's Your Opinion? by MrsChima1(f): 7:18pm On Jan 14, 2012
OP

I am not surprised by his response because thousands of people are in relationships with people they do not love or love them. Some people get into relationships to avoid being single, to change their financial aspect, family/peer pressure, and to have legalized sex. Many of those type of relationships doesn't last very long, but if one went into a relationship because they truly love the person and wants to be complete with them and it is reciprocated then it will last longer than most.

True love is not something that you can buy from a store or "borrow", it is rare and usually those who are in true love momentum will not leave their partner even if they have HIV/AIDS i.e Cookie Johnson didn't leave Magic Johnson after she found out he was infected with the virus. TO ME, that's real love for someone.

There is love and there is real love. One is conditioned and one is unconditioned.
Re: What's Your Opinion? by mcnepow(m): 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2012
Wealth and most especially looks has never and will never be a criteria 4 me to be wit someone. But sincerely, I cannot continue wit a vegetable gurlfriend - I kan make do with bin disfigured or  handicapped to an extent, without a womb etc etc provided she stil has a killer pucci.
NP:W4-Kontrol
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Mynd44: 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2012
Hey people wait ooo. I hope this said injury does not affect the punny, backside etc?
Re: What's Your Opinion? by mcnepow(m): 10:17pm On Jan 14, 2012
^If it affects that, then its game over!
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Adaeze003(f): 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2012
@mrs chima
i guess that's another angle to look at it from. Interesting reply!
@mynd and mcnepow
so all you guys care about is pun¥? Lol! Anyway in this case its not affected. wink
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Mynd44: 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2012
^^^
Well since the assets are intact, I will stay. Why would I not stay? Afterall I love her
Re: What's Your Opinion? by tellwisdom: 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2012
hadaze, are you doing me or not? undecided undecided
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Mynd44: 3:44am On Jan 15, 2012
^^^
Can't you do yourself?
Re: What's Your Opinion? by mcnepow(m): 6:56am On Jan 15, 2012
^how wuld he do himself??
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Adaeze003(f): 8:16am On Jan 15, 2012
Mynd_44:

^^^
Can't you do yourself?
Re: What's Your Opinion? by eghost247(m): 9:19am On Jan 15, 2012
id rather hope i would never be in such a situation
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Mynd44: 9:27am On Jan 15, 2012
mcnepow:

^how wuld he do himself??
Ask google
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Adaeze003(f): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2012
eghost247:

id rather hope i would never be in such a situation
me too oh. cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Still Possible To Find A Decent Woman Today ?? / Marriage Is Not Based On Love / How To Make A Man Happy Vs How To Make A Woman Happy (which Is More Difficult?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.