Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference (20679 Views)

Buhari Should Organise A Sovereign National Conference Now / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / Jonathan Rules Out Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by maclatunji: 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2012
Asari Leads Protest, Calls For Sovereign National Conference

Less than an hour after the Nigeria's labour unions called off the nationwide strike over the removal of fuel subsidy, Asari Dokubo, the leader of Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force, NPVF, led thousands youths on a peaceful protest.

The protest which took place along some major streets of Port Harcourt, the Rivers State Capital, was tagged "Operation Occupy Your Resources."

The protesters who were carrying placards lampooned the Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC, Trade Union Congress,TUC, and civil society groups for not protesting against systematic marginalisation of oil producing communities who have been crying over injustice and fraudulent depletion of their God given resources.

The placards read "Occupy Your Resources,Not Nigeria," "Sovereign National Conference Now," and "Why Not Occupy Nigeria When, Odi, Odioma, Gbaramatu were destroyed by the military?"

Others read: "Niger Delta Will Resist Any Attempt To Remove President Goodluck Jonathan", "When Ndigbos and Southerners were being killed in the North why did Labour lead a nationwide protest," "The Oil Subsidy Cabal Must Be Exposed,"etc.

Asari who was atop the roof of a Lexus SUV carrying the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force flag and other protesters caused a serious traffic jam along Ikwerre road.

They were followed in a measured distance by armed policemen drawn from the Rivers State Police Command in a convoy of about 10 troopers.

Asari had addressed his supporters at the Isaac Boro Park,in the state capital, on the need to be peaceful in their conduct during the rally.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/01/16/asari-leads-protest-calls-for-sovereign-national-conference/
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by GeneralGEJ: 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2012
This guy is operating beyond the mandate i gave him- does he not know that the SNC will never please the owners of Nigeria.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Wily1Wily: 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2012
Good News, I am Dancing now with my grandpa
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by maclatunji: 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
Wily1Wily:

Good News, I am Dancing now with my grandpa

It doesn't take much to get you going, does it?
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Chyz2: 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2012
Great news. I think placards mentioning the environmental degradation of Ogoniland made as well.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by aljharem(m): 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2012
Finally.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2012
It is a matter of time, and the flow of free oil will stop.

Once the flow of oil stops, Nigeria will breath her last breath and I will pledge my loyalty to the land of the rising sun.

hahahahaha. I told people that it was not just "subsidy", it is the oil war.

That was why the Biafrans faced their businesses, while the Niger Deltan were waiting and hoping that the TUC will carryout the shutdown of iol productions, so that the free oil will stop to flow.

We are watching and waiting.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Wily1Wily: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2012
maclatunji:

It doesn't take much to get you going, does it?
half bread is better than non
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by doctokwus: 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2012
noblezone:

It is a matter of time, and the flow of free oil will stop.

Once the flow of oil stops, Nigeria will breath her last breath and I will pledge my loyalty to the land of the rising sun.

hahahahaha. I told people that it was not just "subsidy", it is the oil war.

That was why the Biafrans faced their businesses, while the Niger Deltan were waiting and hoping that the TUC will carryout the shutdown of iol productions, so that the free oil will stop to flow.

We are watching and waiting.
This so called free oil self.I don't see how it has benefitted anybody,afterall it has bn a tale of degradation& many people av neva bought so called subsidised fuel for all their years in dis country.D earlier we run out of oil,d better for everyone of us
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Rhino5dm: 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
God bless. Mujaheed Asari Dokubo. May this wonderful dream come to pass.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by kpogede77: 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2012
Asari is my mentor and he will continue to be my mentor. Our own rally is coming up in Warri very soon in support of SNC. The oil will soon dry and we have to use it to develop our region before it is depleted.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by T8ksy(m): 5:58pm On Jan 17, 2012
kpogede77:

Asari is my mentor and he will continue to be my mentor. Our own rally is coming up in Warri very soon in support of SNC. The oil will soon dry and we have to use it to develop our region before it is depleted.

I sincerely wish you guys all the best of luck.

SNC NOW!!!
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by jamace(m): 6:39pm On Jan 17, 2012
Better! cool
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by manny4life(m): 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
Hmm,

Nigeria, my beloved country is at the final brink of collapse. Let us wait and see how this pans out, Occupy your resources, that's a good one. At least, O Israel to your tent; if you know your resources, now is the time to FOCUS on it. OIL is definitely not the KEY to development in our dear country.

