Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Fashola For President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola For President Of Nigeria (1506 Views)

Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship / Can You Vote Fashola For President In 2015? / Lagos Tenancy Bill Passed To Fashola For Signing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola For President Of Nigeria by NegroNtns(m): 7:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
Dear Lagosians,

For the past few days, I have monitored the developments related to the public protest against the increase in the pump price of petrol.

During that period, I have at the invitation of my colleagues in the Governor’s Forum responded to an invitation from the Presidency.

My role since last Monday till date has been to find a ground of compromise that stabilizes the polity, protects our democracy and prevent any loss of lives. Inspite of these efforts, we were not wholly successful in preventing the loss of the life of a young Nigerian, AdemolaAderinto who was sadly shot.

I am truly saddened by that ugly development. While I condole with his family, I pledge the commitment of our Government to bring the alleged perpetrator to justice.

I have decided to address you today in view of the very disquieting developments that occurred overnight especially the deployment of soldiers across Lagos.

[bold] I have the highest respect for members of our military, especially because they have made a contract with all of us that they will willingly lay down their lives whenever it becomes necessary to do so, in order to protect us.

This covenant is instructive, because soldiers did not sign up to stop us from expressing our grievance about things that we are displeased about.[/bold]

It is not disputable that the citizens who have gathered in several parts of Lagos like Falomo, Ikorodu and Ojota to mention a few have largely conducted themselves peacefully, singing and dancing while they expressed their displeasure at the way that we have taken decisions that affect them.

[bold]That in my view should not offend those of us in Government. The majority of these people who represent diverse interests have not broken any law. If they have, it is my opinion that in a constitutional democracy, it is the police that hasthe responsibility for restoring law and order if civil protests threatens the breach of the peace.

This is not justification for sending out soldiers to a gathering of unarmed citizens. Every one of us, or at least majority of us who hold public office danced and sang before these same people when we were seeking their votes.

Why should we feel irritated when they sing and dance in protest against what we have done?[/bold]

For me this is not a matter for the military. The sooner we rethink and rescind this decision the better and stronger our democracy will be.

If anything, this is a most welcome transformation of our democracy in the sense that it provokes a discussion of economic policies and this inevitably may result in political debate.

I therefore urge the reconsideration of the decision to deploy soldiers and implore the President and Commander-in-Chief to direct their withdrawal from our streets, I must also emphasize that the rights of free speech and protest is not absolute. They impose the duty not to break the law, breach the peace, endanger human life or destroy property whether public or private.

They also impose the duty to respect the rights of others not to support our protest and indeed to support what we oppose. At the end of the day, it is a contest of ideas in which the most persuasive will get the endorsement of the majority of the people we serve.

I am convinced that our democracy is mature enough to accommodate this. We must do our best to ensure that it does.

God bless you all.

BabatundeRajiFashola, SAN
Governor of Lagos State

Monday, January 16, 2012

SS is a failure in championing democratic process. GEJ must go!!
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by NegroNtns(m): 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
From an encounter with govt in Abuja few days earlier. . . . Fashola educates Aso Rock on the principles of democracy.

Officials of the government at the special meeting with the Labour union leaders had reportedly expressed dismay at the dimension of the anti-fuel subsidy protests in Lagos and hence berated the governor for his inability to temper the tension by refusing members of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG) led by Pastor Tunde Bakare the free leverage it has been having all along.

Insiders at the meeting told Saturday Tribune that a well prepared Fashola had harangued the government officials on the manner of handling protests of a huge magnitude, disclosing to them that his government was all along vigilant about every movement of the protesters in Lagos and had devised the means of making them act peacefully.

The Lagos governor, according to reports, was vehement in declaring that democracy forbids any government to clamp down on protesters, a reason the Lagos State government resolved to manage the protests by ensuring security of lives and property, while also discouraging acts of arson and vandalism by protesters.

