Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Labour Calls Off Strike! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Calls Off Strike! (26631 Views)

Organised Labour Calls For Death Sentence For Treasury Looters / Oil Marketers, Nupeng, Pengassan Call Off Strike / Breaking News:labour Calls Off Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by nodullin(m): 1:53pm On Jan 16, 2012
mufc009:

Labour don finish dem part. What about us? *Martyr Muyideen Mustafa was murdered on Jan. 3rd, while labour joined the protest on Jan. 9th.This fight has now gotten worse, lives will be occupied aggressively! Don't chicken out please in d name of God

To all th0se Shouting #dont chicken 0uT, OccuPy d Streetz, D sTrugGle aint 0vEr, D f1gHt is StilL ON# >>
I want 2 0ffiCialLy iNform u dat U are strictly #On YoUr 0Wn#
grin grin grin grin
LMAO!!!!!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by dealordea(m): 1:53pm On Jan 16, 2012
NLC-TUC are all betrayal but one thing am very sure of is that one day soonest, we Nigerians will stand on our own to fight this people in power!!!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by umechuma: 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
The Strike is dead and over
No more fuel subsidy
Expect final fuel subsidy removal by 1-1-2013
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Jay5000(m): 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
I guess the Ibos have been justified in opting out of this farce. Apparently,the learnt a good lesson from the civil war. All those who died in these protests did so in vain. Labour and TUC have been compromised with cash as expected.  Pengassan Sold out as expected and the Global elite received their steady supply of crude oil while the strike lasted. The police, army and militants shielded the corrupt ruling elite as usual. The presstitues continued the misinformation and bias as usual. More armed robbers and kidnappers will join the league to cushion the effect of the subsidy.  The economy lost billions of dollars and yet, tomorrow everything will be back to normal. GEJ and his ilk have had d last laugh. I must thank Nigerians for the 1 week break though. I hope by now that Nigerians will realize that you don't revolt until you're actually ready to die for freedom, and that will be a long time coming for lily-livered Nigerians. Now back to our police state dictatorship, where everyone suffers and smiles. grin
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by blacksta(m): 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
jmaine:

Occupy Your Work tomorrow

Ode and Lol  -

Ol boy na Nija be that  - One sure thing Nigerians have learnt - dont depend on any corrupt labour group.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by BlackBaron: 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
So it was a strike for their bellies afterall,

where is the protest against[size=14pt] corruption, government overzealous benefits,boko haram, unlawful police killings and whatnot.  angry[/size]
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by potiglo: 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2012
WE HAVE BEEN USED BY LABOUR TO ACHEIVE THEIR SELFISH INTEREST,  THEY KNOW THAT IF TUNDE BAKARE WAS NOT ARRESTED THIS WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE, NIGERIA I CRY,  WE CAN STILL FIGHT,   LABOUR OR NO LABOUR
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Daytonbale: 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2012
God help Nigerian for this kind of hardship dat our cabals inflict on us
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Suntemi(m): 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2012
How I wish it is possible for us all to start our own strike. Things will not change even with the so called N97 per litre. It will be same old story. pure water will remain N10, sachet powder milk will remain N25 and cost of transportation will not change. We are just been sold out.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by dealordea(m): 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2012
It was all planned like a coup de tat now NLC-TUC betray Nigerian Masses!!!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Finland(m): 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2012
Mayflowa:

Andrian008, I used to like your analysis. How come you didnt do enough reasearch to know subsidizing consumption is the fastest way to doomdom. That is why pretroleum industries have never created jobs in Nigeria whereas a potential 3millions jobs is being transfer to foreign company we buy fuel from!

NLC was only masses concerned but thay saw the truth. Nigerians refuse to know the truth. Please dont follow the multitude, they are almost ever wrong. That is how they killed Jesus!
I am sure you think with your balls and not your brains. where do you want a man that earns 18,000 naira a month to get more money when the prices of things double in the market, having in mind that he was eating twice a day with that amount before the increment of PMS. where? I said where? to steal? wicked entities!! angry
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Adrian008(f): 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2012
Andrian008, I used to like your analysis. How come you didnt do enough reasearch to know subsidizing consumption is the fastest way to doomdom. That is why pretroleum industries have never created jobs in Nigeria whereas a potential 3millions jobs is being transfer to foreign company we buy fuel from!

NLC was only masses concerned but thay saw the truth. Nigerians refuse to know the truth. Please dont follow the multitude, they are almost ever wrong. That is how they killed Jesus!

I've never supported subsidy. If you're going to remove it, at least ensure that the power sector is alright. I'd say at least 70% of all home and maybe office expenses on fuel is on POWER. Then you still pay outrageous bills to the same government. And why do we, the ordinary electorate have to suffer so much, when the "GOVENMENT" would just put their fuel consumption as part of the budget?  I'd like to expatiate more, but it'll take days.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by mbulela: 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=846908.msg9975015#msg9975015
Years from now, we will rue this chance that we lost.
no one will go on strike again in the near future.
the coming strikes will be unorganized and led by faceless persons and there will be no one to negotiate with.
both govt and labour have lost an opportunity for genuine change.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by potiglo: 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
WE HAVE BEEN USED BY LABOUR TO ACHEIVE THEIR SELFISH INTEREST,  THEY KNOW THAT IF TUNDE BAKARE WAS NOT ARRESTED THIS WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE, NIGERIA I CRY,  WE CAN STILL FIGHT,   LABOUR OR NO LABOUR
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Mayflowa(m): 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
Bizmen I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d east didn't waste their time sitting at home and trusting NLC, they knew it wud b a waste I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d end,  97 or 141 is same to me cos tfare and food will still b up with the excuse that fuel price is up,  U myt as well bear d brunt of d whole 141 once and for all and give GEJ a chance,  Ω̴̩̩̩̥ow I guess y'all enjoyed your holiday,  Ω̴̩̩̩̥ow get your lazy arses back to work,  ₪☺ offeeennnce