Anyway, GOOD protest, let the march begin.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2012
where were these mutts during the bonga oil spill?

will the fg not deploy soldiers to stop the procession led by a known criminal? cheesy cheesy
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by ak47mann(m): 7:35pm On Jan 17, 2012
still trying to figure this thing about ONE "NIGERIAAA"is it really a country?or just a big land full of different ethnics groups looking for their own pocket alone,if i cant live in the north why are we still one Nigeria?i doesn't make any constitutional sense,or is it the oil&gas that is joining them together?

Look if anyone call you a tribalist and that person is a Nigeria,run for your life,i see Nigeria like a big forest with a pack of wolves going around killing anything that is not from the same family,is madness

True federalism will solve a lot of problem or blow the sound of freedom and tell everybody to go home,some are tired of living in the same country with some groups cool cool
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by sheyguy: 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2012
This is foolishness at its hihhest, I wonder what Nnamdi Azikiwe will be doing in his grave right now.
As for those rejoicing, People who don't know their history are bound to repeat it.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2012
GeneralGEJ = alj harem . Be very careful of Master of Deception. He has like 50 monikers.  

"Every action deserve a reaction" ---- An inspiring quote by al harem.

Back to topic

maclatunji:

Asari Leads Protest, Calls For Sovereign National Conference

Less than an hour after the Nigeria's labour unions called off the nationwide strike over the removal of fuel subsidy, Asari Dokubo, the leader of Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force, NPVF, led thousands youths on a peaceful protest.

The protest which took place along some major streets of Port Harcourt, the Rivers State Capital, was tagged "Operation Occupy Your Resources."

The protesters who were carrying placards lampooned the Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC, Trade Union Congress,TUC, and civil society groups for not protesting against systematic marginalisation of oil producing communities who have been crying over injustice and fraudulent depletion of their God given resources.

The placards read "Occupy Your Resources,Not Nigeria," "Sovereign National Conference Now," and "Why Not Occupy Nigeria When, Odi, Odioma, Gbaramatu were destroyed by the military?"

Others read: "Niger Delta Will Resist Any Attempt To Remove President Goodluck Jonathan", "When Ndigbos and Southerners were being killed in the North why did Labour lead a nationwide protest," "The Oil Subsidy Cabal Must Be Exposed,"etc.

Asari who was atop the roof of a Lexus SUV carrying the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force flag and other protesters caused a serious traffic jam along Ikwerre road.

They were followed in a measured distance by armed policemen drawn from the Rivers State Police Command in a convoy of about 10 troopers.

Asari had addressed his supporters at the Isaac Boro Park,in the state capital, on the need to be peaceful in their conduct during the rally.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/01/16/asari-leads-protest-calls-for-sovereign-national-conference/

We are following the situation with keen interest. Thank you.

Naija.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by NET1(m): 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
#Occupy Your Resources# This is the real protest (the mother of them all)

.NET
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Demdem(m): 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2012
Thieves.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 17, 2012
ak47mann:

I still trying to figure this thing about ONE "NIGERIAAA"is it really a country?or just a big land full of different ethnics groups looking for their own pocket alone,if i cant live in the north why are we still one Nigeria?i doesn't make any constitutional sense,or is it the oil&gas that is joining them together?

Look if anyone call you a tribalist and that person is a Nigeria,run for your life,i see Nigeria like a big forest with a pack of wolves going around killing anything that is not from the same family,is madness

True federalism will solve a lot of problem or blow the sound of freedom and tell everybody to go home,some are tired of living in the same country with some groups cool cool

Kudos . Buyaka! Buyaka! Buyaka! ,  SNC now!
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by aljharem(m): 7:43pm On Jan 17, 2012
Olodostein:

GeneralGEJ = alj harem . Be very careful of Master of Deception. He has like 50 monikers.  

"Every action deserve a reaction" ---- An inspiring quote by al harem.

Back to topic

We are following the situation with keen interest. Thank you.

Naija.

I do not have over 50 monikers

I am not general GEJ

Not now not ever
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by sheyguy: 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2012
oyb:

will the fg not deploy soldiers to stop the procession led by a known criminal?  cheesy cheesy
Thank you for ur observation.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by youngmonie: 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2012
Last i read of asari dokubo (we will defend jonathan with our blood). so the simPle question remains "can dis true son of niger delta   Gej call for a snc?"
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by karlmax2: 7:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
sheyguy:
Quote from: oyb on Today at 07:34:17 PM

will the fg not deploy soldiers to stop the procession led by a known criminal?  

