Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,284 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? (12795 Views)

Closed - Billion To Polio Eradication - / The Hypocrisy Of Amanpour And CNN / Radio Nigeria And Cnn Reporter Attacked During Burial Of Jos Crisis Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by mukina2: 1:06pm On Jan 16, 2012
@oluwashina Oluwashina Okeleji
CONFIRMED: BBC Lagos office and CNN office invaded by Nigerian Secret Police SSS operation. Question: Is this a Civilian or Military regime?
https://twitter.com/oluwashina/status/158879395958898689
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
it is a paranoid regime!
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by chibest5(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
Rumor mongers pissed
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 16, 2012
@Poster

Are you silly ?  When did an untrained blogger using twitter become authority in information dissemination. Its overtly absurd, cos this is a mischievous lie perpetrated to waste bandwidths.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by mukina2: 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2012
Abbanani66 Abba Abdurrahman
RT @jongambrellAP: Colleague @fidelisMbah of @BBCWorld says: "Secret police invades BBC and CNN office in Lagos." @omojuwa @elrufai @ekekeee
https://twitter.com/Abbanani66/status/158876508507742208
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 16, 2012
mukina2:

https://twitter.com/Abbanani66/status/158876508507742208
PLEASE IGNORE THE GEJ PAID AGENTS!
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by brainpulse: 1:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
SSS just invaded my toilet now
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by Atigba: 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2012
Nice move??Satanic Stations coursing problem arround the world.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
Atigba:

Nice move??Satanic Stations coursing problem arround the world.
lol, bros, its not that serious.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by trimwis: 1:52pm On Jan 16, 2012
Interesting I know the government sponsored agent called beaf will command support them now
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by fasa2020(m): 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2012
ekumahost:

then, do online biz, bulk sms reseller now free
everly free, you buy at #1.00
just call 08066424512
or register at www.ifihear.com

you also know you're an ediots ?
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by superstar1(m): 2:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
Nairaland that used to be a place of discuss of burning issues has turned to jankara market where rumours are peddled as news.

Pls SSS has invaded the mango tree in my compound too oh. LOL
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by ismhab(m): 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
General goodluck ebele jonathan have become the first nigerian politician to be a dictator in nigerian history.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by Slyr0x: 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by omosexy1: 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
Must peeps on Nairaland disprove and abuse every post. I think Nairaland might lose its reputation and ppl might move on to other social websites if all what people do here is to insult. Please the S.S.S invasion on BBC and CNN is true and has been confirmed. An investigation is on-going and would be reported by the News stations.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by Diligence: 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2012
If confirmed, kudos GEJA, serve them wt their own pills; they shldn't be allowed to run their tubes wt hyperboles
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by agabaI23(m): 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2012
Ofcom has withdrawn PressTV's licence in the UK
prolly not the best thing to do though
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 16, 2012
From another source.

Nigerian security agents raided the CNN offices in the Nigerian economic capital Lagos on Monday amid a nationwide strike and protests over fuel prices hikes, a witness said.

"They refused to sign in, bypassed the security," a witness said on condition of anonymity, adding that the plain-clothes agents asked about expatriate quotas and permission from authorities to operate.

The agents from the country's secret police left the US news network's bureau after about 20 minutes, leaving a phone number with instructions to contact the authorities, the witness said.

Separately on Monday, security forces fired tear gas, shot in the air and used armoured vehicles to disperse protesters after President Goodluck Jonathan reduced petrol prices in a bid to end a nationwide strike now in its second week.  -AFP

Source: http://www.thenewage.co.za/40468-1019-53-Security_agents_raid_CNN_office_in_Lagos
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by justwise(m): 2:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
agabaI23:

They are even lucky to be allowed into UK at the first place, does Iran allow any western press to broadcast freely in Iran?
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by maclatunji: 2:37pm On Jan 16, 2012
mukina2:

https://twitter.com/oluwashina/status/158879395958898689

LeoMax:

@Poster

Are you silly ? When did an untrained blogger using twitter become authority in information dissemination. Its overtly absurd, cos this is a mischievous lie perpetrated to waste bandwidths.

