Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? (6516 Views)

NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / NLC Threatens Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Scarcity / Orji Uzor Kalu In His His Water Sport Vehicle – Earned From ABIA Treassury. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2012
To be candid in my opinion i think there are lot of lessons learnt as well as benefits derived from the just suspended nation wide strike and protest.

Yea some my say we didn't get to achieve our desired pump price per litre, however i would say more than 50% reduction from the old price of N141/litre to N97/litre is an achievement.

In the circumstance, there are lots of revelation as a result of the aftermath of the strike which the govt might be regretting some of which are as follows:

1) That Nigerians are resolved never to allow anyone take them for granted

2) We were able to force the FG to shift ground on the static position of the ill timed deregulation

3) Nigerians were united to face a common goal which gained the support of pple from various works of life. technicians, professionals, artistes etc

4) That most of the pple in govt are disconnected from reality and challenges an average Nigerian face daily

5) That president Jonathan has the 'element' in him to rule as a dictator under civilian rule

6) That ethnicity is still a major threat to the unity of a one nation Nigeria

6) Never give women to much power to control men

7) when govt is criticized objectively by opposition, they'll term it as election rally or treason

cool That corruption has become a major shareholder in the Nigerian Polity

9) That Labour union leaders shouldn't be trusted 100%

10) That major elected officials are deceitful and heartless

11) That PDP isn't the right party for Nigeria

12) That technocrats can mislead politicians

more to come
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Ufeolorun(m): 9:22pm On Jan 16, 2012
You are right my friend.Believe me they will never announce any major policy in such an abusive manner again.
To have deployed troops to lagos it means they were really threatened but the ominous signs are now very clear to them.
We need to organise more and continue to harness our disaffection and love for country.

The Omar led labour showed how untrustworthy they are during Yar'dua saga so I never trusted them and I am not disappointed but I am very proud of those who just showed that we could actually force people to listen to us,it will only get louder.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 17, 2012
that people power is real. witness the panic of gej which is still reverberating

that any revolution will fail because of ethnic rivalry/political immaturity
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Afritelly: 8:02pm On Jan 17, 2012
I learned that no hope anymore and nothing will work in Nigeria.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2012
that if nigerians were arabs , gaddafi and mubarak would still be in power
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 17, 2012
That there will NEVER be Unity amongst different ethnic groups in Nigeria.

That people will never leave religious or ethnic sentiments aside to speak the truth.

I have NEVER EVER trusted labour right from the Oshomole erra so I wonder why people trusted Omar, who doesn't have a single iota of trust written 50km from him.

That the South West still remain the most Cowardice out of ALL six geopolitical zones.

That the youths are becoming more aware of government and governance.

And Finally;

THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN (especially the Yoruba) is a 4CKING COWARD AND TRAITOR!!!
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by destinedtee(m): 8:21pm On Jan 17, 2012
@talknafree : how many times will people warn tribalistic personalities on this forum, Although everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but my advice for u is to growp up and be matured, thanks, Lol
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Rad1cal: 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2012
oyb:

that if nigerians were arabs , gaddafi and mubarak would still be in power

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRChku4osWxsrmEkQ502rry_KtFaw_MTbHSd7lKhxJTRL3Jvvt5-0ttIkE[/img]

Dunce, We can never be Arab's, because no one can lead us tyrannically for such [b]X [/b]amount of years, spanning over 20 years 0r more

Where did you bury your brain,  guess in your tuft [b]occupied [/b]arse as usual  cool
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by dublinkmy6: 8:28pm On Jan 17, 2012
That Nigerians are clueless as to what they were really agitating for and that majority of them are illiterates. Again, i think Nigerians have learnt never to underestimate or underrate GEJ again.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Rad1cal: 8:31pm On Jan 17, 2012
dublinkmy6:

[size=16pt]That Nigerians are clueless as to what they were really agitating for and that majority of them are illiterates[/size]. Again, i think Nigerians have learnt never to underestimate or underrate GEJ again.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhKLO_r88M4jzxXYTPCxvFBNbmSqZ3c5kZUraA77Rv87Tv7p5W[/img]
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
is this a treasonable, coup-plotting, seccessionist thread grin grin grin beware PDP sycophants abound in great numbers here grin
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by chuksikem(m): 8:39pm On Jan 17, 2012
talknafree:

That there will NEVER be Unity amongst different ethnic groups in Nigeria.