Thank you for your observation.

I also observed that their was no burning and looting!! I also observed that they were moving in an organized manner and were not disturbing other people going about their normal busisness and I can't Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ any road block and extortion going on on the federal roads even state roads and of course no body is smoking indian hemp aka EGBO aka MARY J aka abu saidi at the rally or was it mentioned on the op
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
Since A known criminal like Asari can lead protests while Retardden cheers him on, maybe its time for Osisikankwu too to occupy Aba
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
what creek was this one bunkering in when better people were pushing his master out of the kitchen he was happily occupying?
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2012
Now I am beginning to see clearly that jonathan's increase in Oil price goes far beyond the subsidy and government improving the lives of Nigerians crap he was spreading.

Now I can see exactly what Jonathan is up to. He probably wants Nigeria to collapse leaving the North and West standing solely, while probably the South east is merged with the South-South. The continuous attacks by Boko haram in the North on Christians is just to bring division amongst even the very same people of the North and those of the West.

I think he probably have promised the South-South and South-Eastern governors that the chunk of the 'secret' money removed from oil subsidy will be to develop the region. Dieazi and Okonjo both are from the South-south and South-Eastern region respectively and the were the arrow heads of that policy. Sanusi only was used to speak on the Economy benefits to Nigerians.

I SMELL A CIVIL WAR!!!
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 17, 2012
fools rush where angels fear to thread lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by dublinkmy6: 8:03pm On Jan 17, 2012
I really love this,
Infact, the entire SS/SE should join in this rally. Maybe, just maybe some of these idiotic politicians against GEJ's administeration will come to their senses. People who should have been nothing but cattle rearers and peasant farmers right now are busy abusing the priviledge afforded to them and at the same time, subjecting the true owners of oil to abject poverty.
Why should our President lack basic things like shoes or good for in his life? And you'll hear slowpokes refering to him as a fisherman. People from wastelands around Nigeria were busy protesting about other peoples resources in the name of occupy Nigeria.
Let everyone occupy their own resource from now on.
BTW, Why should GEJ go for just one term? Abeg we need you there for at least 12 years because if it goes back to north, it may not return until Jesus comes back.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by aljharem(m): 8:07pm On Jan 17, 2012
talknafree:

Now I am beginning to see clearly that jonathan's increase in Oil price goes far beyond the subsidy and government improving the lives of Nigerians crap he was spreading.

Now I can see exactly what Jonathan is up to. He probably wants Nigeria to collapse leaving the North and West standing solely, while probably the South east is merged with the South-South. The continuous attacks by Boko haram in the North on Christians is just to bring division amongst even the very same people of the North and those of the West.

[size=14pt]I think he probably have promised the South-South and South-Eastern governors that the chunk of the 'secret' money removed from oil subsidy will be to develop the region.[/size] Dieazi and Okonjo both are from the South-south and South-Eastern region respectively and the were the arrow heads of that policy. Sanusi only was used to speak on the Economy benefits to Nigerians.

I SMELL A CIVIL WAR!!!

of course, Go read the SURE program. Although he did not do the same to SE but SS yes

For example a state like kogi would get 5-7 billion from the 1.3 trillion

while a state like rivers would get 43-50 billion.

that was the whole point. Again he did not include the SE into this Allocation scheme and he is right to do so since they have no Oil.
Re: Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2012
Like this is gona b a long season of occupying anything. Nw peeps from states that seems to v nothing will nw to align with those that ve so as to be carried along incase of any inventuality. Hahahaha, nw u will read frm knwn NL tribalist preaching one Nigeria whl others will shout resource control and some parasites will weep up sentiments as usual. Fake citizens of a fake country. Since its obvious that some tribes dnt like others and some cant co-habit with another tribe without killing them and all efforts to practice true federalism has bin frustrated then its better we all stop decieving ourselves and go our seprate ways since thats the only way this rancor and bitterness will come to an end. Its rly ironic for some people to hate others dis much yet they dnt wnt them to say goodbye! I rly dnt get it. One thing is certain, this marrage is surely gona crash and pretty soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Boss Mustapha, New SGF (Photos) / Osinbajo: We Hope To Reopen Land Borders Soon / Buhari Clueless As Criminals Overrun Nigeria - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.