Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 (12028 Views)

Three Igbinedion University Students Die In Car Cras (Warning: Graphic Photos) / Unizik 2012/2013 Admission List Is Out,check List Here. / Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by LizyL: 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2012
Anybody that knows about the school or is a student of the school please enlighten me. I'm interested in studying medicine here especially after I found out it was listed under IMED ( International Medical Education Directory ) which means I can go abroad and practice. How is the school as per facilities and infrstructure and how good are the lecturers?thanks for the replies.
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by Vicjay1(m): 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2012
There is a rumour that it has lost its accreditation on medcine. I was also interested (school)
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by LizyL: 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2012
Yea it recently lost its accrediitation but its gained it back several months back.
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by jade5268: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2012
As a medical doctor who currently works in an organisation that inspires, educates and mentors emergent healthcare professionals (aspiring doctors, nurses, etc.) towards achieving successful careers (this include help them secure medical school admissions worldwide), I have come across a number of students who have had reasons to go there, most have had great reviews .

Please verify the re accreditation details.The GMC (the regulatory body for doctors in the UK) currents does not recognise their qualification (for those who graduate on or after April 1 2010

why the choice of igbinedion?
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by lomaxx: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2012
LizyL:

Anybody that knows about the school or is a student of the school please enlighten me. I'm interested in studying medicine here especially after I found out it was listed under IMED ( International Medical Education Directory ) which means I can go abroad and practice. How is the school as per facilities and infrstructure and how good are the lecturers?thanks for the replies.

Dont be carried away by IMED. Its not hard to get a school listed. I've read the procedures myself. And btw, I wont advice you to study medicine in a school with a diagnostically shaky accreditation status. Dont you have other choices We can help you iron the issues out.
LizyL:

Dont be carried away by IMED. Its not hard to get a school listed. I've read the procedures myself. And btw, I wont advice you to study medicine in a school with a diagnostically shaky accreditation status. Dont you have other choices We can help you iron the issues out.
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by tjoseph: 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2012
If u are thinking of Medicine, think India.contact me on facebook trust4real1914@yahoo.com(trust joseph).
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by LizyL: 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2012
Well im not interedted in the UK to be honest but thanks for your input. And yes I know it has problems with accreditation but it seems that it will be stable from now even though we can't be sure. I'm interested in private unis after living abroad for 17 years and I have heard about strike and many scary things that go on in federal and state unis,

Also I'm filling my jamb form and I'm condused about which schools to put as first and second choice, Help me out, Especially which schools accept medicine as second choice?
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by lomaxx: 1:49am On Jan 18, 2012
LizyL:

Well im not interedted in the UK to be honest but thanks for your input. And yes I know it has problems with accreditation but it seems that it will be stable from now even though we can't be sure.
i admire your faith
I'm interested in private unis
fine. Not many private unis are accredited for medicine over here. Their unstable accreditation status leaves one more confused. Heard of BINGHAM UNIVRERSITY??
Check it out
after living abroad for 17 years and I have heard about strike and many scary things that go on in federal and state unis,
strike happens, yes. But believe me- we have the best lecturers around. I wonder how many private universities can consistently maintain the calibre of lecturers (in medicine) a federal university does. Not ruling out the possibility though.

Also I'm filling my jamb form and I'm condused about which schools to put as first and second choice Help me out
what are those choices?? Bring them on
Especially which schools accept medicine as second choice?
i think university of calabar does.
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by lomaxx: 1:52am On Jan 18, 2012
And Lizyl besides- whats your state of origin??
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by LizyL: 7:53am On Jan 18, 2012
lomaxx:

And Lizyl besides- whats your state of origin??
im from imo state, and i understand what u been by the quality of lecturers and what not but i also want a safe school with a nice clean environment, and very nice accomodation, can i get that at a federal or state uni?
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by lomaxx: 10:57am On Jan 18, 2012
LizyL:

im from imo state,
ok, I seeee.
and i understand what u been by the quality of lecturers and what not but i also want a safe school
most shools, esp federal unis have very good security. The rest would depend on ur intuition and ur eyes too
with a nice clean environment, and very nice accomodation,
you gotta see for yourself. You can figure out the rest.
can i get that at a federal or state uni?
possibly
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by LizyL: 4:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
where is everyone?
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by bales1: 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2012
i choose it as my second choice, how much is their fees?

