Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

where do I invest my money? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / where do I invest my money? (1650 Views)

How Can I Invest My 100k This January? / What Business Can I Invest My Money On? Furniture Or Building Materials? / Where Can I Invest My Money For A Good And Safe Returns In 9ja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

where do I invest my money? by biggozz(m): 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2007
Hi noble Nairalanders,

can u guys help me with an idea of where to invest my money? I mean a well diversified portfolio.

Thanks all.
Re: where do I invest my money? by MyPeace(f): 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2007
INVEST IN ME grin grin cheesy AM A FERTILE GROUND tongue tongue

However, there are many threads on this that you could learn from instead of duplication cool cool
Re: where do I invest my money? by tellmemore(m): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2007
Invest it in what you invested it in to get N20m. Hope that helped
Re: where do I invest my money? by ayusman16(m): 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2007
tellmemore:

Invest it in what you invested it in to get N20m. Hope that helped

what of if na stolen money? grin grin grin him go return am and steal am again? I dont think anybody with 20m would be asking on how to invest it,
Re: where do I invest my money? by bjack(m): 1:56pm On Oct 09, 2007
@tellmemore,
you may not know if he inherited the money,or(you know)

@biggozz,
does your name 've something to do with bigmouth?well read this post https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-84365.0.html. maybe you'll get the same priceless idea i got when i first read it and perhaps it'll give you a new lease on business and money making. please stop goin about tellin the world you 've N20,its not wise(IMO).
Re: where do I invest my money? by naira4doll(m): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2007
Nairalanders are really funny. I doubt if this guy has N20million, but if he does, he should contact me for a fast moving business idea
Re: where do I invest my money? by phatgirl(f): 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2007
i don't like people asking dumb question.If you have that amount i beg invest in me.Instead of you to ask nairalanders how to make 20 million.i beg no mind him.
Re: where do I invest my money? by hbrednic: 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2007
invest the money in yourself,nightcrawling,prostistutes and drinks.
bet u will never regret.
Re: where do I invest my money? by niyyie(m): 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2007
grin grin grin I doubted if he posted this only to be attacked.
Re: where do I invest my money? by Etin(f): 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2007
It would seem people on tis forum are of the opinion you shouldn't have 20million and not know what to do. Funny its a problem but a nice one to have. On a serious note I would invest in properties. Its tried and tested.
Re: where do I invest my money? by jaybee3(m): 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2007
real estate in countries yet to join the EU
Re: where do I invest my money? by slim49z(m): 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2007
That guy ain't got any shit angry

Don't waste your time with him.
Re: where do I invest my money? by UNLEASHED(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2007
What kinda question be dis
Re: where do I invest my money? by slim49z(m): 11:09am On Oct 10, 2007
You guys don't get it. if this guy is worth 2om. He wouldn't waste time posting that shit in the first place.
Re: where do I invest my money? by drumma(m): 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2007
just get some businesses you think would be worth while and put your money but don't put everything into just one business learn the act of diversification,
Re: where do I invest my money? by derasky: 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2007
go on a market survey first. but don't go into anything u have absolutely no knowledge of just because u think it is lucrative.
also pray for God to direct u aright.
Re: where do I invest my money? by IykeD(m): 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2007
This guy does not have N20m, he just wants to create attention which he has succeeded in doing.It's not by force to post a Topic, think well before doing so, well if you have such money then go meet consultants and pay them their fees, they sure will help you
Re: where do I invest my money? by biggozz(m): 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2007
Noble Nairalanders,

I appreciate your replys, everyone of them, I am positive, I saw something positive from all your posts.
Thank you.

But for those who misunderstood me, nobody is a guru in isolation, I stressed that I need to diversify my portfolio and did this post becuse I believe that the best of investment experts are in this forum, we need each other to suceed.

Cheers cool
Re: where do I invest my money? by JNdupu: 2:21am On Oct 11, 2007
I see you're in Lagos so I will answer this as best as I can assuming I was in the same position at this point in time.

To be frank, I suspect you will have to find a very good wealth manager to help you achieve your investment aims on the stock market. I say "wealth manager" but I really mean "insiders" given my observation is that market drivers go beyond typical metrics of yield/retained earnings etc. Sentiment plays an important part so you can't beat these guys who've seen it before.

I doubt if the Nigerian market gives you sufficient diversification of your portfolio given it is subject to the same political risk factors. If you have an opportunity to split your funds, try to get some exposure of other countries' nascent stock exchanges - I don't know to what extent ECOWAS rules facilitate cross-investment. I would particularly try to catch the early growth phases in previously war-ravaged econmies - Liberia/Sierra Leone etc. If not possible to invest directly in these countries, perhaps chase this exposure by dedicating some of your investment solely to those Nigerian entities with stated ambitions to expand into the sub-continent. Eg, how advanced are Zenith Bank's plans to open more branches elsewhere?

HTH.

PS:As a footnote, a lot of money is coming Africa's way in the immediate future as Private Equity houses redirect a portion of their still-bulging warchests away from Western economies given the current uncertainties. This can only be good for asset values (infrastructure & financial services) so I wouldn't dither.
Re: where do I invest my money? by POINT(m): 4:05am On Oct 11, 2007
become an angel investor and look for young people trying to do something professional and that work hard.

Like everyone in this thread, I think you should invest in me, or atleast my site

http://www.talkofnaija.com
Re: where do I invest my money? by biggozz(m): 11:29pm On Oct 14, 2007
Thank you @Concern

I am interested in your response,

I would prefer to communicate with you via e-mail.

Can I have your e-mal i.d pls?
Re: where do I invest my money? by seaun(m): 11:34pm On Oct 14, 2007
Invest in http://juicyroi.com, they are real.
Re: where do I invest my money? by niceuzor: 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2007
Invest in http://juicyroi.com, they are real.

. . . too real try them,
Re: where do I invest my money? by chrisibu(m): 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2007
Hi guys,

Visit www.nairaclub.com, you earn money by just referring people to register under you with a token of N1,500 only. Start today. Register under this sponsor's name chris_ibu Remember www.nairaclub.com and sponsor's name chris_ibu
Re: where do I invest my money? by niceuzor: 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2007
and wat's the club all about?

(1) (Reply)

Eni And Shell Reach Deal On Opl 245 / Is Airtel's Advert (millionaire @ 29) Promoting Yahoo Scams? / Top 5 Fastest Growing Business Ideas In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.