Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,488 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out (8888 Views)

Shocked When I Saw My Bride Price List. / HELP!!! Ever Since I Entered University, No Guy Has Asked Me For Sex / No Guy As Ever Asked Me Out!!!no True Lover At 17...wat Is Wrng Wit Me??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 10:38am On Mar 16, 2006
Am not quite sure if 'choosy' is the right word to use but i cant quite figure out an appropriate word yet so i'd have to sett;e for this.
Let me explain my situation, A few months ago,i met this guy through an ex boyfriend.We were all in my ex's house and all sitting in a funny position such that i didn't get to see what his body looked like.He asked me what school i was,i told him and i forgot about him till about 2 months later i saw him in my school.We were both in a bus so yet again i didn't get to see his body.He asked for my number and i gave him so he could call me the next time he was around.He called me 3 weeks later and i directed him to my house,i went out to open the gate and i noticed he was crippled!I was completely shocked and i just could help my reaction.I was trying not to let my shock show but i just couldn't help it!
I guess what made it worse was that he started asking me out and i just flipped!
Now my problem is,i know this is wrong and i shouldn't discriminate people but i just couldn't help it.Is something seriously wrong with me or does this happen to everybody? undecided
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by nawah(f): 11:11am On Mar 16, 2006
Your reaction is normal . Most people need some time to get used to handicaps.
IF it is nothing for you stay away because you would only cause him pain. I know of a case where this girl fell in love with this guy and his legs where much smaller and totally useless, I mean you noticed it at once he used to crawl on the floor. The parents of the girl where mad and forced her into marriage, she ran away from her new husband to the boyfriend. The husband took the case to the Emir. On the day of hearing the boyfriend was asked to come forward and he crawled on the floor to the Emir. The Emir dissolved the marriage to the husband and instructed the parents to give the girl in marriage to the boyfriend. HE said if the girl could run away from her husband to a cripple, then it was the work of God. The marriage has since been blessed with children. HE sent me a picture of his wife and son, he has a very beautiful wife.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by musicclown(m): 11:20am On Mar 16, 2006
that is really amazing I can't believe that a lady could do that. If u see her again tell her that I am lost of words for her actions
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by nawah(f): 11:24am On Mar 16, 2006
This is a true story, it happened in Niger State. It caused quite a sensation there too. The boy was crippled and did not have much money.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by lexfrosty: 11:39am On Mar 16, 2006
ROTFLMAO @ CINDERELLA STORY

ROTFLMAO @ SPIKYCYLINDERs shock

lmao
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by babymine(f): 12:51pm On Mar 16, 2006
@ nawah
Wonders shall never end!! shocked
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2006
You want to know the difference between me and the girl in the story?I cant fall in love with a cripple!
Besides the fact that i already have a boyfriend,physical appearance for me helps a relationship to work.Am totally shallow when it comes to things like that.

'Shallow' should have been the word!
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by nawah(f): 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2006
That is you and I think many people would react the same way.
But have you thought of it this way, we are all potential "cripples"
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by babymine(f): 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2006
@nawah
Would you want to marry a cripple?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by papermoon(f): 2:02pm On Mar 16, 2006
cry
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2006
Its good am true to myself but i just feel it would affect my sense of judgement when it comes to other issues.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by nawah(f): 2:17pm On Mar 16, 2006
Babymine, it is not about me here, is it?
Basically what I am trying to express is : if you can´t handle it then stay away.I made this clear initially. Yu also do not have to feel bad. If you go ahead, you can be as proud of him as any other guy.  This guy just has a problem with his legs , that is no big deal.
Yes I definitely could.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by dappy777(m): 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2006
Well to me, it's good to be choosy!!
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by sagacious(f): 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2006
My own point of view,i can't go for somebody who is not of my taste ,being an handicap is not is fault ,we don't need to condem them ,but i don't think you are too choosy .
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by nawah(f): 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2006
That is really sad. They are no less human than you. They also deserve love and happiness.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2006
nawah,was that directed at me?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by nawah(f): 8:32pm On Mar 16, 2006
Nope. Freedom of choice
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by t4cash(m): 12:21am On Mar 17, 2006
Me, i am into what's inside, for real.

I dated a crippled girl once for about 6 months. When i was in senior secondary school.

And i am 6'4" and OK looking, and have game, so its wasnt cos I had no choice.

