Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,839 members, 7,802,689 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Tennis: Australian Open 2012 - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Australian Open 2012 (28426 Views)

Poll: Who will win the Aussie Open?

Novak Djokovic: 46% (45 votes)
Rafael Nadal: 28% (28 votes)
Roger Federer: 20% (20 votes)
Any Murray: 4% (4 votes)
Other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Tennis Australian Open 2013. / Tennis: Australian Open 2011 / For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by femzy(m): 3:45pm On Jan 29, 2012
Santino1:

we did it
Yeahhhhh
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by SirVee(m): 3:45pm On Jan 29, 2012
NOVAK is champion in MELBOURNE for third time in the longest grand slam match ever!. Time was 5 hours and 53 minutes
Congratulations Novak Djokovic. - winner of the Norman Brooks challenge cup.

This is his fifth grand slam final title.

Enjoy the closing ceremony and think of how a Nigerian will be on the podium one day in any of the four annual tennis grand slam events - Abi na only oyinbo dey play tennis?:
1. Buy your kids a racket,
2. Watch tennis with them,
3. Motivate them by registering them in tennis clubs
4. If you have funds, travel to any of the grand slam events and you will be glad you did. It is so much passion out there.

One day soon, a Nigerian will win a grand slam.

Once more congratulations Novak Djokovic, the great champion
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by DonaldsN(m): 3:45pm On Jan 29, 2012
Thank you Lord for answering ma prayer! God bless Djokovic, i was on d verge of cardiac arrest, Hurray my world no. 1
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 29, 2012
I am so excited ,sh@g and quench for me today cheesy

Novak is my hero, how the hell did he do it?

Davidylan where are you?
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by isik: 3:47pm On Jan 29, 2012
like i always say ; Djokovic has a federer problem, Nadal has a Djokovic problem and Federer has a Nadal problem, Congrats to Djokovic
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2012
Federer has a Nadal problem, Nadal has a Djokovic problem, Djokovic has a Federer problem. Murray has a lot of problems.
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by DonaldsN(m): 3:49pm On Jan 29, 2012
Jennykadry you so much motivated me throughout d game wit ya unfailing support 2ru ya posts. Lets pop champagne,
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by OmoTier1(m): 3:49pm On Jan 29, 2012
This Novak of Jokie is truly a champion! So humble and simple He looks, bet Tennis is high heaven having such a figure as number 1!

My wish is to see a Nigerian in the shoes of Novak! Look forward to the day Nigeria flag will be flown high up in one of these grandslams!

Congrats to the true champion!!!, I very much enjoy Novak, dunno where He gets His kind of tennis from though, so simple yet successful
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by omodapson(m): 3:49pm On Jan 29, 2012
Amen. Already billed to gr
SirVee:

NOVAK is champion in MELBOURNE for third time in the longest grand slam match ever!. Time was 5 hours and 53 minutes
Congratulations Novak Djokovic. - winner of the Norman Brooks challenge cup.

This is his fifth grand slam final title.

Enjoy the closing ceremony and think of how a Nigerian will be on the podium one day in any of the four annual tennis grand slam events - Abi na only oyinbo dey play tennis?:
1. Buy your kids a racket,
2. Watch tennis with them,
3. Motivate them by registering them in tennis clubs
4. If you have funds, travel to any of the grand slam events and you will be glad you did. It is so much passion out there.

One day soon, a Nigerian will win a grand slam.

Once more congratulations Novak Djokovic, the great champion
oom my kids to take up TENNIS.
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by Johnpaul2k2(m): 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2012
kai angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by OmoTier1(m): 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2012
cnario:

Federer has a Nadal problem, Nadal has a Djokovic problem, Djokovic has a Federer problem. Murray has a lot of problems.
Please help me pray for Murray not to win a grandslam   I would not be able to watch or listen to radio here in UK! Imagine the hot breeze we are already getting 6months before the olympics  angry
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2012
Donalds N:

Jennykadry you so much motivated me throughout d game wit ya unfailing support 2ru ya posts. Lets pop champagne,

Thank you thank you thank you. I am just so excited. I am drinking one already  cheesy

Femzy, I loved your calm posts grin
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by montelik(m): 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2012
Novak is just plain better. This has nothing to do with having a mental edge. His game just dominates Rafa and Nadal doesn't have d ability to adjust d way guys like Fedex and Murray can. Djokovic  just has all d edges against Rafa.