Fashola reportedly told the officials of government that having provided security cover for protesters and other logistics including ambulances, fire fighting equipment and a constant dialogue with the arrow heads, no one should expect the Lagos protests to degenerate into chaos.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2012
If he comes out in2015,I wl campaign 4him anywhere I am cos he respects & knws wot democracy is all abt!
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by talktrue1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 16, 2012
nikkykay:

If he comes out in2015,I wl campaign 4him anywhere I am cos he respects & knws wot democracy is all abt!

Then be ready to spend your salary in paying toll gates
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Rad1cal: 9:29pm On Jan 16, 2012
talk true:

Then be ready to spend your salary in paying toll gates

grin

Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by emiye(m): 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2012
He is a viable candidate.

All this toll gates brouhaha is simply a political jargon. GEJ is introducing toll gates also.

The school fees for Staylites (year 2 and above)in Lagos State University is still one of the cheapest , if not the cheapest, when compared to all other 35 state universities in Nigeria. If any one has a different idea, let them come out with figures, cos i know what i am saying.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by gendebs(m): 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
president for which country? I hope it is not Nigeria. I strongly say no to god fatherism government
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by EkoIle1: 10:24pm On Jan 16, 2012
And so it shall be. It's just a matter of time.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Ogetogeo(m): 10:38pm On Jan 16, 2012
Dreamers on d loose grin cheesy
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Ogetogeo(m): 10:41pm On Jan 16, 2012
Dreamers on d loose grin cheesy

The same man dat is a stooge to Tinubu.
The same man that deployed gun wielding mobile police on d armless peaceful protesters against d lekki tool gate.
Same man dat deployed thugs on protesters.
D same man that milks lagosians dry tru multiple taxation.

Dream on! Ignorance is bliss.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Nchara: 10:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
Of course, he can be president of Oduawaland
President of Nigeria ko, babapupa ni.
As soon as he leaves office in 2015, EFFC goes after him. Ole buruku ni gbogbo yin.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Chyz2: 10:45pm On Jan 16, 2012
[size=30pt]ROTFLMAO[/size]! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by BigB11(m): 11:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
Fashola happens to be one of my fav leaders today in Nigeria.
But for some reasons I do not believe that at this time he has what it takes to lead Nigeria effectively and efficiently.
Leading Nigeria is a completely different animal/ball game. We are not talking about just Lagos, we are talking about the entire Nigeria.

Fashola still can't even handle Tinubu, how do you think this dude will be able to handle the northerners effectively?
Nigeria needs a very strong leader, who has the capabilities and charisma to be respected by everybody and reach out to the entire country broadly.
I'm very sure that respect for Fashola will not pass Ogun state.

I also think Fashola as a president will struggle when it comes to making certain decisions. Lekki toll amongst many other decisions is a very good example of weak decision by Fashola.
Lagos state remains the easiest state to manage in Nigeria, therefore it will be foolish to grade him based on his performance on managing the richest and easiest state in Nigeria.
I need Fashola to be the governor of Oyo state or Kogi state for just a year. I guarantee you guys that you will witness his weakness in less than 4 months.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by PointB: 3:16am On Jan 17, 2012
Big B1:

But for some reasons I do not believe that at this time he has what it takes to lead Nigeria effectively and efficiently.
Leading Nigeria is a completely different animal/ball game. We are not talking about just Lagos, we are talking about the entire Nigeria.

Fashola still can't even handle Tinubu, how do you think this dude will be able to handle the northerners effectively?
Nigeria needs a very strong leader, who has the capabilities and charisma to be respected by everybody and reach out to the entire country broadly.

I also think Fashola as a president will struggle when it comes to making certain decisions. Lekki toll amongst many other decisions is a very good example of weak decision by Fashola.
Lagos state remains the easiest state to manage in Nigeria, therefore it will be foolish to grade him based on his performance on managing the richest and easiest state in Nigeria.
I need Fashola to be the governor of Oyo state or Kogi state for just a year. I guarantee you guys that you will witness his weakness in less than 4 months.

apt wink
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by BlackPikiN(m): 3:31am On Jan 17, 2012
Eko Ile:

And so it shall be. It's just a matter of time.

