Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection (8511 Views)

Buhari Presented A Locally-Made Electricity Meter / 17,000 Ghost Workers In Phcn‏ / PHCN Pre-paid Maintenance Fees Are Illegal - NERC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by login123: 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
I went to buy N5,000 PHCN pre-paid card for my electricity meter in November, 2011, they collected maintenance fee of N2,300 from me and they only gave me card worth of N2,700 and today (17/01/2012) my card got exhausted and I went again to buy N5,000 pre card, again they collected maintenance fee of N2300. I feel very bad. Why all these day light robbery? and everybody is just keeping silent.
When will this stealing stop?
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by connectguy: 10:03am On May 11, 2012
same here, in Benin they charge a maintenance, fee of N300, am sure this is illegal. question? what is the right authority or body to complain to?
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by Olaolufred(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2012
IT HAD BEEN PUBLICISED ON NEWSPAPER THAT THE SO-CALLED MAINTAINANCE FEE IS FRAUD.
THE BEST THING IS FOR US TO START WRITING OUT IN PAPERS THESE DEMONIC ACTS FROM PHCN OFFICIALS.
I PAID N 1,250 LAST YEAR AUGUST. BUT NEVER PAID AGAIN SINCE THEN.
WE NIGERIAN PREFERED TO PAY A BRIBE THAN TO FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO PREVAIL OVER THE WRONGS. IF WE KEEP RESISTING THEIR SUPPRESSION, ONE DAY, ACCOUNTABILITY WILL BE EMBRACED. SYSTEM SOO ROTTEN.

1 Like

Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by Nobody: 11:27am On May 11, 2012
Nigerians should protest over things like this

outright robbery
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 11, 2012
SAME HERE. WAT DO WE DO?
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by Whymee: 12:04pm On May 11, 2012
This has been on for long.
The analogue meter then is fixed for 100 maintenance fee, yet you hadly see maintenance team on routine check on the meter.

Most funny part of story is when such meter got burnt or malfunction, you will be ask to make fresh payment for replacement or repair.

Yet we have representative at the national assembly
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by icansimi(m): 12:07pm On May 11, 2012
Pls hw can I post a NEW THREAD Oon Nairaland? I hvent succeded wit all ma atempts. Kidly help out pls. Tanx

1 Like

Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 11, 2012
That is terrible.
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by ismhab(m): 12:10pm On May 11, 2012
icansimi: Pls hw can I post a NEW THREAD Oon Nairaland? I hvent succeded wit all ma atempts. Kidly help out pls. Tanx
knock seun's head and his girl friend mukina.

1 Like

Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by blank(f): 12:10pm On May 11, 2012
Is it that when you go topay, they ask you for the cash or they deduct it from the units you are buying?
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2012
what are you guys complaining about - we have collectively bought 3 transformers between 2010 and 2011 alone, each flat paid N4,000 for a transformer that PHCN is supposed to replace. how can a whole Transformer go bad weeks after it has been installed!
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by queensmith: 12:16pm On May 11, 2012
How much electricity did you get for all the money you paid? Is it cheaper than a Gen?
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by billante(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2012
icansimi: Pls hw can I post a NEW THREAD Oon Nairaland? I hvent succeded wit all ma atempts. Kidly help out pls. Tanx

Just go to d right section for your topic and click on create new topic tab you see!
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by skyp(m): 12:33pm On May 11, 2012
this useless so called phcn should be be reported to the consumer protection commission
and if they do nothing about it, i think there will be need for a mass protest because this is absolutely
wrong and something must be done.
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by oiseworld: 12:42pm On May 11, 2012

from the homepage/front page, click on the location or group you think your topic shold be. These are always on the top of different topics.

When you are in the group page e.g religion,politcs,jokes,science and technology, click on create new topic. Then you can find your way. Make sure its an interesting topic else, it won't make front page.
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by macjurek(m): 12:43pm On May 11, 2012
METER MAINTENANCE FEES (MMF) ISSUES/PROBLEMS TO PHCN.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color]

Hi Dearest Customers/Consumers of Electricity,

Yes it is true that the "Meter Maintenance Fee" abbreviated MMF has been removed or stopped by National Electricity Regulation Commission (NERC) Abuja Headquarter.For them(PHCN) to continue to charge it is not fair and bad.

Let the NERC know about this, possible engage Lawyers to this effect, so that already collected money will be paid back to the humble and faithful consumers.

Engr.Amos Omogege.

