Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Labour Calls Off Strike! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Calls Off Strike! (26628 Views)

Organised Labour Calls For Death Sentence For Treasury Looters / Oil Marketers, Nupeng, Pengassan Call Off Strike / Breaking News:labour Calls Off Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by muami(m): 2:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
Very good news. Now the soldiers can shoot at sight any idiot disturbing the peace of Nigeria
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by jamace(m): 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
What have we achieved by the strike?
Use your brain for once to decipher it.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by 989900: 2:06pm On Jan 16, 2012
This was all planned by LABOUR AND THE FG from the get go.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by seenoevil1: 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2012
[size=15pt]NLC JUST B*ITCH SLAPPED NIGERIANS . [/size]

[size=15pt]ITS TIME TO SEE THOSE WHO ARE BRAVE AND CAN DIE FOR THIS COUNTRY :
BAKARE , ODUMAKIN , SNG WE ARE WAITING .
[/size]
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by newguy1(m): 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2012
is dat it 97 naira i pity those dat lose dir life it a waste serious i tink them labour leader only made d protest last a week just to safe dir own skin seriously from 65 to 97 aprox 100 naira dem no try at all i bet dey will increase it again b4 gej tonure end
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2012
989900:

This was all planned by LABOUR AND THE FG from the get go.

Thats what i strongly believe also! Because the protests started without Labor, then they were planted by the government to hijack it! I pray and hope the Nigerian people will wake up and realize they have nothing to loose!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by greall12(m): 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
I DON"T TRUST LABOUR,JONATHAN WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR DRAMA UPON 97 PER LITRE,GOD WILL JUDGE U SOON.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by PHIPEX(m): 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
I weep for ASUU, they supported the strike so Uncle Jona will now tell them that the meant for them has been used to subsidise Fuel. Enjoy free fuel Nigerians. Lol grin grin grin shocked
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
see*noevil:

[/size]

LOL, couldnt help but laugh!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by valencia25(m): 2:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
Does anyone still think NLC are real, I guess Not!
Bunch of Hypocrite!!

You got to read the Conversation between GEJ and Nigerians(Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba): http://naijamediaworld..com/2012/01/conversation-between-nigeriansigbo.html
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by phreakabit(m): 2:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
see*noevil:

[/size]

Those guys just want their own cut self. No one is going to die for anything.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by gascoign1(m): 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2012
The cabals will always win, we see revolution we fear to die, idiots, now the suffering will triple, trust me, this goes a long way to explain that our so called house of rep has no say in the cabal(FG), the last time i checked, they ordered the cabals to suspend the removal. so we doomed!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by jamace(m): 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2012
When i saw the interview of that  imbecille called A Waheed Omar last night i knew they had sold out. He could not string two sentecnes together and kept on mumbering ! Money have exchanged hands, and may the spirit of the innocent lost souls continue to hunt the labour leaders till their death.
Don't mind the imbeccile. That is a sign of guilty conscience. His conscience will continue to haunt him for collecting bribe at the detriment of the people's welfare.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by cap28: 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2012
NLC/TUC = PAID GOVT AGENTS

We the people need to come together to form our own grassroots movement that will fight on behalf of the ordinary man on the street -  as it is now crystal clear that we are on our own.

It is extremely clear to even the dullest mind that this is a battle between the corrupt nigerian elite and the masses.

This is not the end of their diabolical plan to reduce the nigerian masses to a life of unending poverty and misery - this is just the beginning.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by TPrime(m): 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
This has shown NLC/TUC's other side which is Corruptioncry
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
[img][/img]

Naija , as i see this aboki man face i no say something is wrong cry
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by bright007(f): 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2012
Watching that Labour president talking,I knew he was not himself.He talked as if he would die d next second.The NLC is å traitor.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by sonyeah(m): 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2012
Shey we still dey spend coins ni #97 shocked
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
bright007:

Watching that Labour president talking,I knew he was not himself.He talked as if he would die d next second.The NLC is å traitor.