If na your Job to be PRO for Fashola, then he better sack you kia kia.
Your job here on NL is distasteful and disgraceful to say the least.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by EkoIle1: 4:16am On Jan 17, 2012
BlackPikiN:

If na your Job to be PRO for Fashola, then he better sack you kia kia.
Your job here on NL is distasteful and disgraceful to say the least.

Fcukkkk you and everything you stand for in Life.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Nchara: 4:18am On Jan 17, 2012
Eko Ile:

Everlasting loser.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by NegroNtns(m): 4:49am On Jan 17, 2012
Eko Ile, abeg be patient, lets give it one or two days. . . bokoharam will descend on them again. Then they will start crying that boko is killing christians to get our sympathy. But they forget there are christians in West when they rejoice at boots and guns on our streets.

Be patient my brother. . . .just few more hours, they will come calling for support and christian sympathy.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by EkoIle1: 4:55am On Jan 17, 2012
Nchara:

Everlasting loser.

Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by EkoIle1: 4:57am On Jan 17, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Eko Ile, abeg be patient, lets give it one or two days. . . bokoharam will descend on them again. Then they will start crying that boko is killing christians to get our sympathy. But they forget there are christians in West when they rejoice at boots and guns on our streets.

Be patient my brother. . . .just few more hours, they will come calling for support and christian sympathy.

I just can not stand these annoying pests.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Nchara: 4:58am On Jan 17, 2012
Eko Ile:

The biliousness of your existence is palpable. I guess the subsidy removal has taken a toll on you by reducing the amount of bribe money you receive from Fasola/Tinubu. You be proper omo odo.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by EkoIle1: 5:04am On Jan 17, 2012
Nchara:

The biliousness of your existence is palpable. I guess the subsidy removal has taken a toll on you by reducing the amount of bribe money you receive from Fasola/Tinubu. You be proper omo odo.

Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by BlackPikiN(m): 5:05am On Jan 17, 2012
Eko Ile:

How can anyone sensible employ you as a PR or whatever?
You a big time dunce! Omo Ale!

Come and campaign now and let me see. Thief
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by EkoIle1: 5:12am On Jan 17, 2012
BlackPikiN:

How can anyone sensible employ you as a PR or whatever?
You a big time dunce! Omo Ale!

Come and campaign now and let me see. Thief

Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by BlackPikiN(m): 5:12am On Jan 17, 2012
Tinubu Allegedly Collecting N200 Million From Assembly Allowance – How Oando Boss Wale Tinubu Helped Him Steal Lagos Lands.

Recently the public was awash with reports of the arrest of the of the Lagos House of Assembly Speaker, Hon. Adeyemi Ikuforiji, over allegations bordering on corruption and abuse of office.

The petitioner stated that Ikuforiji used his position as Speaker to collect a monthly running cost of N500 million on first line charge. In the last 14 months, he was said to have collected not less than N7 billion, which he has been funnelling abroad to buy properties through proxies and his automobile company called Brown Motors, located at 2, Mobolaji Bank-Anthony Way, Maryland, Ikeja Lagos, adding that Mr. Ikuforiji committed perjury by denying his record of conviction in his INEC forms submitted in 2007 and 2011, whereas he had been convicted twice in the United States, in 2001 and 2005.

Though the Speaker has been released from the EFCC’s custody, the allegation has not only dented his image in the political landscape, it has rubbished his posture on good governance and rule of law.

However, those who are in the know claimed that the Speaker could not have perpetrated the fraud without the support of the Lion of Bourdillon and godfather ofLagosStatepolitics, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who is facing corruption charges with ICPC for operating a foreign account while serving as the governor ofLagosState. The source who craves anonymity stated that the Speaker is remitting whopping sum of N200m to the former governor on a monthly basis just to secure his political future, especially his ambition to become theLagosStategovernor.

This is not the first time the former governor would be mentioned in this kind of fraud-related act. It would be recalled that a group known as Concerned Citizens of Lagos had levelled allegations of corruption against the former governor, accusing him of grabbing lands ofLagosStateusing front and proxies that include the boss of Oando Petroleum, Wale Tinubu, and that he has so far converted over N500bn worth of land inLagos.