NOTE: Keep your payment receipts intact for claims.
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by Uchmonia(m): 12:43pm On May 11, 2012
[/color]It is too bad for us nigerians 2 be paying that kind of money. Last 3 weeks ago d vanderlised our amoured cable in d transformer and we were ask 2 pay 4,000 & 3,000 depending on d house, so what are we talking about here; nigeria can never go any where with d way things are going everyday. So let us report d cupprits[color=#006600]It is too bad for us nigerians 2 be paying that kind of money. Last 3 weeks ago d vanderlised our amoured cable in d transformer and we were ask 2 pay 4,000 & 3,000 depending on d house, so what are we talking about here; nigeria can never go any where with d way things are going everyday. So let us report d cuppritsIt is too bad for us nigerians 2 be paying that kind of money. Last 3 weeks ago d vanderlised our amoured cable in d transformer and we were ask 2 pay 4,000 & 3,000 depending on d house, so what are we talking about here; nigeria can never go any where with d way things are going everyday. So let us report d cupprits
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 11, 2012
login123: I went to buy N5,000 PHCN pre-paid card for my electricity meter in November, 2011, they collected maintenance fee of N2,300 from me and they only gave me card worth of N2,700 and today (17/01/2012) my card got exhausted and I went again to buy N5,000 pre card, again they collected maintenance fee of N2300. I feel very bad. Why all these day light robbery? and everybody is just keeping silent.
When will this stealing stop?
ur talking of PHCN. just point to one single thing in nigeria that doesnt have some element of theft or cheating in it. the devil himself was made in nigeria.
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 11, 2012
al-qaeda:

ur talking of PHCN. just point to one single thing in nigeria that doesnt have some element of theft or cheating in it. the devil himself was made in nigeria.
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by icansimi(m): 12:57pm On May 11, 2012
@ billante & oieworld: tanx alot guyz. It worked. Cheers.
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by alaper: 1:03pm On May 11, 2012
A friend of mine saw helll from PHCN workers recently. His prepaid meter developed a fault and he could not load credit. He reported to PHCN and he was told to bring N30,000 to get it repaired privately. Obviously no reciept. He refused and insisted he is not supposed to pay anything since he is being charged for meter maintainance. He insisted everything must be official. The officials did not argue, they just removed the meter and "sent it to the maintainance department". Meanwhile he was put on "estimated billing" of N35,000 a month! despite his average use is less than N15,000. The arguement of the officials was that people tend to use more electricity when they are on a fixed tarrif. What about the meter? They have ordered for "spare parts" from the headquarters After 3 months of waiting for the "spare parts" which never came, he had climb down from his high horse, pay N25,000 under the table, and the meter was fixed in less than 24 hours!!!!!!
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by naija4change(m): 1:13pm On May 11, 2012
please how do i send a thread /topic on nairaland
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 11, 2012
The Enemy of freedom is happy slave, until u guys start speaking out , u will forever remain slave to ur goverment

2 Likes

Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by fm7070: 1:57pm On May 11, 2012
PHCN is the most fraudulent organisation in Nigeria but Nigerians don't speak out.
We seems to take their activities as normal. That is why they keep cheating us and they will keep on doing that until we're ready to speak out loudly
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:57pm On May 11, 2012
odiaero: The Enemy of freedom is happy slave, until u guys start speaking out , u will forever remain slave to ur goverment

Nice!
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by pator(m): 2:10pm On May 11, 2012
I bought my last prepaid units around March and then they did not charge maintenance fee again contrary to the previous ones I bought. Hope they have not started charging it again?
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 11, 2012
Buying of transformers for 4-6 million naira, can anyone shed more light on that.

cos, these guys make every neighborhood in lagos pay for transformers every 10-15 years, under the pretense of "transformer to too old and problematic."
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 11, 2012
Nigeria is doomed..
Only Allah can save us
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by feyiona(m): 3:27pm On May 11, 2012
A friend of mine did not finish the credit she bought in the monthe 2 months later she went to buy new credit and was charged 24k for loss of revenue PHCN claims she is supposed to be buying recharge every month
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by shollyfinboi(m): 3:35pm On May 11, 2012
THE DAY MY GRANDMOTHER WILL EAT BISCUIT BONE
Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by scribble: 4:26pm On May 11, 2012
send your proof (pictures and/or story) of this fraud and robbery to newsdesk@businessnews.com.ng

they are good at exposing

1 Like

Re: Day Light Corruption In Phcn Meter Maintenance Fees Collection by DisGuy: 4:42pm On May 11, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: what are you guys complaining about - we have collectively bought 3 transformers between 2010 and 2011 alone, each flat paid N4,000 for a transformer that PHCN is supposed to replace. how can a whole Transformer go bad weeks after it has been installed!

dont know whether to laugh or cry sef

or who to get angry at

you guys paying for the transformer or the people demanding money
you not only paid it, you paid three times!!

AND AND AND not an annual or occassional bleep but just within weeks!!

there must be something in the water!!!

O for barefaced oppression!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drop Second Term Ambition, Opposition Tells Uzodimma / GEJ Mourns Police Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash In Jos / 2019 Presidency: Rochas Okorocha To Takeover From Buhari-ifeduba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.