Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol (34217 Views)

Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / Falling Crude Oil Price and Nigeria's N97/Litre Fuel Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by deekseen(m): 7:40am On Jan 16, 2012
At Ojota now, heavy security presence stopping people from any form of gathering and URGING people to keep moving (with the beckoning of their guns). The FG set to #occupy OJOTA now.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2012
This is a democracy people! Don't let Soldiers on the street intimidate u! Soldiers are meant to protect the innocent masses. All we are doing is exercising our rights as Nigerians. The struggle must continue! GEJ has no balls to take on the "cabals", he has decided to take on the docile 150 million Nigerians instead. Why not abi?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by kushe: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2012
N97 is a 50% increase over the previous price

but why are there soldiers on the streets ?

next thing every mode of communication will be shut

finally all the prayers we have been praying all these years finally seem to be clearing road

nigeria is about to change but not without bloodshed
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by CarlosVent(m): 7:42am On Jan 16, 2012
Those of you saying OCCUPY OCCUPY today or tomorrow at Ojota or anywhere if you do not like or love you life then go out and protest and see how your Obituary poster will be the next to be seen on the wall.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Rad1cal: 7:42am On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

Shut your trap! I might be miles away but my family is in Nigeria and i don't plan on staying miles away forever! Nigeria is my home. If you don't like it, you can kill yourself immediately! I D I O T! your statement has no relevance!

All you do is scream like a raving lunatic tormented by his insanity

Do your silly trap a favour and travel down

cheaper staying over there and nudging people to danger

An eejit like you is looking for who to pay a blood sacrifice on your behalf

Have you encouraged your entire family to go out ? If no, please make sure you do

I might even help conduct them to meet with death dumbo
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Beaf: 7:44am On Jan 16, 2012
stagger:

This is where labour should hold the government to make sure that the TAM of all refineries and repair of the pipeline network is concluded in the next 6 months, and Emeka Offor's CHROME CONSORTIUM company that collected $750million for a TAM never conducted in 1999, be made to cough out that money or face prosecution.

Labour does not have that sort of integrity, they are part of the system and some of its sections are an integral part of the subsidy cabal.

Your suggestion calls for a body run by people like Keyamo, Agbakoba, Hajia Najatu Muhammed etc (I'd love to add Fashola, but he's a governor). I hope that group of people can come together under a single fearless body that can lead demonstrations and represent the interests of the common man in a transparent, no nonsense, intelligent way.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 16, 2012
Rad1cal:

All you do is scream like a raving lunatic tormented by his insanity

Do your silly trap a favour and travel down

cheaper staying over there and nudging people to danger

An eejit like you is looking for who to pay a blood sacrifice on your behalf

Have you encouraged your entire family to go out ? If no, please make sure you do

I might even help conduct them to meet with death dumbo

F u C K u ! My dad is 69 and my mom is 66 and yes they have been out protesting! They have left their posh mansion in VGC to protest! U are a vagabond and a scum of the earth! Me been miles away does not take away from the fact that i would be on the street if the situation was any different! Go  F urself you short cited nincompoop!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by otokx(m): 7:45am On Jan 16, 2012
soldiers have always been on the streets in the niger delta so you guys should enjoy a taste of it. Are you raising your hands in surrender to Jesus?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by ebonino: 7:46am On Jan 16, 2012
PLEASE @donadeside
people are serious here,
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Toks2008(m): 7:47am On Jan 16, 2012
kushe:

i heard there are soldiers on the streets

now repression has set in, nigeria is about to burn

Seems you don't know your country enough. With GEJ price reduction, 60%  of Nigerians are saying thank GOD and maybe 20% are still agitated.

See friends, lets be reasonable. Even if we all know there was no subsidy in the first place, lets see what will come out of this new price regime.

We are no longer spectators and we are very certain that there will be more revelations in weeks to come. What i am trying to drive home is that even if we will be paying extra N50 per litre asume actual per litre cost is N40, i believe the excess can be used to build more refineries as we now understand the rough estimate of building one refinery to be 1billionusd and create more infrastructures.

We are wiser and more informed now so lets move ahead and stop been unecessarily adarmant and by the way, Labour and government are expected to work together on the new price regime which means there will be transparency in excess fund management.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Rad1cal: 7:47am On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

F u C K u ! My dad is 69 and my mom is 66 and yes they have been out protesting! They have left their posh mansion in VGC to protest! U are a vagabond and a scum of the earth! Me been miles away does not take away from the fact that i would be on the street if the situation was any different! Go  F urself you short cited nincompoop!