The group claimed that Tinubu used his position to acquire No 4 Oyinkan Abayomi (formerly Queen’s ) Drive, Ikoyi, a five-bedroom detached house on one acre of land, which was a Lagos State Governor’s guest house since 1979. The C of O was signed and released to him by Fashola in 2007 shortly after he assumed office. The property is valued at N450 million.

Also his residence at26 Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi was initially falsely presented as Oando Plc guest house. Later, he purportedly bought it from Oando, and used public fund to rebuild and renovate it. Recently, theLagosStategovernment bought the property and paid an undisclosed sum to him and thereafter gave the property back to him under the bogus Pension Bill he signed to law shortly before he left office in 2007. The property is worth over N600 million

The annex of theLagosState Guest House in Asokoro,Abujawas bought by the State Government in 2006 for N450 million purportedly to protect the main house from security breach. Shortly after he left office, the property was transferred to him under the pension plan he signed into law before he left office. Not only this, the 250 hectare land valued at about N35 billion strategically located at the Ajah junction on Lekki Road which was initially meant for a General Hospital for the people of Eti-Osa local government was stolen by Tinubu and handed over to Trojan Estate Ltd, a company owned by Deji and Wale Tinubu, to develop as Royal Garden housing estate at the expense of the tax payers of Lagos.

He is also said to have acquired 1,000 hectares of land valued at about N75 billion located at Abijo at Ibeju-Lekki LG and given it to LCC, which is part owned by Tinubu and Fashola and being developed as a golf course and housing estate by Assets and Resource Management Ltd (ARM).

A prime land of 157 hectares with 2.5km of Atlantic beachfront valued at about N10 billion was stolen by Tinubu from the communities of Siriwon, Igbekodo, Apakin, etc in Ibeju-Lekki LG and given to Ibukun Fakeye, his crony, to build a golf course and luxury villa with little or no compensation to the villagers. In addition, Tinubu paid $20 million (N3 billion) public funds to Ibukun Fakeye to commence the project in late 2006. Fashola has since released additional funding for this project, which is not owned by the state government.

A one-acre Parkview, Ikoyi foreshore land valued at N1 billion reclaimed byLagosState Government is now owned by Bola Tinubu. While in office, he also allocated to himself the former Strabag yard beside theLagosStatesecretariat at Alausa, Ikeja.

Another is a choice property at Lekki-Epe road on which he built and owns the multi-billion naira Oriental Hotel and the extension of a multi-storey car park beside it. Also is the multi-level recreation centre by Mobil in Oniru Estate on Lekki-Epe road, which he jointly owns with ARM and Tunji Olowolafe. All these assets valued at over N25 billion were obtained without paying a kobo to the Lagos State Government.

Tinubu and Fashola sold the following primeLagosproperties to their personal friend and front, Prince Dipo Eludoyin, at very ridiculous prices:

* The 3.8 hectares oflandofLagos State Fisheriesoffice in VI (beside theInstituteofOceanography) valued at N3 billion.

* The Fishery landing jetty at Badore (where the Ilubirin fishermen were to be relocated) valued at N500 million

* The entire Ogudu foreshore scheme initially earmarked for low cost housing scheme valued at N5 billion.

* The Ilubinrin housing estate (which used to houseLagosstate civil servants and judges up till 2007) valued at N2.5 billion.

* The former Julius Berger yard at Oko Orisan, Epe valued at N450 million

Tinubu raised a loan of N4.7 billion on Eko Akete Project on which nothing was achieved before he turned around to sell the property to his Chagouri friends of C & C and Hitech Construction Ltd at a ridiculously low price at the expense of the taxpayers ofLagos.

Tinubu expended over N5 billion ofLagostax payers’ money on theBarBeachshoreline project and no further work has been done by the concessionaire to develop theAtlantic Cityproject which was claimed to have been over-subscribed. It is suspected that the N5 billion will soon become a complete waste given the temporary nature of the shoreline protection. The Federal Government in 2005 offered to handle this project at no cost toLagosbut Tinubu refused because of his personal interest and greed.