She had had a car accident and wound up in a wheelchair. She was good looking otherwise and had a fantastic personality. And for the naughty curious ones among u, no we didnt have sex. So its about the plusses , do they cancel the minuses?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by IAH(f): 12:30am On Mar 17, 2006
Nawah, why don't you show some love to the crippled by marrying one? wink tongue

Dappy, hell yeah! It's good to be choosy! cool
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by nawah(f): 12:33am On Mar 17, 2006
IGood idea unfortunatly I am already married grin
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by IAH(f): 12:43am On Mar 17, 2006
Oh, is he crippled? tongue
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by nawah(f): 12:44am On Mar 17, 2006
No but I can change that, I have an axe somewhere wink
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by chinani(f): 1:00am On Mar 17, 2006
I don't think you are an unjust person, but if you see that man again just know that you hurt his feelings and apologize. Apologies aren't everyone's thing but in my opinion a freely given apology shows true remorse, kindness and sympathy. From what you wrote, he knows that you were a bit shocked & put off by his handicap so just say something to clear the air, if you don't mind.

But was he coming to see you as a friend? or a potential boyfriend?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Ynot(m): 4:24am On Mar 17, 2006
Excluding our parents (though some people might argur this), we have the right to choose who we fall in love with. And from your first post, i assumed you would've gone out with him if he wasn't crippled (a big turn-off for you). So, except for the "and i just flipped" part, i don't think you did anything wrong by rejecting him. You have the right to choose. If you had accepted him, it will be love based on pity. And you definitely don't want that.

I know he didn't ask to be a crippled but should that be enough reason for her to feel pity for him in the name of love.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 7:22am On Mar 17, 2006
I think he was coming to see me as just a friend but after i noticed he was crippled,he wanted to change his status to potential boyfriend,i think that was when i really flipped.
If he wasnt crippled,i still dont think i would have gone out with him because i noticed from the start that he was a tad too skinny.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by mustafar1: 7:55am On Mar 17, 2006
aiight lets flip the script. what if he was a rich ass cripple?. and when i say rich i don't mean a couple of thounsand. i mean rich as in he cannot get broke even if he gambles with it everyday forever. do u know that a former US president was HANDICAPPED, yeah he used crotches and was in a wheel chair.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 8:02am On Mar 17, 2006
Are you asking this question assuming i dont already have a boyfriend?
Which former US President was cripple?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Txlonghorn(m): 8:17am On Mar 17, 2006
President Roosevelt (FDR),was a cripple. Just thought I answer your question Hun. wink
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 8:18am On Mar 17, 2006
Thanks hun! smiley
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by bunkbobo: 10:43am On Mar 17, 2006
This is a very offensive topic and should be removed.
If you can't go out with one, keep it to yourself.
How do you want any one crippled reading this to feel?
you are just insensitive to other people's feelings shocked shocked
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by 2cantango(f): 4:24pm On Mar 17, 2006
I agree with bunkbobo and if this is read by anyone considered to be crippled, I hope they won't be offended by certain opinions expressed here.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by mustafar1: 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2006
yeah FDR was handicapped, i guess u didnt know that did u. its all right its one of those things that people dont know about other people.

Are you asking this question assuming i don't already have a boyfriend?

whichever way u wanna take it. either u have a boyfriend or u dont or both.

being handicapped doesnt make someone a lesser person than u. we all should try to change our approach to some things. i'm not knocking anyone neither am i saying am perfect but there are somethings that peoples do that aint just appropriate. i could just imagine wta the guys face would be like. even if u aint gonn date him at least give him the props he deserves for coming up to u. dont just chew him up and spit him out like a piece of meat.

imagine going for a job interview or somn. and while waiting for ur interviewer u see this handicapped fellow walk into the room. filled with life and all cheerful. but we all couldnt keep our thots to ourselves and kinda laughed enough for him to notice and know it was cos of him. he didnt say nohin and just walked. u're called in by the interviewers assistant and voila u walk in to find the so called CRIPPLE is ur interviewer and ur potential BOSS. PAY BACK IS A BITCH! he has the choice to hire u or let u walk. wat do u think he'd do? HIRE U OR LET U WALK?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? / Feminist What Do You Asay About This Picture / Slay Queen And Her Saggy Boobs Storms An Event In Massive Bare Cleveage - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.