If you think screaming makes you man, then your one big piece of cow shiet

nudge them out to their death dumbo

that is a direct order  cool
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by kushe: 7:48am On Jan 16, 2012
I just hope tunde bakare saw this coming cos if there is no plan B, this is just ridiculous
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 16, 2012
Rad1cal:

If you think screaming makes you man, then your one big piece of cow shiet

nudge them out to their death dumbo

that is a direct order  cool

Your whole family will die in a matter of minutes a s s hole! You my friend, are pathetic, get a life! I never called u out or addressed you dumb a s s in any way. So keep it moving! Ode oshi!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by otokx(m): 7:52am On Jan 16, 2012
is it all over?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by gaddafe(m): 7:52am On Jan 16, 2012
Infact  N97 is ok. Let the strike be called off so that the nation can move forward.
There was no way the FG would pay N1.3 trillion for subsidy. Let's be realistic and not send people to their untimely grave.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by anataala: 7:53am On Jan 16, 2012
soldier with weapons and heavy machine guns,tankers ans so on have surrounded Gani Fawahemi square this morning, dictatorship, i pray this soldier will consume this current political dispensation because is like the don't have human feelings
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by naira2011(m): 7:54am On Jan 16, 2012
Security Vote for State Governors.
6billon/month x 12 = 72 billion for 1 year

72 billion x 36(governors) = 2.5 Trillion Naira for 1year

4years tenure = 10.4 Trillion Naira( All governors)
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 16, 2012
naira2011:

Security Vote for State Governors.
6billon/month x 12 = 72 billion for 1 year

72 billion x 36(governors) = 2.5 Trillion Naira for 1year

4years tenure = 10.4 Trillion Naira( All governors)

Imagine!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Rad1cal: 7:55am On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

Your whole family will die in a matter of minutes a s s hole! You my friend, are pathetic, get a life! I never called u out or addressed you dumb a s s in any way. So keep it moving! Ode oshi!

I made a blanket statement from observation, and you chose to play the hero.  So here i am bantering with a fool who thinks pushing his family to their death is an honorable thing to do

Once more

Nudge them out to their death

That is a direct order

You want cleansing of the Nation with the blood of patriots, then your parents should gladly pay that prize for you  cool
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Kingsron(m): 7:56am On Jan 16, 2012
2012 BUDGET: NIGERIA’S WORST BUDGET EVER!!! SEE THE WASTE
By Japh. Under ARTICLES  
These are critical times. Nigeria has never been in a situation like this in my life time. Apart from the period of the civil war, this is the most critical time to be a Nigerian. Our resources have been mismanaged and now we are broke! Our people are being killed not just by extremists but also by the very government that swore to protect lives and property. This piece is about the 2012 budget and its sad realities.

The Basics:

1. The budget of N4.749 trillion assumes an oil price benchmark of $70 a barrel, oil production of 2.45 million barrels per day and zero deduction from Federation Revenues for the fuel subsidy.

2. Despite the above assumptions, the budget contains a deficit of 2.77% of GDP. (The nominal GDP has been estimated by National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) to be about N36 trillion in 2011), so essentially about N1 trillion of the budget is to be borrowed, or relies on exceptional income like privatization proceeds, loans and grants-in-aid.

3. Accordingly, out of the capital budget proposal of N1.32 trillion, only about N300 billion will be available from our federal revenues. If the “subsidy” is not withdrawn, the deficit will be even higher and the FG would then contravene the 3% cap on deficit in the Fiscal Responsibility Act 2007.

4. None of the so-called SURE projects have any NEW source of revenue to finance them other than what have been described above UNLESS:
(1) the oil price benchmark is raised above $70 or
(2) the Naira-Dollar exchange rate allowed to slide thus raising more Naira for the government.

The above assumptions are far-fetched in the current global economy.

Some examples of wasteful spending decisions are itemized below:

5. A review of the budget provisions of 21 out of 50 Ministries, Departments and Agencies revealed the following amounts for some recurrent and capital expenditure items:

• Travel – local and international N13 billion

• Stationery, Magazines, Newspapers, etc. N4.5 billion

• Maintenance of vehicles, furniture, etc. N17 billion

• Training N5 billion

• Fuel and Lubricants for cars, generators, etc N4 billion

• Miscellaneous: welfare packages, refreshments, meals, etc N9 billion

• Acquisition of Computer Software N2.5 billion

• Research and Development: whatever that means! N27 billion

The actual provisions in the budget would be at least twice these amounts, and total about N160 billion of waste. This amount is equal to the amount budgeted for the power sector!