Tinubu applied to personally purchase the Federal Secretariat building while in office. When he couldn’t get to buy it, he directed Fashola to stop the eventual owner of the complex from developing it. The complex is presently wasting away courtesy of theLagosStategovernment.

It took several months of horse-trading and underhand payments before Gov Fashola could allow the new owners of 1004 flats to redevelop the complex.

Several other buyers of Federal Government properties and developers in Ikoyi, VI and GRA Ikeja were forced to succumb to the outrageous demands of Tinubu, Fashola, Commissioner Abosede and other officials of the Lagos State Physical Planning Ministry and were made to pay ridiculous amounts into private accounts before their redevelopments were approved. Those who refused or were unable to pay could not develop their properties. This is a major economic strangulation of property developers and has contributed largely to the skyrocketing rents in Ikoyi, VI and Lekki axis.

Tinubu is said to have converted all the plots of land where Lagos Polytechnic was located at Ikosi near the old toll gate. He chased away the polytechnic in 2006 and went ahead to locate the choice plots to himself, his cronies and political associates. The headquarters of Television Continental (TVC) which is owned by him is located there. He deprived the youths ofLagosof decent education because of his greed.

Tinubu single-handedly sold the prime land on Aboyade Cole, VI that was recovered from some allottees, to UACN Properties Plc. The amount of the proceeds is shrouded in secrecy

Use of land and properties to buy favours from public officials

This is an act of usingLagosprime land to buy favours and corrupt public officials. This act was perfected by Bola Tinubu as governor and has now been inherited by Gov Fashola.

Several prominent Nigerians in the judiciary, police, INEC, and other sensitive agencies have obtained prime land from Tinubu and Gov. Fashola over the years without paying a kobo. Many of them had turned around to sell the land to third parties at substantial profit.

Many top officials in the police, INEC and the judiciary who participated in the 2003 and 2007 elections and tribunals in states where Tinubu has interest were compromised with parcels of free primeLagosland and cash. If the Lagos State Lands Bureau could publish the names and identities of beneficiaries of land from year 2000 to date, the scandal that would result is better imagined. Gbenga Ashafa and Mrs. Awofisayo are the conduit through which these acts are being perpetuated. Both are also personally involved in various dubious land transactions on their own.

Prime land and properties have been used to pay off public officials who are personally close to Tinubu and Fashola for ‘job well done’ or for being privy to sensitive information.

* Dele Alake, former commissioner for Information and Strategy, was sold a whole house onAlexander Road, Ikoyi where he lived as official quarters at a giveaway price.

* Rauf Aregbesola, AC Osun State governor, also got a detached house at Ladoke Akintola st, GRA Ikeja for the “good job” he did while serving under Tinubu.

* Yemi Cardoso and Wale Edun, both former commissioners, were sold houses on Iru Close, and other locations in old Ikoyi at giveaway prices by Tinubu. The list is endless.

Gov Fashola was Tinubu’s Chief of Staff from 2002 to 2007. He was a part of these scams, running errands for his boss to perpetrate these corrupt acts. He has since taken over as governor and has continued with these acts.

Gov Fashola in the wake of the petition against him presented by “The True Face of Lagos” to the House of Assembly, succeeded in buying his way out of trouble, albeit temporarily, by bribing each of the 40 members with cash and prime state land at Abijo GRA, off Lekki-Epe road. In addition, he bought a N40 million bullet-proof jeep for the Speaker in a desperate bid to ward off investigation by the Assembly.

These corrupt acts have deprived the taxpayers ofLagosbillions of naira which could have been used for public projects. Indeed, the prime land stolen from the Lekki axis is enough to build the Lekki-Epe road without burdening residents and other taxpayers with a 30-year concessional toll road.

These and other allegations are what Tinubu is going to strive to exonerate himself from, especially in his current trial by the Code of Conduct.

Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by NegroNtns(m): 5:14am On Jan 17, 2012
I just can not stand these annoying pests.

The only people that accomodate them in Nigeria is Yoruba.  To those of us who continue to believe in "omo lua bi". . . here is what we have been saying about the nature of ibo.  

