Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,563 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Timaya On Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timaya On Subsidy (991 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / 2015 Budget: Reps Query Illegal N222b On Subsidy / Subsidy 101: Q &A On Subsidy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timaya On Subsidy by aljharem(m): 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2012
Government should do something to help the suffering masses. I am not supporting Jonathan but he must have a good reason for wanting to remove Subsidy. He should have consulted widely before taking his actions. As for me, this is not the right time to have subsidy removed. We still have Boko Haram to chase. There shouldn’t be any form of gathering right now. The timing is all wrong, we don’t the distraction.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/timaya-plantain-seller-tells-his-story/
Re: Timaya On Subsidy by efisher(m): 5:52pm On Jan 15, 2012
Alhaji, when will it be the right time? Today it is boko rams, tomorrow it may be hurricane babangida, tsunami obasanjo or some earthquake! There is never a time where there won't be challenges. The wise men say: The farmer who waits for perfect weather never plants.
Re: Timaya On Subsidy by aljharem(m): 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2012
efisher:

Alhaji, when will it be the right time? Today it is boko rams, tomorrow it may be hurricane babangida, tsunami obasanjo or some earthquake! There is never a time where there won't be challenges. The wise men say: The farmer who waits for perfect weather never plants.
I like those words but the farmer that plants in the dry season and harvent in the wet season only has himself to blame because he crops would not grow well.

Now efisher, I like to establish something which is Subsidy has to go because clearly it is not sustainable for the country to be subsiding petrol for neighbours as I understand.

You see, GEJ has not lead by example and as I speak I am now a gej supporter after the elections because as soon as he was sworn in; He became my president and as an ordinary Nigerian citizen I hold my allegiant to him.

The problem million of Nigerians have now is the billions spent during the election and billions spent in his aso rock.

I don't see the way he is able tell us that we are borrowing money which many perceive as the money he used for the election aso rock etc.

People see GEJ as one of them(corrupt leaders obj and co) now and they would like to see visible results before the removal.

You can't just tell us that 1.3 trillion would transform the economy. NO WAY

GEJ has been the president since 2010, we are in 2012 now NO change and you expect me to believe that there would be change now ?

[size=14pt]People would like to see refinaries built, maybe even power projects and rail projects all under contruction . then he would come and tell us that he needs more money to complete these project and as such subsidy has to be removed. That is more logical because it is the game of the mind that people would at least know where the money would be going to.[/size]

Was it not the same Iweala in 2005 that promised Heaven in Nigeria if we pay 16 billion dollars all at once ( NO country in world has ever paid that much all at once for debts) Is nigeria Heaven now ? No

the same person is coming again with another story that subsidy would turn nigeria into Heaven. Bros that is a hard pill to swallow.
Re: Timaya On Subsidy by 9jaIhail(m): 6:20pm On Jan 15, 2012
alj harem:

I like those words but the farmer that plants in the dry season and harvent in the wet season only has himself to blame because he crops would not grow well.

Now efisher, I like to establish something which is Subsidy has to go because clearly it is not sustainable for the country to be subsiding petrol for neighbours as I understand.

You see, GEJ has not lead by example and as I speak I am now a gej supporter after the elections because as soon as he was sworn in; He became my president and as an ordinary Nigerian citizen I hold my allegiant to him.

The problem million of Nigerians have now is the billions spent during the election and billions spent in his aso rock.

I don't see the way he is able tell us that we are borrowing money which many perceive as the money he used for the election aso rock etc.

People see GEJ as one of them(corrupt leaders obj and co) now and they would like to see visible results before the removal.

You can't just tell us that 1.3 trillion would transform the economy. NO WAY

GEJ has been the president since 2010, we are in 2012 now NO change and you expect me to believe that there would be change now ?