Oluwashina is a BBC journalist your royal sycophantness tongue
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by faithin9ja: 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2012
BBC still reporting from Nigeria, their latest post, updated at 13:07 GMT, that is 2:07pm Nigerian time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16579001

No mention of raided offices
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by agabaI23(m): 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2012
justwise:

They are even lucky to be allowed into UK at the first place, does Iran allow any western press to broadcast freely in Iran?

Yea I know they don't reason being that western media info tend to be 'injurious' to the Ahmadnejad's Agenda.
Likewise UK have found the constant criticism of PressTV 'unacceptable'
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2012
I saw that on many media. I can't not say of the veracity.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by justwise(m): 2:48pm On Jan 16, 2012
agabaI23:

Yea I know they don't reason being that western media info tend to be 'injurious' to the Ahmadnejad's Agenda.
Likewise UK have found the constant criticism of PressTV 'unacceptable'

I watch PressTV and they are unbelievably un-objective, no balance news at all, rumour after rumour, conspiracy, all their guess speakers are ant-west, no opposing views are allowed. It makes mockery of journalism.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by goggs(m): 2:50pm On Jan 16, 2012
dding that the plain-clothes agents asked about expatriate quotas and permission from authorities to operate.

The agents from the country's secret police left the US news network's bureau after about 20 minutes, leaving a phone number with instructions to contact the authorities, the witness said.

Wonder why BBC and CNN didnt report the stories themselves? It didnt sound like an invasion or raid to me though. The words means worse than what was reported. Journalist could use help with a dictionary.

Not supporting the  action though cos it would be misconstrued as per the timing and whether the SSS dable into expatriate quota issues. Also, it is futile to think that such international media can be intimidated (which i believe the action was). The have been through worse in places like Myanmar, Zimbabwe and North Korea.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by goggs(m): 2:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
agabaI23:

These Oyinbos are really tolerant. BBC has been disallowed from operating in Iran but Press TV has operated from London for so long. Wonder what made them act this time.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2012
BBC hausa service should be shut down by govt.they are acting like mouth piece of boko haram and northern oligachy.this is one station that goes to the extent of alerting northerners in the south to return to the north prior to boko haram quit notice to southerners in the north.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by agabaI23(m): 3:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
justwise:

I watch PressTV and they are unbelievably un-objective, no balance news at all, rumour after rumour, conspiracy, all their guess speakers are ant-west, no opposing views are allowed. It makes mockery of journalism.
You are very correct. They never see anything good in anything western. May be correct sometimes but they overblow it.
goggs:

These Oyinbos are really tolerant. BBC has been disallowed from operating in Iran but Press TV has operated from London for so long. Wonder what made them act this time.
I guess the invasion of the British embassy in Tehran actually irked them.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by mrjingles(m): 3:07pm On Jan 16, 2012
So SSS agents invade BBC and CNN office and they don't report it on their own website? They would jump on it like a hungry dog on a fat juicy bone! They surely wont rely on some kururkere blog to report it. THANK GOD this strike has ended, na idleness dey cause all these kind things.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by doofanc: 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
I must say i'm very surprised about on BBc. If anything, they've always seem to be in support of GEJ. I remember a report by Patrick doyle from Abuja where he kept on saying 'this is not a Nigeria Spring, in that jonathan is not seen as a dictator since he came thru the ballot box and so Nigerians are not really calling for regime change. . ., and so on.
Re: Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
agabaI23:

You are very correct. They never see anything good in anything western. May be correct sometimes but they overblow it.I guess the invasion of the British embassy in Tehran actually irked them.

No they were banned because they keep airing interviews/ confessions obtained through torture by Iranian security agencies, the victims are forced to make false confessions and the station will broadcast it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Better Than Some African Countries? / Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road / Obiano Warns Herdsmen Against Carrying Weapons In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.