They have shown their a s s today when they rejoiced at militarization of our land.  They have lost their refuge in our hearts.  They have shown they want us killed, all of us, christians and muslims and ifa worshippers alike, . . any of us with Yoruba blood flowing in our veins.

They should look to the christians in SS for sympathy when boko visit to shed ibo blood in North, which is dayam sure going to be in few hours.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by BlackPikiN(m): 5:17am On Jan 17, 2012
^^^^^OJU OLE RE!

Tinubu Allegedly Collecting N200 Million From Assembly Allowance – How Oando Boss Wale Tinubu Helped Him Steal Lagos Lands.

Recently the public was awash with reports of the arrest of the of the Lagos House of Assembly Speaker, Hon. Adeyemi Ikuforiji, over allegations bordering on corruption and abuse of office.

The petitioner stated that Ikuforiji used his position as Speaker to collect a monthly running cost of N500 million on first line charge. In the last 14 months, he was said to have collected not less than N7 billion, which he has been funnelling abroad to buy properties through proxies and his automobile company called Brown Motors, located at 2, Mobolaji Bank-Anthony Way, Maryland, Ikeja Lagos, adding that Mr. Ikuforiji committed perjury by denying his record of conviction in his INEC forms submitted in 2007 and 2011, whereas he had been convicted twice in the United States, in 2001 and 2005.

Though the Speaker has been released from the EFCC’s custody, the allegation has not only dented his image in the political landscape, it has rubbished his posture on good governance and rule of law.

However, those who are in the know claimed that the Speaker could not have perpetrated the fraud without the support of the Lion of Bourdillon and godfather ofLagosStatepolitics, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who is facing corruption charges with ICPC for operating a foreign account while serving as the governor ofLagosState. The source who craves anonymity stated that the Speaker is remitting whopping sum of N200m to the former governor on a monthly basis just to secure his political future, especially his ambition to become theLagosStategovernor.

This is not the first time the former governor would be mentioned in this kind of fraud-related act. It would be recalled that a group known as Concerned Citizens of Lagos had levelled allegations of corruption against the former governor, accusing him of grabbing lands ofLagosStateusing front and proxies that include the boss of Oando Petroleum, Wale Tinubu, and that he has so far converted over N500bn worth of land inLagos.

The group claimed that Tinubu used his position to acquire No 4 Oyinkan Abayomi (formerly Queen’s ) Drive, Ikoyi, a five-bedroom detached house on one acre of land, which was a Lagos State Governor’s guest house since 1979. The C of O was signed and released to him by Fashola in 2007 shortly after he assumed office. The property is valued at N450 million.

Also his residence at26 Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi was initially falsely presented as Oando Plc guest house. Later, he purportedly bought it from Oando, and used public fund to rebuild and renovate it. Recently, theLagosStategovernment bought the property and paid an undisclosed sum to him and thereafter gave the property back to him under the bogus Pension Bill he signed to law shortly before he left office in 2007. The property is worth over N600 million

The annex of theLagosState Guest House in Asokoro,Abujawas bought by the State Government in 2006 for N450 million purportedly to protect the main house from security breach. Shortly after he left office, the property was transferred to him under the pension plan he signed into law before he left office. Not only this, the 250 hectare land valued at about N35 billion strategically located at the Ajah junction on Lekki Road which was initially meant for a General Hospital for the people of Eti-Osa local government was stolen by Tinubu and handed over to Trojan Estate Ltd, a company owned by Deji and Wale Tinubu, to develop as Royal Garden housing estate at the expense of the tax payers of Lagos.

He is also said to have acquired 1,000 hectares of land valued at about N75 billion located at Abijo at Ibeju-Lekki LG and given it to LCC, which is part owned by Tinubu and Fashola and being developed as a golf course and housing estate by Assets and Resource Management Ltd (ARM).

