Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,594 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Nine Lies Women Tell Themselves About Men - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Nine Lies Women Tell Themselves About Men (1186 Views)

The Sincere Truth About Men / Facts About Men And Women / Secrets About Men And The Common Reasons Why They Leave The Women They Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nine Lies Women Tell Themselves About Men by whoknoxluv(m): 8:40am On Mar 16, 2006
I need comments from ladies on this topic plz

Lie #1: A Christian man must be God’s best choice of a mate for me.

First of all, just because a man calls himself a Christian doesn’t mean a thing about his spiritual condition. Hitler probably professed to be a nice guy. What really shows a man’s faith is action—not trying to get you into bed until you are both wearing a ring; initiating his own personal relationship with God and encouraging yours as well; and especially holding his feelings back in the relationship to allow God to lead. God’s choice of a mate for you is going to be a godly man, and if you listen, God will tell you through an active prayer life and the counsel of other godly influences whether this is the one He has picked out for you.

Lie #2: If it feels right, it is right.

Feelings are unreliable. Don’t trust them, especially when it comes to spiritual matters. Feelings change day by day, and they can lie to you. Women who rely on them to make important decisions are going to be extremely disappointed, making one mistake after another. The decision must be made objectively and prayerfully. Sexual sin in the relationship will cloud objectivity and good judgment.

Lie #3: I can overlook a few character problems (a.k.a. red flags)—no one is perfect.

If a man has glaring character defects, it is likely that he is not teachable. Teachability is the number one character trait you should look for in a potential mate. I am not talking about normal struggles or mistakes, but habit pattern sins or dysfunctions that control their lives and that they are not open and contrite about. If a man is teachable, he will humbly listen to God and to his future wife when making decisions. He will be willing to work at his future marriage.

Lie #4: I really know him after spending so much time talking to him.

Phone and heart-to-heart conversations are no substitute for real life situations. He can tell you anything you want to hear while hiding behind a phone. But get him with his family, or behind a rude driver, or at a restaurant getting poor service, and then you begin to see what kind of a person he really is. A wise woman will wait it out awhile to observe his responses in every possible difficult and awkward situation.

Lie #5: He always tells me the truth.

If you think that then you don’t know most men in this world. Most men are very good at telling women what they want to hear in order to get what they want—sex. Pressure for sex from a “Christian man” should be the number one indicator of a dishonest man with underlying bad intentions and hidden motives.

Lie #6: Coincidences are a sign from God.

Satan, the master liar and counterfeiter, is cooking up coincidences to get you off track, so beware! He doesn’t want you to wait for God’s best. He wants to handicap your services for the Kingdom by getting you to settle for a miserable and empty marriage. Ask for godly counsel from objective bystanders, pray hard, and stay intent upon God’s will and not your own.

Lie #7: It’s normal for him to pressure me for sex. That’s just how men are.

True godly men live to please God and not their own selfish desires. They honor women as the treasure they are, treating them with absolute purity as Jesus would have done. They care more about the purity of their Christian sisters than a quick thrill for the moment. Sex before marriage is a sin and if a guy is pressuring, he doesn’t care about what God thinks and he doesn’t care about you either.

Lie #8: There are many quality romantic perfect men out there, just like in the movies.

Women have so filled their minds (and hearts) with Hollywood ideals about men, two tragedies have resulted. First, no man could ever live up to that fictitious standard so they are unfairly compared and criticized. Secondly, a woman in the beginning stages of a relationship can tend to fill in missing information about a man with imagined ideals before she even knows him. She ends up “falling in love” with an idea, not a person. When the man begins to show signs of human weakness, she is disappointed but holds onto the relationship hoping the man she first imagined will return. The few real quality men out there are the ones who are living to please God. You will need God’s help to find them.

Lie #9: When I find a man and get married, I will finally feel happy and complete.

If that’s true, why are so many women getting divorced (or wishing they were)? Why do Hollywood stars ditch beauties for someone else? The truth is, you will only feel happy and complete when you let God be your first love. No man—especially one who is not God’s best for you—will even come close. When the excitement wears off (and it will), you will feel more alone than when you were single.
By telling ourselves the truth, we have every chance to find the very best man that God wants to give us. A great example is my friend. She ended up getting out of that wrong relationship and listening to God for direction in her dating life. A few weeks ago, I attended her wedding. Just before she walked down the isle, she closed the door of the little room behind the three of us.

“We need you to say a prayer for us,” her eyes radiated happiness.

It was the beautiful sentiments of the groom—God’s best for her—that showed the day to be what I had hoped for her all along. “Yes, please pray for us. It’s the only way to begin our lives together. The day just won’t be right without it.”

I couldn’t have agreed more
Re: Nine Lies Women Tell Themselves About Men by eveseh(f): 5:59pm On May 07, 2006
nice
Re: Nine Lies Women Tell Themselves About Men by sammyjl(f): 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2006
undecided How do you know all this lies?

Men, "can't live with em, can't live without em.

I don't know about all those lies you mentioned, but I wouldn't even dare make myself a slave to a man, they are just a turn off to me. Yeah, I've seen it all, you think he is the one. The is no relationship that does not have a problem. Its all the same where ever you go.

No matter what the colour of the man is. They are one. Only a few of them are good.
Re: Nine Lies Women Tell Themselves About Men by jess(f): 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2006
Hi Whoknoxluv,
i believe am speaking on behalf of other ladies when i say thank you so much for those tips. Ladies, these are facts and not assumptions. Let's all try to think with our heads too and don't compromise when you notice those signs that say that guy ain't for you. Alright.
LADIES IT'S TIME WE ALL STOP GUYS FOR TAKING US FOR A RIDE. LET'S SHOW THEM THAT WE ARE NOT THE WEAKER SEX BUT HAVE GOT BRAINS LIKE THEM TOO. CHAO LADIES.ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU WHOKNOXLUV.
Re: Nine Lies Women Tell Themselves About Men by iice(f): 2:23pm On Nov 20, 2006
Out of the 10 things listed, i have never told myself one.
Re: Nine Lies Women Tell Themselves About Men by mukina2: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2006
iice:

Out of the 10 things listed, i have never told myself one.

yeah me too . . . . .

(1) (Reply)

. / December Born...gerarrong / Mature Woman For Discreet/serious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.