Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,916 members, 7,802,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

The Best African Accent? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Best African Accent? (13543 Views)

Do You Have An Accent? / The Best African Artist! / Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best African Accent? by onila(f): 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2012
I think the Southern Africans have the best African Accents in Africa,  the Botswana, South Africans, Zimbabweans, Malawi etc
I just love the way they speak

I love the Nigerian accent especially if the Nigerian is well polished and Educated like Samido Lanusi, Dizeani Allison etc

but the Southern African Accents rocks more!
Re: The Best African Accent? by odumchi: 8:07am On Jan 16, 2012
Nothing beats a Nigerian accent. And you're right, it's even better when the accent is polished and neat.
Re: The Best African Accent? by ifyalways(f): 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2012
Namibia,Malawi and Kenya for me.Goes for when they are speaking English and their native languages.

SA comes close.

1 Like

Re: The Best African Accent? by onila(f): 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2012
yr right about Malawi and Namibia (southern Africans) but not Kenya. .Kenyan accent sucks!!
Re: The Best African Accent? by EEngineer1(m): 10:48am On Jan 18, 2012
@onila,
what do you mean by a well polished nigerian accent like that of sanusi lamido

a nigerian accent is a nigerian accent even though it varies throughout the country
i hope u dont mean a nigerian accent mixed with a little western because that points to one thing - inferiority complex
Re: The Best African Accent? by Ybutterfly: 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2012
^^^^^^^^^sOUtH @FrICa^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: The Best African Accent? by dasparrow: 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2012
E-Engineer:

@onila,
what do you mean by a well polished nigerian accent like that of sanusi lamido

a nigerian accent is a nigerian accent even though it varies throughout the country
i hope u dont mean a nigerian accent mixed with a little western because that points to one thing - inferiority complex

Exactly @ bolded
Re: The Best African Accent? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 31, 2012
I love the way Zim people talk. If a Zim guy seduces you, you'll have to be very strong to be able to resist him.  tongue
Re: The Best African Accent? by Knight1(m): 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2012
OP,
What constitutes a 'best' accent?
Re: The Best African Accent? by slyopez(m): 11:39am On Feb 02, 2012
Ghanian accent ain't too bad especially the Twi people.

1 Like

Re: The Best African Accent? by Afam4eva(m): 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2012
Knight1:

OP,
What constitutes a 'best' accent?

I'm asking the same question too.

I've noticed that some people base their definition of best or sexiest accent to those that resemble foreign(American) accents. Why is that so?
Re: The Best African Accent? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2012
afam4eva:

I'm asking the same question too.

I've noticed that some people base their definition of best or sexiest accent to those that resemble foreign (American) accents. Why is that so?

None of the countries mentioned above speak anything close to the American accent. Southern Africans just have their own peculiar accents. I particularly loooove the Zimbo people and how they speak!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best African Accent? by Afam4eva(m): 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2012
Good Girl:

None of the countries mentioned above speak anything close to the American accent. Southern Africans just have their own peculiar accents. I particularly loooove the Zimbo people and how they speak!

It's more about the tone and not the accent. The lighter the tone the better it is.
Re: The Best African Accent? by queensmith: 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2012
like nigerian accents, when the posh kids speak. . .very loffly! :p
Re: The Best African Accent? by Afam4eva(m): 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2012
queensmith:

like nigerian accents, when the posh kids speak. . .very loffly! :p

Posh kids don't speak Nigerian accent oo.

1 Like

Re: The Best African Accent? by queensmith: 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2012
yea they do! I should know cheesy
Re: The Best African Accent? by onila(f): 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2012
wink
Re: The Best African Accent? by Afam4eva(m): 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2012
Bump
Re: The Best African Accent? by Dyamante(f): 7:05am On Mar 22, 2012
onila: yr right about Malawi and Namibia (southern Africans) but not Kenya. .Kenyan accent sucks!!
what!!no offense but Kenya has one of the most fluent english speaking people in Africa. S.A too have a good command in english

1 Like

Re: The Best African Accent? by onila(f): 10:58am On Mar 28, 2012
Dyamante:
what!!no offense but Kenya has one of the most fluent english speaking people in Africa. S.A too have a good command in english

Kenyans speak good english but i prefer the southerners
Re: The Best African Accent? by onila(f): 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
smiley
Re: The Best African Accent? by safarigirl(f): 1:33am On Mar 30, 2012
S.Ǟ? Kenya? Malawi? Ghana? Those irritating accents? Only Zim accent is acceptable, the others have annoying accents ǡŋ₫ words are pronounced Ŝ☺ that they sound different from what they actually mean

S.Ǟ, do you mean the Zulu or the Afrikanns? Cos they are far from sounding alike, ǡŋ₫ the Afrikanns sound better

Most East africans sound like educated Northerners to me

Naija got the sexiest, even CNN acknowledged that, I just love the average Nigerian accent, ¢ð₪ be twisted into Ŝ☺ many different accents, other African countries don't have that flexibility
Re: The Best African Accent? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2012
safarigirl:
Naija got the sexiest.
Lol.
Re: The Best African Accent? by manosteel(m): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2012
For me, it's Swahili

1 Like

Re: The Best African Accent? by Zairois: 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2012
SWAHILI taifa for sure

1 Like

Re: The Best African Accent? by MrsChima(f): 11:34pm On Jul 23, 2012
Liberians and West Senegal.
Re: The Best African Accent? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2012
There's no competition, Nigerian accent is the best..

The extra stuffs like: oooh, arghhh, hmmmm etc. give it that extra flavour..
Re: The Best African Accent? by BlackKenichi(m): 12:53am On Jul 24, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Liberians and West Senegal.

Liberian accent. undecided
They sound like old 19th century slaves in America. I expect them to say "massa" at the end of each sentence. LOL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best African Accent? by MrsChima(f): 12:59am On Jul 24, 2012
Black Kenichi:
They sound like old 19th century slaves in America. I expect them to say "massa" at the end of each sentence. LOL

Why are you hating
Re: The Best African Accent? by BlackKenichi(m): 1:08am On Jul 24, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Why are you hating
I'm not hating. I'm just pointing out that Liberians sound like they're from the 19th century USA.

1 Like

Re: The Best African Accent? by MrsChima(f): 1:12am On Jul 24, 2012
Sureeee.
Re: The Best African Accent? by Zairois: 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2012
Black Kenichi:
LMFAO MASSA MASSA MASSA ROFLMAO

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! / Bishop Paulinus Ezeokafor's Iwaji (New Yam) Festival 2019 / Oluwo Of Iwo Call Out Nigerian Govt To Outlaw Secret Society In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.