A prime land of 157 hectares with 2.5km of Atlantic beachfront valued at about N10 billion was stolen by Tinubu from the communities of Siriwon, Igbekodo, Apakin, etc in Ibeju-Lekki LG and given to Ibukun Fakeye, his crony, to build a golf course and luxury villa with little or no compensation to the villagers. In addition, Tinubu paid $20 million (N3 billion) public funds to Ibukun Fakeye to commence the project in late 2006. Fashola has since released additional funding for this project, which is not owned by the state government.

A one-acre Parkview, Ikoyi foreshore land valued at N1 billion reclaimed byLagosState Government is now owned by Bola Tinubu. While in office, he also allocated to himself the former Strabag yard beside theLagosStatesecretariat at Alausa, Ikeja.

Another is a choice property at Lekki-Epe road on which he built and owns the multi-billion naira Oriental Hotel and the extension of a multi-storey car park beside it. Also is the multi-level recreation centre by Mobil in Oniru Estate on Lekki-Epe road, which he jointly owns with ARM and Tunji Olowolafe. All these assets valued at over N25 billion were obtained without paying a kobo to the Lagos State Government.

Tinubu and Fashola sold the following primeLagosproperties to their personal friend and front, Prince Dipo Eludoyin, at very ridiculous prices:

* The 3.8 hectares oflandofLagos State Fisheriesoffice in VI (beside theInstituteofOceanography) valued at N3 billion.

* The Fishery landing jetty at Badore (where the Ilubirin fishermen were to be relocated) valued at N500 million

* The entire Ogudu foreshore scheme initially earmarked for low cost housing scheme valued at N5 billion.

* The Ilubinrin housing estate (which used to houseLagosstate civil servants and judges up till 2007) valued at N2.5 billion.

* The former Julius Berger yard at Oko Orisan, Epe valued at N450 million

Tinubu raised a loan of N4.7 billion on Eko Akete Project on which nothing was achieved before he turned around to sell the property to his Chagouri friends of C & C and Hitech Construction Ltd at a ridiculously low price at the expense of the taxpayers ofLagos.

Tinubu expended over N5 billion ofLagostax payers’ money on theBarBeachshoreline project and no further work has been done by the concessionaire to develop theAtlantic Cityproject which was claimed to have been over-subscribed. It is suspected that the N5 billion will soon become a complete waste given the temporary nature of the shoreline protection. The Federal Government in 2005 offered to handle this project at no cost toLagosbut Tinubu refused because of his personal interest and greed.

Tinubu applied to personally purchase the Federal Secretariat building while in office. When he couldn’t get to buy it, he directed Fashola to stop the eventual owner of the complex from developing it. The complex is presently wasting away courtesy of theLagosStategovernment.

It took several months of horse-trading and underhand payments before Gov Fashola could allow the new owners of 1004 flats to redevelop the complex.

Several other buyers of Federal Government properties and developers in Ikoyi, VI and GRA Ikeja were forced to succumb to the outrageous demands of Tinubu, Fashola, Commissioner Abosede and other officials of the Lagos State Physical Planning Ministry and were made to pay ridiculous amounts into private accounts before their redevelopments were approved. Those who refused or were unable to pay could not develop their properties. This is a major economic strangulation of property developers and has contributed largely to the skyrocketing rents in Ikoyi, VI and Lekki axis.

Tinubu is said to have converted all the plots of land where Lagos Polytechnic was located at Ikosi near the old toll gate. He chased away the polytechnic in 2006 and went ahead to locate the choice plots to himself, his cronies and political associates. The headquarters of Television Continental (TVC) which is owned by him is located there. He deprived the youths ofLagosof decent education because of his greed.

Tinubu single-handedly sold the prime land on Aboyade Cole, VI that was recovered from some allottees, to UACN Properties Plc. The amount of the proceeds is shrouded in secrecy

Use of land and properties to buy favours from public officials

This is an act of usingLagosprime land to buy favours and corrupt public officials. This act was perfected by Bola Tinubu as governor and has now been inherited by Gov Fashola.

Several prominent Nigerians in the judiciary, police, INEC, and other sensitive agencies have obtained prime land from Tinubu and Gov. Fashola over the years without paying a kobo. Many of them had turned around to sell the land to third parties at substantial profit.