Well said. You are very intelligent and understand Nigerians. We had a chance to hold our GOVERNMENT responsible, we blew it!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by iykak47: 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
No victor no vanquished, except  those innocent young lads that lost their lives in the protest, today their families mourn alone while other Nigerians move on with their lives.
Only the living buys fuel at 141,97 or 65 naira.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Alebros: 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
lets see now if we can be as brutal to the filling stations and transporters to adjust their prices accordingly as we were in attacking Jona.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by 989900: 1:58pm On Jan 16, 2012
Government increased fuel prices from N65 to N97 and Nigerian Labour leaders say "workers go to work." sad country
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by JayCee2010: 1:58pm On Jan 16, 2012
They had called off this strike since yesterday, NLC and TUC played along with FG to make people stay home, so that when they announce, there would be no violent reaction among the protesters.

Imagine if people had gathred at Gani Fawehmi park today, with renewed energy to protest and then labour calls off the strike?? It would have been bloody. The violence reaction of the masses would be catastrophic!

NLC and TUC has disappointed the masses, Jonathan has spat on the graves of all those who died fighting for our democracy!

May God forgive them all!!!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by phreakabit(m): 1:58pm On Jan 16, 2012
Many people here feel like drug violation victims of the NLC. . . . LOL!!!!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Diligence: 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2012
Losers, wasted resources.  Eventually, the winner of Jonathan Reforms still remains the common man.  

To those empty barrels: pls continue to protest; in fact this is the time to sacrifice wt ur blood - fools!

N97 is somewhat a magnanimity, by end of March, pls revert to n141 and keep up wt ur SURE Programme.

No more free oil money to south west and northern thieves; they've stolen enof already.

May those who opposed and still oppose these economic reforms never benefit from them and may those who hv hauled scandals at the presidency be visited wt the endless shame.  Lazy and hopeless ingrates!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Suntemi(m): 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2012
deal_ordea:

NLC-TUC are all betrayal but one thing am very sure of is that one day soonest, we Nigerians will stand on our own to fight this people in power!!!

I wish we can start now.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Ovaiegbe(m): 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2012
NLC/TUC una don try .

Uncle Jonathan abeg carry go. Nigeria o ni bage.

Anybody whe no wan go work make him stand for road stop me see if machete no go download him head.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2012
To all ye fellows making bunch of noise about occupying Nigeria, there is still ample time to do that now otherwise bury your head in shame.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by 989900: 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2012
Years from now, we will rue this chance that we lost.
no one will go on strike again in the near future.
the coming strikes will be unorganized and led by faceless persons and there will be no one to negotiate with.
both govt and labour have lost an opportunity for genuine change.

IT'S COMING RIGHT BACK AT US NO DOUBT
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by moshoodn(m): 2:01pm On Jan 16, 2012
Envelopes exchanged hands. . .
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Yeske2(m): 2:01pm On Jan 16, 2012
NLC has lost all credibility, never again.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by vanstanzy(m): 2:01pm On Jan 16, 2012
[size=8pt][/size] angry angrySELL-OUTS THEY HAVE DONE IT, AGAIN! IMAGINE BEING CALLED INTO THE ENEMY'S CAMP TO NEGOTIATE. I KNOW ALOT OF MONEY WAS BUDGETED JUST FOR THIS PURPOSE.
WHAT NLC AND TUC DONT KNOW IS THAT HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF AGAIN. GEJ WILL DEAL RUTHLESSLY WITH NLC/ TUC LIKE ABACHA DEALT RUTHLESSLY WITH LABOUR WHEN THEY OPPOSED HIM WITH A STRIKE ACTION.
NLC/ TUC R GEJ'S B**TCHES NOW, HE'LL F**K 'EM SO HARD.
GOVT HASNT HEARD THE LAST OF US YET, THIS STRUGGLE CAN STILL BE WON! angry angry
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Kk4(m): 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2012
#ioccupiednigeria, *whew*
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by sammirano: 2:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
9ja4eva:

Seconded

It's a pity that you can't hear the cry of your forefathers they are regretting the coward life they lived and amounted to nothing for you and you are also treading that path but your own generations will rain curses on you for not fighting when you were supposed to. even the bible says he who keeps his life shall lose it. Please stand for a cause and don't be a coward
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
the party is officially over.
now back to work y'all! grin grin grin
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by 989900: 2:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
This was all planned by LABOUR AND THE FG from the get go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Military Killed Innocent Women And Children - NDA / Buhari Lays Foundation Of A Shopping Mall In Abakaliki, Ebonyi (Pictures) / Dino Melaye Disses The ‘state,’ Says ‘I Remain Unbowed’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.