To summarize, Nadal has a mental stranglehold on Federer, meanwhile Novak has d sum-total of strangleholds on Rafa. While as someone else said Murray just plenty of problems.
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by OmoTier1(m): 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2012
See how Nigerian businesses loose out on the global stage when our Sporting ability is reduced to zero 'cos of incompetence! Imagine the exposure Nigerian businesses would get if a Nigerian features in these grandslam and they end up sponsoring them!
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by OmoTier1(m): 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2012
Clay is next, will the king of clay be dethroned?, looks more like it now!
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by dominique(f): 3:54pm On Jan 29, 2012
What a game, at least nadal did not go down without a fight. Its now starting to seem like the only way he can ever lift a grand slam trophy is if someone gets novak out of the way in the semis like last year's french open.
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by emofine2(f): 3:56pm On Jan 29, 2012
Hopefully now Nadal's supporters will now know how us Federer fans have been feeling grin cry
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by OmoTier1(m): 3:57pm On Jan 29, 2012
Hmmm, see Novak gf cool , she be Latina, that one na Tennis cutie smiley smiley
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by montelik(m): 3:59pm On Jan 29, 2012
Novak will complete d grand slam this calendar year if he keeps 3/4 of this form when d slams come round. D only possible problem is Roland Garros. But even now I feel he will dominate Rafa there too and less chance of Roger or anyone else throwing a spanner into d works.
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by femzy(m): 4:00pm On Jan 29, 2012
jennykadry:

Thank you thank you thank you. I am just so excited. I am drinking one already  cheesy

Femzy, I loved your calm posts grin

I loved yours too. congrats.  smiley

Well done, Novak.
Even with against Nadal and the­ referee, you can win.
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:02pm On Jan 29, 2012
embarassed smiley

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by OmoTier1(m): 4:03pm On Jan 29, 2012
^^^wow, tht stats says alot! very very close match this one!
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 29, 2012
Ya all should not even start talking against Murray here. Everyone knows how difficult it was physically, emotionally, and mentally for Novak against Murray.

Murray just finished him. He just manage his way thru that match.

All respect to Murray and I take my hat off to him. Even Novak must have some high level of respect for him by now.
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by IbroSaunks(m): 4:08pm On Jan 29, 2012
though I supported novak till the end, u gotta salute nadals strength and willpower. in the 5th, when he was leading 4-2, I really thought he had won cos novak seemed tired. it was a wonderful game, really!
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by ifysoft: 4:09pm On Jan 29, 2012
no-le
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by femzy(m): 4:11pm On Jan 29, 2012
IbroSaunks:

though I supported novak till the end, u gotta salute nadals strength and willpower. in the 5th, when he was leading 4-2, I really thought he had won cos novak seemed tired. it was a wonderful game, really!
They were both tired.
Novak was just stronger mentally.
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2012
smiley smiley smiley

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by femzy(m): 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2012
rokiatu:

Ya all should not even start talking against Murray here. Everyone knows how difficult it was physically, emotionally, and mentally for Novak against Murray.

Murray just finished him. He just manage his way thru that match.

All respect to Murray and I take my hat off to him. Even Novak must have some high level of respect for him by now.
Yeah true that; but that's how their matches always prove edgy.Novak usually comes out a winner
They don't call him Djoker for nothing
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2012
cool cool cool cool cool

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by Hardunnii(f): 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2012
congrats my imaginary boyfriend djokovic, french open is next(after a couple of master series), sorry nadal, he aint federer.
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by silvasurfa(m): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2012
Congratulations to nole, showed very strong mental fortitude and those forehand-down-the-line hits didnt let him down today.

HOWEVER I AM A NADAL FAN,and we live to fight another, it will surely come,
Rafa fans dont despair!!!novak will slip up soon  kiss
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 by DonaldsN(m): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2012
Nice one Ibrosaunks. Murray is a great player and i see him achievin alot dis season. He was just brilliant against Novak in d semi but den Novak showed y he's called no. 1 likewise 2day. Nadal is a player i can neva bet against, he'll always come up wit surprises, God's grace just worked 4Novak,

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Hazard Linked With Chelsea Return, Messi's Mount Prediction Justified / Emmanuel Emenike Shows Off Tattoo He Got In Honour Of His Late Father / Sunday Oliseh Rejects Waasland Beveren, Belgian Coaching Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.