Many top officials in the police, INEC and the judiciary who participated in the 2003 and 2007 elections and tribunals in states where Tinubu has interest were compromised with parcels of free primeLagosland and cash. If the Lagos State Lands Bureau could publish the names and identities of beneficiaries of land from year 2000 to date, the scandal that would result is better imagined. Gbenga Ashafa and Mrs. Awofisayo are the conduit through which these acts are being perpetuated. Both are also personally involved in various dubious land transactions on their own.

Prime land and properties have been used to pay off public officials who are personally close to Tinubu and Fashola for ‘job well done’ or for being privy to sensitive information.

* Dele Alake, former commissioner for Information and Strategy, was sold a whole house onAlexander Road, Ikoyi where he lived as official quarters at a giveaway price.

* Rauf Aregbesola, AC Osun State governor, also got a detached house at Ladoke Akintola st, GRA Ikeja for the “good job” he did while serving under Tinubu.

* Yemi Cardoso and Wale Edun, both former commissioners, were sold houses on Iru Close, and other locations in old Ikoyi at giveaway prices by Tinubu. The list is endless.

Gov Fashola was Tinubu’s Chief of Staff from 2002 to 2007. He was a part of these scams, running errands for his boss to perpetrate these corrupt acts. He has since taken over as governor and has continued with these acts.

Gov Fashola in the wake of the petition against him presented by “The True Face of Lagos” to the House of Assembly, succeeded in buying his way out of trouble, albeit temporarily, by bribing each of the 40 members with cash and prime state land at Abijo GRA, off Lekki-Epe road. In addition, he bought a N40 million bullet-proof jeep for the Speaker in a desperate bid to ward off investigation by the Assembly.

These corrupt acts have deprived the taxpayers ofLagosbillions of naira which could have been used for public projects. Indeed, the prime land stolen from the Lekki axis is enough to build the Lekki-Epe road without burdening residents and other taxpayers with a 30-year concessional toll road.

These and other allegations are what Tinubu is going to strive to exonerate himself from, especially in his current trial by the Code of Conduct.

Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Nchara: 5:24am On Jan 17, 2012
Yorubas in Abia feeling free, let alone those in Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and Igbo speaking Delta and Rivers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/yoruba-in-abia-appoint-monarch/

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-718689.0.html
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Nchara: 5:26am On Jan 17, 2012
What do we get in return?
Kidnapping and killing of our people in SW https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-815047.0.html
I see no diff btw that and BH (okay one is covert and the other is overt)
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Tabon: 8:58am On Jan 17, 2012
Fashola is pretender. He wants cheap popularity. What does he know about democratic principles. He only wants to please lagosian because he perceived he has fallen out of favor because of toll gate collection. He cant be president.
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Lagosboy: 9:14am On Jan 17, 2012
Fashola assumes lagosians are gullible.

Let it be known FASHOLA SUPPORTED THE REMOVAL OF SUBSIDY, ACNs governor declaration was only a weak political attempt to dissociate itself. OShiomole of ACN also supported the subsidy removal and he was the only bold one not to attend the ACN governors meeting.

Fashola is double faced, he is the same person that jerked up fees from 20k to 200,000K . Was it not on his orders , policemen attacked innocent protesters at the toll gate?

Who is fooling who, now he feel threatens that a PDP FG deploys troops to his domain. Nigerians should wake up to the deciet of some of this ACN governors. Only Aregbesola and Fayemi were really against the subsidy removal !!
Re: Fashola For President Of Nigeria by Demdem(m): 9:20am On Jan 17, 2012
Big B1:

What exactly are the achievements of the retardeen that made him qualified for the presidency. What exactly did he achieve has a governor that made peeps vote for him. Is on record that he failed miserably as a governor yet he is our current president. Dont be deceived, Fashola is more than qualified to be.
If i will support him or not, i will wait till then. Will like to consider other alternatives

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Journey To Asaba / Sheikh Zakzaky: ''the West Wants To Render Nigeria Ungovernable'' / Policies And Factors That Are Killing Our Country!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.