That people will never leave religious or ethnic sentiments aside to speak the truth.

I have NEVER EVER trusted labour right from the Oshomole erra so I wonder why people trusted Omar, who doesn't have a single iota of trust written 50km from him.

That the South West still remain the most Cowardice out of ALL six geopolitical zones.

That the youths are becoming more aware of government and governance.

And Finally;

THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN (especially the Yoruba) is a 4CKING COWARD AND TRAITOR!!!

Word man,

Same thing happened during the lekki toll protest, it was a biig shame that the real owners of the land chickened out, leaving igbos and ND guys to fight for them.

You are better off alone man
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by ezeagu(m): 8:42pm On Jan 17, 2012
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 17, 2012
destinedtee:
@talknafree : how many times will people warn tribalistic personalities on this forum, Although everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but my advice for u is to growp up and be matured, thanks, Lol

^^^ being st*upid is a fashion trend to you and I can see you want to be in vogue.
Where was your sorry life and a*ss when I come out and say the flaws of the Ibos, Hausas, Yorubas, and south-south? You think I am blind at anyone's tribal misdeeds? Show me one person else in this forum that is ibo and come out to say how an average ibo man is greedy, or a yoruba man in here that will admit that the average yoruba is a noise maker and a bloody coward.

No and lick on your sorry a*ss bro.

The truth though is better but I will always say it.

If that same #occupyganifawehnmisquare (and not Nigeria) had taken place in the East or Soutj-South region, even with the soldiers released, GEJ sef for hear am.

Afterall those in Abuja and Kano still went on with the protest even with soldiers manhandling them.
But the yorubas ran and started shaking under their bed.

I just laughed and said "see people wey wan fight civil war".
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Ufeolorun(m): 8:48pm On Jan 17, 2012
The protest didn't fail except you r making a simplistic assessment of it. The maturity of some of the governors in handling those rallies is very commendable.
Tribal or not as long as the most critical aspects of our nation stand up other will have no choice no matter their bigoted rantings.
All we need is for Lagos(be sure a lot of SW state will follow suit).Kano(same for  NW states).Ibadan,Kaduna,Niger(same for NC),Benin to revolt and the rest of the country will have no other choice than to comply.
All those noise from some marginalised Minority does not bother me at all and cannot stop changes needed in this country
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Rad1cal: 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
[size=16pt]Trying to copy the Arab spring , but were singing and dancing  cheesy, constituting public nuisance
[/size]

Jokers don't even know what they want and how to go about what they want.

Lessons learnt: The average Lagosian love partying and clubbing  cool
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by slimyem: 8:57pm On Jan 17, 2012
i learnt that though it might be long, we'll get there someday.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by bright007(f): 8:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
Protest continues.

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/white%5E_%5Elucon%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5ENO TO N97 PER LITRE%5E_%5E.gif[/img]
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by seunlayi(m): 9:47pm On Jan 17, 2012
i learnt that i should not jump to support a side in any conflict without adequate info. I was initially against gej on the subsidy issue but i latter shifted ground to support him

1 Like

Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by revolt(m): 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2012
Baboonsians are the most dumb and uneducated bloc in Nigeria.

Baboonsians are easily manipulated.

Baboonsians respond to whip better than cattle.

Channels TV is de worst TV station in Nigeria.

The non oil producing states claim more ownership of oil than the oil producing states.

I am in the top 0.0001% intellectuals in de country since I understand the economical need for subsidy more than Elrufai, Pat Utomi, Tunde Bakare, Dele Momodu, Buhari, Atiku, kalu idika kalu, chinua achebe, etc.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by cheikh: 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2012
@Op

That Area boys/hooligans/miscreants/Extortionists are firmly entrenched in Lagos, Ogun and Ibadan as potential saboteurs of ideals of good intentioned peaceful revolts in Nigeria.