[size=14pt]People would like to see refinaries built, maybe even power projects and rail projects all under contruction . then he would come and tell us that he needs more money to complete these project and as such subsidy has to be removed. That is more logical because it is the game of the mind that people would at least know where the money would be going to.[/size]

Was it not the same Iweala in 2005 that promised Heaven in Nigeria if we pay 16 billion dollars all at once ( NO country in world has ever paid that much all at once for debts) Is nigeria Heaven now ? No

the same person is coming again with another story that subsidy would turn nigeria into Heaven. Bros that is a hard pill to swallow.

when will you update us about the arrested boko haram sponsor or does that not worth your propaganda? sorry i am just wondering why you careless about that pressing issue and covering it up with your hypocrites political subsidy protest. bruv be real for once abeg
Re: Timaya On Subsidy by aljharem(m): 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

when will you update us about the arrested boko haram sponsor or does that not worth your propaganda? sorry i am just wondering why you careless about that pressing issue and covering it up with your hypocrites political subsidy protest. bruv be real for once abeg

one of the sponsors of boko haram has been caught and going through interrogation as we speak.

anyother question ?
Re: Timaya On Subsidy by efisher(m): 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2012
@ Alj, I agree this is one of the hardest pills Nigerians have had to swallow. I guess it's because this is a different pill from the others. I am also happy that Nigerians have reacted this was (as expected). This is because, if it eventually pulls thro, GEJ will need to do a lot of work to justify the huge sacrifice. because of this move, our refineries will have no choice but to function properly. Our power situation and every other key challenge will also have to be dealt with squarely. Anything less will be suicidal for GEJ. He tends to do well under pressure.
Re: Timaya On Subsidy by aljharem(m): 6:50pm On Jan 15, 2012
efisher:

@ Alj, I agree this is one of the hardest pills Nigerians have had to swallow. I guess it's because this is a different pill from the others. I am also happy that Nigerians have reacted this was (as expected). This is because, if it eventually pulls thro, GEJ will need to do a lot of work to justify the huge sacrifice. because of this move, our refineries will have no choice but to function properly. Our power situation and every other key challenge will also have to be dealt with squarely. Anything less will be suicidal for GEJ. He tends to do well under pressure.

You see, that is the problem. GEJ is one man and moreover if he does not do right, we cannot kill him. He would just be an ex-president in 2015 and we Nigerians would still be suffering from the decisions he made.

Rather than promise, vow etc, why not do the right thing so you don't have to go through all the stress.

Many Nigerian ( intelligent Nigerians) Know the good of the subsidy removal including me and I very much understand the implication if the subsidy is not removed. The problem still stands never the less.

[size=15pt]since 2010 GEJ was the president[/size]. He could have started a rail project to link the west, east and north all together thus the cost of transport "would be envisaged to go lower once it is completed" thus he can now come 2012 and remove subsidy explaining to Nigerians the reason for that. Majority of the people would understand.

[size=14pt]I remember during the election when he took the train from Lagos to Illorin telling us that the trains are back. Well are the trains still working or it is just during election periods the trains kick back to life ?[/size]

Those are just few reasons why all this promises would do no good.

Right now, I understand Nigerians stances on this issue which is the reason I stated above

I understand ND stance on the issue which is because GEJ is the first president from the region thus they are doing everything to protect HIS interest.

I understand the SE stance on the issue as well which is the same as Nigerians but a bit more to complicated and the average Nigerian stance
Re: Timaya On Subsidy by Valon4ego(m): 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2012
If we all agree that subsidy would have to be removed someday,them the million dollar question is when?next year?next two years? wHEN?
Re: Timaya On Subsidy by aljharem(m): 7:05pm On Jan 15, 2012
Valon4ego:

If we all agree that subsidy would have to be removed someday,them the million dollar question is when?next year?next two years? wHEN?

When things are in place to

1. absorb the shock of the removal

2. know what project the government is embarking on so we know were the money is going

Have you read the SURE program thing ? I think you people need to read and understand the content of that SURE program

More than half of the money meant for FG projects would be give to state governor. Now to do what ? build roads etc undecided cry you mean the money each state governor is going from the center before is not enough to build roads etc ?

I mean a state governor would tell us that 20 kilometer road is 2 billion naira to build

Haba
Re: Timaya On Subsidy by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2012
Timaya has not been updated ! Abi en no watch D̶̲̥̅̊ debate ni? grin
Re: Timaya On Subsidy by aljharem(m): 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2012
DONkollione:

Timaya has not been updated ! Abi en no watch D̶̲̥̅̊ debate ni? grin

clearly he has been updated and he knows what he is talking about
Re: Timaya On Subsidy by Blackteeth(m): 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
Why are you guys quoting celebrities here and there? Will their mouths change the situation?

(1) (Reply)

Jos Means "Jesus Our Saviour?" / Ndigbo Damn Threat Of Boko Haram During Burial Of Ojukwu / This Governor No Be Small Governor - Rochas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.