I wanna choose babcock for nursing, but no accreditation, sad
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by Oliandre(m): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
LizyL: where is everyone?
av u gotten d form? Am a studnt of d university in ma final year now studying economics nd development studies @ my dear you ar making the right choice if iits medicine u want to study in 9geria.
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by LizyL: 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
Yes already did, and are you sure its a good choice to do medicine at your school?
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by Oliandre(m): 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
LizyL: Yes already did, and are you sure its a good choice to do medicine at your school?
. Yes it is, dats if u want to study in Nigeria. Av friends studying medicine, but my dear these guys read alot, a frnd of mine reads for lyk eight hours in a day.. U av tob very serious, Wish u successs..
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by LizyL: 12:05am On Jul 09, 2012
Ok well i shall see,
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by Oliandre(m): 3:32am On Jul 09, 2012
Hope we get to see in sch this session...
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by LizyL: 9:00am On Jul 09, 2012
Thats if they take me in.. We will see
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by Oliandre(m): 10:16am On Jul 09, 2012
LizyL: Thats if they take me in.. We will see
. Sure they would take u in cos d entrance exams arent dat difficult but the real task is wen u av enterd d real screenin wud b from two hundred three hundred level cos i remember wen i was in hundred level they were over five hundred studnt studyin medicine bt wen we got to two hundred level they slashed them to one hundred nd fifty.. Most of dem didnt not make cos mayb dats nt wat dey want to reali study some say presure frm their parnts nd all,, wishin u success once more
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by LizyL: 11:22am On Jul 09, 2012
So they slash students based on their performance in the first year? And also.. Are they still having problems with accreditation.. I hope not cause i dont want to spend 9 years for. 6 year course..
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by Promxy94(m): 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2012
LizyL: So they slash students based on their performance in the first year? And also.. Are they still having problems with accreditation.. I hope not cause i dont want to spend 9 years for. 6 year course..
which school are you guys talking about,am interested in these thread
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by LizyL: 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2012
Igbinedion university
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by Promxy94(m): 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2012
Am a law aspirant By GOD GRACE,i choose the sch,my exam is on 22nd
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by LizyL: 6:05pm On Jul 09, 2012
Did you choose them in jamb? And i thought the exam is on the 21st..
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by Oliandre(m): 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
Promxy94: Am a law aspirant By GOD GRACE,i choose the sch,my exam is on 22nd
that the best private uni you can study law in nigeria i can help you with som of their past qst..wishing you success
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by Oliandre(m): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2012
LizyL: Did you choose them in jamb? And i thought the exam is on the 21st..
where do you reside ?
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by Oliandre(m): 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2012
LizyL: So they slash students based on their performance in the first year? And also.. Are they still having problems with accreditation.. I hope not cause i dont want to spend 9 years for. 6 year course..
yeah they do dats if u are carried away.
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by LizyL: 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2012
I know im not going to get carried away, but from recent stories, it seems the school is not so safe... Is there security now?
Re: Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 by Oliandre(m): 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2012
LizyL: I know im not going to get carried away, but from recent stories, it seems the school is not so safe... Is there security now?
Nigeria as a whole is having a very serious p of insecurity . are you a christian ? if yes when you get there look a a living crh and attend and make sure you mind your business. i knw you ar refering to what recewntly hapnd, like the amnesty stdnt and all i av been in that sch for three session goin to ma final yr av never had any major p wit anyone.. check out ma topic on why you nust talk about sex with ur child and comment on it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Admission Into MED Schools In Nigeria - What You Need To Know / What Is The Work And Uses Of Psychologist? / 182 Bag First Class As OAU Holds 43rd Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.