Some examples of some of the wasteful spending under “Research & Development” are N2.498 billion for “citizen’s call centres” under the Ministry of Communications & Technology, N1.2 billion in the Ministry of Agriculture to incorporate commodity marketing companies! The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wants to spend N322 million to acquire “computer software”. This is very expensive software indeed!

8. A lot has already been written about the budgets in the Presidency. The following are some weird examples of what has been included in the State House (Villa) budget:

9. Overhead is about N7.2 billion, or about N20 million per day to keep our President and VP happy. Their local travel budget is N724 million or N2 million per day, including weekends, while
their international travel budget ix N951 million or nearly N3 million per day.

10. The president’s office has N285 million to hand out as “welfare package”, N265 million to buy computers, N150 million to buy scanners, N161 million for buses, N295 million for new furniture, and N1.8 billion to “maintain existing furniture, office and residential quarters”.

11. The intend to buy desktops for N300,000 each, laptops for N314,000 each and scanners for a whopping N190,000. The public address system in the President, VP’s office and Banquet Hall will cost N150 million! The SGF wants to spend N65 million on tree planting. Note that planting a million trees in Abuja over 4 years cost the FCT Administration less than N50 million then!

Conclusion: There is a lot of waste, and misplaced spending priorities in the Budget which can be reviewed to free more funds to finance subsidies, capital investment and improved governance. Do you remember #budgetscam ? This is worse than that!

Now you know why government doesn’t mind killing all of us because they will not free funds from the loots of their corrupt friends, they will not cut their salaries and allowances and they will not reduce their number of aides. Instead of all that, they’d rather hurt Nigerians by all means possible.

You can share this information with as many people as possible. Information has proven useful in this struggle.

D BEST ARTICLE SO FAR by Chinua Achebe,

Googluck Ebele Jonathan(GEJ),  D man who won an election few months ago on his claim of having no shoes as a boy, the son of a fisher man from otuoke creek has blunty refused to listen to the voice of reason, and I wonder what is wrong with this man, have you forgotten the child of whom you are, what are you doing in the midst of Sanusi Lamido, Iweala and Allison Madueke,  Ere ki ni aja n ba ekun she, (What game would bring a dog and a tiger together) what good advise would you get from these spoilt brats),  Sanusi , a grandson of the Emir a son of a permanent secretary, a noble blood with a university degree in sharia from sudan, he was never as hungry as you were, u are even an infidel where he is concerned, your association can only mean trouble, and then Iweala, the daughter of a professor and king of ogwashi ukwu and, an IMF returnee, everybody in her family went to harvard, she had ice cream for breakfast while you were walking barefoot looking for fish in the sun of ogbia, come on! What are you doing with her,  And then Diezani Madueke, the daughter of Chief Agama and wife of Admiral Madueke, what are you doing around these people. Please listen to the people who are just like your father, fishermen, boat maker, mechanic, tailor, okada men etc who would suffer greatly from your stubborness. Listen to people like who had no shoes, like Femi Falana, Chinua Achebe.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 16, 2012
No way. N65 is what poor nigerians want. This govt is insentitive to people's agitation.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by 1025: 7:58am On Jan 16, 2012
hahahahahahahahahaha, huhuhuhuhuhuhu, wewewewewewewe,sasasasaasasaasasa, tatatatatatatatatatata, mamamamamamamamam, papapapapapapapapapa.
can anyone guess what i just did above? i just laughed in ijaw, tivi, chinese, venezuelan,ghanian,british and french language. i tot the man without shoe(mr.N1B) food said, THERE IS NO GOING BACK ON FUEL SUBSIDY.
NA FRONT HE GO NOW ABI?
these criminals are just taking us for granted. now that we know that our streets can help us express our opinions, let us create a ministry of street affairs and let it be under a minister by name - alamesieya.
we want fuel at N65 and somebody should help me tell jonathan to stop wasting our official time.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 16, 2012
Rad1cal:

I made a blanket statement from observation, and you chose to play the hero.  So here i am bantering with a fool who thinks pushing his family to their death is an honorable thing to do

Once more

Nudge them out to their death

That is a direct order

You want cleansing of the Nation with the blood of patriots, then your parents should gladly pay that prize for you  cool

Ok its alright! Lets call a truce here! I see a pattern here, so my passion is definitely not misguided. I am ignoring your statement , I will be the bigger man!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by ebonino: 7:59am On Jan 16, 2012
i learn FG has occupy ojota, please were are we going to occupy today and what time?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by deekseen(m): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2012
Engineered and Rad1cal you guys should create a new thread and continue with your rantings there abeg.