Its guilty conscience! so are Nigerians on their own?? My people are doomed, when will enough be enough? That's the million dollar question.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by studyineu: 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
Why won't they call it off. NLC and TUC leader should start tidying their table cause I will sack them for wasting my time. GEJ should shoot at site anyone that tries to disrupt public peace. Period
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 16, 2012
na 100 Naira, 97 naira== 100 naira for Naija.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by lekerenike: 2:15pm On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Mayflowa(m): 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
I've never supported subsidy. If you're going to remove it, at least ensure that the power sector is alright. I'd say at least 70% of all home and maybe office expenses on fuel is on POWER. Then you still pay outrageous bills to the same government. And why do we, the ordinary electorate have to suffer so much, when the "GOVENMENT" would just put their fuel consumption as part of the budget?  I'd like to expatiate more, but it'll take days

Now I understand your anger. I was angry too that N100B could have been used to buy luxury buses for the whole country before the removal such that you just pay say N1000 to the bank/month and collect bus pass that allow you use any of the buses. That was misfiring on Govt side. Ain't they trying to do that now? Governors will earn more money too. They should do that too

Nigerians are not fair to one another. They all hiked transport as if its transport business is all about fuel. Increasing from N50 to N150-N200. Most lagos buses even use diesel. We should have cumsumer protection group. Agreed there are massive corruption and lapses in Govt but all these is about job and survival. Nigerian wont survive subsidy in 7years. Do you know all subsidy money are borrowed from IMF?
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by xwolverine: 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
xwolverine:

Is it a curse to be black? is it a curse to be a Nigerian? these were my thoughts whenever I am going to work and see how things work over here. Security on point, transportation efficiently managed, but back home in Nigeria, the opposite is the case. I even get angry nowadays when I see the trains getting to the platform at their exact time, not a minute early or a minute late. Why cant we make things right in Nigeria? why?

Some people think its about the ethnicity or religious affiliation? No its not, its the non accountability of the political class to the populace. It the level of corruption in the country and some political jobbers shouting on the roof tops, supporting their paymasters, venting fire and brimstones if the people dare to demand for accountability. The irony of it is the fact that even if Nigeria splits, the ruling class in the new regions, will still continue to oppress their subjects. Ask the Bayelsa guys about their chiefs and elders,  who are supposed to fight for their rights, ask them.

I had hopes that the mass protests and strike would make Nigeria a better place. I thought at long last we would have good governance, I also hoped that I would be proud of being a Nigerian and encourage my children to go back home to their fatherland. I weep for the future of the nation, although that's what you get for voting with sentiments.

I was a patriotic Nigerian, but now, Nigerians are on their own.  cry cry

GOD save the Queen.

I would really get angry if any stuupid NLC calls for any strike in the nearest future.
Let us enjoy the unilateral decision of the government, let it be known today that the right of the masses have been withdrawn and  Nigerians owe their lives to whoever occupies aso rock.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Baxilexi(m): 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
O well. . . Good riddance to bad rubbish. . . Adieu labour.
Firstly, my heart goes out to all the families that have lost properties, lives etc. . . May the deceased find rest in God bossom.
I also want to use this medium to vent a few of the grievances i have against our populace. Next time, before being cajoled into protests by snakes(chameleons). ask yourselves a question. . . What am i fighting for?
Labour suceeded in aggregatimg protester into a buffer zone,(whereas d real protest should have been @ NNPC office, CABAL members offices etc) patronized them, exploited them, put them at head on with the government and in the heat of it leave them out to dry, hanging by a thread, well done labour, well played,
I was of the opinion that labour and its factions were contesting not just against the HIKE but also CORRUPTION . . . But it is now apparent that corrption in nigeria is immune to justice. . . Tis is just too painful. . . O well, we might as well wait for the next coming of JESUS CHRIST. . . Please lord come to our aid.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by coogar: 2:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
nigeria is such a sick country. . . .

federal government sodomizes labour union again.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by canuck(m): 2:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
Will Nigeria ever rise again? GEJ has crushed us with his new shoes - Army Boots! cry  cry  cry
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by studyineu: 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
Occupy Nigeria my foot
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2012
canuck:

Will Nigeria ever rise again? GEJ has crushed us with his new shoes - Army Boots! cry  cry  cry

LOL, actually this is not funny man,
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Koikoi(m): 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2012
Great news. Up Labour
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by prodam(m): 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2012
Nigeria is still the same,
No  sign of Revolution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Military Killed Innocent Women And Children - NDA / Presidential Cabal Agrees To Free Saraki If He Frustrates Magu's Confirmation / Dino Melaye Blasts Sahara Reporters: Your Lies Are Vitamins To Me (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.