Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,873 members, 7,798,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

The Psalm Of Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Psalm Of Life (1677 Views)

Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / Psalm 109: Why Is It In The Bible? / I Really Need Help. I Am Looking For Psalm 23 But I Want It In Yourba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Psalm Of Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2012
The Psalm of Life
January 16, 2012

"I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust" (Psalm 91:2).

This marvelous psalm of life and security follows a psalm of frailty and death (Psalm 90) written by Moses, who may have been the author of this psalm as well. For our devotional study today, attention is called to the change of personal pronoun throughout, implying a dialogue between three speakers.

The psalm begins as a godly teacher, or prophet, or perhaps an angel, bestows a benediction upon the believer: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty" (Psalm 91:1), ascribing the security of the believer to the character of God.

The believer responds to this blessing by avowing his trust in God and in His character (v. 2).

To the testimony of the believer, the first speaker replies, expounding on the former blessing, detailing the protection provided by God (vv. 3-cool and the blessings of that care. Note, "because thou |the believer| hast made the LORD |Jehovah|, which is my |the speaker's| refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone" (vv. 9-12).

At the end, Jehovah Himself responds, confirming all that the speaker has said: "Because he |the believer| hath set his love upon me |Jehovah|, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation" (vv. 14-16). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: The Psalm Of Life by Sweetnecta: 3:49am On Jan 17, 2012
^^^^^^^^^ Psalm of David. David the man you don't regard as godly, but a killer, an adulterer.

It is Jewish writing that you are wrapping yourself with, realizing that if you wrap yourself with Gospel of Biblical Jesus, you might as well be unprotected as far as how satan will crush you.

The satan that was bold enough to tell your God that he should worship him for a loaf of bread. The satan that knew he could take your God head on that he took him on a cliff and taunt him to jump if he is sure he will not die. The satan that was bold enough to tell your God to bow to him so that he can give him the whole earth that he set before your God.

See how he was playing him? Imagine how easy it is for satan to control you therefore?

I notice that we asked you to convert us and you are wasting such an opportunity. I take it you are one of the brides without oil in her lamp? You are so unprepared.

I laugh at you in the dialect of Olaadegbu town, or village. No wonder Jesus is quoted that he will say i do not know ye to your type of miracle workers.
Re: The Psalm Of Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^ Psalm of David. David the man you don't regard as godly, but a killer, an adulterer.

First of all, you misfired by assuming that the Psalm was penned by David.  It was most likely than not written by Moses who is your enemy.

Sweetnecta:

It is Jewish writing that you are wrapping yourself with, realizing that if you wrap yourself with Gospel of Biblical Jesus, you might as well be unprotected as far as how satan will crush you.

You are again betraying the fact that Islam is satanism in disguise otherwise you will not be hailing satan as you do now.  Your master satan (allah) has so much deceived you that he would crush the seed of the woman but he has forgotten to inform you that the same seed of the woman has and will eventually crush his head under His (and our) feet.

"You shall tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shall you trample under feet" (Psalm 91:13).

This is how our Master and by extension, believers in Christ, crushed and will continue to crush the head of allah and have been given power to thread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy (allah) and nothing shall by any means hurt us.

Sweetnecta:

The satan that was bold enough to tell your God that he should worship him for a loaf of bread. The satan that knew he could take your God head on that he took him on a cliff and taunt him to jump if he is sure he will not die. The satan that was bold enough to tell your God to bow to him so that he can give him the whole earth that he set before your God.

Our God took upon Himself the nature of man so as to make man become the sons and daughters of God, but you continue to bow down to the stone at Kaaba in worship of satan under the name "allah" who also deceives you to throw stones at him and many of you die in the process due to stray rockets. shocked

Sweetnecta:

See how he was playing him? Imagine how easy it is for satan to control you therefore?

A dog can only go as far as the lease on its neck allows it.  Our Lord Jesus Christ allowed this so as to show believers how to overcome your master the devil called allah.  See the promises that we have:

"For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.  They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone" (Psalm 91:11-12).

So, you can see that it is you that has subjected yourself to the control of satan by inciting you and your fellows to murder and maim people.  The thief only comes to steal, kill and destroy and that is what allah claims to be, is that not so?

Sweetnecta:

I notice that we asked you to convert us and you are wasting such an opportunity. I take it you are one of the brides without oil in her lamp? You are so unprepared.

If you and the Pharisees do not believe in the writings of Moses there is no way that you will believe on our Lord Jesus Christ because Moses wrote about Him.  It is only the Holy Spirit that can convince, convict and convert you from the powers of darkness (Islam) to the Kingdom of God in Christ Jesus.  The Mahdi that you are expecting is the anti-christ that the Word of God warned us about.  It is up to you whose side you pitch your tent.  Your decision determines where you will spend your eternity.  Your slavemaster, allah has promise you hellfire anyway, at least he was honest about that.

Sweetnecta:

I laugh at you in the dialect of Olaadegbu town, or village. No wonder Jesus is quoted that he will say i do not know ye to your type of miracle workers.

You may laugh now but if I were you I will reflect on Him that is going to have the last laugh on you, and repent before it is too late.

"Because I have called, and you refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But you have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear comes; When your desolation, and your destruction  comes as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish comes upon you.  Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me" (Read Proverbs 1:24-33).
Re: The Psalm Of Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2012
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty" (Psalm 91:1),
Re: The Psalm Of Life by Sweetnecta: 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^ Shouldnt it be a "the gospel of life"? I know its hard to decide which of the 4 is a "The Gospel of Life" since none is the "Gospel of Jesus".

I got you. Fraudster.
Re: The Psalm Of Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57am On Jan 22, 2012
"I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust" (Psalm 91:2).

Re: The Psalm Of Life by Judek2(m): 3:29am On Jan 22, 2012
@Pastor Olaadegbu.

I always like those inspiring psalms, 
keep em coming.

@Sweetnecta and co Mo's are surely enjoying them. smiley
Re: The Psalm Of Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2012
[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20040816.gif[/img]

"You shall tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shall you trample under feet" (Psalm 91:13).
Re: The Psalm Of Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The Psalm of Life
January 16, 2012

This marvelous psalm of life and security follows a psalm of frailty and death (Psalm 90) written by Moses, who may have been the author of this psalm as well. For our devotional study today, attention is called to the change of personal pronoun throughout, implying a dialogue between three speakers.

The psalm begins as a godly teacher, or prophet, or perhaps an angel, bestows a benediction upon the believer: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty" (Psalm 91:1), ascribing the security of the believer to the character of God.

The believer responds to this blessing by avowing his trust in God and in His character (v. 2).

To the testimony of the believer, the first speaker replies, expounding on the former blessing, detailing the protection provided by God (vv. 3-cool and the blessings of that care. Note, "because thou |the believer| hast made the LORD |Jehovah|, which is my |the speaker's| refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone" (vv. 9-12).

At the end, Jehovah Himself responds, confirming all that the speaker has said: "Because he |the believer| hath set his love upon me |Jehovah|, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation" (vv. 14-16). JDM

For more . . . .

(1) (Reply)

ALL Atheists MUST Read This / How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? / I OWE HIM THAT MUCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.