Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,177 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Help In Game Design And Analysis Needed - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help In Game Design And Analysis Needed (1114 Views)

Pls I Need Help In My Final Year Project:creating An Online Recruitment System / Do You Need Help In Writing Your Project/ Documentation (chapters 1-5)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help In Game Design And Analysis Needed by RitaPurity(f): 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2007
Pls is any member experienced in game programming and design. I need and urgent assistant.

Thanks for your usual concern.
Re: Help In Game Design And Analysis Needed by lordbenax(m): 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2007
Yeah i av designed a couple of dumb games wit c++ and vb. The main is for you to allow your creativity to flow. Know how the game should be; not too hard and not too easy. If you are really talking of large complex games like the ones ea games do then you must be ready to leave your comfort zone i.e be ready to find the right person for the game so as to get the body frames for the frames you are going to render for the game if it is going to be a 3D game. The camera positions should also be judged very well. I guess you av seen all this new animation movies by pixar and co. Building games run on the same principle of frame rendering and camera positioning. also the game should av a very good concept and story line. Nice background music also influece the users of the game. Also making a nice 3D game requires teamwork and good graphics. This is all i can give for now. Send you some more info 2morrow. ciao. cool
Re: Help In Game Design And Analysis Needed by RitaPurity(f): 12:32am On Oct 10, 2007
ok
thanks
I have a game project, am yet to analyse is well because am not good in games and find out the various use cases, actors and their role. Maybe i should send the description accross.

This is the game description, can you help me analyse it first.

THE RING
Each computer game company has its own infrastructure and concept which requires different level of support. Today, game companies develop community support in each individual. But this prevents hybridization among different games and communities.
There is a new company on the market that is focused on two-player games. The company aims to provide a framework, called The Ring, that presents a unified environment for two-player games, Through this framework, game developers will be able to define new games or adapting new games into The Ring framework.
In this framework, matches will be organized in specific leagues and league owners will customize the number and consequence of matches and the accumulation of expert rating points. Registered players will be able to join and/or organize tournaments, keeping track of the player scores as well as playing the games.
Re: Help In Game Design And Analysis Needed by Stanozcom(m): 2:16am On Oct 12, 2007
Rita,

Have you used Ton Roosendaal's app?

You just might be pleasantly surprised.

I don't want to say too much just yet____
smiley

Re: Help In Game Design And Analysis Needed by dasersoft: 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2007
if you are going into gaming, there are some technologies i will advice you to go into. you need the DirectX SDK which is found in www.microsoft.com/directx. this technology is great since most people use microsoft windows. on the other hand if you want a general platform games you will need to use OpenGl which runs on both linux and windows.
The knowledge of the following will give you an edge in designing a powerful game.
Artificial intelligence dont you ever use Deterministic algorithm
aritifical neural networks
spritting and tilling
virtual reality
and lots more.
you can contact me on daseronline@yahoo.com.sg
Re: Help In Game Design And Analysis Needed by RitaPurity(f): 10:31am On Oct 14, 2007
Hi Stan,

Thanks very much, but I don't understand what you mean, did you attach an application (Roosendaal's app) for me to try or what is the software that you are talking about that will surprise me. how do I get the Roosendaal's app, I have not used it before. Can you highlight and direct me more.

Thanks all
Re: Help In Game Design And Analysis Needed by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Oct 16, 2007
What exactly do you know about game development and what technology do you want to write this game with??
Re: Help In Game Design And Analysis Needed by lordbenax(m): 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2007
Yo!! RitaPurity
I didnt understand the stuff about the ring, it was just to complexcould you really break it down for me. Give me your email addy, so i can post a folder containing an indian version of the "Who wants to be a millionaire game" to you.
Re: Help In Game Design And Analysis Needed by Stanozcom(m): 9:43am On Feb 20, 2008
Alright, Rita; I hear ya. Sorry I haven't said anything all this while.
I've had my head in my books & the www (as usual) trying to get my
numerous sites to be as good as Seun's here. cool

Say, do you write code?
What language do you consider the most fun?
What are you hobbies, Rita? Please mention all of them. Even those
you consider corny or mundane.

I read what you wrote you wrote about The Ring, Rita.
I think the concept is farrout, girl! They ought to give you a medal or somthing! REALLY!
Your brain must be running at a hundred miles an 'our to come up with something like that!

I'd really like to know what language you write it.
I think folks like you should write in really really high-level code -- considering the complexity of your ambition(s)!

Ton Roosendaal is the name of the man that is the primary brain behind the 3D modeling/animation software called Blender3d. Its probably the best thing out there (Maya fans, eat your hearts out wink ) Plus, Rita, it's free software.
But some people think that its a lil' bit too hard to learn.
I think I agree here.
But really; would it be worth the salt if it were ABC?
We're talking about creating -- vividly -- profound mathematical concepts -- graphically -- in a simulated Eucledian space!
I don't think that's supposed to be child's play!

Anyway sha; the truth is that Blender is NOT hard. It was designed to look hard to discourage the fainthearted and
lily-livered programmers and designers out there.
Rita, you are NOT fainthearted. Rita thou art NOT lily-livered!

Another thing;
Blender has an in-built gaming engine!
You can design the most complex of games right inside that wonderful viewport! (I haven't done this, though!)

Wanna try it out for size, Baby?
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Most Easy And Understandable Programming Language For Beginners? / The Programmer Killed The Artist / Abeg O,help Me With Dis VB.NET Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.