Their bad behaviour and actions elicit the "wrath"/reaction of our trigger happy police and army men in the SW hence the current invasion of Lagos by the army. Seriously, the excesses of these hooligans or area boys are a bigger threat to any cohesive collective peaceful action against the government(centre). Indiscipline must not be tolerated otherwise all the good work/organisation for a successful strike can easily be undone by the presence of these indisciplined minority in the midst of a strike. I believe that most of us have read about their misguided actions/road blocks in some parts of Lagos during the strike/potential revolt. Revolts can easily fail because of actions of miscreants on the periphery of a revolution thereby giving the movement a bad name/image in the eyes of the status quo. I hope next time these so called area boys will be dealt with decisively/schooled on the finer points of the ideals or else forget it. Our so called Law enforcement officers are never trained politically let alone on the finer points of [b]civility [/b]towards unarmed civilians, otherwise, they would not be so quick to fire live rounds on their fellow citizens. They behave as if they own us or worse, contemptuously most especially in the south of the country(Nigeria). Analyse the number of persons killed in the south against just two in kano/North of the Benue and Niger(Jebba). Is it that people in the north were better behaved or that the police in the north of the country have more self restraint. In Kaduna the curfew was blatantly ignored yet nobody was killed nor assaulted by men in uniform. Why?
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by tirtimy: 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2012
I learnt that
1. understanding differs
2. Religion cannot take us anywhere
3. Acceptance must exist in  policy that concerns a group of people
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Wily1Wily: 10:23pm On Jan 17, 2012
The lesson i learnt is Never trust a Yorubas man, they tricked Hausas to protest, abandon them half way and went home to have nice time with their family and eat Amala, while Hausas are still on the street protesting and dying for nothing. Yorubas did this to Hausas because they took them as people with Cow and Goat brain. Yoruba get sense well well
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Faheedat: 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2012
To the best of my knowledge,NOTHING to write home about the strike,we only add more and jack up our poverty level because everything goes up astronomically
Haba Nigeria why? just 49.203% increase in fuel subsidy
Let us rededicate ourself and minimise our property acquisition for the betterment of all
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Yeske2(m): 10:48pm On Jan 17, 2012
I learnt that the NLC and TUC are never to be trusted.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by freecocoa(f): 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2012
*learnt that nothing will ever make me join anything like protest in this country.
*Bribery and corruption can never be stopped in nigeria
*The Labour congress is too unreliable
*justice is not in the nigerian govt's dictionary.
*Many Nigerians are more of all talk no action.
*Its gonna take longer than I thought for things to get better.
*I really won't mind changing nationality.
*Dying for a cause in nigeria is the biggest mistake anyone can make.
*Voting is a waste of time.
*Don't judge a man by his appearance,he may look weak but is strong when it comes to wickedness\cluelessness.
*Women are very dangerous(knew that but I'm reminded of it again).
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Yeske2(m): 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2012
I learnt that the NLC and TUC are never to be trusted.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by realchange: 10:57pm On Jan 17, 2012
freecocoa:

*learnt that nothing will ever make me join anything like protest in this country.
*Bribery and corruption can never be stopped in nigeria
*The Labour congress is too unreliable
*justice is not in the nigerian govt's dictionary.
*Many Nigerians are more of all talk no action.
*Its gonna take longer than I thought for things to get better.
*I really won't mind changing nationality.
*Dying for a cause in nigeria is the biggest mistake anyone can make.
*Voting is a waste of time.
*Don't judge a man by his appearance,he may look weak but is strong when it comes to wickedness\cluelessness.
*Women are very dangerous(knew that but I'm reminded of it again).

gbam

gbam

gbam

shocked kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by toluxa1(m): 11:00pm On Jan 17, 2012
toba:

To be candid in my opinion i think there are lot of lessons learnt as well as benefits derived from the just suspended nation wide strike and protest.

Yea some my say we didn't get to achieve our desired pump price per litre, however i would say more than 50% reduction from the old price of N141/litre to N97/litre is an achievement.

Bros, abeg re-check this your maths grin F9
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by DaLover(m): 11:01pm On Jan 17, 2012
1-that gej is a briliant strategist in handling tense situations- allowed the protest to go on for one week without much police or military inteference, knowing fully well that the area boys would undo themselves, thus when the military moved in, it was generally applauded by the rest of the country, except of course the core marketers and their holigans.

2- the Different regions of the country have their interest they are fighting for.
The north for the loss of its political leadership, the SW for 65naira and the SS and SE for resource control and true federalism.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Beaf: 11:03pm On Jan 17, 2012
[size=21pt]I learnt that the average #Occupiers IQ is well below 70![/size]

Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by emmaBS(m): 11:43pm On Jan 17, 2012
I learnt that Jonathan is truely a weak man that runs away from challenges(Boko Haram, corruption, cabal) then bullies his wife(nigerian masses) at home.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bill To Stop Overseas Medical-Treatments For Officials Underway / Senator Dino Melaye Meets And Thanks Woman That Released Song For Him / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.