Lets see how the FG hopes to #occupy OJOTA peacefully, because we did it peacefully for 5 days. I don't see how this situation is going to be made better by the FG forcing its will on the people.  Goodluck said he was going to deal with those  that contributed to the economic adversity of the country, i hope he meant those with bombs and dangerous weapons killing innocent people everyday, further soiling the name and prestige of this country.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by lastpage: 8:01am On Jan 16, 2012
Asked if the strike would continue, he said, "yes, but we have suspended the street protests."

Omar said President Goodluck Jonathan had raised the security concerns during his meeting with labour leaders late on Sunday aimed at ending the strike in Africa's most populous nation and largest oil producer.

He said Jonathan spoke of "serious security reports indicating that there is every likelihood that people outside organised labour may try to hijack the street protests."

Omar also said Jonathan "told us that he has decided to put on hold the issue of full deregulation pending the provision of certain things, especially in the areas of palliatives and so on , "

The president's position, however, was apparently not enough for unions to announce an end to the strike, with labour leaders demanding a return to pre-January 1 petrol prices before further negotiations can occur.

It is not pertinently wrong "IF LABOR HONESTLY CONSIDERED (if that was just it and no Ghana-must-go involved) THE SECURITY SITUATION OF THE COUNTRY "AS PLEADED TO THEM" by Retardeen.
It can only show they have the interest of the whole country at heart.
The mooron of a President justifies being called "Retardeen" 'cos he should have considered the "security situation posed by the BK bombings here and there first, before adding "Petrol to Fire"!.

So what, they ordered a "Sit at Home" but no street protest? Any sensible person would have realized that a "Sit-at-Home" is a form of Protest, just like a "Hunger-Strike" is a form of protest!

[size=14pt]But of-course, we are dealing with ANIMALS HERE, who think the only way to protest is by vandalism and a shoo-to-death by the POLICE![/size]

Some Subsidy removal proponents are still in the stone age, they need to evolve into civilization. They cant even comprehend "ending something" and "changing tactics".

Lastpage!

BTW: This Chap makes me laugh at times! See him talking about "Pubic Hair" when his own is just yet to join with that from his chest! grin Small boy wey never see money in his Life, he wants to die because of the small-small crumbs from the table!
When you see a poster with "less than ten posts" to their username, let it be known that as usual, he has registered another user-id, just to shout on the roof Top and appear like they have the "numbers"!
"Boys"-of-the-Belly! Omo oju'orola rii!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by DanKan0: 8:02am On Jan 16, 2012
lol Dont watch The Beaf + his boys. Same guys that said it would last 2 days then people will go home  grin. Now King Ebele has knocked it down to #N97 after saying no going back. So we are deregulated abi or is it now tax? where are the funds for SURE now?  tongue

Seeds have been sown. All we need to see is how fast it will grow  cool cool

Aluta Continua.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by jeshurun07: 8:03am On Jan 16, 2012
I don't get this:
Is this president dumb or what. He increased the fuel price arbitrarily without proper consultation after we registered our displeasure, he goes ahead again to announce a new price. Who cares? All we are saying is that he reverses himself, cuts down on his feeding allowances and that of his cronies (it seems too much food is what is affecting their thinking) and let us have a thorough discussion on this issue. If this is too hard for him to do then let him resign.

To the people protesting in Bayelsa state, as much as everyone has the right to assemble and register their stance concerning any issue that affects them. I have this to say, do they think the system in place would allow the common man in bayelsa to own a refinery in Nigeria? So when in they begin to see foreign investors take what is rightfully theirs, they should know that theyhave just sown the wind,
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 16, 2012
If they could award a degree to suffer suffer , Nigerians definitely deserve a phD. Dang, how much can a people take from oppressors disguised as government!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by gaddafe(m): 8:05am On Jan 16, 2012
otokx:

is it all over?

It is not suppose to be over. NLC can still go to the negotiating table and ensure the parliatives are well implemented. But knowing NLC for who they are (another corrupt political organisation) it might just be over.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Isrealbabs(m): 8:06am On Jan 16, 2012
Damaturu Yobe state boils, churches burnt and christian killed. can someone confirm this? just got sms now
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 16, 2012
The economic hardship this will bring on the common man will be immense! God Bless Nigeria, just so sad, its depressing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins APC Primaries In Edo / Anambra 2021: Arthur Eze Drums Support For Nnewi Governorship Candidate / Amaechi, Wike, Fresh Showdown: A Contest Marked With Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.